CHEATER!!!!!! CONFESS!!!!!

jalopnik.com/america-figured-out-a-new-way-audi-cheated-on-emissions-1788630969

Cheating Audi owned by Cheating Volkswagon

As expected. One good cheat deserves another cheat.

WE

>buy more cars than any other nation
>drive more than any other nation
>drive bigger shitmobiles than any other nation
>apply lesser standards to your SUV and truck shitmobiles to keep your own car industry from collapsing
>LOOK AT THESE EVIL NAZIS THEY KEEP CHEATING, THEY'RE LITERALLY GASSING US RIGHT NOW WHILE WE'RE DRIVING AROUND IN OUR GMC BARGES BEING ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS

so

> vw sells car
> that can't pass an emissions test fair and square
> dodge cars can

Pathetic. Euro cucks frantic to find an excuse.

pic related

Diesel passenger cars face particularly strict emissions tests in the US. Of course American manufacturers aren't affected because their only diesels sit in truck class shitbarges, but it affects foreign competitors that attempt to sell diesel passenger cars.

Are you actually retarded

it's not just vs diesel cars - it's gasoline too.

And strict regulations aren't an excuse.
Stop defending a company that is defrauding not only the US but multiple countries in Europe as well.

What about Mercedes? and BMW? Volvo?

VW is such a shit brand

nVIDIA did that with its graphics card accelerators for PC graphics in beating out AMD Radeon for years on benchmark tests. nVIDIA cards detect certain benchmark programs are running and would switch to its special benchmark mode to give itself higher benchmark scores. Yet the PC buyers didn't really care. Maybe the car buyers are much more anal about cheating benchmark tests. But in the end, do many people actually care about counterfeit test results? A year later and most people go "huh? what's that?".

Who gives a shit anyway? Emissions have been strict enough for some time, and according to Veeky Forums they make such little difference that you can safely rip out your cat for performance gains or to save money on a replacement.

Is it time to buy Audi in hopes they will be forced to buyback?

Emissions laws are insanely strict, and only getting worse.
We need to rollback our restrictions.

>Cheating Audi owned by Cheating Volkswagon
>As expected. One good cheat deserves another cheat.

Volkswagon Gruppe:
-- Volkswagon (cheated)
-- Audi (cheated)
-- Bentley (not yet found to cheat)
-- Bugatti
-- Lamborghini
-- Porsche (not yet found to cheat)
-- SEAT
-- Skoda
-- others

>Volkswagon Gruppe:
>-- Volkswagon (cheated)
>-- Audi (cheated)
>-- Bentley (not yet found to cheat)
>-- Bugatti
>-- Lamborghini
>-- Porsche (not yet found to cheat)
>-- SEAT
>-- Skoda
>-- others

AT THE END OF 2017
>-- Volkswagon (cheated)
>-- Audi (cheated)
>-- Bentley (cheated)
>-- Bugatti (no one dared to check)
>-- Lamborghini (no one dared to check)
>-- Porsche (cheated)

Some cars not checked because then the number of tears would be too great on both sides of the ocean.

Seat, Skoda, Audi and VW share the majority of their engines, so it makes sense that they're guilty. They're the volume sellers.
Bentley, Lamborghini and Bugatti aren't exactly in a class where emissions matter much.
Porsche is not completely owned by VAG, and only uses VAG engines and platforms for a few cars.

>dodge cars can

You misspelt Fiat.

Nissan, Mitsubishi and others have also been found to have done similar things or are greatly suspected to have. The big 3 never will because they are concerned with profit above all in most scenarios, and are literally the first companies to know what standards they have to adhere to as they are in the backyard of the U.S. government. Chevy or Ford would never in a million years risk it because they know they would be caught and suffer major setbacks for the better part of a decade. If American auomakers could get away with it they would absolutely do it more than the Germans.

Lightning does strike twice in the same spot.
Never heard of it striking three times though.

To protect the brand, the press will probably keep quiet on the issue to not cause the public to get into an uproar like with the volkswagon cheating problem.

The vast majority of the public has a short memory anyways.

>Buy piston engine+manual transmission
>Never drive below 4000RPM
>WHAT EMISSIONS COMPLIANCE?

Recapture and recycle my Co2 you tree hugging faggots

but then we'd have to make up for it by putting emissions restrictions on manufacturing and freight, and that would cost business money when making consumer auto green gives business an alternative thing to focus their R&D on while turning similar/identical/superior profits

why do you value consumer sheep over the people who literally built society

>We need to rollback our restrictions.
What we need is punishment for those who pollute our air. On the western states all the way to the Continental Divide, the majority of toxic air pollution is from China. When flying, you can see it rolling in from the ocean as a dark cloud. It is not from the USA unless you count CO2 as a pollutant. Since china gets rid of many toxic chemicals and objects by incineration (lead, arsenic, mercury, etc), the smog that country emits is considerably more toxic than normal toxic smog emitted by other countries.

So Audi's cheating on emissions is a drop in the daily bucket compared to the other things going on.

Notice how GM/Ford have only gotten a slap on the wrist for their cheating?

>Notice how GM/Ford have only gotten a slap on the wrist for their cheating?

Just like your cheap comment:

Notice how BMW only got a slap on the wrist for their cheating?

Notice how Koenigsegg only got a slap on the wrist for their cheating?

Notice how Lexus only got a slap on the wrist for their cheating?

Notice how Shillary only got a slap on the wrist for corruption?

Spotted the GM fangirl

such "misfortune" has happened to VW.

now buy the """"""""""""eco"""""""""""""boost goyim

unlike you hans they knew when to pay their bribes.
FYI, literally nobody is surprised any auto manufacturer cheats. Odds are they pissed off the wrong politician or he got pissed off at them for no big reason and decided to throw the book.

If a third VW company gets caught, it's going to really put a lot of angry scrutiny on the remaining other VW companies.

>Cappies will defend this

>unlike you hans they knew when to pay their bribes.
After November 8, it will be even more donations for the Clinton Foundation and a lot more money for the personal fortunes of the employees there and those awarded the sinecure job contracts. There are lots of ways for corrupt people to create tax exempt charities to then extract money out of them. It's a clever way for politicians to unofficially collect bribes as well as reward other corrupt people who served them. Just give them a sinecure contract from the charity as a reward.

I don't see what any of that has to do with my point.

A new bribee will be in town after Nov 8th. And it will be hungry and demand large amounts.

>jalopnik
I ignore clickbait

Isn't that a thing every four years tho?

(((They))) don't cheat, they want third wave holocaust.Germs always lie, especially about II WW and gas emission. Thank God USA gubement prevent this and second wave (volkswagen).
Gas yourself you souless shit.
Germs are not euro.

I wish I could see the reactions in the Audi board of directors room when the news came out.

gib a ruh

Some shit business sense from VAG to just include this in their cars, I for one would be willing to pay extra for a "make emissions okay for testing" button

The other problem is that after VAG said no more shenanigans please forgive us we will buy back VW diesels, some more stuff appears the next year for audi.

>do many people actually care
Nope. Auto enthusiasts are bigger cucks than tech enthusiasts.

If you had such a button, it wouldn't be legal to drive in WA or CA which both use the same emission standards since 2008.

I have a manual transmission. What would they do if I shifted conservatively during an annual inspection but red-line it during my daily drive?

>wouldn't be legal to drive in WA

So is driving continuously in the left lane. But damned if a lot of people just do it anyway.

>Live in Thurston County.
>No inspections.
>None of my cars have cats in them anymore.
Don't feel one bit guilty.