Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

I want to lick Ibuki.

Latex on the outside, silicon on the inside

use your 3f jabs. he has a predictable overhead and no crossup so there shouldnt be too much problem here, unless you choke when you're about to close out and he gets a target combo into vtrigger into 70% damage

play sniff fighter

itt: genelets

There is a difference between expressing legit criticisms about games and blaming the game for your shortcomings.

Never forget about it.

>juni will never take a shit on your chest

its not fair bros ...

>Frustrated with SFV
>Someone reccomends KI
>Whatever I have Win 10 anyway
>This is the mashiest game I have ever played in any genre

Street Fighter V is fun

Can I still feel her heartbeat through those huge boobs?

Daily reminder that sfv is shit.

Juni is so worst she isn't even in SFV

i can see her balls

>Then you aren't learning, you aren't practicing. It's not your fucking genes its you carrying on with bad habits

It's like you didn't read my post at all. Again, you can't "learn" to have better spatial recognition, you can't "learn" to react faster, you can't "learn" to make decisions faster, you can't "learn" to adapt faster.

Those are very primal qualities that each person is born with a certain degree of mastery. If this weren't true then we wouldn't have math/sports/art/etc geniuses. Fighting games work exactly the same way.

If you've been playing for months/years and have seen little improvement then just give up. You have reached your ceiling.

buy blazblue

DELET this

No. Synthetic hearts are constant flow of blood instead of beating.

>tfw you can practice fighting game combos for 5 hours straight but you don't have the patience to get past the introductory part of nier because you get bored
holy fuck what's wrong with me?

>tfw I almost fell for the blazblue meme
I'll stick with the 10k players online at all times with SFV instead of playing that dead trash.

Remember when Chun had that cool air air-stomp finisher?

Why did they take it away?

You live doing repetitive tasks to gain mastery

what do i do if my reactions are too slow to block the overhead

tfw you posses the air footsies gene

you're wrong. unless there is one guy that wins 100% of his games and has never lost, there is no reason to give up. there is no possible way to know your ceiling, there is always more work to be put in.

>Internet
>fg's

Dumb Brick post.

t. goobers

no
fun

getgear

Working on it. How long are the combos now? Never played it seriously and the lat one I tried was vanilla CP.

Who knows.

I guess they wanted to make the game more simple in terms of combos?

you're autistic. that is the definition of autism, what you just posted

how do I get color 17 in Revelator

Why the fuck would you practice combos when there's literally zero players outside of japan?

Nier's good but the start is slow

Try playing a game with a good netcode like Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

it's dead my man

Jesus christ I hate the trailers for sfv almost as much as the game. All thhose fast cuts so I can't see anything.

hard reads & commitment

>It's like you didn't read my post at all. Again, you can't "learn" to have better spatial recognition, you can't "learn" to react faster, you can't "learn" to make decisions faster, you can't "learn" to adapt faster.

you can improve all of that through fucking training. they did a study on fighter pilots that showed that reaction time, spatial awareness, etc is in fact improved by training. obviously people will have greater or less natural affinity for it due to genetics but acting like you are born with skill X at level 10 and it stays at level 10 regardless of how much you train is retarded.

yes, the majority of fighting game players will likely never be as good as tokido or momochi or whatever but that doesn't mean you can't be skilled.

stop being a bitch.

This may be a crazy concept for a Veeky Forums poster, but I have friends that are willing to play with me and a wife that wants to learn how to play video games.
Don't they feature this at majors pretty often? I recall a lot of guys playing Calamity Trigger.

>10k players online at all times with SFV
lmfao

block standing? balrogs only lows that do anything are his sweep obviously, his crm x2 target combo which only matters if he has vtrigger, and his low crush straight, which if he does from fullscreen and you somehow can't react to that or an overhead, just jump

So play a dumb kusoge with even less people?

When you practice a fighting game you're practicing to gain mastery of a skill. That brings its own rewards later down the line in the form of competition.

Competition against real human beings will ALWAYS be way more interesting than any shitty single player game where you kill hundreds/thousands of braindead CPU bots.

i cannot block low in time from mid/fullscreen to low straight or ex low online ;_;

You wouldn't be able to beat the best melty players in years of training. Hell, you wouldn't be able to beat me.

What does your wife think of mu-12, platinum and Mai?

is the gaming preset on monitors worth using? does it actually reduce input lag or is it just a meme

But single player games are pretty fun.

How long until genetic engineers can replicate the fighting game gene and put it out for public use?

THIS

Cesar Rodriguez, known as the last american ace pilot, was always at the bottom of his pilot class and in constant danger of getting expelled. He had to work his ass off to become better than the golden boys who had the "pilot gene"

If you practice the right way there will be results, that's all there is to it

input lag isnt up to a setting on a display. those things usually just fuck with color and saturation etc

unfortunately it's the same as the furry gene

Real talk is KI a good game or is it just mindless mashing like this guy says

>Hell, you wouldn't be able to beat me.
LMAO
I'll play you right now

damn son. i dont know what to tell you. practice your reactions

Fighter pilots are actually culled from a big group of potential pilots.

they are already pretty good though and becoming a fighter pilot is very hard. So you are basing this off a group of the elite of pilots.

She never says much about mu-12, but likes Noel, thinks Platinum is annoying, and sort of likes Mai and wants to play her just because she thinks she'll be like Axl Low, for some reason.

Ok. Host.

If there is a gene that makes one to be really into dead kusoge, then I'm glad that you'll never pass your genes onward.

I didn't know Ken's V-Trigger raw Tatsus from the distance was actually a legit tool against opponent without invincible reversals.

That shit is so dumb yet so sick looking.

some claim they turn of post processing effects though.

finish the arcade mode

Didn't YOYO almost beat you in Melty despite not playing that game at all?

You are, like, the prime example of genes deciding your FG performance.

You will never be good

Nice assumptions dumb wop.

and they wasted their time on him instead of getting a guy with the same dedication and a better baseline.

learn how to record stuff in training mode and set balrog to do the stuff you have trouble with at random intervals. Start small, try to block 2-3 times in a row both sides. When you get frustrated just take a break and walk for a while

What is the right way to practice? Serious question. Endless lobbies only?

>tfw you suck at fighting games
>Try to get better
>Fail
>Go back to Overwatch while watching good fighting game players
>Repeat the next day

Yoyo beat me in melty a long time ago. I won free when he played again a few months ago. If anything that would be exactly proof of what I'm saying.

Tfw jdcr isn't in the globals... U wot m8 he's easily the best Tekken player right now. Completely mopping the floor with high level Koreans on VSL

>the next day
>thinking you'll get better at fighting games in one day

Yoyo would destroy you if he actually picked up Melty for even a week

Ive been in this cycle for 3 years with different games

Why do you have to live vicariously through what yoyo could fictionally do in your mind

that's hylarious lol

It's an excellent game with a nice gimmick for the combos.

i was actually able to beat the next 3 balrog players thanks fgg

You know why they pick kids with steller grades out from shitty schools and bring them to top universities?

It's because even though the A's they got are worth less then A's in a better school despite the fact that said kid went to the shittiest school with the shittiest resources, underfunded and poorly maintained they still were the top. Then It's like the process to bring them in is like "wow imagine if this poor ass kid went to a GOOD school instead of this ghetto kindergarten"?

>tfw naturally good at fighting games

Capcom Fighters @CapcomFighters 1h1 hour ago
Both Mistero and Tse4444 are unable to compete at Capcom Cup which qualifies EG K-brad and Yukadon respectively. Final bracket tomorrow.

play match
watch replay
see what mistakes you made
recreate in training mode
work on getting around said mistake
play match with new knowledge
rinse repeat

Also, looks like anonyderp talks big but dodges when it's time to back up his claims again...

>the japanese LI Joe frauded his way into capcuck cup
disgusting

>this streamcapybara

I already knew about K-Brad. Quite happy for Yukadon.

>Brick responds to his own post with his phone just so it looks like someone dodged him

Here's the unpleasant truth, your teachers lied to you when they said that anyone, even you can become an astronaut. Some people are just naturally better at certain things than others. There's something called talent. No matter how hard I try I'll never paint a Mona Lisa or invent a quantum computer. So the next time you think to yourself "I could beat all the pro gamers if I just played as much as them." Think again. That belief is as pathetic as arguing on /fgg/.

Why is /fgg/ so obsessed with SFV when they SUPPOSEDLY dislike it so much?

Really makes you think, doesn't it? It really does.

is the bbc gene real?

I think they may bring it back, replacing the IAL with this.

>wasted time on a guy who was the top at his field

lmao

Its more about your mindset. Are you actually thinking about what you are doing and why? Are you learning anything from your lobbies fights? Any patterns from your foe? What are the holes in your armor and how can you fix them? You have to dedicate your full mental power to the task you are doing.

As an example once I was getting bodied by a mika because I was paying full attention to what he was doing, and failed to realize what I was doing wrong.

And the most important thing you have to realize is that getting better is not instant. You will not learn some setups and oki in a weekend and melt enemies you used to get rekt by. Learn to wait and dedicate yourself

And read/listen to Mastery by Robert Greeneā„¢, its a great book

SFV is good and going to get much better with S2

I can't fucking wait

doesn't really make me think

Nearly everyone wants Street Fighter to be good

But right now its just not

More like Jive players blame the animu boogeyman for anything bad said about their game for retardos.

buyers remorse

I think it's simple.

Everyone likes SF, some just aren't happy with the direction the franchise took with SFV (and Ono in general).

Not every hater is a bitch who can't blame himself for his shortcomings in fighting games or a jelly anime player.

Name 1 (one) fighting game with an active playerbase that's better.

lol if you believe this

goobers want every game but GG to fail. why do you think they got kicked out of ASWgen? They attack every single game not named guilty gear

at least the global finals will be interesting instead of him just winning it for free.

>Everyone likes SF
I have always liked Mortal Kombat more