Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

Let's try again, shall we?

Soon.

But not really.

Because you faggots wanted dual audio.

>tfw want to play EOV NoA version
>can't play it because WWIII is in a few months

Will it come out before P5 though?

>ww3
hillary didnt become president though so get out of the bunker and go on an adventure

>was adventuring inside a shelter
>had 3ds plugged into generator
>didnt have ventilation
>almost died while on an adventure

I haven't been here in a few months, what have I missed?

Nothing, we are still surviving

We have barely enough Nectars to make it to late 2017

We should go gather some flowers then.

Grimoires are kind of cool.

I like them.

Are grimoire stones more or less fun in EO2U than they are in EO1U?

They are better in EO2U since they fixed most of the issues the first game had.

Better in EOU2.

If you use the pastebin (if they are still there) you can use QR codes to trade up your useless grimoires for shit you can use.

also with the in-game town building shit you can also trade up grimoires and such for better grimoires. but this is RNG and what you can get cycles

What are the issues that EO1U grimoires have?

They're massively RNG reliant, but I don't feel like I'm missing out if I don't have an interesting Grimoire, rather I feel like I have an extra toy on the side with a good one.

In a similar vein, when I get to endgame (currently standing in front of Fenrir), is it a wise decision to build around Grimoire skills like Dragon Fang rather than a character's default skills?

They are way to random to get the one you need at the level you need.

About skills like Dragon Fang, it doesn't hurt to have them, but you probably going to want to collect Action Boost grimoire before anything else.

just got the game recently, upto the part about fenrir wolves. how many more hours this game got in it?

Tons.

Like 60-+100

You're on Stratum one of five, plus a sixth endgame Stratum.

Tons.

Just finished up story mode in EO:U. Will starting a classic mode game let me use my story characters without losing level?

You can pretty much select what you want or what do you don't want to transfer to classic mode

I just died to Fenrir.

How bad am I, really?

What did we learn?
What skills did you not like?
Did you use those sound items?

Some people are saying that I wont be able to use the original characters until I start Classic Game+

>What did we learn? + What skills did you not like?
Poison Dust is not worth casting.
Cold Fang is dangerous to the back line, not the front line.
Analysis is a good idea to cast on turn one.
Binds do not seem to be terribly effective.
Simon deals insignificant damage with Flame Formula.

>Did you Sonic Bomb?
I did not, he never went into his defensive stance.

>>Did you Sonic Bomb?
>I did not, he never went into his defensive stance.
I think he is saying about the item that prevent FOEs from joining a battle for a turn.

>The party was blindsided!
Defend this

Preemptive attacks.

tried to masturbate to teach
didnt finish
but finished to arbalists

Which one?

A premptive attack is nowhere near as positive as a blindside is negative and they occur as frequently as eachother

"A preemptive attack is nowhere near as positive as a blindside is negative"
Are you a bit fucked in the head or something?

>not greentexting
A preemptive attack makes an encounter a little less dangerous than normal since you're guaranteed to get your buffs up. A blindside will inevitably end with your healer getting oneshot by whatever beefy strongmob the stratum has.

>Not greentexting
It's been a while!
Please, [Do not Bully the Mentally Deficient.]!

>Inevitably end with healer becoming kaputz
One in five chance of healer becoming kaputz*.

You realize you can just have your tank use AoE defensive skill du jour and have everyone else use defend to wait the first turn out, right?

Assuming there are no apocalypse-mode mobs like Muskoids with a timer on a team wipe, and if there ARE then I guess you're fucked hey?

But you often can't just defend, you have to heal up and apply defensive buffs and occasionally use items instead of attacking on your damage members if you're really fucked and it can set you back loads of turns costing most TP resources and items. A preemptive is just ending a fight with one less enemy turn than the usual encounter which isn't often a threat.

Upgraded your teach.

Delete this

So this is what happens when you Kupalate?

I need the Hexer comic with all the bears.

Look at these funny nippons having fun at the EO concert.......

:"^(

A preemptive means a free win, since player characters can usually set up insane turns with one round of initiative.

The results is a massively reduced HP, TP and item cost for a battle, which makes dungeoneering far easier.

If anything, I'd say preemptive battles are more advantageous than a blindside.

When are we getting EOV?
When are we getting EOIIIU?

When will my dad come home?

what is this?

It's from the Etrian Odyssey Live Concert last Wednesday Nov 23rd.
Got some pics by looking at the #sqlive2016 on Twitter.

In EO1U, how do most people build their gunners? It seems like there's a decent build that involves a bunch of buffs like Vulcan Stance and somehow buffing Freddy's crits, but that's just using normal attacks.

I'm imagining most people would go for a Ricochet build in a similar vein to EO4's Squall Valley Snipers?

Action Boost, Elemental skills and Ricochet

Does EO general double as a dungeoncrawler general?

once upon a time...

I fucking did it guys, I managed to 100% EO1. Now I can finally get a Town Crown for my EO2 guild.

Also how should I build a Hexer? Revenge builds seem kinda overpowered and really annoying to manage so I'd like to avoid it if possible. Evil Eye sounds really fun but not sure how useful it is throughout the game. Also are binds and debuffs good on Hexer?

>adventurers slaughtered her entire race for no reason other than just because and got away with it
The absolute madmen.

Am I human garbage for dungeoneering on picnic, and only doing F.O.E's / Bosses on Expert?

Do we slaughter her race in EO1 or EO1U?

I love you for who you are, user

No, they sacrifice themself (in story mode)

Then... where did this "slaughter" nonsense come into play?

Original game and in the remake, you slaughter most of them, not almost all of them

ded

Vulcan stance, High caliber, double strike at level 40. Then get to work on action boost.

Simon should use maxed diagnosis. Highlander should use maxed bloody offense.

Played EO 3, 4 and u2. Only finished 4, as I lost the save for 3 and having a hiatus from 2.
I really don't like story mode, and it turned me away when it initally released. But in 1u, is it that much better? I don't care for any of the characters, and the voice action is pain for my ears. Is it still worth doing Story for extra boss and dungeon?

nah
just play classic

>But in 1u, is it that much better?
Id say story mode is a must in the first one.
The new dungeon/bosses and items are story mode only.
They fixed this in the second Untold

Yeah, made my own party in 2u. Hm, getting conflicting messages. Really dunno.

If you don't mind missing content, play just classic mode in the first one

ded

Just a reminder that Himukai grew up and had better tastes because of it.

You can too.

ded

Why can't people appreciate EO?

no flashy "good job" macros going off every 3 seconds
no 5 minute long attack 3d animations
no ingame cash shop to dress up your characters
no auto saves
no marriages or romance options
no open world

>no more lolis

No instant dopamine.

I get pretty tingly when I see a skill point I forgot about, maybe that's just me though.

You're not alone. I'm saying most people aren't gonna have any patience for first-person view, drawing maps, or wiping on the first floor.

>check Custom to plan out the next skills
>forgot to assign a skill point to this character because I was too focused on a quest
>the rest of the party also has an extra skill point
Almost ecstasy.

Are we ever going to get EOU3?

You can't upgrade perfection.

EO1 and EO2 were a good hard challenge

3 and 4 were both hold your hand easy

U1 and U2 were a good hard challenge

I'm hoping U3 isn't hold your hand easy

Well the thing is they have a choice weather to go back to story mode or have it just be classic party building.
EOV made yuge improvements to the party building mechanics. You can't have that with a story mode party... or can you?

Teach is for making into a mother.

Teach a shit.
A single mother who probably abuse her offspring

Wouldn't be an Untold without a shoehorned story mode. On the note of U3, I wonder if some of the second names are gonna be re-branded sub-class setups from the original..

Story mode but not a full 5 cast.
2 are perm hero and heroin, the rest are switchable, with their own voices like EOV

I don't want you to get hurt

Good Night thread

I like pain

EOV english patch when

Teach is best girl?

gn

For how long have the thread beem semi-dying?

like a week or two after eo2u was released

send help

I beat EO4 ages ago, I kinda want to replay it, as it is a fun game. Should I just do a new game+, or start from scratch?
Also, Bandanashark is my favorite EO girl, but I am kinda tired of linking and sharking. Dont care much for the bow-class in 4. Is there any teams I can run that have good synergy (with no lands and bow'ers)?
I remember liking my lands/dancer/rune setup I had

start from scratch
hexer and dark hunter synergise well