What do you keep in your car for daily use and for emergency use?

Other urls found in this thread:

wilko.com/car-accessories/ei-home-fire-extinguisher-bc-powder-red-600g/invt/0336914
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

full size spare, bottle jack, battery charger, booster cables, fuses, hair drier, jerry can, sheathing tape, tire gauge, wrench, flare, straps, flashlight, liter of water in a glass jar, -10 c sleeping bag, super long extention cord, matches, old cellphone, wood stake, paper, pencil, pen, $20 bill, cliff bars, candies, dog food, book or magazine, socks, waterproof heavy boots, sunglasses, hat,

that's all i can think of

Small set of tools, first aid and snacks for the kids. It's nice not to drive a shitbox

>What do you keep in your car for daily use and for emergency use?
Look up the previous archived threads on this.

You didn't even list what you keep in your car.

first aid kit, fire extinguisher, refloctors, space saver spare, scissor jack, ramp stop, tyre pressure gauge(s), jump start cables, flashlight, washer fluid, towels, quart of engine oil, quart of transmission oil, water, coolant, assorted bulbs, silicone spray, brake cleaner, wd40, voltmeter & interior temp gauge in lighter socket, umbrella.

I'll get rid of most..

I keep my tools in my car, might be a bad idea if someone steals them.

Xanax and vyvanse.

Armscor 38 Revolver (S&W Mod 10 Clone)
100 rounds of 38spl 50 FMJ 50 Assorted HP
Orion Flare Gun with 20 red flares
5 road flares
-10 Sleeping Bag
2 Sets of spare clothes with heavy jacket and warm socks
10 days of survival rations, those orange foil wrapped ones
Booster Pack
Gas Can
Jack and Patch kit (have full size spare)
Tow straps,
1K lumen flashlight and 3 spare 18650s (batteries rotated regularly)
Basic costco car tools kit
2 quarts of oil
Epoxy and other patch shit (has saved my ass before)
I have more shit, but I really don't want to sift thru my kit, there is also usually a go-bag too.
oh and 300 dollars in small bills

I tow my parts car everywhere I go just in case.

Nothing. no tools. No jack. No spare tyre.

I do keep a roll of toilet paper on case i need an emergency shit. Been driving for 20 years and never needed a fuckin spare tyre unless travelling down the highway.

every bit of extra shit in your car adds weight and lowers the power/weight ratio.

>wooden stake

Whats the wooden stake for cunt? Fuckin vampires?

Do you live in Alaska or something?

>Just got a new car.
>What are some things you guys keep in your car that's not a first aid kit.

Rubber floor mats because easy to vacuum or spray clean & can't hold mold/germs like carpets do.

TRUNK:
Rubber trunk floor mat
OEM cargo net

TRUNK ORGANIZER CONTAINER: manual air pump, turtle wax ICE detailer, windex, bounty papertowels, blue shop towel roll, car duster, full first aid kit box (can float too), touch up paint, 3x 39gal trash bags, 3x 13gal white trash bags, 4x microfiber towels, full fuse kit, 3 bungee cords, generic toolset).
OEM tire leak sealant, oem 12v compressor.
Cardboard boxes.
Duct Tape.
Zip Ties (8",4")

INTERIOR (rear passenger footwell):
Small trashcan with liner bag.
Dash camera 1080p.
2x 16oz bottled water
Fancy organizer box: bounty roll, wet wipes package, low lint plush toilet paper roll (blow nose), 2x microfiber, one waffleweave microfiber).
State, City, & bike/hiking trail maps

INTERIOR (glove compartment):
red mesh zip pouch: driver manual, registration,license platephoto,insurance card).
blue mesh zip pouch: (notepads,pens, pencil).
driving gloves, 120 lumen LED flashlight

CONSOLE:
800 lumen LED flashlight
mileage record book
misc.

HIDDEN:
Spare wallet $200 cash, variety bills.photocopy driver license.
Container $7 coins (quarters, dimes, nickels).
Swiss army knife.
Paper with various HOA gate codes, phonenumbers in case i forget or lose cell,AAA member number & phone #.

NOTES:
Hefty trash bag good for impromptu park meeting or picnic takeout, and if you poke hole for head, it is pseudo raincoat too. I have always had a small trash container by habit since my home state had a trashbag/container law for all cars due to everyone tossing trash on hiways. I use wipes a lot for face oil or dirty hands. Plush toilet paper is my favorite for blowing nose and I use the low-lint Members Mark brand from Sam's Club since they are 4.25 x 4 inch sheets and not tiny soakthru sheets of other brands.

Still wondering about gas can.

I keep a knife in my trunk in case I am forced into it

I do contract shit that takes me out into ND, SD, CO, MT, WY etc... I used to fly on the companies dime but the workload has gotten to the point that it was cheaper to have them take over paying for my car and maintenence so I could haul my gear instead of having them overnight me special nuts and bolts. It actually is faster when you can carry your own shit.
That and they don't cheap out on repairs, flat tire, burned out brakes, wheel bearing gone bad, just charge it to em.
I have a flexible travel schedule with flexible paid "vacations" and per diem between jobs. 2 more years of this and I will take over as project manager, get to sit in an office 40 hours a week.

And some coconut oil

just what comes with my car from the factory

if i lived somewhere where it snowed maybe i'd add a tow strap in case i got stuck and needed to be pulled out, but i don't

bunch of ratchet straps, tie downs, bungee cords and misc rope.
booster cables.
20x20' tarp.
tow rope.
Tool box.
blanket.
flashlight.

A 30 cal ammo box of generic off-brand tools for small repairs and fuses and wire and a battery soldering iron if shit really decides to hit the fan.
Assorted Bulbs.
Some fuel and Vapor hoses.
Tape
Cable ties
An old Nokia 3310 for emergency calls or for killing large carnivorous animals.
Jump leads and wrench with the spare wheel in the engine bay.
The Original toolkit complete with dainty little inspection lamp and first aid kit with Savlon with an expiry date of 1992 for the sake of nostalgia.
A small powder fire extinguisher.
A very small hexi burner, enough fuel and matches tucked away with instant coffee inside a old Yugoslav mess tin.
A small tarp to suspend to create some sun or rain cover over the car and to lay down to prevent dirty loads such as logs or mopeds and stationary engines from getting oil everywhere when I transport them.
Some scary farm jack.
A small torch which compliments the inspection lamp I mentioned previously.
Takeaway menus from a 5 mile radius cos chubby cunt.
Imodium cos said takeaway food can be pretty bad at times.
Starting handle despite the fact its an injection engine.
Voltmeter.
£5 quid stashed somewhere, can't remember tho.
Some ratchet straps of dubious quality.
Various manuals and fix it yourself guides.
Some of those joke parking tickets.
And probably the most important, no joke.
Vaseline.
Vaseline is the best for sealing leaks in rubber, keeping car parts like rubber gaskets supple, stopping compressed air and vacuum leaks. Also if your lips are dry you can stop them from being dry with Vaseline. You can also wipe it on peoples car door handles. Vaseline can be used to waterproof electric connections. Unfortunately the only thing that Vaseline cannot do is repair my parents marriage.

>Toolbox with modest assortment of wrenches, screwdrivers, and sockets.
>a quart of 10W-30, spare drive belt, alternator belt, timing belt, misc spare relays (fuel pump, power steering, etc) and fuses, extra coolant
>jack, jacket, flashlight, bottled water, road flare

Probably used with the wrench or a hammer to knock his starter solenoid on one more time?

i use it to save snapping turtles, mostly

Similar stuff to that pic, plus a cold weather gear kit for winter should something crazy happen. I also have a tire pump/sealer kit. I have runflats but if you are in the middle of bumfuck nowhere they don't help ya.

Full size spare, jack, tire iron, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, flashlight, 300ml to 500ml of engine oil, paper towels.

>hair drier
>wood stake
>dog food

The fuck?

jumper cables, set of lamps, motor oil, antifreeze, water, rope, spare wheel, jack, wheel wrench, knife, large flathead screwdriver, some shitty multitool, torch, lighter, blanket.

mandatory: first aid kid, warning triangle.

socket driver sets are almost useless unless you also keep spare parts in your car.

spare, scissor jack, wheel chocks, one jack stand, old cheapo husky torque wrench, breaker bar, blanket that smells like dog, a mirror that had the glass replaced with a picture of my fursona, spare labtop, loaded M1A, orange triangle, VLC cone, spare gas in a bottle, dildo

Oil
Coolant
Water
Screenwash
Jump leads
Shovel in winter months
Sleeping bag in case I get stranded in winter
Rope
Factory scissor jack / spare wheel / tool kit
Food pump

Always have my phone and AA card with me, so I guess that too

I keep them for belt repair

a medical kit
a small jumpstarting battery i keep charged
id keep a knife in there and a lighter but i'm lazy

Some people also carry tools and items that are also helpful to other people if a good samaritan situation comes along.

Multitool
Flashlight
Notepad and pen
Tire pressure meter
Locking wrench
Packing and duct tape
Wire brush
Squeege and rag
Sunglasses
Sunshade (sunny all year where I live, the sun eats up dashes)
Cellphone charger
Fullsize spare, Jack, triangles, lug Cross thingy, etc.
Jumper cables (kinda wanna get a Jumpstarter/charger thingy)
Insurance as a contact in the phone, relevant data as the contact pic.

Not quite a bug out trunk but I live innacity anyway.
Towing, po-po and related types have a worrying number of thieving shits among them. Not sure how bad is it in Merica or Yurop.

these threads are fun, I do this every time.

"Worst possible objects to have in or on the car"

>twenty foot shift knob, sticking through moonroof that you have to have. Attached to end of knob is giant TV that has ricer tier messages about what gear you're in. Also have to have counterweight on front of car in case you go into reverse because then you have a giant TV that is almost outside horizontally where the car is
>portable telephone receiving calls from suicide hotline hooked into your stereo
>binary expanding foam, the type where you have two chemicals together that expand
>giant slinky / spring for seats
>mounting over 1000 air whistles on the outside so after you go past 40 it will start to hum all ranges at once

spare, Jack, jumper cables, and my longboard and longboarding gear. I also think there's a gamecube in there but I'm not sure

>toolbox
>shovel
>towel
> flashlight
>extra shoes

2.5 gallons water
blankets
canned food
can opener
few lighters
jump pack
jump cables
extra (empty) gas can
all my fishing stuff
extra prepaid cell phone with phone charger
extra jackets and winter clothes
basic hand tools and 1/2in set
electrical tape
2 jacks
wood plates for jacks

Is that in case of being stranded? If you normally only drive in regular inhabited and well-traveled areas, then stuff like that isn't necessary?

Jump leads
Leather bag with all my measuring equipment in
Blue roll
Bit of oil
Couple of hard hats
Blanket
Torch
GPS
Heavy duty hand wipes
Interior wipes
1/2" socket set
Ibuprofen
Bungee cords
Can't remember what else, but some other shit

I have a small one of these that neatly holds a small first aid kit, a small umbrella, small fire extinguisher, a picnic blanket and a 5L container of water.

If you have a fire extinguishers make sure it's a foaming one to tackle liquid flames. No point shooting co2 and powder at it.

c02 works on liquid

12" subwoover
misc hand tools
jug of 50/50 premix antifreeze
cheap ratchet straps
ice scraper/brush
pressure gage
couple quarts of rotella t6
jumper cables
welcome mat (no use, its just in my toolbox)
5 gallon bucket
fishing pole and tackle
spare key taped to wire harness under frame
archoil
deck of playing cards
parka
(spare tire and jack ect all stock with the truck)

the sleeping bag is a good idea.

>FIRE EXTINGUISHER

I used to carry a small 7 to 8 pound Kidde ABC fire extinguisher in the trunk. Not for my car catching on fire, but in case I saw an ongoing fire elsewhere. It uses dry chemical powder Monoammonium Phosphate.

Monoammonium Phosphate is acidic in nature. It's effective on "A" type ordinary organic combustible material, a molten residue (metaphosphoric acid) is formed. This residue coats the burning ember and excludes oxygen.

Monoammonium phosphate will not saponify and foam up when used on hot grease and will cause corrosion if not thoroughly removed from most surfaces. It generally damages connectors, wiring, circuit boards, and unsealed individual electronic parts.

Because it is likely to add damage to a car fire, I no longer carry a fire extinguisher. I don't want someone to sue me for damaging their car by trying to put the fire out. If I go to a cookout, of course I put it back in the trunk, but an extinguisher is not a normal carry item.

I still have a HALON 2.5# extinguisher at home for use on electronics fires. The EPA has banned them long ago so their cost is way up now. It's the only extinguisher that could be used in a car fire without lifting the hood (and feeding the fire air). Just spray forward into the grille area to get into the hood and snuff the fire.

Now that winter is here, I re-added to the trunk box a few plastic shopping bags and one of those expired credit cards. The bag serves as a disposable glove to keep my hand and forearm dry from the snow and a little bit warmer. The handles tie nicely on the coat jacket nub and doesn't slip down. I sweep the snow off the roof and windows with the bagged hand. The card is then used to scrape the ice off the windshield and free up the wiper blade area of ice which can damage the blade edges.

It's important to not have wiper blades slide across any rough spot such as ice. That damages the sharp rubber edge. Then you get those water streaks due to the blade damage.

If you're nervous about using an expired credit card because your info is on it, use one of those free plastic cards Comcast/XFINITY sends out in their advertisements. I actually open those spam mailings and save the fake plastic credit card in them. Thanx Comcast for sending me some free ice scrapers every year!

Wood, fuel, lots of rope, knife, gun

Trump is about to become president and I'm prepared to make America great again

Get your best survival car ready.

>Trump is about to become president
30 years after president hillary finished her 2nd term, america now has the voting majority of blacks and hispanics. Their votes trump the minority white vote. American cars are all imported from china by GM, Ford, and GeeleyFCA. The working population of 30% whites and 7% asians is taxed heavily in order to furnish social welfare to the 51% blacks and mexicans. Who are the slaves now? The rich live in their protected HOA cities safe from everyone that doesn't qualify to be a member.

Where is moot? He died trying to start up another freespeech chat site. BLM activists killed him saying that free speech was racist. All speech needed to be moderated for legal punishment under hate crime laws to prevent racism speech and racism politics.

>fishing pole and tackle
There's no where to use that stuff here in our rivers and lakes due to the fishing season laws. Whip out that pole and some white knight is going to record it and send it in to the fish and game department. The government or local police then churn the picture thru the computer picture database and identify me as fishing out of season.

I would like to carry a lot of recovery equipment and tools, but my HEEP can be stolen from easily. I considered getting someone to make some lock boxes to custom fit the bed area but I don't know. Usually if I'm trailing I bring excessive tools, fluids, and a couple spare parts. Tire repair kit, portable pump/tire infiltrator, and a bunch of maps of So-Cal. The essentials is what I strive to have on me, but my "kit" isn't complete, need to buy some bailing wire, fire extinguisher, better more durable lash lights, jerry cans for gas and water. Pretty much it.

And a high quality first aid kit

pair of shoes and some clothes, bottle of water.

>I considered getting someone to make some lock boxes to custom fit the bed area but I don't know.

That fails in my area because the homeless carry short pry bars and boltcutters in their backpacks. It's always suspicious to see them walking thru parking lots, but our police got sued for racial profiling, so they had to stop patrolling the lots. It got too expensive paying off racial discrimination lawsuits. So the homeless wander the parking lots at will and cannot be detained with the no loitering law because they keep moving or stay in no position longer than 14.99 minutes.

Condoms (for hot anal with a twink), tampons (for your fellow strong female and non-binary friends), and of course, a cardboard cutout of sexy Mr. Trudeau for you to smooch and crotch rub when you get tired of waiting for your trans waifu.

There are hardened bolt cutter resistant chains and padlocks.

Erm, never had a car fire, but isn't that kind of damage total loss anyway? When I was a kid xtinguishers were mandatory and it was usually a chemical dust thingy stowed in a bracket under the seat.

5x spare Black Ice® trees

They cut those and steal the bikes at the library. One electric bike was even stolen off the rack that is 15 feet from the front door.

Aside from the included factory jack and tool kit
>registration and proof of insurance
>chewing gum
>phone charger
>Smith & Wesson M&P .40 compact with two 10 round mags of hollow points

>(spare tire and jack ect all stock with the truck)
My new car didn't come with either a spare or jack. Just had a can of tire inflator goop and a 12 volt air compressor that is loud and annoying. It's actually both easier AND faster to use a hand pump to top off the air pressure than to unpack that air compressor and put it back in its weird cubby in the trunk.

I have my AAA card in my wallet. Never needed it.

Feels nice not being poor.

3-Day Bag with the usual suspects
- packable rain jacket
- sleeping bag
- IFAK
- extra layer of clothing during the colder months
- shit tickets
- sanitizer, soap and so-on
- cordage
- etc

Work Tools (LV shit):
- multimeter, toner, butt tet
- a myriad of bits, drivers, bit drivers, precision drivers, nut drivers, etc
- diags, lineman's, strippers, crimpers
- beanies, anchors, toggles, screws, solder, tape
- SAE & Metric socket set
- entirely too much other shit to list

Jack, jumper cables, tow rope, fire extinguisher, 20L erry can of gas frequently rotated, tire plug kit, few gallons of water, extra engine oil, scraps of various gauge wire from jobs, a big flattened-down cardboard box I can lay under the vehicle when working under it, pens, pencils, sharpies (standard and fine point), write-in-the-rain notepads, highway maps from home state and all adjacent states, sunglasses, safety glasses, yardwork gloves, mechanics gloves...

Reminds me I need road flares and to replace my emergency cash-stash.

>Rubber floor mats
>tfw truck too old for custom-fit weathertech
The local walmart had some really nice mats a while back with a high-lip to trap in all the dirt and mud and I didn't buy them. Haven't seen them since.

>falling for .40 short and weak
Carry a 10mm

Astroglide

>The local walmart had some really nice mats a while back with a high-lip to trap in all the dirt and mud

Those are still at Sam's Club in my area.

Not even a spare tire? Good for you, girlfriend

>I have my AAA card in my wallet. Never needed it.

A cellphone and AAA card removes a lot of the worry that creates reasons for having tools and parts in a car. The AAA card is fairly flexible in use as it is transferable with the member. Some members "abuse" the liberalness of the terms by claiming someone else's car (owned by a non-member) is what they are driving, thus giving that other car a free tow.

WEEEEEEEED

Everything needed to install my full size spare, jumper cables, ratchet straps, sleeping bag, work clothes, battery bank for phone, and a giant W flag I flew when the Cubs won the World Series

Jumper cables, a change of clothes, and a bit of oil

40pc ratchet set
12 volt powered tire inflator
Can of fix a flat
Jumper cables
Portable battery
1 quart oil

I carry a little bit of this and that

Photo is a bit old

Medical
>big backpack with pretty much everything for cuts, burns and minor broken bones. Might add a neckbrace or two

Rescue/emergency
>solid crowbar to pry open doors if possible
>fire extinguisher
Planning on getting a window breaker/seatbelt cutter tool
>three reflective vests
>a few thick wool blankets

Tools
>socket wrench set
>multimeter
>spanners
>crimping tool
>breaker bar & socket for the wheels
>a few screwdrivers, both phillips and flat
>standard small knife
>jumper cables with surge protection
Dont currently have a real jack with me, gotta test to see if my small jack goes high enough to do a roadside wheel change

Spare parts
>all kinds of fuses that the car takes
>cable connectors
>insulation tape

Loading/cargo/towing
>5 ton recovery strap, solid 9m
>1.5 ton tow rope, elastic 4m
>2 oversize ratcheting straps, 6m each
>2 smaller ratcheting straps, 2.5m each
>4 small straps with no ratcheting, 1.5m each

>Dont currently have a real jack with me, gotta test to see if my small jack goes high enough to do a roadside wheel change

If a car gets stuck in dirt, can a jack be used as a way to lift the car up a little bit to shove more dirt under the wheels to level the car up a bit before attempting to push or pull it out?

Its possible, but you'd have to struggle to find ground that is level enough to use the jack safely

>What do you keep in your car

Just in case I meet someone interesting.

Towels and condoms (ribbed for her pleasure)

the ribbing is for better traction in the mud

Damn white people are insecure and in denial.

Look at Cletus and Peggy Flyover with their deluxe winnebago getting 6 checks, one per kid.

Welfare is a cancer, but cancer spreads, it's not just one people.

In the boot of my car I keep a spare tire, 3L jerrycan topped up with 98RON, and a car jack + a small tool box which probbaly doesn't contain anything useful.

In the cabin I only carry things like tissues/paper rolls, a 32gb USB with music on it, and keep an axe under the seat.
In the glove box I keep spare cash and energy drinks or other consumables, like amphetamine or ephedrine, and snacks.

Went out to the car and rechecked what I had. Seems I also made some changes due to the winter season and added:

- Aquaphor ointment - for use on dry knuckles or chapped lips
- Breath Savers Peppermints with Neutrazyn (does keep working after the mint is gone)
- low profile (flush) smart charger (2 usb slots, 3.1A) by Adreama
- 10 foot charging cable in case using tablet/phone outside the car (also good for someone in the back seat)
- 2 folding umbrellas stored in door pockets
- bottle Regane Fuel System Cleaner with PEA detergent in case I ever get gas at a non-top tier station
- lint brush in glove compartment. It's not sticky tape, but uses angled brush bristles to pull lint off. Lint is removed from brush by simply rubbing in opposite direction using fingers.
- Febreze air freshener (Linen & Sky) set to minimum release rate with some holes taped shut to reduce release rate further. It's strong enough and I don't need the black ice full on type of shock treatment. I debated on using any air freshener since the car is always clean, but decided I like the light smell. Air freshener oils deposit on windows and need to be cleaned off.
- good quality air pressure gauge with needle stop/release (so far the TPMS are accurate, but I still like to cross check)
- one more microfiber towel in cabin since it's rainy season now. Rain-X Antifog works on the front windshield but is not for use on tinted windows. So more frequent wiping of condensation on tinted windows is needed.

I don't have camping or survival gear because I am always in the city. But if I was traveling, then what I have in the car would definitely change. If on a day trip, I'll have two thermos of coffee (one for going, one for coming back). If the trip is longer, I'd add a strip of "no doz" tablets in the glove compartment mesh bag. I just don't want to carry everything under the sun and add too much weight if I'm just DD.

yeah, Vaseline chap here. Forgot to add in my fire extinguisher. It being sitting there happily for so many years I completely forgot about it.
Link for impoverished Britbongs like myself:
wilko.com/car-accessories/ei-home-fire-extinguisher-bc-powder-red-600g/invt/0336914
Prolly couldn't put out my fucking cigarette but I guess if you swang it like a club it could cause some damage to cunts trying to steal my Vaseline.

Good jumper cables. Toolkit capable of nearly all repair and maintenance tasks. Bright LED headlamp and a Streamlight Stinger rechargeable flashlight. Military goretex jacket. Couple of factory screw jacks. GPS in case phone dies. Full sized spare. If towing trailer I bring a CO2 cylinder with a 200 psi fixed pressure regulator, hose, and tire servicing adapter. This can also run an impact wrench for short bursts on very stuck fasteners.

I don't like cars. I own trucks because cars are just decorations in the US and I don't need ass jewelry. For kinesthetic rush motorcycles shit all over cars, so bikes for fun and trucks for comfy transportation and bringing home more bikes.

Bbc dildo

Good jumper leads, a bottle of coolant, a bottle of water, a small tool box of basic tools, a multimeter, 12v wheel pump, a breaker bar, rags, gloves and a Jerry can.

Most of my tools DESU. My socket set, wrenches, pliers, wire cutters/strippers, jumper cables, air compressor, whatever I can reasonably assume will be needed when my car is around is in there. Nothing worse than improvising tools when you need them the most.

full size spare
tyre change kit
tools
empty jerry can
jumpers
trickle charger
rags
some oil
some coolant
small tarp

>What do you keep in your car for daily use and for emergency use?

Some of you people carry a lot of contingency stuff in the car. But I bet most of it goes unused year after year. Do people just carry these things on the hope that it will be used once every 10 years on the road?

>Jumper Cables
>Can of Ozium
>Empty Diet Coke Cans
>Empty Newport Boxes

All you need.

Forgot there's a can of bug spray under there too. I think that bug spray might have some sunscreen and UV protection too.

No

>snow shovel
>snow brush
>ice scraper
>tire chains
>soapy water in spray bottle
>headlight
>flashlight
>work gloves
>spare bulbs
>bottle of drinkable water
>jerry can & rubber tube
>lighter or box of matches

?

>snow shovel
I should probably carry one, didnt think of that
>snow brush
Forgot to mention that. Actually got myself a pretty sweet one; telescopic, large brush, ice scraper and has a squeegee on it aswell
>ice scraper
See above
>tire chains
No need for chains with the tires I'm rocking
Not sure what that would do
>headlight
Planning on one
>flashlight
My phone should do nicely if I have a headlight
>work gloves
Forgot to note. I always carry my helmet & gloves in the car
>spare bulbs
I keep a few, currently waiting on a proper "set" with all the bulbs in the car
>bottle of drinkable water
That shit would just freeze unless I brought a fresh one in every drive
>jerry can & rubber tube
Nah, I typically fill the car up before it reaches half tank
>lighter or box of matches
I have a lighter, but I should probably keep a real "storm lighter" as the standard ones do fuck-all at -20c or colder

>>soapy water in spray bottle
>Not sure what that would do
It will clean the tires so they will get much grippier when struggling going uphill/downhill

>>jerry can & rubber tube
>Nah, I typically fill the car up before it reaches half tank
What if you encounter someone who've ran dry?

More stuff:
>spray can with a very noticable color
>warning triangle(s)
>emergency food
>duct tape
>cellphone charger

Right now my trunk is holding

>backpack with an air pistol, zip ties, a few odd tools to cobble stuff together, welding PPE stuff, a Cree XML-T6 flashlight(garbage, don't buy one for any more than $8), a few bottles of water, and some electrical tape
>backpack with cloths in it, should probably just combine it with the other backpack
>two lawn chairs
>plastic basket holding a bunch of coolant and other fluids and a tire iron that's too big for the lug nuts on my car
>two big hoodies
>stolen no trespassing signs
>2.5 broken wheel covers
>a bag with some jumper cables and fuses and other useless junk no one ever uses when they find themselves in a roadside emergency
>snow brush
>steel toes unless I'm wearing them
>donut spare with scissor jack

Eventually I'll have some 100-200 piece tool set, an axe, and a Jerry can in there as well.

>being dependable on others
>waiting for them to arrive
>implying they're able to reach you everywhere

>It will clean the tires so they will get much grippier when struggling going uphill/downhill

Really? Well, with the fear of being branded a braggard; I run the worlds best winter tires on a 4WD HiLux that I'm gonna put 250kg of concrete in the back of. I think I'll have the traction

>jerry can & rubber tube
>What if you encounter someone who've ran dry?
Then its our version of AAA for them. There are limits to how much shit I'll carry "just incase"

>More stuff:
For marking the road? Hm, maybe - still, I hate the idea of carrying one of those in a car thats always shaking and rocking. Had enough of those explode on our snowmobiles
>warning triangle(s)
Legally required to have one inside the car at all times
>emergency food
I'm plenty fat, and I don't exactly drive in northern Murmansk
>duct tape
Thought I'd written that; carry a roll in the car at all times, although it doesn't do much during the colder days
>cellphone charger
Got one. Apple fags may not apply

Anyone have any good recommendations for containers or organizers?

1. "SOS" on ground
2. Walking thru unknown terrain due to car not working. Spray a locator dot on tree or rock in case backtrack needed.
3. See picture (but probably not what mightyBenz likes to see). In the usa, there are some obnoxious parkers who even steal cones or official barricades and then put them up in parking spots to reserve them or prevent someone from parking next to them. I know as I have encountered them in more than one state.

? for what purpose ?
Otherwise, this has a variety of containers and bags and even describes how they are used.

i have AAA

so nothing

>Unfortunately the only thing that Vaseline cannot do is repair my parents marriage
Trust me with enough vaseline and imagination i'm sure they can work thing out, if you know what i mean

You know, having that AAA card and a cellphone does give me a sort of smug happy feeling. The annual member fee is pretty low for both that peace of mind feeling and confidence that there is someone available to help in pretty much all the populated areas of the usa within 75 miles of any place of town size or larger.