He hasn't removed the pigfat airbags from his car!

>he hasn't removed the pigfat airbags from his car!
>he doesn't realize his airbags and seatbelt actually increase his chance of dying in most scenarios!!
>he got rid of his wedge because he felt hitting a pedestrian would be "too uncomfortable for them"!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d7iYZPp2zYY
youtube.com/watch?v=6RpuZxv8orw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he doesn't realize his airbags and seatbelt actually increase his chance of dying in most scenarios
[citation needed]

The trick to good trolling is say things that are at least believable. Fake lap times are good but this is just sloppy.

Report and hide laughinggirls threads regardless of subject matter

Airbags are designed for unbelted occupants.
There's a reason race cars don't have air bags in them, all they do is punch you in the face in the event of a crash.

[Citation still needed]

>t. airbag lobbyist

T. Brosifine

Enjoy crashing while wearing your seat belt, having the airbag daze you and break your nose, if you're wearing glasses there's real potential to blind you. Then when your car catches fire and you can't get out in your dazed state with locked seat belts you'll burn to death.
Sounds ideal.

When if you were just wearing your seatbelt and had no air bags you'd just get a bruise on your chest and get out.

I'm highly against compulsory seatbelt usage tho.

Ethan_acts_retarded_again.jpeg

>There's a reason race cars don't have air bags in them
six point harness and HANS device

and they wear fucking helmets

Buy an air bag, set it face down on the ground then set it off.
Tell me you want that less than 2 feet from your face, for no reason. Because your head is not coming into contact with the steering wheel if you're wearing your seatbelt.
Getting out of a seatbelt after a crash is much harder than you would think. Seatbelts have something called a pretensioner, which is a a bit of explosive that when set off takes up slack and locks the belt.
If you're hurt or dazed it can be very hard to get out. Enjoy dying for your senseless love of airbags, whos requirement was solely as a measure against unbelted occupants.

Helmets are for side to side, not front to back.

Just because a 6 point is "ideal" doesn't mean it's a requirement. And Hans is only required because of a harness. 3 point with pretensioners is beyond plenty in any appropriately designed car and any likely speed in most any road car. There's also a reason that harnesses are illegal on the road.

>are for side to side
you mean like side impact airbags

youtu.be/d7iYZPp2zYY

Just gonna put this here

Ethan you're retarded and I hope you smack your head on your windshield today

What you showed was a curtain airbag.
A side air bag is less damaging than the standard driver and passenger airbags are, but still retarded.
Curtain airbags work on the principal and cushioning a blow against a surface with give, that's entirely different.
The only real problem with curtain airbags is the visual obstruction in the event of a crash.

You realize the airbag fully inflates before your face even gets close to the airbag?

>A dummy with no muscles or reaction
Cool video bro. Now watch as I drop a bag of four into a treadmil in reverse and see it get torn apart as it reaches the end.
Must mean the same will happen to a toddler.

That video also showcases the exact reason airbags are senseless with a seatbelt.
That may have looked soft in slow motion, but that impact on the occupant face is not soft.
Without it, even with a limp dick, the face came no where near the steering wheel. All the airbag did was cause unnecessary damage and confusion.

I didn't say in this thread
>hurr durr seadbeld r da devil
I said they shouldn't be compulsory.

[Still waiting for a Citation]

When you hit a wall at 35 mph your muscles arent going to do shit

Also I'd rather hit my face on a hard bag than my teeth on my steering wheel

Also if you dont wear a seatbelt your knees smack into the dash/steering column. Airbags are designed to be used in conjunction with seatbelts. That's why it's called SUPPLEMENTAL restraint system.

You see, this is why we shouldn't allow retards internet access.

You have to admit, he has a point.

>The modifications, which enable automakers to reduce the inflation power of frontal airbags in many vehicles, were believed to be necessary because of the deaths that had been caused by inflating airbags in low-speed crashes. Reducing the inflation forces was expected to reduce these risks.
From the NHTSA. Airbag forces were reduced to lower the risk of death caused by them.

If you're wearing your seatbelt, your face will not hit the steering wheel. That's the entire point.
That's why airbags were designed for unbelted occupants, because without belt, your face can touch the steering wheel.
You've also clearly never been in an accident, if you think that your reaction doesn't change anything.

Cars have also been designed around the steering column to hold you in position if you're unbelted.

Also nomenclature that came about decades after the invention and implementation of a device has nothing to do with its intended purpose.
Airbags in their development and usage were always criticized for causing injury to passengers. They were only cemented as a safety item because of their usefulness to unbelted occupants.
Today standard in dash and in wheel airbags are not only still useless to belted occupants, they're still dangerous to them too.
Airbags are also extremely dangerous for kids and the elderly.

Basically. Air bags are loud and scary and can hurt you, but if used properly they can reduce your injury significantly the majority of time

>it would be better to be thrown clear of the crash

youtube.com/watch?v=6RpuZxv8orw

Car manufacturers should all love airbags. The cost of airbag replacement is what causes many used cars to be "totaled" thus removing that used car from the pool of cars. The driver is then forced to buy another car which eventually increases the marketplace pressure for users to purchase new cars.

Having airbags detonate and remove used cars from circulation is a good thing for car sales.