What's your biggest fear Veeky Forums?

what's your biggest fear Veeky Forums?

>getting a bunch of tickets in the mail for the red lights i've run and for the filtering ive done on my motorcycle

Head on collision at high speeds.

Knocking up a black chick

As a black guy this made me laugh HARD.

My biggest fear is the moment when i will inevitably will have to scrap/sell my car. That moment will truly be heartbreaking

hitting somebody like you on a motorcycle
People who drive their bikes aggressively in traffic make me nervous as hell

breaking something

>Driving an engine swapped vehicle with unknown miles on engine and transmission
>Every day, 40 miles round trip
>no fuel gauge
>no oil dipstick
>no speedo

What could go wrong?

Driving 90 down the A14 and living in fear of a speeding ticket for the next two weeks.

>this, always checking my blind spot for op over here

I fear dents and scratches from a parking lot, but I don't fear this.

Buying a used car from a stranger for the first time (current car is first car and was a hand-me-down gift) and either getting sold a trashbucket out of a lack of mechanical knowledge or getting ripped off out of poor negotiation skills.

>total brake failure
it's happened once before, and it is genuinely scary.

Being at fault for another accident.

I thought I was a good driver with strong situational awareness, and that it couldn't happen to me. Turns out I wasn't good enough.

Realizing I've wasted my entire life working on piece of shit cars. 3 years till wizardhood boys.

Why don't you just install a bunch of gauges? Go full ricer AND functional, two birds with one stone.

Delete your trip and kill yourself faggot

Lunching my transmission. I'm new to manual and I've already had one clutch burn.

collisions above 200km/h,
speed limitis,
some Idiot truck driver overseeing me when dring motorcycle
and Hillary Clinton as president.

Since getting my car in July, nearly all of my nightmares have been about my car not starting or engine exploding. Thing is, with the way I drive, it would make more sense for my nightmares to be about me fucking up a shift and blowing up my transmission.

hills.

still learning manual. i went and practiced it last week until my clutch started to smell awful.

Going around the outside of a canyon corner and having a biker sliding into my lane.

>km/h
>clinton
go away yurop, and deal with the fact that she'll be president.

Getting hit by a retard who runs red lights.

Did that for a year only it was 120 miles a day and the fuel tank leaked if it was more than 1/2 full. Had an exhaust leak too so i couldnt drive with the windows closed.
Glad i got rid of that shitbox

i just rev hard and drop the clutch fast on hills. might spin a second or two but no rollback.

Failing my drivers test. I'm not nervous, and I've been told the test is piss easy, but I feel like the instructor is gonna be a douchebag.

My former moped DD was from 1983
It didn´t had a battery, it didn´t have a rear or brake light, fuel gauge and the miles are unknown.
But it still outruns any 50ccm in my area.

My girlfriend got her Saturn SC1 just a bit ago and had to relearn manual. She just slams it hard on hills if she can't make it near the top quick enough.

At least you are a dedicated car enthusiast.

Fucking up my next timing belt change.

well at least you'll only kill yourself. unless someone swerves to avoid your dumb shit ass. This is why I will never swerve for a motorcycle if it has any chance to hurt someone other than you.

Probably crashing my motorbike and becoming vegetable.

Dying's fine, broken bones are fine but you can't do shit if you're a vegetable.

shitting my pants in traffic desu

>stop on hill
>pull hand brake
>find friction point of clutch and give her a little throttle to bring the revs up
>slowly release clutch until car starts to want to move
>release hand brake
>release clutch slowly, feed throttle
>????
>wow it's fucking nothing.jpg

>pull hand brake.
for what purpose? you need to learn where the friction point is on flat ground first. thats how you learn how to do hills. To be fair if you are on hill all the time you should probably have an automatic/auto manual if you can afford it.

just remember getting honked at for conking out is much better than over compensating and lurching into the vehicle in front of you or worse burning out your clutch, clutches arent cheap to replace.

you people make me sick. if you cant do hills what the fuck are you using a manual for?

Currently: getting caught up because I have an open title, no plates and no emissions.

No date so I can lie whenever and I'm trying to sell, but it sucks that the dmv will suck about $200 out of a flip of i go straight.

I'm deathly terrified of the new RX-7

>not being made
>being a hybrid
>costing 70k or more
>not looking fantastic

Owning one is currently my only long term plan.

you mean the rx-9?

Same, I'd rather be dead than ruin my life

new drivers scare me.

I occationally have nightmares where I drive my car but brakes just dissapear and the accelaration doesn't exist.

Found out my car only has 60% of it's effective braking power left and it does not stop or accellarate when I have 4 people in it, exactly like in nightmares.
But I've never felt scared or threatened when driving it.

My another fear is that I'll be getting an MR2 as my only daily soon and I'm afraid everything will go wrong with it and as soon as I get it fixed I snap oversteer into a train

I fear the snow

Getting in an accident that cripples me in some way

Snow fell down here again. About a foot.
It's honestly not that bad, I just drive 20kph slower than usual and pay more attention.

But yesterday there was an entire road that was literally covered with a layer of pure ice. Turned the steering wheel completely to the right, car just keeps going straight ahead. And I was going at a jogging pace.

Give it a tiny bit of gas, massive wheelspin and 0 movement.

It would've been hilarious if it wasn't a tight street covered with parked cars

Handbrake ensures there's no rollback if some fucktard's 10cm away from your ass.

Blowing up a transmission
that I did, hit a pot hole at 45mph, destroyed two wheels
Where can I watch Made 2 without paying dosh?

:^)

I've crashed my last two cars, one ended up sideways in a ditch, the other spun left off the road and backwards into a fence while going on a left curve. Both times, I thought I was going slow enough. I wasn't.

I've driven for 6 years in an ass backwards east europe country where roads have only become decently maintained but are still deathtraps.

I've never gone in a slide unless I've done it intentionally.
Most of my scrapes come from thinking a pile of snow is safe when in fact they had a pile of bricks hidden in there.

My timing chain is loud as fuck. People tell me it's normal and that timing chains are just noisy. I go to youtube and type in 22RE videos to hear other people engines and they all sound different in their unique chattery way so thats no help at all.

and it's not a matter of just going and fixing it because the average shop wants $900 to install a new timing chain kit. Which I just cant spend if there really is nothing wrong with my timing chain. Maybe spending it for the piece of mind would be worth it...i dunno.

I was saving up to do a 3rz swap in two years so maybe it can hold off until then.

It's just my DD right now and it would devastate me to need a new engine unexpectedly.