/gowg/ - Gears of War General #24

Gore Edition

New Pack Info: gearsofwar.com/en-us/esports/columbus-supporter-pack

Available November 1 for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Checkout and Dry Dock will also be introduced into free public playlists on November 8.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/10/28/new-gears-4-maps-debut-november-1

>10th Anniversary Packs Announced
gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/10YOGAnnounce

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (embed) (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (embed) (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/all-i-wanted-was-blacksteel-reyna/ae88ede1-7e0f-4d5a-aae3-2e3d9da0395e/posts
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for me

Second for you too.

esports

Sorry for not bumping the thread.

man there are not alot of xbox users on this site

are cancer

it was close to death anyway, so who cares
Gears general isn't going to last on a board that has weeb games and non-games getting 500 PPM

but gears is a weeb game

there were only 1 gorillion 360s sold in nipland

Anyway, what morons in the last thread thought that there were Season rewards announced for Ranked?

There hasn't been any announcement of any sort, the skins some user posted were from the ESL Season 1 from the GoW UE season last year.

i posted that picture because i thought it would be funny and it was

HORDE FUCKING WHEN

when is the next update

it's dead jim

UPDATE WHEN

Kait is best girl

uh.......
Thanks....

Wrong, Reyna is best girl! You were close though.

Die, grub scum.

Getting matchmaking errors on Xbox One too.

Since online is down, can't I play against bots offline?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANNA PLAY VERSUS

GT?

why are people so stubborn and whiny when it comes to esports?

why so you can add me to do lego star wars the force awakens erp? no thanks creep!

Cause the huge push for eSports on a title that's dead on PC and is stillborn on Xbone is a waste of money.

One month from launch and what have we received? An advertisement pack and countless eSports packs, one update.

No info about the dead PC port, or whats in the December update.

Checkout is fine, but Drydock is fucking horrible.

No cause I want to know the name of the user who I hate.

but esports could turn gears completely around

the grand finals today had 35k viewers at its peak and i know most of them were just there for the emblem but for the end of the tournament, there were a steady 25k viewers

How can eSports turn it around? Honestly?

The game costs $60, if you want to play competitive and compete in Private, you need the $100 version.

The game is dead on PC since nobody wants W10 or use the W10 Store so no eSports scene will grow there, which is where it should have went in the first place, not a huge push for console, since this could've been the title in which MS can have their own huge PC title that makes them huge amounts of money, but no, they won't release it on Steam, so they're shit out of luck.

30k peak for the biggest tourney in the 10 years of the franchise's history isn't that great t b h, Halo which is equally as dead as Gears had like 300k for the HWC.

Gears needs to be dropped to $40 and be on Steam for the eSports initiative to grow.

hot take: console esports needs to grow

especially xbox since sony's gonna be fine with cod

i like the push for esports with gears but it's honestly just not fun to watch
3rd person's a bad view for spectating and there's no variety in gameplay

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/all-i-wanted-was-blacksteel-reyna/ae88ede1-7e0f-4d5a-aae3-2e3d9da0395e/posts

What are new maps we are getting this month?

Hail and overpass.

They're bringing back Escalation!

YES.

>they will never bring back any fun maps
Maps like that don't fit into their e-sports agenda.

I hope Canals comes back. It's entirely Esports but I fucking love that map. Mansion as well.

>canals
sniperfest, no thanks

Those two are fantastic, I would like to see Mausoleum make a comeback too.
I have some good memories of that map.

>not getting good enough to combat snipers

ded

shaddap

I think I'll play horde today.

I actually quite enjoyed watching the eSports tbqh, started watching just for the emblem and ended up staying to see who won

Was pretty funny when the commentators decided to listen in to team Optic's team talk pre-game right as one of them said some guy on the other team was a 'complete fucking moron' who would fall for a fake grenade rush where they could flank and kill him, which ended up actually happening
Also found it reassuring that the so called best sniper on team optic missed a guy who was standing completely still.

Don't you fuckin die on me again

I am here.

Reyna is better.

what a bad emblem

Is anyone online to run Horde on Insane?

You people always want to do things right as I'm going to bed.

I've literally been asking for the last 24 hours.

metal gear and gears crossover when?

Jack is best map all time

Is there any pictures of Jack Felling?

I want to see the bitch who's ruining my Gears.

I prefer other gears 1 maps

fuel depot and mansion are the best

Why is it that console cucks fucking suck at horde mode?
I've just got the game and started playing it yesterday. My first two games of horde (casual & normal difficulty) have had me top fragging in almost every round (bar the first one - three warm up rounds per set) and scoring double everyone else.
As well as this, the console users seem unable to see anything that isn't directly down the gun sight.
Me and someone else got caught off guard by a dropshot+shottie, so we were downed. We crawl to the nearest player and instead of picking us up, he sits there for a good 10 seconds or more, just shooting at enemies before getting stomped on.
I know for a fact that if he'd picked either one of us up, the other one would've gotten picked up and two, or even three of us would've gotten the job done.
Instead, that prick died and it took another player to try and rescue the situation. They managed to pick up my tags and revive me, but by that point it was hopeless as the spawner was surrounded by 6+ enemies and I couldn't even move when I spawned.

TL;DR what the fuck is it with console normies not being able to look outside of a 5 degree FOV?

Newbie to thread here. What do you mean horde when? I can play horde just fine myself.

Have you played versus? The average skill level is though the roof, everyone I come across is a wallbounce pro. I still top the lists, but I have to sweat to do it.

I don't understand how everyone s so ridiculously good at versus and so utterly retarded on horde

There's absolutely no crossover

Not tried versus yet, no. And that wouldn't surprise me. I suppose all of the best players just stick to versus where-as all of the people who don't have a clue stick to horde.
Damn shame, since I've got major fun memories of horde and having competent team mates is pretty much essential on higher difficulties/higher waves.

I will try out the versus at some point, but I figure getting used to the game some more first would be a good idea, especially since I've got no clue with the maps and obviously anyone who has had it since day 1 will know them inside out.

Yeah I remember Gears 2 Horde back in its hayday, shit was so much fun

I'd recommend getting used to the tournament settings on the control menu if you want to get really good at versus.
All it does is switch LB and A, which means you can aim whilst wallbouncing as you can keep your thumb on the analog stick

I made the switch a few days ago and it felt a little odd at first, but I've got so much better with the Gnasher because of it

I use KB+M myself. I don't know if you're a console user or PC, but I'm PC myself.
I did have to rebind running/cover to shift (from space) and melee to one of my mouse side buttons however.
I've yet to decide if any other buttons want rearranging. If there's a quick throw for grenades (haven't checked) that shit is DEFINITELY getting remapped.

Fucking G2 Horde was beast. Hell, even G3 Horde was fucking top notch. I liked how they did the static defences you could upgrade, but I also like the new system of putting them down where you like. Trouble is, yet again, people not really using the points effectively.

im looking for a gowg horde lobby

What difficulty are you on? When I tried it out on casual (first go) it worked in... 15 seconds?
Going onto normal took it about a minute or so for it to find a suitable game.
The only difficulty I can imagine people avoid would be insane.

I don't think you understand, I;m looking for anons in here to play Insane Horde with.

2's hord was so much better before they overdid it.

Aaaaah, gotya. Sorry bout that.
I should've caught onto the gowg bit, but my brain didn't click.
My GT is Nutty R, and like I say, I play on PC.
Right now I'm waiting for Westworld to start, which is in 30mins, so I don't think we'll have enough time to find the anons and get into it - but if you want to add me or make a mental note of it, I'm certainly willing to give insane horde a try if its with people who actually have half a brain and (hopefully) a microphone.

because esports are fucking cancer

Horde skills are fine but silverback and fortifications are mistake.

>See Skybox recording
>Turn on TV
>Forgot that W.W is Tuesday, Affair is Monday
The things I do for my bloody partner.

>9000 Credits

What do I buy?

22 Horde Packs?

9 Operations Packs?

2 Elite Packs?

All I really care about now are customizations though, and Horde skills to some extent.

Silverback was only GOW3 though, right?
I kinda liked it myself. I can understand how it was a mistake, but I found it to be an enjoyable mistake.

Horde packs
Most bang for your buck. Also horde is only way to get fast reups.

>Pulled custom lancer skin from horde pack
Is it an overused skin like trippy and highway? Hate to see repetitive skins amongst my team.

What if I told you I was Re-Up 10?

Well prob operations packs and hope for good luck? Cause i pulled shit on the two elites ive drawn

horde packs

Bump (go things in the middle of the night)

bump goes dicks into kait

But user, I haven't met kait yet.
Unless she's the girl you see at the start of act 1. I dunno. I haven't played enough.

nigga

>Gears 4 out just over a month
>last thread was up for 10 days
>thread still dies because of inactivity
I've been here before..

>xbox players
>Veeky Forums

why is our general so dead?

Because the game itself is dead.

It's prime time USA hours, and none of you cucks are online?

I wish pavilion and mansion came back

Fuck you Lewd and your shit map taste.

Hope they put in river and ruins too. The four I listed were the best.

is it actually considered "dead" or is this just a in-joke?

Pretty sure only PC is dead. I also wouldn't say the Xbox community is very large though.

just PC

I want Blood Drive and Day 1 back

>29 Horde Packs
>3 legendaries (2 of which are dupes)
>Couple Epics
>Some Horde skill cards that I didn't have
>Common shit

All in all, it was a ok opening, gained like 2000 scrap from it and got some shit I didn't have, getting me closer to having every skin in the game, then I can work on maxing out all my Blue and Purple Horde skills.

I just want the custom lancer skin desu

also the qt medic gear from the campaign

I could use some day one too. It's been ages since I played on that

i would use gary carmine if he had the snub on him

im tired of losing in versus. anyone wanna play? i dont care how good you are.

GT: BigLizard