Cars that look slow but are secretly fast

Cars that look slow but are secretly fast

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YbLweooe3aM?t=6m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=F4dZB0jrMRU
youtube.com/watch?v=UVXa6i3iqHw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I drive a G8 GXP and it looks a lot less like a Malibu than the SS. its a much better sleeper, but at the same time the "SS" badge kind of gives it away.. definitely has to be debadged

How does it exactly look slow? I've seen these in the wild and they don't blend in as well as you think

to someone that isn't on this board, this car looks like a glorified Malibu. of course anyone whos into cars knows exactly what it is.

>Slower than 180hp shit box silvias
>2000kg and loses half its power to the wheels
It looks and performs like a fat slow turd

Being that the 240s are all more than 20 years old, I highly doubt that most can even achieve their advertised 0-60 time of 9 seconds.

I'm pretty sure my G8 will be there in half of that time.

lol

Between the Spec.B and the GT, these things kick ass

I'm talking about actual silvias

both are the same car essentially
the G8 GXP and the SS are both Holden Commodores built on the same chassis with LS2's
the SS is a VF commodore whereas the G8 is a VE commodore

Short gearing makes them quick, not fast. They're dogs on the highway with 200hp.

it's a trucc, so one would think it a slow pigfat machine. But it's pretty quick

RIP Dunnydoor

Fuck yeah, muh negro

It looks like a generic early 90's yuropoor executive sedan with some silly tuning bits, but it's actually a Lotus-propelled twin turbo missile and is pretty damn quick even today.

It was the fastest production sedan until the CTS-V came out in 2004. 14 years isn't a bad streak at all for holding a title of fastest X.

Not the most pull at highway speeds, but off of a line they're fun as fuck

I think the ss is LS3. And I doubt the g8 would have had an LS2, more than likely L77 or L98 6 litre AFM/DOD motors

Irl the new ss look actually really fucking cool. Kinda has the sti vibe going on, squarey but aggressive.

Only problem is they usually have shitty chrome wheels

For a heavy as fuck, ultra luxury full size sedan. This thing is a fucking monster. Literally didn't know how fast these things were until 2014

What about these things?

Can be made even quicker very easily and cheaply too

i just bought a gt for 2k, fucking great cars. with a bigger rear sway bar and some good tires you'd never know youre driving a station wagon.

Yeah because the fucking SSV badges dont give it away at all in their home country

fucking wat

But without their v8.. they're literally a whale on wheels. 1.8 tonne lol

These cars are seriously quick of the line too. With 700nm it can tear up any road it wants. It's really a beast and puts Wraith and S-Class coupes to shame.

The GT3-R variant (lighter and less comfortable Continental) did 0-60 in under 3.6 seconds.

The SuperSports variant which was released in 2010 did 0-60 in under 3.8 seconds.

Why are Camrys so fucking fast yet the FRS is slow as shit?

The Camry looks slow and goes fast, FRS is the opposite

toyota matrix

There was a faster variant called the RZ. Dunno if you guys got it in the US. I drove it here in Dubai and it's significantly faster than a regular Camry.

V6 camry drivers in nc drive worse than bmw fags.

Dunno if the RZ they sell in the middle east is different from the aus RZ, but the RZ they sell here is literally they put some sicc black rims and black trim highlights on an i4 camry, with like a 5hp boost. It is no faster than a garden variety shopping cart Camry.

VF II Commodore/SS uses an LS3,

VE II Commodore/G8 uses the LS2

VE/VF I's use the L77/L98 Holden engines

If it matches the australian spec
The GXP (VE) was the first commo with the LS2 besides a special run of the previous model (VZ)
The chevy SS (VF) had the LS2 whereas the facelift (VF2 as my ute pictured) has the LS3

thats if they follow the australian engine specs

I think the series two G8s had an LS3.

Blown away.

Top speed is 141 MPH

why do americans keep saying this? is it just to talk up their own cars!?

Want
Heard they were shit
Want, just with better gear ratios
Want
>I wanna go fast
Surprised it hasn't fallen apart by the time it reaches top speed

To the eyes of the average non car enthusiast commuter it's not that easy to spot.

youtu.be/YbLweooe3aM?t=6m30s

Little remap

youtube.com/watch?v=F4dZB0jrMRU

I own one of these
Awesome cars for a daily

You can get 14 pounds of boost with the stock hairdryer that comes with the B230 turbo

Came to post this. It's badged as a Vauxhall in the UK which came in VXR spec with big wheels and a body kit or Elite spec which was more comfort orientated and looked exactly like the base model.

no bully pls

Nah buddy, we didn't get the RZ here in the US but I sure did like it when it came out.

I love it

0-60 2.5 secs wtf

This sexy beast!

Getting passed by a minivan after 60 once your Tesla overheats from launching too many times... Priceless.

Model X looks really slow but the P100D does 0-60 in like 2.8

Not all that surprising

no one expects the supercharged Saturn

They do. I see commodores everywhere and even the v8 ones never seem that fast. It's because they are all autos owned by fat old cunts because a v8 commo is the car you buy when you have a bit of money in NZ. Then one day you see one do an actual pull, the ls roars and it hauls ass. Then you realise, oh yeah those things have nearly 400hp but for some reason I just forgot

It's slower but not exactly slow when overheating. It locks you to about 200kW, or 270HP. It can still cruise near its max speed with the limit enabled, it just takes longer to get there

audi s4

yup
youtube.com/watch?v=UVXa6i3iqHw

>first four images are 'merican

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>jeep-fiat
>american

>jaguar-tata
>british

lamborghini-vw
>italian

They own the companies under them, they don't design shit.

fuck you and your chrome windows you spastic cunt fuck ya

key your car cunt my Audi A4 is good as ya dog slut fucked your mum for the pills in her bedside table

Ronald

I've been looking into buying one of these.
Does anyone have a cutie like this ?
How dies it drive, hows the experience, anything i need to watch out for etc

>insert any sleeper here
But stock I would get Nissan Stagea

U wot?

Yeah these.

SVR, has the motor from the F-type R in it.

Be cool to build a green one with a black roof.

you got that backwards m8