/ss13g/ - SPESSMEN ON A SPACE STATION

Last Thread: Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>MrPain removes all fun flags from DragonBro because Morena is a little bitch
>Celt's latest buttbuddy in the metaclub applies to be admin, let's watch him get it ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3280
>Faggot user talking about traps being faggish.

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
discordapp.com/invite/fE3Ts8A
@rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvJsG4F2Img
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for best couple

second for waifus

Second for OP is a faggot for adding the coder discord to the OP.

>Coder Discord
DO NOT VALIDATE THEM

Like it or not some people need coding help.

Having Celt teach people how to code on the main discord is a terrible idea.

>Celt's latest buttbuddy in the metaclub applies to be admin
I've never heard of him
t. celts best friend

Apologies if you think I'm beingza bit of a smug bastard with.my belief, but I'm of the opinion that a ideal/belief you have that has been tested and used for a long while without any problems or logical issue is a ideal/belief you use as certain till proven wrong

Don't you believe in what you trully believe user? Why would you not say it like you truly do believe it?

It's okay, Niggly-user, there's shame in coming out as his butt buddy.

Niggly was probably the guy describing sexuality last thread.

>tfw I'm not the only one who "____ for waifus" anymore
Is waifuposting making a comeback?

thats why theyre constantly in the discord voice channel together and playing games together right

>Niggly
>Celt
>Friends
They broke up ages ago

No, it was me, actually.

Shitpost or not, I'm not niggles. Far too disliked for that.

Please don't let it ever make a comeback. We don't need a repeat of late-2015 to mid-2016 shitposting.

>it was me
AW, SUNOVABITCH

what is the coderbus discord

>Your next admin
Reminder to say no to Elves.

coder decides to completely separate the coding discussion from the main discord, which already had a coding channel
the rest of the coders are like-minded sociopaths that agree this is for some reason desirable or a good idea

>see crew manifest
>Frizl mechanic
>close byond

I'd spoil who I am, but for as hilarious as it'd be to have my name tied to the guy who told everyone what's what in terms of sexuality, I'm sure atleast someone would grudge me over telling them the truth.

Can't win em all user, can't win em all.

>tfw when you perf on your waifu using the cameras

do you have a link?

Best jobs to play that let you leave/afk at any time without affecting the round?

don't go there, they need to rot in their autism corner until they realize their pointless secession is of no use to anyone and actively hurts potential new coders

anybody have the infograph of games on an iceberg with space station 13 on it

Any civilian job

Assistant
Botanist
Chef
Janitor
Scientist
Cargo tech
Mechanic

Really, almost everyone but the command crew, antags and sec.

MoMMI
Atmos Tech
Scientist once research is done (usually 5-10 minutes)
Chef/Bartender
Detective
Janitor
Chaplain
Cargo Tech
Mechanic
Virologist
Vampire Thrall

I would say paramedic's could do this if you're only gone for a little while and you aren't the only medbay staff.
>turn sensors off and hide in the locker
>bodies get dragged to medbay by their coworkers half the time anyways
>nobody can enter your cave to prove that you aren't just out looking for bodies

>Virologist
>afk for a few minutes
>virus hit the station right when you walked away
>come back to slaughtered monkeys and a destroyed lab

That doesn't mean that other doctors, let alone general crewmembers, can't fix their own viruses on their own at this point.

Heads of staff always muscle their way into virology no matter what's happening anyway. Always the fucking HoS looking for valids.

Rina+Fritzl together a cute.

A cute!

I wonder what they get up to in their shielded welded bolted telecave.

I tried to get a peek in when they let their shields went down for a moment, but I got promptly knocked out and teled to the bar with a "you aren't sick, please leave".

>working viro
>help I have a virus
>they never come in to get cured
>go to the front with antibodies
>chem smashed open, idiots chugging radium and antitoxin
>pass out cures
>go back to viro
>viro trashed, people trying to make more cures
>climb into viro disposals and space myself
>Greyshirt (assistant) says "cure done yet??"

Maybe if you didn't barricade yourself in and keep a fucking stockpile of corpses people would think better of you.

Let medbay players play medbay. Don't be a prick.

Nerf telebay. Make CMC require medical access or something. I feel like antags are tired of not getting to do anything with these cunts.
I'm done seeing the 'lol y use wild ride when u can use me and my porters ouo' butt buddies

If this keeps on I fully expect medbay to become just another assistant role which is what mechanic already is

Played dota with this guy last night.

Might be the most autistic community member we have, and that's saying alot

>Make CMC require medical access
>making Telescience officially paramedic's rightful clay
Paramedic stronk

Was a paramedic that round, got sent to tele to "pick up the bodies".
Go there, they tell me any and all bodies they have are MIF and that they have already commed that several times. Go back and tell medbay, all is good. The guys in tele even asked me if I or anyone else from medbay would like to come work in tele. I am not familiar with all the medbay equipment or for that matter tele equipment so I didn't, why the other medstaff ignored the offer I do not know.

Cap was just a non-comreading validsalad faggot, the guy was screaming for telesci heads to roll 5 minutes into the shift.

>the station slowly splits up in mini-nations with cargonia and now teleportia.
Civil war when?

Can Dionna overdose on drugs?

Why do I always see the little green fuckers eatin 50u pills of hyperzine.

Whoever gets the most medbay staff on their side wins.
Just kidding, how can cargonia even compete against telebombs?

They can, but the toxin damage is healed very quickly.
It's a feature I promise
Just shoot 'em with one laser and they're basically dead instantly. They can't even heal burn damage without kelotane or dermaline.

>Medbay has essentially become completely useless from science being able to replace it with ease
>Cluster keeps nerfing everything in medbay to please his aunts ghost

FIX VIROLOGY

You do realize brad and friz were comming for medstaff to come tele throughout the game right?

In fact I am pretty sure friz starts of every round with a "setting up telebay, medstaff come use it when I am done". Your nerf would do nothing once the fags in medbay start listening to their coms, instead of autistically minmaxing cryomixes that really only need 4 ingredients to work.

As I see it brad/friz/rina are doing their job of "improving the station", medstaff is just too retarded to go use it.

Other than that I agree with the idea of telebay needing a nerf, I have been antag a couple of times now when my target gets teled out from underneath me, gets cloned within lamo 60 seconds and then gives them the whole story.

>"haha, why don't you go kill tele first then! xD"

I would love to, but someone tell me how to get into a shielded welded bolted tele without causing so much of a ruckus that I might as well just go loud with guns.

>"just cut the power!"

Ya, fantastic when these guys have generators in there

and if you finally do manage to get in, the odds are they have either teled in help, or teled themselves out.

Honest to god, someone tell me how to deal with this shit, short of applying toolboxes to mechanics heads at round start.

Git gud

>Cargonia has the power to import guns and everything
>Teleportia has viro and plasma cannisters and can transform the tele room into a bunker
Its litteraly going to be conventional warfare vs chemical/biological warfare.

Don't nerf telebay because if a few retards, deal with it ooc, talk to them, because this isn't a thing of telemedbay being strong.

This is about telemedbay being common and powergamed to fuck. This is a special case that needs admin intervention to fix, not mechanical nerfs.

Fuck off fritz, nobody wants this powergaming hub. FUCK. OFF.

That sounds like a one game thing user, anytime I see them as mechanics medbay has 0 to do because of their combined teleporting autism. Make a 4th cyromix, why not. Someone yelling help on comms, telescience is gonna get to him first. Someone walks INTO MEDBAY, give him supplies because hes about to be teleported away.

nerf telebay NERF TELEBAY.

>always want to use telescience as a paramedic
>tfw in my experiences those nerds always tell me to fuck off
>tfw I've been shot at just for opening (not hacking) the maint door

Correct me if I'm wrong since I've never played science, but can't they print their own guns over in science?

>with ease
>rina+fritzl spend first 15 minutes of shift being turboautists setting it up
Honestly it is strong, but the amount of autism needed to set up all those machines. All the mats needed to make all those machine and console frames, all that wire needed to wire them, all the boards needed, a metric fuckton of scanners and manipulators along with a bunch of other parts, the biomass to keep a cloner running for which they set up a fucking chicken farm.
Then once it is all set up, what do they do? They stare at a CMC for the rest of the shift.

I am glad they do it, it has saved me several times this past week and I am liking this new trend (or revival of an old one) of setting up medbay in tele, but to me it seems like a higheffort/low return way to play the game. 15 minutes of turboautism to save maybe 3 people in a shift, and that is if it doesn't all go to shit in the first 20 minutes with a singuloose or whatever as it often does, in which case all their effort was for naught.

If a game goes to shit early and you are playing as medbay, at most you "wasted" a little time making a mix and some meds.

Guns need materials like silver, diamonds and uranium, so they are dependant on miners.

So unless cargo does go ahead and make sure they get their shit prepped and a propper trade alliance done by the way of weapon trading via delivery shutes, science ain't getting guns if miners decide they are being pricks.

>liking autism because it's autistic
I don't care how hard or long it takes to set up but after those pain staking 15 minutes of hard work medbay is completely useless because they yanked cloning and cyro into a shielded off area with only one way in

>They'll never remake Colonial Marines using Veeky Forumscode instead of /bay/code.
God that server is such a laggy pile of trash like all the other straight /bay/code servers.
Should pomf host a Colonial Marines server?

>gas cargo
>allow shaft miners on the asteroid to come back and live in peace if they agree to Teleportia's demands
>make an alliance with atmosia to remove gas from cargo
>Science orders their own guns with the cargo head's ID and has shaft miners delivering materials under threat of telebombs
The perfect plan

>removing all fun flags from the only funmin left

hey who's got kingston's picture?

>In fact I am pretty sure friz starts of every round with a "setting up telebay, medstaff come use it when I am done". Your nerf would do nothing once the fags in medbay start listening to their coms, instead of autistically minmaxing cryomixes that really only need 4 ingredients to work.

No idea if that guy is right, you could probably check logs if you wanted to be sure. But to me it just sounds like medstaff simply being too lazy to haul their ass over to tele. If rina/firzt are indeed calling medstaff over on public comms and getting ignored, then really medbay only has themselves to blame.

Dragonbro does this every single fucking time, he bans himself or "resigns" or has someone "hold onto" his flags for two weeks then comes back as fullmin and pretends nothing ever happened.

>too lazy to search artifacts
>setup a chicken/diona farm
>first sentient diona nymph samples all dead ones and ask to go to the station
>second one grabs a hatched
>tell it to drop the weapon and calm down
>try to scoop it
>it keeps fleeing
>it grabs a toolbox and kills a chick
>i get mad and start spraying it with mutagen
>it flees using the tubes
>end hitting myself and getting bad eyesight
>make tons of rye pills so i can heal myself and the bad nymph
>by now the 3rd sentient is born
>it drinks a few samples of blood and i warn it about his crazy brother
>decide to take it to the station
>we find a whole of broken windows
>the "rogue" nymph is here
>i holed docking windows to get inside the shuttle
>it wants to go to the station, going as far as trying to take my id
>i spray it with more mutagen to scare it from my id
>i say nobody is going before we fix those windows
>it tries to steal my id again
>hit it with the metal rods i started collecting
>get materials from maint
>start repairing
>it starts using the tools from it toolbox to cut the grilles i make
>get fedup and bring both to the shuttle
>normalglass docking and shuttle to at least prevent massive depressurization
>ask for a screwdriver
>ask again
>AGAIN
>go nuclear and start hitting it with rods until crit
>realize i'm killing my plant son
>i screwdrive the normalglass windows using a screwdriver from it's toolbox
>send the shuttle
>leave the 3rd nymph in the hallway, wishing it good luck
>second nymph still has a pulse
>rush to genetics
>inject it with a man's S.E.
>rush to cryo
>the first thing it does when it it up again is slash me to death with it's own plant hands screaming "FUCK YOU, YOU RUINED MY LIFE!"
>sadness fills my soul as i realize i robbed it of it's childhood
>die
>it kills itself
turns out it was a fucking big misunderstanding

>cargo orders guns
>telportopia just teles them over for themselves
>they bluspess magic over all the cargo consoles
>they port in the cargo crew and spess them

this is one of my favorite images desu

Shut the fuck up, Bill

Don't you ever confuse me for Bill again you fucking little shithead

>tfw tele mechanics never are antags and always ask kindly for scans and always say thank you.

>this hard/time consuming task sets up something that is superior to something that costs close to 0 effort
I would agree with you if setting up an entire medbay and keeping it functional was easy and fast, but it isn't.

Like I said, you can look through the logs. Or do you need spoonfeeding?

someone link to the jsgate thing
i lost my link

>Internals
>cut cameras
>hacked vendors in maint for kinetics and other toys to fuck them with, ointment to test wires, and the ability to do solo rnd with a single busted crate
>single tank ghetto bomb from the incinerator
>drop the bomb by tele maint, shoot the fuckers with kinetics, run them over with mules

Acording to quartermaster Ivan, the proper term to describe pompous nerds who think they are hot shit is "Cyka"

>ointment to test wires
but you can order glubbs you fucking amateur

>yes I was shot at for walking in
>DO YOU NEED ME TO PROVE THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN
>shot at for walking in

You folks think that they will tele all the crates out right, gotta think in a way to test wires without them.

Paramedic here. I'm unsure if I've been in a round where the telebay had been created without me personally moving my CMC over in there. I doubt it was Friz and Co. that shot at me or told me to fuck off.

>mfw the guy who shot at me yelled REEEE NORMIES GET OUT while shooting

Tele only has to bomb your windows to space your crew and plasma flood the rest of cargo by teleporting in plasma canisters.

>instead of fixing bugs, Celt is chasing bugs by fucking gay niggers
Typical, typical Celt.

>implying they won't bribe someone to keep them updated on what you guys are doing and teleport the guy with the bomb to the derelict
>implying they won't teleport in an army of slimes or other horrors from xenobio
>implying they won't just space everyone as said
>implying they won't teleport in open plasma canisters followed by a lit cigarette

>[11:43:54]SAY: Fritzl Himmlerina/Fritz Nighteyes (@287,215,1) As Galactic Common : any medical staff free to come work in the telesci room?

>[12:01:58]SAY: Fritzl Himmlerina/Fritz Nighteyes (@285,219,1) As Galactic Common : a friendly reminder to medbay that telesci has basically everything you guys have

>[13:47:57]SAY: Fritzl Himmlerina/Fritz Nighteyes (@286,216,1) As Galactic Common : medbay, tele is nearly up and running, you can send someone over to run it

Why is one towel in specific circled out?

cute doggo

Hi fritzl

To highlight best girl, duh

Delete this. #NotAllElves

And if they ain't antags, they get bwoinked to the highest heavens and permad.

If they are, it'd make them a absolute target and get everyone to dissable suit sensors, throw flashbangs and go dull valid hunting over it.

Plus, if the standard of power gaming was achieved so much, you'd be seeing everyone in miner gear and magboots, not to mention everything else I said. Unless its low pop, even a assistant can just go ahead, weld it down, cut all the wires, decon the door, and then let sec flashbang everyone to deafness and blindness, even if it takes a good amount of flashies for it.
Nobody bribes and cargonia doesn't betray itself, slimes are so easily dealt with its a joke and they could not subdue any actual harmful alien to the telepad without killing themselves, they'd need coords for that to begin with, you can't even tele in open cansisters without plasmaflooring yourself and if you can, you'd get fucked by the light cigarette anyways.

Quit being delusional, its a tool that is limited by skill only, and science isn't skilled, its autistic, big difference.

>[11:17:37]SAY: Fritzl Himmlerina/Fritz Nighteyes (@288,221,1) As Galactic Common : Soon we will have some medbay guy take over this palce

>[11:17:56]SAY: Fritzl Himmlerina/Fritz Nighteyes (@286,219,1) As Galactic Common : I just set it up, and only run it when nobody comes over

>[11:44:07]SAY: Fritzl Himmlerina/Fritz Nighteyes (@287,215,1) As Galactic Common : just needs medical staff now

>[11:50:27]SAY: Fritzl Himmlerina/Fritz Nighteyes (@284,216,1) As Galactic Common : any medical staff for medbay?
>[11:50:36]SAY: Fritzl Himmlerina/Fritz Nighteyes (@284,216,1) As Galactic Common : or telebay rather I suppsoe

youtube.com/watch?v=rvJsG4F2Img

No, I hate anything and anyone that uses "HURR SPEEDCLONING" but medbay acting like tele is "stealing muh jurbs" is even more retarded.

>no one knows how to run telescience in medbay
>thank god fritzl can right?

You can't build telescience in medbay though user, if only rye existed IRL.

bus station had a teleporter in the paramedic section of medbay

Yes and it was very nice but had no business being there.

>weld it down, cut all the wires, decon the door
The games I have played in which tele starts getting greytided they tele in shield generators, PACMAN generators and atmos cannisters and become a self sustained room. At that point all you can do is wait untill they run out of plasma sheets for energy, but oh wait they can just tele in more.

Do explosions even affect tiles on the other side of "le magic memewall"? That would be the only way to get at them at that point, and that is making the bold assumption they didn't set up the wall with a buffer zone to protect themselves from exactly that.

How3fix teleporter: No teleporting on the station z-level
There it's fixed. You can still use it to pull corpses off the asteroid and other z-levels and if someone dies on the station z-level then the paramedics still get to have a job, and antags don't get their kills zapped out from under them with no way of preventing it.
>inb4 butthurt telefags

Also prevents teletiding.

>telebay
>takes 2/3 autists 15 minutes to set up
>they offer it to medbay when done
>hurr nerf tele, it is easy and taking our jobs!

You can't put dexalin plus in a teleporter

paramedics were added because medstaff consider themsevles too busy or too important to go retrieve the wounded and everyone was too fucking lazy to set up telesci. All that has happened is that this recent tele trend as shown how unecesary the job is when people use the games features instead of
>"go get that body, by foot"
>"b-b-but we have this really cool technolo-"
>"shutup and get walking kid"

>And if they ain't antags, they get bwoinked to the highest heavens and permad.
I've been working off the assumption this is nations and a dispute between departments has risen.
>they'd need coords for that to begin with
>teleportia agent grabs a suit from EVA
>float near the desired wall
>get coords from GPS or coworkers grab suit sensors
>send bomb when it's convenient

>tele in open cansisters without plasmaflooring yourself
Acceptable losses. Not like it matters anyways when the room can be filtered of plasma and they likely have everything they need to clone the brave soul who went in.

>you'd get fucked by the light cigarette anyways
>teleport open container
>clear pad of plasma
>send lit cigarette through before cargonia has removed plasma
Or
>send closed plasma tank
>send agent of teleportia
>teleportia agent opens tank and drops lit cig or welder
>gets brought back for treatment or cloning hopefully before cargonia can turn off sensors/drag/murder

As said, Teleportia does not have to rely on any other department on the station and can wall themselves off comepletely

>make telebay
>hey medbay come have it if you want:))
>mfw no one knows how to teleporter
>keep it
>medbay goes braindead