What does Veeky Forums think of SUV coupes?

What does Veeky Forums think of SUV coupes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5UwOBKSHl-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pointless shit. As is your thread.

not coupes

A stupid fucking idea. Too tall and heavy to be sporty, and no rear headroom/trunk space.

They are

beyond retarded

The designation has been slapped on these things, but they're not coupes.

do you even know what a coupé is?

THEY ARE COOPES

Why, because the manufacturer says so?

get smarter, kiddo

The design looks great and comfy.

They outdid themselves by making it look worse.

>A coupé (/coo-pay/, or US coupe, /coop/) (from the French past participle coupé, of the infinitive couper, to cut) is a closed ***two-door*** car body style with a permanently attached fixed roof, that is shorter than a sedan of the same model, and it often has seating for two persons or with a tight-spaced rear seat. The precise definition of the term varies between manufacturers and over time. The term was first applied to 19th-century carriages, where the rear-facing seats had been eliminated, or cut out.

It looks like someone photoshopped this to make it look horrible.
Are they really releasing this? What was wrong with the Panamera?

Comfy, yes. Great? No.
Get an X5.

>Comfy, yes. Great? No.
>Get an X5.
Don't get me wrong. I would never buy one if I had $70,000 to spend on a suv. Because they are terrible off-road so they are pointless vehicles. Reminds me of the time Jeremy Clarkson tried to drive an X6 up a soggy hill.

youtube.com/watch?v=5UwOBKSHl-c

People are better off getting a mini-van today. Minivans have come a long way since the days of the Caravan. But to answer my earlier question what would I get if I had money to spend? Well, I would buy a Defender.

ITT another thread where retards think coupe means two doors and sedan means four doors

Nice cherry pick

You're right they're not very good off road (from a person who owns an X3 and dedicated work offroader). However, X3s are chickmagnets (even if they're gay as shit) with their comfy interior and the 8 gears with seamless suspension. X5s would be pretty fun to dribe and has the benefit of being an actual SUV (available in manual, too!) instead of whatever the X3 wants to be.
Should've just fronted the extra $10 000 for an X5... I would, however, never dribe an X1 or X6 even if it had the "M" bullshit on it.

The Porsche Cayenne is a great offroader. That's probably my dream car, actually. I even know a person who would do cheap skirts and bumpers to make it less prone to dents. Apparently the new Bently crosscucc is also a fantastic offroader with actual dedicated sensors and everything.
the higher end apparently puts a decent amount into offroading technology despite only 0.1% of the people who buy them would ever offroad with them.

Brah ...

ITT another retard that falls for marketing

A 2-door X5 would be acceptable

Reminds me how AMG calls 4 door Sport Estates "Shooting Brakes"

Oh fuck that would be actually very smexy. Long bodied, 4 seater 2-door X5.

But the problem is that X5s are modified to include the "limo" aesthetic where the back seats are more comfortable than the fronts. They're bulletproofed, beefed up, and armoured to sell to people like Druglords and Vladimir Putin + entourage.

You would probably (if you have under $200 000 to spend) never get a driver centered X5 or similar due to improved demand. X3 and X6 has a more driber centred experience