/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenaries
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/increased-stcop-damage-1416
youtube.com/watch?v=0WuFCMXD79U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

first for GLOCK PERFECTION

So I'm using that DoctorX Questlines addon for CoC and I'm a dutyfag and Petrenko wants me to talk to some guy named Hog in dead city. Won't I just get torn to bits by the mercs if I go there?

nvm fixed it

When?

is artefact hunting your main source of income in CoCk?
if not what is?

Artifactan first.

Then mutant parts followed by weapon attachments.

Guns. I feel like I loot too much in this game.

impossible

Are you sure? I have almost 16000 rubles just walking into garbage. Maybe it's because I carry egregious amounts of shit (like 30 kilos after selling). I'm just really unsure.

>16k
>alot

cmon m8

Follow up issue, what am I saving rubles for? I'm super new at this game.

that's not even 250 dollaridoos
good guns, good ammo, neat suits
remember that (Im asumming vanilla soc) you can't repair shit so you'll need replacements

> what am I saving rubles for?

well once you have a million you get an achievement. not sure if it actually does anything with traders + trader discounts or what not

you're just lotting the shit out of stuff to get better guns+ armror/outfits, detectors, and gun food.

Noted, I shall forge onward. Any tips for the bandit fight in garbage? I live fine, but the stalker who calls for your help gets fragged about a half minute into the gunfight.

which game you playing tho

which of the bandit fights? i assume it's the car park one since it's the first. no real tip, you could just reload a save and protect the guys by not waiting for the bandits to come deep into the park and just throwing some grenades and shit at them to thin them out

SoC. It's not the opening one where the guy is being held up, but the one after by the junked planes and other scrap shit. The guy says something like "Glad you could come, we lost some men in the last fight, but they'll be back" or something like that.

yup, that's the cark park one
i never have had bes die on me, actually
i usually just go ahead and ignore the ambush shit

what weapon you rocking? depending on how you went at things you should one or more of sawed off with slugs, ak74u, mp5 this last one, if you're observant at the car park, you could have a thousand ammo more or less

I've got a 74u with like 8 rounds, the shotgun (with some fuckload of ammo) and the mp5 with probably 40 or 50 rounds. I think I only have 1 grenade, but I've been going with the ambush plan, so next time I'll engage them first. Thanks bro, don't get lost to the zone.

you did check the little structure to the right of the entrance to the park right? there's some good ammo there - though it's not where you find the huge cache i said in my previous post or the silencer
>Thanks bro, don't get lost to the zone.
no problem, and good hunting, stalker

you bois mad as fuck

que¿

pls no

Weapon attachments and ammo, supplemented by occasional mutant bits, should be your bread and butter until you get the gear necessary to hunt artifacts efficiently. Even after you're ready to hunt artifacts you will still acquire those things passively.

Another thing to consider is if you're operating close to where you can stash weapons then keep a look out for uncommon guns in reasonable condition. Ask random stalkers for a task and often enough they will ask for a particular weapon. These are really worth taking if you already have that weapon stashed somewhere. Pic related.

No big deal lad, that's how I got my Svarog.
There's a difference from finding it on the field and getting it for a mission

Do stashes not get looted by AI or emptied?

How's the damage value in the newest STCoP version? Have they fixed it already? The only reason I haven't played the newest one (and patched my CoC) is because I still don't know whether AlliraCorp has updated his Real Ballistics or not. I can't understand Russian, but now I'm trying to navigate through the forum searching for the update, probably in vain.

Not to my knowledge.

Mutant parts. The second one would be weapon scamming, like the above user said. You can get like more than 100k+ if you give PKM to Trapper in Jupiter. Just sleep for 3 days and the quest will reset. If you don't have PKM, just settle with Vintorez. One of the cheekies always carry them. Monolith always carry good weapon too. Just remember that the quest only lists vanilla-registered weapons. They won't ask for an SR-25 or SCAR.

I play STCoP, though. The values are different in other addons, but Trapper always pays the most in all of them.

(samefag)
Also, I think Nimble also pays a lot. I could be wrong, though.

ded

>use zrp
>diary text still gray forever
>points of interest marker may still dissappear when loading
>quest markers sometimes don't dissappear when the quest's done
>you're still not garaunteed the map of the agroprom institute and the instructions to go at night

Why is the PDA such a fucking mess in SoC holy shit

>Go to Dead City merc base
>Loot off dead bandits/military/Monolith
>Defend base against mutant attacks which happens really frequently
>Jump on a box shooting flesh/boar/doge with Makarov
>Run around skinning the piles of dead mutants and give to mercs in quest and sell parts to Sakharov when it piles up and also loot dead Freedom/Duty while on passing Army warehouse.
Wonder what the mercs think about a Clear Sky guy who comes to sleep on their bed then looting and skinning everything everyday. Sometimes I wake up in the morning to the sound of something exploding followed by dead Monolith who blew themselves with their own grenade or RPG-7.

>Decide to give Misery another try
>Can't reach the helicopter in the toxic swamp by the bloodsucker lair side because last time I stumbled upon a pack of blind dogs, a board, a poltergeist and a pseudogiant all cramped in the same fucking area
>go through the 7 strong bloodsucker pack side
>find the familiar pseudodog pack
>4-5 strong, climb in a rock and snipe them
>skin them to cover the money I'm losing by shooting them
>as soon as I finish the last one I take two steps in the direction of the helicopter
>WOOF WOOF BARK BARK WOOF WOOF
>run back to my rock, snipe them
>skin a few, get back to going to the helicopter
>walk a few paces away from the rock
>already see the exploding pseudodogs copies and know I will get fucked soon
>something leaps out of a motherfucking bush and, missing me by the skin of my teeth
>a MOTHERFUCKING CHIMERA
>ON FUCKING ZATON, BROAD DAYLIGHT
>pump two shotgun rounds on the beast's side, it leaps and misses
>disappears in the bushes
>oh god oh god oh god
>run back to my rock
>snipe it with my mosin nagant, it leaps at me a few more times
>a bloodsucker comes out of the blue and try to hit the chimera
>they start fighting each other
>another bloodsucker appears
>there's probably a 6-7 pack of bloodsuckers down there right now

Why the FUCK is this allowed? Jesus christ on a fucking stick, my armor is a heavy longcoat, I'm using a gasmask and the initial guns: a bolt action piece of shit and a sawed off relic.

I'm trying to do the first fucking thing related to the fucking main mission in the first fucking area but this shit is guarded better than the Monolith. I'm sure these fags are spawning on top of me. Right after I kill one group something worse appears. Literally what the fuck Misery, when I get to the helicopter are you going to spawn a nuclear bomb on top of me?

How the fuck people deal with this bullshit?

>you can't repair shit so you'll need replacements

>mfw I just got my hands on Battery #4

>The chimera kills both bloodsuckers
>when I thought I was going to die I hear gunshots
>a duty patrol is nearby
>they engage the chimera and kill the heavily wounded beast
That was close. Still don't know what that shit was doing here.

>manage to reach the helicopter
>look around
>ANOTHER fucking chimera is prowling on the opposite side
So the Misery fuckers really wanted me to have 10/10 gear to reach the first fucking crash site or they wanted me to go in some other way
Jesus fuck. To top it all the only shit I got was another mission, a rope and a broken fuckign flashlight. You'd think a military heli would have guns but no, there's absolutely fucking nothing. Someone looted it? Because they are so damn good looters going through all this shit.

In SoC how do I stop NPC's dying from Fire? When I last played it, I wen't really out of my way to save all 4 Duty guys in the Dark Valley >pic related, there's 12 guys at Duty's outpost at the Garbage

What completely demotivates me to play the game is sometimes one of the guys spawn in the fire and fucking die just like that.
It is ridiculously immersion breaking, it happens to Loners all the time as well.

Basically, what do I need to change in the files to stop NPC's from dying to camp fires.

If I recall correctly you can make them immune to fire but they will also stop dying from burner anomalies

Mutant Hunter for the ecologists

Does anybody have more Stalker or stalker-like art?

cardan?

HE MARKED ONE

yup yup the real Cardan

This count?

yes?

yes, and it should be in the Louvre.

Immersion breaking? Not with that mindset. Before I knew it was actually a bug, I thought it was something that occasionally happened after an NPC died, as if his comrades threw his body into the fire - an easy way to dispose of it and everything.

Is there any reason the shotguns in CoC with AO3 are so absurdly overpowered? The Huntsman you can get from Nimble is basically a semi-automatic sniper rifle that uses extremely common ammo and can kill most enemies in a single upper body shot, and kills even Pseudogiants and Chimeras in less than a mag. The only disadvantage is the inability to mount sights, which isn't even that big of a deal since you can just put your irons in the general direction of an enemy and they'll get fucking shredded by the buckshot. Slugs are okay too, but holy fuck the buckshot rounds are just OP as fuck.

soon

Is there a canon reason for the mercs always being hostile to you?

They're not always hostile in CoC. I imagine they have to deal with a lot of shit from other Loners, Bandits, Freedom and Duty, so they're not exactly gonna be super friendly towards a stranger waltzing around their territory.

Hey look I got a third Svarog detector :^)

stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Mercenaries

Because mercenaries have no established code of ethics to abide to, each mercenary group's sense of morality could be quite different from another. Thus, mercenary groups are ultimately unpredictable as there are those who are civilized enough to negotiate and reach a mutual understanding, such as Hog and Hatchet, while there are also those who will simply kill anyone that gets in their way or witness their brutality, such as Wolfhound.

It is this bit of unpredictability than has earned all mercenaries the distrust of most stalkers as they fear that they might get a bullet in the head than a mutual understanding when talking to mercenaries.

im playing with the newest stcop without any changes to the damages and it seems way better than before.

>mfw looted the ''shitpost'' in itemsoup

nice little touch

Really? How many bullets do you need to kill a non-exo medium-armored stalker with 7.62x51mm NATO?

i've only played for some time now but i cleared the whole bandit hangar on garbage pretty easily. mostly 1-2 shots to the head to leather jackets and brown bandit suits, about 3-4 to the chest and 2 headshots to down an exo bandit. military seems a lot easier to kill too, but you can download this moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/increased-stcop-damage-1416

Possibly because Mercs, like the Military, are not necessarily full-time residents of the zone. To them, they are constantly in hostile territory, and don't care who's who aside from what's relevant to their job - everything is essentially dangerous. And most other factions don't seem to like them anyway - at least in SoC, Ecologists definitely do not like them, Loners are being antagonized by them in the Cordon, and Duty and Freedom will give missions that requires Merc deaths. And it's implied that they're just pretty bloodthirsty - maybe more thugs with guns than true military units. I would not be surprised if they were based on some of the crueler paramilitary groups in the Yugoslav wars or something like that.

Though has a good point in that they're not much of a unified faction, whereas in SoC there hasn't been that much difference made between groups. You could argue that experience in the Zone causes Mercenaries to be more open to talking instead of a shoot on sight policy.

you shouldnt be able to.
it doessnt spawn as loot.
blacklisted in coc_treasure_manager.ltx

oh well, must be because i'm using that file from smuths hud and forgot to left that out. thanks for pointing it

Matherfucker i fuck your family,your BITCH mather suck dick in petrolium,your faggot father suck and lick dick again for your grow up bestard.

doesnt coc_treasure_manager.ltx only apply to stashes?

Got some for you.

Do most mods make NPCs immune to fire by default?
Like Autumn Aurora or Complete etc.

>started a new game of misery
>48 minutes played
>already have enough money for an ecologist suit

Sorry, but where was the misery again?

looking at the weapon models in that mod makes you feel pretty miserable

the carrying cap makes you feel pretty miserable

Are ray of hope, wormwood, stalker 2, and gunslinger still NEVER EVER?

Also what's the new hotness, last time I played was during the CoCk leak?

Lukash won't kill his fellow Freedomers anymore.

>trying to get back to base with loot to scrap a living
>there's a fucking chimera leaping around near the ship

>go to second crash site
>at least no chimeras/hordes of mutants around
>just 5-6 zombies, a pack of snorks and two poltergeists
I fucking hate poltergeists. I die all the fucking time and when I use psy drugs I get dizzy and drunk and can't shoot for shit, in addition to a fucking blue screen, shit flying around and the fact that I still can't get near the poltergeist without getting fucked.

Fucking Misery.

I just killed Noah and took his two Compass artifacts.

Do I still get the mission to obtain one for Sultan/Beard now?

yes, in fact this is a very good tactic if you're playing misery

>Ironforest in Misery

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE THINGS?!

>Anywhere with Misery
Hope you like chimeras

Why are all of you cunts making such a big deal out of Misery? It's pretty hard but you're just exaggerating all just to grab some (you)'s.

It's not as hard as you are making it out to be, just use your fuckin' head and you'll be right.

>use your fucking head
What, am I supposed to headbutt two chimeras, a pseudodog pack and a blind dog pack in broad day light?
How the fuck does anyone expect this anyway

I just haven't played misery before and was fucking suprised by the poltergeist screeching and the proto-snorks that attacked me.

How about you don't fight them?
Just because they're there doesn't mean you have to fight them, let alone go in their direction.

If they're physically IN the objective you want (not near, but IN), lure them to a group of Stalkers, or try to cheese them by leading them away than running past them to the objective, idk use your head and your surrounding to best whatever for you encounter.

If you see a single Chimera, give it a wide berth. As long as you carry the bare essentials, running is the best tool for most situations. (Unless you're confident you can fight them)

Should I go for AMK or OL:DE? Haven't played both yet

>Set the mutant spawns to 1.5 in Call of Chernobyl
>Lab X-18 is literally filled with fucking Pyrogeists and Poltergeists
>No matter how many I kill there always seems to be several more throwing shit at me
>Poltergeists don't drop any fucking mutant parts to refund the cost of my 9x39 SP-6 rounds

At least you can slightly recoup your costs from dogs and shit, fuck those ghost niggers.

>How about you don't fight them?
I'd love to but when it leapt out of a fucking bush out of the blue I don't really have much of a choice
Or when it stands between me and primary objective

> As long as you carry the bare essentials, running is the best tool for most situations.
I'm all for more difficulty and all, I like it, but I'm still playing a first person shooter not fucking mirrors edge

Basically, some of the best advice anyone can give, is binoculars.
Try to ALWAYS know what's ahead of you up to hundreds of meters away. If you see possible enemies, evaluate them. Could you take them on? Can you beat them easily or would it be a challenge? If not, than go around them. Basic shit, and if you need to go through a bunch of cunts that you know you can't win. Then don't go for it, come back later.
If you must engage an enemy you can't win, try to lure random NPC's into it.
All the time at Jupiter I always ran into the nearest group of Loners/Bandits/(passive)Mercs anything.

What i'm trying to say is, you must be in the mindset of a Stalker, and not running around with your dick in your hand hoping you don't get constantly ambushed or murdered. Once you do than the game won't be so hard.... if you can't do that, then idk senpai, have fun at failing.

>start game
>this is fun
>get stuck in a pier when looking for artifact
>last save is hour ago
>fuck it i will continue tomorrow
>fast forward to tomorrow
>continue from the old save
>this is fun
>get stuck inside a table
>last save is hour ago
according to google there is no no-clip command is there nothing i can do about it?
does this occur on many places?
i really dont want to drop this because of this bullshit but its irritating.

Depends which game/version/mod you're playing, but post-patch STALKER games are actually not too buggy if you know how to avoid the bugs. Eventually certain actions become second nature to avoid. Also, quicksaving a lot helps.

SMELLY DUMB
MONOLITH SCUM

>. Eventually certain actions become second nature to avoid.
Like what?

Avoiding spasming objects, jumping on tables and objects that are too close to the roof, avoiding being too close to certain walls. You kind of get used to it and work around the bugs.

>looting a dead monolith scum
>exit inventory, see that there's still 1 enemy on my radar
>hmm, wonder where-
>turn around, monolith scum crouching 2 feet away from me
>PEW, one shots me
>realize he had stealthily ambushed me, then shot me as soon as I turned around

How can a game's AI be so terrible yet so brilliant at times?

>stealthily ambushed me, then shot me as soon as I turned around

EVERY
TIME

then fast forward minutes later they cant even kill themselves in a gunfight and keep doing retarded loops or ignoring targets in front of them or simply not shooting at you or getting 100 meters away from the area aiming at nothing while moonwalking REEEEEEEE

but seriously how does the AI work is it like a dice or fucking WHAT

youtube.com/watch?v=0WuFCMXD79U
When?

How do I make NPC's invulnerable to fire? I'm a complete pleb at these things but I badly need this.
I can't consciously play this game knowing that NPC's I wen't out of my way to save will die not to a bandit or mutant but to a fucking camp fire.