>prepare for insurance anal raping
>budget of £7500 or so for car

>400bhp BMW M5, 340bhp BMW M3, 450bhp Audi RS6
>£19000+ insurance quotes
>hmm ok
>400bhp Jag XJR, 240bhp BMW 330i, 290bhp 540i
>£2100-ish insurance quotes
>interesting

Why the fuck do (((performance))) models of cars have a 10x hike in insurance rates? I find it hard to believe a 340bhp M3 can possibly be 10x the risk factor as a 290bhp 540i.

Obviously I'm not actually looking to buy any of said performance cars, as I'd be bankrupt in a week thanks to maintenance, but fuck, anything with a performance badge is uninsurable unless you're over 25. Looks like its back to my 1.0 diesel shitbox, and I'll be careful to avoid those speed cameras.

theft target, cost of repairs if in an accident and fact that performance models are the ones usually driven like... performance models
also people who can spend more on the expensive models can usually afford to fork out more for insurance

>insurance is a scam
>insurance in the uk is even bigger scam
whats new

>Be in NZ on learner plates
>$50/m insurance
>Pass restricted test, insurance doubles

Watwatwat.

wait am i reading that right?

15thousands fucking bongdoos for INSURANCE alone?

Lol i wonder why

young drivers aged 18-25 absolutely rape insurance

Yep, and thats with a black box making sure you never speed, brake or accelerate too harshly. You'll need to pay 19000 to convince them you're a big boy and won't drive too dangerously.

>p plater in aus
>3k a year to insure car i paid 6k for

Nigga I'm 29.

Please tell me your joking?

God europe is cucked

When aussies turn 22-25 its like a right of passage to get the biggest turbo/v8 and slam mad skids

picked up my v8 dunnydoor for fucken $4000 dollarydoos and pay $1300aud a year for compo insurnace and extras and $600 for rego a year

Ok, that's disgusting.

It's just certain cars they don't like, I don't know why. When I first passed my test I wanted a mk4 Golf but the insurance rates for a complete cuck engine like the SDI (15 seconds to 60) were just astronomical.

Is that yours?

Always wanted to do this to my cressy but i got rid of it as it cost like $1500-3000+ alone for a decent jz half cut or motor itself so i was like yeah nah ill just go v8 and be done with it

oh god those google chrome tabs got me

Nah I wish. I'm just some loser cunt riding around in a hardtop NA MX5 with sticky tyres.

>be britfaggot
>be 23
>have 1 year no claims
>live in a bad area
>no points no accidents etc
>1 parent on policy
>insure 300hp S2 I've had for 4 years comprehensive
>costs me 800 quid

Well lad

I noticed if you've owned the car for a while the rate comes down.

>Drive a VY
>Pay $500/year for 3rd party Fire and theft
Sometime having a cheap car has its benefits.

>Please tell me your joking?

He's probably at the age and car combination where the car has a 25% chance of being in an accident each year. While that is obnoxious, where that high rate comes from is out of that 25% chance of an accident, 10% of those accidents involved injury to OTHER people of which 5% of those sued for over 100,000 pounds compensation or some other value.

Not always is insurance doing you injustice. Look at the high rate as a blessing. It is keeping him from probably having a serious accident on his record that involved injury to another person.

If you have no claims bonus then it isn't close to that. I am 24, licence since 17 and 5 years no claims at the start of my policy on an E46 330i and I pay £320 for the year.

Can insure an E46 M3 for £840 a year or an E39 M5 for £730 a year.

OP is bait, if you are 21 with no no claims and expecting to drive an M3 you are living in fantasy land.

>007
what did he mean by this 007?

>OP is bait, if you are 21 with no no claims and expecting to drive an M3 you are living in fantasy land.

pic related is the exact same quote as the OP, but with no claims and 4 years NCB, what next buddy?

Where do you live? That is far too expensive, give me a minute and I will run some quotes with my details but at 21

Newcastle, and not a bad area of it by any means.

When I change my date of birth from 1996 to 1995 it goes down from like 15 grand to pic related.

Done, do you live in the middle of London or something?

Thats mine with 10k a year mileage, car on the drive, and my Dad on as a named driver.

Maybe the just blanket all of Newcastle or any big city with the same risk category. I am in Aberdeen so thats a village in comparison.

I think you might be right about my area being shitty. It isn't even bad but I sat once and just picked random addresses from Google maps and was able to get insurance way cheaper.

pic related is if I said my crash happened a year sooner than it happened, and that I'm a year older than I am. Still no NCB and have owned the car I'm quoting for 0 days. It makes 13,000 grand in difference, must be some magic age you need to be to drive a silly car.

2 grand is a lot but given the circumstances it's not so bad.

Oh you have had a claim? I figured you hadn't had a car up til now / were a named driver. That won't help either.

That sucks man. If you can insure a 330i for cheaper then I would go for something like that for a year or 2 until silly stuff comes down to sensible prices. Anything with an "M" badge on it will be a massive red flag to them

Ye but claim or not it doesn't seem to make a huge deal of difference, like I said I think there must be a cut off for age.

If I say I was born in October 1995 they want £2000, if I say I was born in December 1995 they want £10700. I knew insurance went down when you turn 21 but I didn't know it made that big a difference. Guess I'll just wait till next year.

I just paid £2600 to insure an s13 for a year

Dude because with learners you are supposed to have a supervisor with you at all times presumably your parent. On restricted you are on your own and can limmy dump 1st up the road without mumsy having a go at you.

>Why the fuck do (((performance))) models of cars
>performance

there you go m8, you're better off just getting a £600 e46 and swapping over the m3 running gear and dont tell anyone insure it as a 316

Can't wait to get my first car and pay more to insure it than I spent on buying it.

Fuck this country.

Just get a nice car that is worth insuring. £500 BMW>£500 Shitroen C2.

bongistan insurance is insane but in cases like this it's a scare tactic, they dont want your business

My jap st205 was £1200 at 20 with a year's no claims and a recorded accident.

Buy a warm hatch (less than 150 bhp) and wait a few years op.

>Britfag
>22 (Was 21 when insured)
>1 years No claims
>No accidents
>Bike worth £5000
>13 months old (as of today)
>Restricted (lol license laws)
>Live in a good part of a bad-ish area (E* rated I believe. F* is worst)
>Garaged at home
>Dad as named rider (30+ years ncd + experience)

£1k for 3rd party, fire and theft. They wanted double for fully comp. Better hope I don't crash.

This.

Afaik they can't deny anyone insurance, so they just up the price for undesirables.

Also, 29, full bonus, £1450/y, full coverage, 20k kms on my e46 m3.

My suggestion is to buy a nice, reasonable every-day vehicle that is cheap to insure, and buy a second shittier car that's still cheap to insure and modify the fuck out of it to make it fast.

This desu. Those quotes which are several grand basically mean "we don't want to insure you". I've never seen quotes of close to 20k though, that's kind of impressive.

Most I've ever paid was £1080 (24yrs, no NCB, MX5 1.8l, ghetto postcode, fully comp)

We should all pitch in and make our own insurance company desu.

>make it cheap as fuck to everyone
>advertise it everywhere
>only insure people who never crashed
>anyone who does crash, cancel the insurance and blacklist them.

>be me, American
>buy 200hp fwd gaylude at 18
>insurance is 600 a year.
Get on my fucking level cunts.

>Why the fuck do (((performance))) models of cars have a 10x hike in insurance rates? I find it hard to believe a 340bhp M3 can possibly be 10x the risk factor as a 290bhp 540i.

Because 21 year old kids who buy stupidly over powered cars are more likely to do fucking stupid shit with them and cause accidents. The assume that if you buy a 400hp car you're probably going to be driving it like a 400hp car regardless of if you claim to keep the thing in a garage 99% of the time.

It doesn't matter if the cost to replace the car is only 7500 they're betting if you do fuck something up there is going to be considerably more property damage than the car is worth.

The fact that you even have to ask this is the reason why you are getting raped on rates.

I had to pay 900€/year for my '90 fwd 2.1 turbo diesel shitbox with a measly 75hp
help

>WAT Insurance
>black box monitors your drift angle
>insurance gets more expensive if you drive too slow

>they dont want your business

Of course they don't want business from anyone that has a high chance of getting expensive personal injury claims against them. So they amp up their rates and discourage those people from getting a policy.

You have a similar situation in america albeit with medical insurance. Statistically, the top 5% consume half of all medical care expenses. Who wants to insure those? No one unless it's the military, police, fire, or other municipality with mandatory full coverage. But in those cases the taxpayers are the ones paying. Until obamacare came along, the insurance companies found ways to reject accepting those types of guaranteed non-profitable high-cost customers. It's just that there is less regulation in the auto insurance business than with medical insurance.

I like this.

You'll be a prime candidate for management when this company takes off.

>turbo
>35.7hp/l

fug

You britbongs think you have it tough? Try being a young male in Ireland. I'm going to be paying around 3k for a fucking 1.4 jazz when I pass my test.

Because insurance companies know everyone in Ireland is topped full of Guinness.