tons of shit, check RSI

>Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=3rcWkqliP6A&t=0s
>RTV:
youtube.com/watch?v=nnPrz48kB78
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=DhJ_mqKHywQ
>Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview
>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Marine Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCK-E5AopVI
cdn2.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/192/446/large/ken-fairclough-crusader-commercialplatform-callouts1.jpg?1458502074
robertsspaceindustries.com/media/euqv598fhsmx6r/source/Crusader-General-View_High.jpg
robertsspaceindustries.com/media/dvivvxie8a17er/source/Crusader_Orison_20161031_progress.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=vTqFyYg46-Y
twitter.com/banditloaf/status/802929819147083776?lang=en
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5f4zc3/ben_lesnick_on_twitter_super_hornet_to_get_a_boost/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MISC is best brand.

First for goons leave.

>features that exist now are barely functional
>no professions are fleshed out
Delay to 2018 here we come

Dat Emp

the scam never ends

More Dragonfly tier ships when?

>leaving 2018 as bait like anyone here thinks it will be out in 2017

I have lots of Dragonfly > Argo, and Argo > Dragonfly CCUs. I figured they are both cool ships and I'd like to try them both. The Argo will have a repair arm, and does the same thing the Dragonfly does, so it will be more useful in the PU. But space motorbikes are so cool. A jump drive would be great, but I understand why they don't have one.

The only difference is that you've been watching the pot the whole time instead of being unaware that it existed. You would usually be finding out that Star Citizen exists right about now.

This is the most ambitious game ever, bar none and its production is flying in relative terms, while setting new bars in nearly every field it touches. It does not need to be cut back or trimmed down to release sooner, its already funded, there is no holiday release target to make, you need to be more patient.

If you cant wrap your head around that simple idea then please refund your pledges and fuck off until general release. This sort of whining gaining traction in the minds of devs is literally the only thing that could make SC into a shitty game. Better to get a good game eventually that a half assed shit one now.

>This is the most ambitious game ever
Until Star Citizen 2 in 2020 when funding runs out

First for this amazing and totally original idea.
Kill a pirate, get rare crate drop, buy key from store, funding at $200m by chrismas!

Probably not for a while, but I really want to see this become a thing.

>SC has been in working development for 4 years

but i guess it saying 2.5 years wouldnt preve the point any less. not like the info in this image is actually reaching the people who are gonna deny facts and bring up decade old games as references

>star citizen will definitely have lockboxes!
t. goon

That is part of the problem, we were made aware of it too early. Normally at this point we'd have a handful of screenshots in a magazine or gaming site article that most people would skip over or just think it's neat and move on.

Instead we're made fully aware of each development stage and just how long modern game making takes. Because of this, Roberts has to throw fistfulls of money to keep the game in the public eye or they'll have forgotten it by the time its ready while fighting off the growing crowd of entitled "we want it now" gamers that are being used to only having a year or so between announcement and release.

>>People expecting EVE:Game edition are silly though
>Thats the vast majority of SC supporters right now so thats why im expecting a lot of disappointed people once they realize its never going to happen.
I call bullshit on that.
Nobody who did a 2 minutes search expect a EVE:Online, I would dare say it's the opposite. We pledge for Star Citizen because it's a game that don't try to impress us with meaningless number "biggest" "quadrizillion planet" "infinite" "thousand of player at once". It impress us with its gameplay potential.

An Idris isn't big by standard metric, yet I'd sell any Titan in Eve online to play a combat between an Idris and a Vanduul capital ship

for comparison this is an "epic" fight in Eve online :
youtube.com/watch?v=RCK-E5AopVI

god damnit if that's a male i may need to take a long internet break

*zip* deed is done regardless

>That one faggot that joins the race in an Idris

>I call bullshit on that.
Feel free to go to the forums and look how mindless people are in thinking SC will have all the features of EvE but with pilot-able ships. Thats literally the common conception of SC.

>When the funding runs out
Four years later and theyre still bringing in two million dollars a month, this sale raked in cash and the only actual new ships is a weedy ass overpriced ayylmao mobile that very few people actually bought.
They sold Dozens of 1300 and 2700 shekel caps ships all for new cash.
The funding is stable.
And and fucking fuck you in the ass with a fucking rusty wire brush for even meme suggesting something like that.

who owns a /bestship/ here

>u-boat wolfpack huntan
>das bootan
>capital shenaniganan
>chock full of lethal ship dildos
>RSI a e s t h e t i c
>fast as fuck for how thicc she is
>can shit out a small fighter to fuck with you
>can shit out s3 counterfighter missiles to fuck you
>goddamn bajillion turrets to further tickle your taint
>brig
>medbay
>dope pool table, will get you pussy.
>fantastic org platform, multiple hulls will scale nicely
>command deck and view of space fit for a UEE senator, politely invites things to simply try and smash into it through the overlapping turret arcs
>low low price of $750 for a fully armed military grade subcapital ship with LTI for permafun

god is great, hail mankind.

After I shoot your fat ass down I'll be sure to livestream exploring your wreckage for a few hours.

>implying you own a Titan in EVE
building a titan requires triple as much players then maintaining any ship in SC

ALLOW GUEST BROWSING YOU CUNTS

Reportan.

>
>Going from coop to MMO must be like 5% of the code, they wouldn't produce the game any faster without it, but we would lose a lot

I think the difference between co-op missions like s42 and a fully-fledged MMO is much, much bigger than that. There are systems like the dynamic economy, mission generation, and dynamic player numbers in a location to deal with.

Unless you meant co-op as in SC, not S42. I can kinda see that.

>small mobile ship flies behind you
>you spend forever trying to face it while it destroys your engines
Beepbooppop big ships are crappy

No, we weren't made aware early negro. It would not exist if it wasn't being sold exactly as it is. In 2012 they had literally no funding, no chance of getting funded traditionally and no brand recognition other than Chris's name.

This exact course of development was the only way it was gonna happen, people just need to fucking use their heads a little bit and understand that they dont have the toy yet because they did an actual pre-production order for a product, not a typical vidya "Pre-order" which is just "its already finished but pay us before the reviewers have a chance to shitcan our product because it is half assed and terrible.

You don't have the toy yet because the toy is still being designed and built. It' taking longer because the toy got more pre order than planned allowing them to make a better toy. Rejoice goyim, you are getting more than you paid for becasue you paid a legitimately autistic nerd who wants to make the best fucking game he can not a MBA having shekeljew who just want to make a quick profit.

Fuck sake if the funding runs out it means they didn't make any profit or hoard a "flee the country" fund and spent literally every penny on dev, how is that a bad thing?

>That picture
Thingsthatwillneverhappen.jpg

>Low low price of $750
Pleb didn't even get a Unique sequential presale hull.
AND mine was only $625. :^)))))

>a ship that mobile posing much of a threat to a proper, full human/AI hybrid crew polaris that will be constantly trying to expose you to multiple turret arcs and probably even be well-supported by a couple other vessels that it itself can rearm, repair, and refuel if they're of sufficiently small dimensions

that rear turret might end up fully automated, too; the vessel shitting out a fighter to try and deal with you notwithstanding

these are supposed to be unwise to give chase to

:3

Dis entire game will never happen
My insider sources heavily indicate there will be not one advancement from this point

>Fuck sake if the funding runs out it means they didn't make any profit or hoard a "flee the country" fund and spent literally every penny on dev, how is that a bad thing?

At the very least they've employed 300+ people for 4+ years. That's nice.. i guess..

Secret message made me chuckle.

>implying it will stand up to close to equal credit cost in fighters

1v1 is meaningless when it takes multiple crew to fly anyways

>Small mobile ships gets behind you.

>Stomp the retros and splatter him on your big fat ass like a bug.
>Turn him into space conffetti with the 4xS4 or 8xS3 you have for direct ass turret coverage.
>Ripple off a couple of the THREE DOZEN S3 missiles you have on fully turreted racks.
>Decouple and spin, pointing all the forward Dakka at him.
>Sick your pet superhornet on him.
>Chuckle heartily while a ship which, being small and fast enough to hide in blind spots is also too small to cause more than trivial drain to your shields, puts forth a futile effort to make Polaris-tan notice him.
>Fly in a straight line at 1/3 Impulse, have your contingent of marines suit up grab personal railguns and magboot out onto the hull, having a grand game of pin the rail on the pilot while safely nestled inside the shield of a capital ship.

Should I go on?

There's been no advancement, there never has been, all the demo videos are just some fallout 4 mod Roberts threw together while he was using everyones money to drive Derek smart out of the gaming industry

>will be constantly trying to expose you to multiple turret arcs
>and will fail, because its not as mobile as a smaller ship
Fact is this; SC is going to be dominated by one meta which is number of ships > number of pilots

A group of shitty cheap ships with little to no cost of losing are going to be far more cost effective than these bigger expensive ships because in all the time it takes you to prep your ship and use it effectively a bunch of faggots in smaller ships can swarm you multiple times.

gib big dicc shipp

Not that user but you're hilariously delusional if you think you're going to be manouverable enough to do any kind of decoupled shit like that.

The meta will probably end up involving people moving in big carrier groups, with one or two carrier types, some large support ships with heavy turret coverage and a fuckton of fighters.

>>Stomp the retros and splatter him on your big fat ass like a bug.
>>Turn him into space conffetti with the 4xS4 or 8xS3 you have for direct ass turret coverage.
>>Ripple off a couple of the THREE DOZEN S3 missiles you have on fully turreted racks.
>>Decouple and spin, pointing all the forward Dakka at him.
All worthless because smaller ships are more maneuverable, oh good you blew up 3 of the fleet of 10 and 7 are now on your ass and you can do nothing to get off
>>Sick your pet superhornet on him.
Dead the moment it left the hold
>>Fly in a straight line at 1/3 Impulse, have your contingent of marines suit up grab personal railguns and magboot out onto the hull, having a grand game of pin the rail on the pilot while safely nestled inside the shield of a capital ship.
>shield
Went down before your guys could even get out, who couldnt deal any damage to the ships anyway because they are lagging the fuck out, clipping through walls and generally being buggy as shit

Please do go on until you find a viable reason why a fleet of worthless ships will ever somehow be less effective than your expensive as fuck but totally outclassed bigger ships. The only exception would be capitals that have so much overwhelming firepower and fleets they are basically their own worthless ship spam anyway.

Found the goon

>The meta will probably end up involving people moving in big carrier groups
Unlikely because small instancing

When you have mutliple available fire arcs, decoupling and getting one of em on target while coasting off axis wont be that hard. YOu wont likely get the nose turret on target, but the wait guns, missile racks and top turrets between them will almost certainly get a look, then its just up to the gunners.

good shit

cdn2.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/192/446/large/ken-fairclough-crusader-commercialplatform-callouts1.jpg?1458502074

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/euqv598fhsmx6r/source/Crusader-General-View_High.jpg

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/dvivvxie8a17er/source/Crusader_Orison_20161031_progress.jpg

good eye

Nigga I dont WANT this to be the fact, I wish SC was basically just bigger ships against bigger ships with a focus on crews v crews and longer drawn out fights

But you cant deny the fact that everything in the game right now and what we know of the future is showing cheap shit swarms > everything else

Don't tell me SC will have the same bullshit instancing that Elite does

LELELLELE XDDD AURORRA SPAAAAAM

I don't think that at all.

Goon was referring to you thinking the end game will have people phasing through walls and shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTqFyYg46-Y

>Teleports behind you
>Slices your skull in half with my space katana, your captains hat sailing through the air
>Lands perfectly on my head, making me the captain as I sit down
>"Navigation, all power to engines, quantum to these co-ordinates"
>"B-but sir!"
>"JUST DO IIIIIIT"
>Ship accelerates into the nearest star as I am beamed out safely
>It was me all along, the unstoppable and always viable Combat Carrack
>"There's another lowly Polaris in this sector, Engage"

>A Polaris will be as manouverable as a Gladius
>2.5 flight model that won't exist a couple of weeks from now

oh I am laffin

It does

>Goon was referring to you thinking the end game will have people phasing through walls and shit.
It is extremely likely that crew firing from ships v fighter ships will be either impossible or entirely impracticable

>A polaris will be as maneuverable as a gladius

U wot m8? I just posted a video.

wew lad that's a light fighter

>It is extremely likely that crew firing from ships v fighter ships will be either impossible or entirely impracticable

Impractical, sure. But the whole basis of the game is that its possible.

In response to a comment where I said you would be delusional to think a Polaris would be manouverable decoupled..

dont bring ps2 into this you faggot

You're responding to the wrong user. I just posted a video

In which you fucking quoted me, how is this difficult for you to understand

>he didn't use his ESF as a hyper mobile hovering attack buggy

Yes, what's your fucking point? I posted a video showing what you can do with decoupled mode. Stop sperging, autist-kun.

You posted that video replying to a post which was about the manoeuvrability of the Polaris in decoupled mode, making it seem like you were offering it as some kind of counterexample.

In a gladius, when the subject was about a Polaris doing it

fucks sake you illiterate

I read decoupled mode and didn't read the rest because I wasn't interested in the autistic argument. As you can see, I triggered the autist

fuck off back to your own general/somewhere else pls

planetside is not even a space game

>Derek thinks this is Sandi's alt
>Haha, Derek is so stupid
>She literally posts as if it was Sandi behind an alt

Really makes you think...

:^) literally right now.

Its not but Star citizen will probably be the only other game that offers the same scale of gameplay in actual first person.

>hurr i didn't read the post it was inn reply to and failed at contextual analysis XD ur all autitsts lel triggered :^^^^^^^^)

haha lel penis

>He's literally sperging out

Calm down autist and go back to arguing with your friend about the polaris or whatever it is you were arguing about

u ok commandos?

haha lel penis

How long is the sale going on for?

>the great dilemma on what ship to have your LTI on
I have a buccaneer, I hope to god it isn't a super cheap ship when it comes out or else im totally bucced

No ejection seat

what do you think

>rockets

Impure

>a ship finally has something resembling a computerized viewscreen
>it's on a fucking alien craft
>it's on a dirty fucking tevarin ship at that
>when questioned on it CR confirms it's just a handwave'd one-way viewpanel without a terrible lot to it, not explicitly digitized or jack shit

kill me

ps2 pls go

twitter.com/banditloaf/status/802929819147083776?lang=en

wow nice meltdown

Will they sell the Polaris again?

Yeah but now the floodgates are open

Speaking of viewscreens...

Thats probably because of its a Drake ship though and it doesnt fit 'the character profile' of functional simplistic ass Russian ship

Just based on its stats it looks like a very glass cannon ship, it has as a lot more firepower than you would expect from that size while being fairly fast. So its the type of ship you always go balls deep on and either you unleash such a level of hell the enemy dies or you crash and burn which is why I thought putting the LTI on it would make sense since you'll probably be losing a lot of them.

Or at least thats my logic which i hope is right...

>Speaking of viewscreens...

>yfw Russian attack helicopters have ejection seats when Apaches don't

The "cheap Russian shit" meme is just that, a meme. Removing basic features for no reason isn't an aesthetic.

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5f4zc3/ben_lesnick_on_twitter_super_hornet_to_get_a_boost/

Apparently fatfuckben just said the super hornet is getting a price increase. Which makes me think the avenger gladius and sabre are also getting increases as well.

Should I upgrade this LTI 85x to something before the sale ends in an hour, entirely for the value? I have 55$ in credits

>Removing basic features for no reason isn't an aesthetic.
Tell Chris that

Well I have the buccer already so i guess ill stick with it

Almost like everyhing is getting that treatment and has been for years user...

I go hard.
If you're gonna be a faggoty air nigger, best to be the niggest.
>Commenting the rockets.
Not commenting the double thermal optics and and Radar.NO ESCAPE

no reason not to, if you have 55 dollars in credit its not like you'd be losing anything, plus you'd gain a ship with LTI that can be upgraded to other ships

Bretty much everything will be improved and the price will go up because they've learned to not be so retarded when it comes to ship design (from a functional point of view)

Just buy an upgrade but then don't apply it if you aren't particularly attached to anything
Then you can melt if something you really want to upgrade to comes around

>muh view freelancer fag

pls go

yes, with a markup from its previous pricetag, no LTI.

Not like the LTI part matters with all the tokens they throw out

What do we think about the Gladiator?