/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare game you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon leaks. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
If you don't have a PSP game for Adrenaline access, your only option is to use a PS3 to download from PSN then transfer to the Vita. Demos cannot transfer, only full PSP games and PS minis will work.
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-act-dat-generator-website.438592/
intl.target.com/p/nintendo-2ds-bundle-with-mario-kart-7-crimson-red/-/A-16482430
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ahzdf/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_november_2016/
3ds.guide/9.2.0-downgrade?
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)?
wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/cfwbooter
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for RIP

Is it worth installing Haxchii?

i tried creating a hans shortcut for launching sun with the no outlines& qr code scanner patch but it doesnt seem to work. it just returns me to the hbl menu. any ideas?

Is 3DS theme creation dead or did the 3dsthem.es site die off or stop getting support from the creator and everyone moved to another one?

This was the last time a new skin was uploaded.

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

>code : 0

Most Popular is now the default homepage. Change it to Most Recent.

one means it doesnt load code from sd. zero means it loads code from sd.

Trying to ask this here. /mhg/ doesn't have answer.

Daily reminder that Nintendo knows when you're running homebrew.

FC reports the titleid "FBI", "Freeshop" to Nintendo over the Friend Code network. Which can easily be connected to a console's device-id.
Given the lack of efforts to camouflage that (everything is packaged as a separate CIA with a unique ID nowadays, rather than loading silently through Homebrew Launcher), the only thing that's stopped Nintendo banning the lot of us is that they've just chosen not to, for whatever reason.

The banhammer is coming. You have been warned.

I am currently following this guide: 3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I am almost done now, but when I was on Section 6, Step 20 (Booting the device at least once with the SD card removed will allow you to configure the CTRNAND based luma installation) I rebooted the N3DS with the microSD removed and I only got a blackscreen.

I checked all the steps again and I am sure I've done everything according to the guide. Any ideas?

can someone recommend me a place to buy a ds flashcart online? Inside of USA preferred please, USA hot stuff is ass and dsflashcart won't take my American Express card

Anyone here that can make custom NES VC injects or can teach me how to make them?

How to activate PSN account on 3.60 Vita without PS3 when?

>asking a game general for help regarding things that happened because you hacked your device

Why do people think this is a good idea? Hacked consoles aren't nearly as widespread as you think, most people on generals are legalfags.

pfffft

The titleID isn't even made up with letters mate. Hell, the FBI I use is the one that replaces the safety warning thing, so they only see I'm a huge fan of safety. Also, I don't have an NNID on this thing, so I'm safe.

google it

Already tried, I found a Vita Activator vpk but when I tried to activate it said my IDPS was invalid.

What do I do?

Unbans are possible anyway

They said the Pokemon ban was unbannable

Not even 24 hours later we had unbanning methods

Stay Salty

We figure out how to share save files yet on 3DS?
Also is it safe to update games I grabbed via freeshop on my a9lh 3ds?

Dump your IDPS and use a script.

I already dumped my IDPS to my memory card, what script are you talking about?

Meanwhile GW doesn't require Homebrew so is totally safe in that regard.
3 years and no bans here yet.

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-act-dat-generator-website.438592/

Or you can just explain it to him you faggot.

>btw not me but
right

Can I hack the early 2016 MK7 2DS?

this one in specific

intl.target.com/p/nintendo-2ds-bundle-with-mario-kart-7-crimson-red/-/A-16482430

something called JK's save manager
never used it myself but it's a start

Yeah, only bricks :v)

I know that much, I just wonder if for example I can have someone send me a save file I'm able to just inject into my own game and make work.

well yeah that wasn't me, I just hate faggots who say that sorta shit in a thread specifically made for discussing such things.

yes

How do I inject an acnl save file from one copy to the next? Is jksm good enough?

>waiting for ps4 piracy
i just want to play my darksouls 2.5

How? Any tutorials online on how to use another persons saves?

depends on the current firmware. if it's brand new, then yes. compare the serial to this chart:
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ahzdf/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_november_2016/

generator website doesn't work anymore, I just get a blank screen.

GOTY is super cheap in the Black Friday sales. Beats waiting 5 hours for something that's NEVER EVER.

yeah, should work

The scripts are there on the github.

gore isn't allowed on blue boards

Is there a way to transfer from PC to N3DS SD card without Wifi? I want to put a theme on my 3DS but would rather not take the SD card out.

Thanks user.

What's the next guide after the DSiware downgrade? Is it 3ds.guide/9.2.0-downgrade? Don't I have to downgrade to 10.4 or something first?

Will it work after hacked system transfer onto a different 3ds? I just want to keep everything after hacking my hhd-bundle n3ds.

OFFICIAL SuMo ANCHOR POST

ANY SuMo RELATED QUESTION SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THIS POST TO RECEIVE EXCELLENT ANSWERS ABOUT THIS ART OF WRESTLING

It's linked at the bottom.

So I've got hbmenu running through ninjhax on my 11.0.0 n3ds but the httpwn in the starter.zip gets errors after it starts to download the required config files, so I can't access the eshop to get Exidia. Is there something stupid I probably have done or should I just try again later?

Anybody?

just pull it with JKSM and inject it with JKSM

Anybody got a Pokemon Sun save thats after the second island or at least around where the professor wants to meet you on route 8 or some shit.

JKSM has two options when you select a game, export save and import save. Export save exports the save to your SD card in a folder you named. Import save imports the save from your sd card though it has to be in the same folder as where the exports go. That's usually something like JKSV/saves/(game name)/(folder name)
Can't spoon feed you any more than this.
Protip when making save backups by exporting. If you type 2 it should auto complete it with the date and time

Is it possible to run Wiiware and Virtual Console wads on Wii directly from USB?

I believe that's what NAND emulation (SNEEK/UNEEK) is for.

So this probably isn't the right place to ask, but which size screwdriver do I need to unscrew the backplate of a n3ds? (why the fuck do I need to even do this nintendo)
I've heard size 0, size 00 and even size 000

Do I still have to compile from the source?

Dunno, never used it.

0.9mm works for me.

To prevent children like you fucking with big bro's data.
Google it.

Where would I look for VC injects? 3dsiso got nuked.

Anyone? I just need an Acekard 2i or a Wood R4

I use a PH00

I think some shit is there. You can make them yourself.

>Google it.
I wouldn't be asking here if I got a clear answer from Google.
Nintendo recommends a size #0, but I've seen people say that's bullshit and to use size #00 or size #000.

Is it possible to downgrade from 4.8 OFW to 3.55 OFW? Google gives some shady results.

nds-card
Watch out for the chinese bogeyman. I hear they like to fuck with ameridumbs like us.

Only with the right hardware.

Simply put, 0 may wear the screws out if you remove them too often. 000 is too small. 00 is kind of middle ground. But otherwise, all 3 of them fit.

Then just go to the store and bring your n3ds with you. Use the loose ones on display and buy the one that fits.
If you're so much of a manchild you can't figure out how to work with daddy's tools, then I guess you need to join the rest of them on his belt.

So did people have to end up downloading pokemon again to avoid getting banned or is it safe to use the old leak?

Using the leaks are safe. People who got banned are the retarded ones who got online before launch.

JIBUN WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who knows!

The old leak was fine, they can't tell. They just banned any retard that went online.

Some people still deleted it and redownloaded through freeshop/ciangel because they're paranoid.

Based nigga lurantis weeding out the retards.

no

still waiting for a true coldboot method

I am trying to hack my new 3ds with a 03ds luma using system transfer with this guide 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade . I am close to finished and I am waiting on the system transfer now after I finish this guide do i just pick up on 3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)?

Will gba cias work with luma and A9LH?

yep

That china shipping is slow yo

>- Put CFW Booter in SD:\wiiu\apps

What the fuck is CFW booter and where can I get it?

STEINS

Do I perform a system format before downgrading to 9.2 if I have dsiware?

wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/cfwbooter

also i did the smaller sd card transfer should i have used the full transfer?

HELP
I PUT MY SD CARD IN THE WII U DISC DRIVE AND I CAN'T GET IT OUT

What is sumo wrestling about?

CHOICE

EL

Just turn on your Wii U. The laser will read the data off the SD card.

rate my OC

There's a section linked at the bottom of the dsiware-downgrade. I'm not sure how so many people miss it

yes
it doesnt matter

thanks I appreciate it I was worried that this wasn't going to work and I was going to have to wait a week before I could try again.

fixed

trying to run Decrypt9WIP through homebrew but it won't come on
it just enters a loading screen and then kicks me back to homebrew

restart system and keep trying. if it doesnt work after multiple tries you have a partial downgrade

one more question actually. the guide for the NFIRM downgrade says this at the bottom. "the target 3DS’s version number will not have changed in the settings."

I did the light transfer which means that steel diver is not coming over from my o3ds right? If I have to use browserhax to launch the homebrew menu which ropbin version should I download?

The new3ds is still on 11.0.2-35u should I just download the 10.4.0-? ropbin anyway and use that? Also what number should I put at the end of 10.4.0-?.

guys i think i might sell my ps3 super slim since it cant be hacked. should i sell it and what ps3 can be hack?

>I did the light transfer which means that steel diver is not coming over from my o3ds right?
no idea ive never done the light transfer before