/eog/ - ev onlign general

Maki edition!!!!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=72cae059-5664-4c34-9236-9c1f45d2dd4a&action=buddy
orph.link/eog
pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/
updates.eveonline.com/date/2016-11-15/
updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/
youtube.com/watch?v=xXTK2LTLNms
evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Mercenary_Academy
evemaps.dotlan.net/special/Pure_Blind-Fade-Deklein.pdf
wiki.braveineve.com/public/corps/brave-newbies-inc/how-to-apply
wiki.braveineve.com/public/corps/brave-newbies-inc/get-to-hq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

good job /eggo/

Referral /Buddy link for any new people needing 250k skillpoint bonus.

secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=72cae059-5664-4c34-9236-9c1f45d2dd4a&action=buddy

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free SP, beg for it here if you have.
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Now:
>ASCENSION DEPLOYED updates.eveonline.com/date/2016-11-15/
>EVE IS NOW F2P GOY
>Rewards, Gnosis, Goggles and a new destroyer, don't forget to redeem it.

Future:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov ??: updates.eveonline.com/coming/fall/ click through for devblog links on F2P and LINKS, plus teasers for rorqual reworks, industry structures, visual updates AND also free stuff, plus a new ship

Past:
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Get out.

Who's referral link is that, anyways?

>he doesn't RMT

No.
Subscribe with my referral link goyims.

first

Don't restart that semantic shit here.

u mena ``semitic''

I suppose they both work in this context.
Semantic is the more relevant of the two.

Vile Rat's.

>tfw you spent all your Isk on 250mm 10mn AB Thrashers before you quit

OK, so, obviously, what you do here, is, to contact him, right? And negotiate, so that, when you refer, under him, he'll buy you a, Goon, forum account. Then, you migrate, to greener pastures, capisce?

i don't like this mem

I quit after I lost my Hulk during HULKAGEDDON like 5 years ago and now that it's f2p I came back and the game still sucks.

avatar fagging is against the law.
concord has been called my man.

There is no cure for bad taste.

i don't play this game
never heard of it
but /pol/ told me this was an-cap the game
what did they mean by that??

Is there a faster way to warp out other than just menu clicking?

The game isn't all PvP all the time, you can kill any person any where any time for any reason.
Also the game's economy is pretty much entirely player driven.

sage
dont use this referal
dont post on this libcuck nigger thread
I bet this is the work of a ex broski scum
sage sage

>all the time, *but you can

it's hilarious how retarded people are about referral links.

are you jealous or something?

I am at 700 mil ISK. That PLEX will be mine.

so what's all that about needing a referral, can i play without going maximum kike from the very start?

referral links give you 250,000 free skill points.
and if you ever subscribe, the referrer gets a free plex.

you can play without one, but its pretty wasteful

Is 50 mil a good price for gnosis?
will they go up or down?

Would be using it as a alpha of course for epxloration. those scanning bonuses help big time when you cant cloak

>Is 50 mil a good price for gnosis?
No, the Gnosis is garbage. Only Alpha want them.
>will they go up or down?
There's no shortage of Gnosis or Gnosis BPCs. But there are no Gnosis BPOs.
Every Gnosis/BPC in the game was redeemed as a gift from CCP.
When CCP inevitably hands out more, the price will drop.
But that'll be a few years from now, until then the price will only go up.

>Would be using it as a alpha of course
Of course.
>for epxloration.
I guarantee you it will blow up immediately.
Use the Gnosis for L3 Missions, or don't buy it.
>those scanning bonuses help big time when you cant cloak
They really, really won't.

>heron: 250hp, can't hold holy any weapons with full exploration fit

>gnosis: 4000 hp,37% scanning bonus, High/mid/low slots out the ass

I don't understand how it could be pure shit

When someone gets ahold of you while you're hacking a can the extra hp and weapons aren't going to save you. The only difference is that you're going to lose a 50m ship instead of a 500k one.

1 Gnosis is worth 12½ Heron
Gnosis have far, far worse sig tanking than Heron
Plus, Gnosis warp away slower than Heron

>I don't understand how it could be pure shit
Compare a Gnosis to *any* BC, it's literally the worst BC in the game
It will lose to any Omega w-spacer's ship

Thanks.. guess I won't stock up on them then.

Does anyone have a purifier fit?

Keep in mind that you only get the plex if you actually subscribe; if you do something like use a starter pack or a package deal, even if it gives you time, it'll jew you out of the plex even if you subscribe after the fact

I find myself too busy with grad school crunch-time to do much more than highsec mining. It's very safe, and I can do it in the background while doing research, but I was wondering: Is this the only sort of activity one can do when one can't spare enough focus for very profitable stuff but still wish to be logged in and doing -something- productive?

>eve online went f2p
I guess I've just found my new job.

The closest thing to mining in afk-ability would likely be VNI ratting. Basically you get good drone skills, hop in a Vexor Navy Issue, go to a nullsec anom, hit orbit at 30k on some object in the site, release your drones, then go afk as they kill everything.

Your true calling is F1 Monkeying in a blob.

Eve is not a typical mmo, where the gear grind is bigger is better. Just because a ship is bigger does not mean it is better for what you want to do. Ship variety is a major part of the game. pick the right ship for the right job.

The devs have already demonstrated that they will give away the Gnosis. They may do it again, or even give away a better ship in the future.

I can't think of a situation where a Gnosis will give an alpha clone access to something where they could not do without it.

>I can't think of a situation where...
Solo level 3 mission running.

>Everyone says you NEED a Corp
>Want to mine
>Mine in Venture in high sec to get isk
>Buy Procurer
>Currently watching Netflix and drinking while switching rocks every so often

This is exactly what i wanted. I don't even want to PvP or make alts.
Feels good man.

>Feels good man.

Not him but I never encountered a level 3 security mission I couldn't complete in my Caracal or Vexor.

I mean alpha's are pretty locked down in terms of efficient ISK usage. But still should only take a month or 2 to get your PLEX money as an alpha.

>they said PVP is the best part of EVE
>decide to give it a try
>join Pandemic Horde
>get bullied when not in fleet
>get bullied in fleet for not flying the right way
>get bullied for not spending all your free time reading guides
>only bigname players and their clique get to talk on comms
>get ganked when you try to mine to make some Isk
>whole corp is just a scam to suck in newbies in order to throw bodies at the enemy
>cult like atmosphere with everyone telling each other that warping around and gatecamping for hours is fun
I quit PH after a week and joined a mining corp in FCON, no regrets. Now I just mine and everyone is chill. My corp even helped me buy a plex to get me into a barge. We only fight to defend our space, we're not spending all day just aimlessly roaming around like that's the only thing worth doing in EVE.

And a gnosis is five time the cost of a caracal. Get the same reward with a fifth of the risk.

kek. didnt know it was like that in horde. Since they send a fleet to attack our capital pretty much everyday I just assumed they would be just as fun to play with. No fun allowed.

Redpill me on the Svipul.

I've decided to pick up the game again after dropping it around 2012-13. I'm starting on a fresh f2p account. I'm leaning towards Minmatar to go fast or Gallente for drones but I'm just wondering if any of the races and their starting ships are considered much better than the others or if there are any I should be avoiding. Or should I just pick whatever?

Also I don't think this should be a problem but I will be playing with at least one other friend so should I try to pick the same race as him so that we can run the tutorial missions together or can we do that as different races?

You made me click this thread thinking it was /llsifg/

This video helps you pick a faction as an alpha. its concise so I am not going to try to tldr it:

youtube.com/watch?v=xXTK2LTLNms

can alpha accounts spend LP or am i doing these distribution missions for nothing?

I started again after 3 years with my character as alpha and am trying to get in on mercenary corps because I never did pvp before.

I'm really hoping it isn't like what you are describing.

>I'm starting on a fresh f2p account.

Try these guys: evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Mercenary_Academy

PH aren't mercs, they do large scale nullsec PVP

I did watch this video and while it is helpful I was asking here to try to get an idea what is going on with the balance/meta. If I remember correctly Minmatar had the "best" frigs when I quit but that was a long time ago so I may be misremembering or just flat out wrong. Is any one race considered to have better low tier ships than the others?

Mostly because you can't change your name as far as I can tell and I want to play with my friends who are just starting for the first time. I was never very good at the game when I played all those years back so I don't have much in the way of isk on that account and I can always just transfer it. The only thing I am worried about is going through the skill grind again but I know it's changed a lot since I played so hopefully it's more bearable now.

>Mostly because you can't change your name
Ask a GM, they usually say yes. Especially if your name is dumb.
>and I want to play with my friends who are just starting for the first time.
You can do that with your old Alpha account.

Those are the exact guys I am applying to.

>Ask a GM, they usually say yes. Especially if your name is dumb.
Huh, I did search around quite a bit about name changes but most of what I read made it sound impossible, maybe I should look into it.

>You can do that with your old Alpha account.
My old account is not an Alpha account though (just looked at my history it's from 2009) so I would have to pay for a new sub right?

Is the skill grind really that bad? On my old account I had up the battleships trained and a bunch of skill points in drones.

Gallente (Tristan/Atron/Vexor/VNI are all great, most other ships aren't bad) and Caldari are the best choices. Minmatar is mediocre because projectiles aren't that hot and Amarr is hard mode because Alphas lack cap skills and can't use scorch.

EVE is F2P. Your old account and all the shitty trial alts you might have made are Alphas now.

>My old account is not an Alpha account though
Any existing account that isn't subscribed is an Alpha account

>Is the skill grind really that bad?
It's tolerable, but there's no reason not to skip it if you can.

Is Brave Newbies any good? Are they just blob bullies like Horde?

> Your old account and all the shitty trial alts you might have made are Alphas now.
Oh fuck, okay I was misunderstanding how the system worked. I'm logged onto my shitty old character now, cheers. Whats the best way to get into contact with a GM to try to change my name as said?

Any pirates here? I'm gonna beat you up.

yeah I would recommend joining if you are just looking for a general Alliance (thats based in Null sec). Join something else if you want a corp/alliance specialized in something particular.

so they're not just a bunch of bullies?

I'm mostly just looking for a corp to hang out in while I get the hang of the game and decide if I want to sub or not. I'm pretty interested in exploration and maybe logistics ships, but I'd like to sample everything.

Thanks for the advice.

not at all.

yeah it would be perfect for that purpose. I recommend get some easy bankroll and experience built up in high sec first though. But you dont get the *full eve experience* until you have tried out living in Nul sec imo.

no bully

What's the best area for 1v1 frig pvp?

>way to get into contact with a GM to try to change my name
Use the help menu to go to the Help Channel or open a ticket.

Easy bankroll and experience? I tried Amarr and finshed off their career agents, then switched to Gallente and I'm enjoying it more -- I'm about to do the Sisters of Eve arc on my Gallente character. I'm told using drones and ratting is a pretty good source of income, too.

>get bullied when not in fleet
>get ganked when you try to mine to make some Isk

That's what happens if you don't join the standing fleet, dumbass. As for the rest of your complains: I don't know what bizarroworld you live in.

What tool do you guys use to trade?

Cheers. Thanks for the help all.

Jita

Huh, I had no idea the "muh scorch" meme was so accurate.

Your privateering days are over.

Go ahead. Tell your corp friends to warp in.

I mean career agents and SoE arc is good enough. Some people just get salty that you cant rat in a bare bones frigate out in our sov space. (I do by looting and salvaging at the same time). For ratting belts you need a good destroyer for ratting combat sites you need a cruiser.

Well, the advanced military career agent will give me a destroyer, so I should be fine there. Right now, I'm flying around in a Navitas because I very much like how it looks, until I get the Incursus to finish up the agents. Do you think I should get myself in a cruiser before I apply? I'm liking the thought of droneboating for pve stuff.

>now shut up and stop scaring away potential tax payers

You are not going to be able to get your stuff to our HQ on your own. (you can if you pay for a courier service). So I wouldn't worry about bringing anything. Torrinos is the last high sec stop and path to the homeland from there is gate camped to hell a lot.

evemaps.dotlan.net/special/Pure_Blind-Fade-Deklein.pdf

Better to sell everything and jump in a shuttle I don't care about losing, then? And set my clone to the home base? Although, I think I'd like to attempt to get to the nullsec base anyway, because I might learn something about gate camps in the process.

yep. if you plan on joining you can read these:
wiki.braveineve.com/public/corps/brave-newbies-inc/how-to-apply
wiki.braveineve.com/public/corps/brave-newbies-inc/get-to-hq

covers the basics of the application process / getting to HQ.

Thanks for the heads up and advice, mate. I'll probably apply next weekend, when I actually have some free time again, but I'll start getting ready over the week.

>I think I'd like to attempt to get to the nullsec base anyway,
Null is actually pretty safe, even lo-sec isn't murder bone land.
It's just the border of null and lo-sec that's extremely dangerous.

Also, neat trick to pass through a hostile alliance's sov null on a new character:

>set up scam contract in the evening as a joke
>wake up a plex richer

lol

Good stuff.

>tfw no cev lojban bf

>join standing fleet
>get ganked
>asshole FC calls you a braindamaged failure that should have been aborted and goes on 10 minute rant using you as example
If you're a nerd who wants to find a way to live out your chad fantasies in a video game PH is probably a good fit. In my new alliance noone cares if you lose a Venture or 10, we just replace it and move on. We also don't haze people and our space is more secure.

they need a add an security optional option that pops up a warning saying ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO PAY 1 GAZILLION DOLLARS??"

>asshole FC calls you a braindamaged failure that should have been aborted and goes on 10 minute rant using you as example
That never happened. Or if it actually did - please provide more details and I'll look into it.

Thera

pwning.de/neat/

eve-central.com

custom spreadsheets is pretty much all you need

evernus, eve-mogul.com

>custom spreadsheets is pretty much all you need
this is the way to go though

and most of all time.

22% profit over 7 days flipping with a few bil. start flipping boys don't be stupid. right now is the perfect time cause f2p

the only missions worth doing are epic arcs and security missions so you can get mega LP

Also you're wasting your time doing missions anyway