>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Wood Elves Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

5 Minutes of Gameplay (Morghur confirmed!)
youtube.com/watch?v=-9M33Idbm5k

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Last thread:

>Total War: Warhammer provided the perfect opportunity to bring back Avatar Conquest
>CA didn't do it

I just want to make my own custom night goblin general and conquer the Old World.

G O B L I N S

Goblins...

That would require effort on CA's behalf

We'll always be friends, won't we, Gobbla?

>Atilla Total War
>playing as Franks
>finally conquer the Saxons
>look around for more conquests
>all of Gaul and Spain is ruins
>every single settlement
How did this happen?

Avatar campaign conquest: regional occupation

hopefully

Way too costly for something that only 5% of their audience plays.

feel like warhammer and it's expansions are gonna be Rome 2 and Attila/AoC.
First game is really bad/cash cow try to improve it via updates.
next Game improves upon the first one in almost every way and become amazing.
does /twg/ agree?

Typical cornercutting as expected of CA. Their million dollar seller filled to the brim with DLC that's selling like hotcakes doesn't have the luxury of time or budget for effort to be put into it.

The AI loves to raze and the countless Roman civil wars and separatism fucked those regions over.

Guinea pig

A cash cow is from something established and will clearly do well based on some pedigree while Warhams was way more of a risk given the companies history. Also kind of a proof of concept of a lot of changes necessary to the TW structure in order to make it work.

Subsequent DLC's have been gettting better and better so I would imagine that the expansions will continue that trend.

Which Total War offers most variety in tactics?

Rome 1

I miss the old Warhammer lore, when Bretonnia was dominate against the Empire, who were on the verge of being conquered by those noble grail knights.

>loved warhammer so far
>expansions will be even better

fuck yes I will agree with this if it becomes true

What I'm excited to see is if the whole expansions plugging together thing really works and imagining what could be done with future TWs.

Image how long the fucking load times will be when every race is added to the game.

>tfw I hope CA figures something out to make load times less ass

I guarantee they won't though.

Warhammer is already a great title.

You have a very skewed view. 1 million sales is not that much for a company with hundreds of employees and while dlc sales may be good for the series, you better believe they are in the tens of thousands at best.

Plenty of time for you to save up $40 for a solid state drive.

what is the point of aspiring champions

They buff Marauder troops, and wreck (as in absolutely destroy) weak infantry lines. There pretty cost efficient too.)

>Gobbo Archers

Are far superior to Orc Arrer Boyz. Also, when is CA adding the Bloody Sun Boyz subfaction?

This, Aspiring champions are great against most non elite infantry. And they'll hold the line against a lot of other stuff just the same.

アセル・ローレンでは永遠のお茶会が行なわれています。その鮮やかな緑の中で「働いたら負け」は常識です。まさにNEET天国であります。その恵されたところではアリエルが永遠に森の平和を見張っています。

外の世界は辛い頑張りで苦しんでいる。苦しめば、苦しんでいるほど、NEETエルフの理想なのんびり王国を恨んでいるですがその恨んでいる過労死社会はアセル・ローレンに触れておくことさえできません。

まるで外の世界が存在してないのようで今日もお茶会が続いています。神隠しされた純粋少年がお茶入れたり森の妖精がそそっかしくに光っています。笑い声が夜更けまで響いています。

時期にNEETエルフが来ます

how da fuck do I play Empire? My line of halberds never holds for long enough and micro-ing guns is a pain and I hate it.

Pike units when?

Halberds are shit vs anything that isnt large.

Halberds aren't supposed to hold the line. They're supposed to be mobile rapid response units that stab giant monsters in the butt.

1 general. 19 steam tanks.

But shield and spears are so boring...

PIKES WHEN!!!!!

Place ya bets, boys and girls

>having to micro is boring
>I just want the enemy to run into my ranks and die
Fuck off, retard.

I bet the yari samurai win.

>intentionally bring public order down in an enemy region to start a rebellion as chaos
>spawned army is hostile to ME
for what purpose

Takayama Norifuji is our guy

So Empire and vamps are getting a new hero unit?

It's Chaos, what are you expecting? Sleep overs and Kumbayas?

Protip: rebels are hostile to EVERYONE.

>Expecting anyone to be friends with literally satan

yatta

how'd you manage winning so good?

Made them walk to me, had the high ground, charged downhill, had a big dick.

Probably got the charge.

>when Bretonnia was dominate against the Empire, who were on the verge of being conquered by those noble grail knights

Shit that never happened/10

How do I deploy volleyguns when I don't have a hill?

center of your battle line or on the flanks

you could also keep them behind your main force and then move them behind the enemy on the flank to hit them from the back

Which of the Dwarf ranger units are most efficient/useful?

What mods you got senpai

It was true in earlier editions.

>Playing Rome 1, be newfag
>The Gallic Faction Heir lays siege on a settlement I just moved into
>he's got 1200 men with him
What he didn't know is that in addition to the 500 in the settlement, I have another 500 just outside waiting to ambush
>atttack him, forcing him to split his army between the force I'm controlling and the reinforcements from the settlement
Ended up completely routing him, he left with 400 men while I lost 150, mostly because the friendly AI isn't the greatest.
>tfw advancing into Gallic territories, the Gauls ask for a ceasefire
>make them give me the town I was about to siege
>The Gallic Heir attacks me again with 500 men, only to leave with 200
I've just reached the new territory I was going after, and it's only defenses are this Gaul shit and his 180 men. Can't wait to finally end this shitter after him fucking with me for so long.

pic unrelated from another battle I had, this time with a pack of rebels sitting outside that same city the Gauls tried to siege. He was the last barbarian on the field at this time.

I love this game, cant wait to move onto some of the newer entries.
>tfw got everything from Rome to Rome II

>not getting medieval 1
pleb

none

pleb
patricians only play shogun 1

Medieval 1 is a straight upgrade mechanically. I'm pretty sure you can even get a mod to play Shogun in Medieval.

empire 2 when

Glad you're having fun, user. It's one hell of a fun series.

Well, if you have belegar with a master engineer (and runelords) you can turn all of the ranger units into absolute rape machines, but for other LLs just stick with the ones with Great weapons. IN my opinion at least.

>playing chaos
this has convinced me to get a mod that disables hostile agent actions desu lads

War weariness is a great idea, whats dumb is that it accrues even while you are winning. Shit should only apply while bad stuff is happening. You literally get punished for winning battles continuously.

You talking about in AoC? Because I've only seen it increase when I lose battles.

MY GODS CALL

I am an idiot, I added it to the regular attila, it really fucks up a WRE campaign, nvm im a mong.

>opening cinematic will only include first 4 factions

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Fill in the blank

Our horses love _____!

people will call you a fucking scribe but 2bh my familyfam it's a good idea.

succ

COME ON MEN, FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO LIVE!

Pontus

Elector Counts

I want to see how they're gonna make it a standalone product. Gonna be some weird maps.

Vlad

Does anyone else have this bug where it seems that rank 3 of perks for Legendary Lords don't work? I can get a +10% HP Boost for rank 2 but rank 3 still gives only the rank 2 shit for it.

So im thinking about getting Attila. Do you guys recommend it? I know it's a basic improvement over Rome two, but how much is it improved? Should I get warhammer or shogun instead?

Also I don't like the warhammer setting, so it's unlikely I'll get it.

Mortors vs rockets, which is most cost effective?

hay

I'VE BECOME SO NUMB

Give me the rundown on Empire's mages senpai. Are they worth it?

>mortar
+ can lob bombs over battlelines into the enemys back
- slow rate of fire
>rockets
+ barrages disrupt enemy lines
- linear firing arc and spread

both have their uses, rockets are not a direct upgrade of mortars

So I just picked the "easy" Shogunate faction and notice I start with traditional armies. Should I be using them or shift to modern armies right away?

Autism speaks.

Shogun + FotS is better all around, Attila if you like Rome and Charlie.

Get it now whilst it's on sale if you want it. The game + all the DLC is around £20/$25/€24.

It's pretty good, it brings back some of the "complex" elements of Total War games including a lot of micro management, but there's definitely a tonne of content there. Additionally, it's got some really promising medieval mods coming up, so check steam workshop and the mod sites to see what piques your interest.

Warhammer on the other hand is a unique experience, it's a lot simpler than other total war in its' management aspect, but there's such a masive change on the battlefield due to all the races of the warhammer factions, and the DLC policy is hit-and-miss. I'd wait for Total Warhammer to become more of a sale item if you're not that interested, when you get get all the game and the DLC for cheap, until then Attila would do you fine.

Immediately upgrading is a common mistake. Traditional infantry, even the cheapest and shittiest levy, will reliably win in melee 100% of the time. It's just a case of getting them in to the fight before they're shot full of holes.

Also bow units actually outrange guns and are arguably even more lethal.

O-oh... ok user...

Alright Attila it is. It would be nice to make Rome great again. Though I'll probably just play the medieval mods and pretend it's medieval 3

It's a lot better than warhammer

Who /comfy/ up in here

>hit-and-miss
you sure about that? last few DLC seem to be pretty good, along with the new one not looking to be too bad either. At this rate, people who just bash on Warhammer for its 'dlc policy' are just ignorant

Jesus that looks super cozy. All you need is a cat or dog at the end of the bed

How do you see shit and how do you use a mouse without fucking up half the time?

approximately how long do you think it will take for wood elves to go on sale after it releases

WAAAGH!!

The older titles have a lot of polish to them, they're still extremely fun to play. But man are you gonna have a blast when you get to Shogun 2.

In that case, what should my army builds look like at the beginning? Apparently I'm allowed extra yugekitai units which just seem like Gallic Hunters from R2.

6 months

how's that comfy?