Ford Ranger FX4 Level 2

I just got a Ford Ranger FX4 Level 2. Have any of you guys ever had one/currently have one?

Lol

>Level 2
>not having a double-decker cab

I had a level 3 but it turned out I had just bought an F-150.

these are questions you are supposed to ask before you buy the vehicle.

I like those. All the ones I've seen have been beat to shit though.

Yours looks clean. I hope you treat it well.

That is just a pic of one I grabbed off of the internet. Don't have any pictures on my computer. The one I got was in good condition though. like 100k miles, no rust, no damage, and a clean title.

And I looked up stuff about them before I bought it, hence the reason I bought a level 2 over a regular Ranger (better rear end, skid plates, better shocks, better tow hooks, stiffer torison bars, and a limited slip differential), but i wan just wondering about your guys's personal experience with them.

Yay! Another Ranger thread after that Mazda one expired.

I just have a regular offroad 4x4. If you plan on offroading it, save yourself the $1000-$2000 and just get a beat up one with some extra miles. If not, then keep it pristine and whatever.

stop
think of the children.

HA good experience for you.

>ranger
>mazda
>no correlation.jpg

Retard

Mazda B2000, B3000, and B4000

>he doesn't know that 90s mazda light truck is just a rebadged ranger

After 1993
Before was all mazda
And werent 2001 to 2005 b2300's a mazda mzr?

Wow I've actually never seen a level 2 before. What's different about it than a regular ranger?

Better rear end, skid plates, better shocks, better tow hooks, stiffer torison bars, and a limited slip differential, and a better interior. The FX4 Offroad (the equivalent of a level 1, still a higher trim model than all of the other Rangers) has mid and aft skid plates (doesn't have the front one) and a better interior. The Level 2 also has a manual transfer case for the 2003. The 2002 FX4 Offroad had the manual transfer case also, but there was no Level 2 in 2002. I believe the 2002 FX4 Offroad is the same thing as the 2003 FX4 Level 2.

>HA good experience for you.
lol I asked these questions, I just ignored the answers entirely. Idk, my acura is fucking comfy though

Forgot to specify. The Level 2 features a front skid plate, unlike the FX4 Offroad.

Level II back then was a pretty big deal. It had a weird luxury icon to it but if I remember, the 2008s had all the bonuses of a Level II 2003 model.

We normally only talk about the 4.0L vs 2.3L and never talk about skids, shocks, leaves, and all the other parts of the Ranger.
They're honestly a cheaper version of 2008+ Rangers as they've got some more "comfort" to them. Also the rarity makes them worth just that much more.

Ok, why don't you just get a 2010 Ranger or something? The TPM and other sensors are annoying on my trucc but the better since of comfort and ever growing resale value keeps me happy.

I got it for cheap.

Lol I missed this.
Damn waste of trips, though.

Price pls.

Hey since we're inevitably going to derail this thread about bashing your manumatic (or some other gay Veeky Forums shit), did you do the box split on the cigars?
If not, you can get a bunch of underground grey market US trades on onlinehumidor.com/forum . they literally sell cuban cigars over the cleannet.
Just find someone with high ratings (3+ works) and no one has been ripped off for small purchases in like... 2 years. That's the first thing you do when you sell your Acura - get a box of Cohibas.

$6250

>hit), did you do the box split on the cigars?
I haven't yet, I spent the money on disk brakes and shit. I probably wil at some point.

Hey not bad. You essentially got everything they put in for a 2010 Ranger but for cheaper and with the rare little icon. Also if you take it to anywhere people know about vehicles, you can get off to them orgasming about the rarity and "olde fashioned ness".

Sign up for onlinehumidor, senpai. Waitlist is like a week for membership but Wade's a good guy.
Constant box splits and the fact that everything is in the US makes shipping ease of mind (and you get tracking info)

Is there an entry fee?

>better rear end
for what? loading the bed full of weight? its a small truck, the body and frame cannot handle that. "better rear" sounds like retarded bullshit

>skid plates
u makin sick jumps in the sand, boy?

>better tow hooks
literally no one gives a fuck

>stiffer bars
ok this is alright, but again this is not really necessary. none of this shit is really going to outlast the default shit

>and a limited slip differential
this is where you fucked up.

lsd's are dime a dozen generic shit they put on all vehicles foreign and domestic. they are totally worthless for offroading. a 2wd drive system with a rear locker is literally 100x more capable offroad than 90% of typical 4wd systems on the market with lsd.
try to research with a rear locker is, and dont get it confused with current auto dealer bullshit terminology which applies the term "locking diff" to the center diff, which also is entirely worthless off road

man you got a lot to learn

Don't we all have Level 2 Fords? I know I'll never drive anythign that isn't level 2 which is why I have a Ford Stage IV Level 2 Cobra Banshee Snake Reaper with the Obeah package. That shit is bad ass dude, totally fuckin bad ass dude. I also got the Prefrontal Package which includes chrome side steps and bumper highlight pack. I also upgraded to the SnackPack Platinum Titanium edition with Ralph Lauren interior trim and Active Ambient Lighting pac. (the Active Ambient Lighting pac is spelled pac, different from the other PACKS with a k on the car)

It has a higher quality bed and the liner was more fitted than those old models. Plus the rear was able to take abuse unlike the old metal bumpers.
I hit a fence pole today in my 2010 Ranger and literally nothing happened to my trucc. In my old Colorado (or the old Rangers of back then), the aluminium / soft steel would've caved in immediately.

Skid plates on the bottom are sure as hell helpful. That's why people paid for the Mk II as opposed to the regular ones. The rocks and sand up in the Canadian shield can sneak up on you if you're not careful. The benefit is that the skidplates are in line so that if you have one scraping rock along the side, it tumbles smoothly along the bottom as opposed to smaller, segmented skid plates that you do after market. The bumper also lines up perfectly with the factory plates this way. Though, I'm thinking of upgrading mine to some titanium plates that my welder can cut and shoppe for me.

Tow hooks that were no longer liable to snap off and kill the winch operator is a pretty big plus. Apparently that happened with the old Ford models. Not sure if this is different on this, though. Regardless, I'm getting rid of my handles with my winch bumper anyway.

Yeah the LSD is a pain in the ass.
Anyone know if it's worth switching the LSD in my rear differential? It's right now the loudest thing when I am accelerating in my Ford Ranger above 4th gear doing above 100kmph. I've changed the transmission and differential oil

Yeah, a week of your time and sanity to see if Wade will accept your request. No money required, though.
It also isn't a "cigar information board" like others. This is dedicated only to trading and selling and buying. Anyone with three or so ratings (and that you're only giving them under $150) is safe enough to buy from anyway. Just state CONUS only shipping/sending.

also none of those light duty ranger tier engines (most of which are actually reliable, the best on the market in its class along side toyota) are never going to need a bigger rear

dont buy into gimmick hardware being thrown on for idiots

Sorry for doubble bost. But needed to upload this from my phone as am on desktop at work and can't transfer data.

I was just saying what I read online lol. And the skid plates are useful in Florida. Tons of cypress knees that can fuck shit up. And the axle is a 31 spline axle (I think other rangers are 28).

The only ranger i've ever had was a 92.

how afraid should I be right now.

that is a very handsome pickup.

What level was it?

Thanks, but now it sits alone in a salvage yard, slowly decaying away. Really miss it tbqh

It was an XLT, it also had the red interior that I wasn't pretty fond of at first, but grew to absolutely love it.

HI, I'M BOXY.

You did it right. Now you just gotta wait for Wade to accept your request so probably in the morning or Friday morning.

Great, but what Level was it?

Seconded. Level please or GTFO.

answered here

Can you translate "XLT" into a level pls?

Seconded. LEVEL OR GTFO.

>boxxy
>that image name
holy shit that takes me back to 2008
kek'd hard

the final level i guess
i dont know
you're really making my head hurt

I'm just going to casually get this back on topic.
Should I trade the LSD?

Depends on the dosage per tab :^)

Depends on the dosage per tab :^)

Go back to the junkyard an buy it back.

Well a Ranger FX4 Level 2 is considerably cheaper than a Ford Stage IV Level 2 Cobra Banshee Snake Reaper with the Obeah package. That shit is bad ass dude, totally fuckin bad ass dude. I also got the Prefrontal Package which includes chrome side steps and bumper highlight pack. I also upgraded to the SnackPack Platinum Titanium edition with Ralph Lauren interior trim and Active Ambient Lighting pac.

Current owner of an '02 Ranger XLT. Excellent trucks.

What level is that?

haha fucking level 1 pleb

Fucking kek

Had one years ago, get yourself a manual for fun times. They can go great trucks man

Agreed.
It doesn't have an E-Brake so drifiting is pretty difficult. However, it is possible. If you do a clutch ease at a much higher idle RPM, you can simulate 4WS and drift around corners.

i like rangers

Different guy here with my 1992 ranger

regular cab tho

>edge
heh.jpeg

Was just changing the transmission fluid on muh trucc and heard a wheelrub sound.

I'm going to get a winch bumper utility mount in time for winter and it's gonna be sweet.

nb for blog post and thread death (but had to tell someone)