He ran a red light

>my light was green going about 45 - 50MPH
>guy ran a red light turning left
>I T-Bone him

So his insurance claimed full responsibility of the accident and they just put out the estimate on my car and I'm pretty pissed.

They want to do $14,000 worth of repairs on a $20,000 car and I have $13,000 left on my loan, why the fuck don't they deem it as a total loss?

>Advice please, what do I do?

I KNOW WHERE THAT IS

You want some help goy?

I thought if cost of repairs reach 75% of the cars cost they are supposed to total the car?

I'd just say total. There is no way that car is saveable

Because you have $13,000 left on a loan for a $20K car, you're way too upside down in that investment, no insurance company would pay total loss for your situation.

That shit will never be the same.
The lines will be fucked up.

That's fucked, especially since they claimed full responsibility. There dumb ass insurance holder ran the red light on me.
Here's more pictures 1/8

That's kind of scummy to do I feel like, make someone drive a fucked up car like that just because the car is mostly the bank's when the accident happened.

That's how insurance companies work, though. If you owe more than a car is worth, they'll almost never pay total loss for the vehicle. I've never seen a case where they do.

2/8

What if the car is legit unrepairable? Like it was on fire or something

3/8
So am I fucked?

What if he takes a loan, pays the car loan?

Would that be able to get him the full price?

4/8

5/8

6/8

The car I hit

I've never seen a case where a car is completely, totally fucked and the owner is upside-down with a loan. If I had to guess, total loss would probably be called for, there are no excuses.

In my experience, yeah. Car loans are really risky for good reason.

Doubt it; a bank will never approve a loan that pays another loan that you're not struggling to pay in the first place...

Doesn't necessarily need to be another bank, maybe a relative or friend.

Question is, if he fully pays the car loan, can get he get a total loss on his car?

Hm. Problem is, an insurance company will never straight up tell you "hey the reason we're doing this is cause you have a debt that's worth more than the car", they'll just refuse to pay total loss. If he did get the money to somehow payoff the car loan, I don't think there's any real way to confront the insurance company, since they'll never directly tell you why they don't pay total loss.

I'm just going to tell the insurance company tomorrow that I'm not taking anything less than a total loss,

>I'm never going to be able to sell my car for the price it's worth because of the accident on the record
>won't drive the same because the frame is all fucked and who knows what else
>$14,000 worth of repairs on a 13,000 loan

I might as well just take that money they want to do on repairs and break even, either way I feel like I'm getting fucked. Can I sue the insurance company?

Had something similar happen to me a year ago.
A fucker ran a red light and hitted the backside of my car (right at the back wheels).
Insurance decided that is not totalled and payed for repairs.
They replaced the rear axle, rear bumper, trunk and a shitload of other stuff. Car still looks wrong.
The trunk is not really alligned with the rest of the car, neither is the rear taillight.
After a month I went with the car at a mechanic for a wheel alignment and he told me that the front wheels and back wheels are not quite on the same track.
Went back to the insurance company and went through a lot of bullshit and still nothing.
Car still fucked but still drivable.

that's fucked up

I know. Sued them and all that.
The case is still pending. The reparations were done at a repair shop of their choosing.
The rear axle that was installed is already rusting (rest of the car is 10 y/o and no sign of rust anywhere) and the frame is fucked.
My lawyer says that we have a low chance of winning it.

>Anaheim/Orange
Let me guess... the guy was some beaner.

>being upside down on a car
>not looking both ways before entering the intersection
>buying a new econobox instead of a civic for 3k
You should probably kill yourself.

Why would someone finance anything that's not a house?

And even then only do that partially.

HIRE A JEW LAWYER BEFORE YOU ACCEPT ANY MONEY

You should have went to the hospital. That way you'd get more money from insurance.

This.

But AFAIK anywhere in the US they can't force you to use any particular repair service so they'll just cut you a check for the $14,000 and you can pay off the car. There's also most likely a law where you can get two additional estimates on the cost of "repair" and they have to pay the lower of the two. It seems like you're being dragged into one of those "convenience" insurance companies where "we do everything for you including repairs" but in reality they just have a whole crooked syndicate of tow trucks, rental cars and shitty garages. You can always bank on people to let things happen if it seems "easier" even though they have the right not to get swept away like that.

The magic words in this case are "I think I'm going to have it towed to the dealership to get their opinions - and maybe talk to an attorney" remember the car belongs to you even if the insurance company is acting like it's theirs right now they will likely just offer to total it if you make them feel like they might have to go to court. Court is expensive.

Did OP not purchase GAP insurance?
This is why you do that.

Fuck that intersection it's the worst

That car is 150% fucked.

depends on state. nevada for example it's 65% of value - there is absolutely nothing you can do to get it totaled if it does not reach this number.
insurance companies give absolutely no fucks about your loan. you could owe 25k on a car worth 10, and if they deem it totaled, you're getting a check(or the finance company) for 10k and stuck with the other 15k in payments. the amount owed has absolutely no bearing on it being totaled or not, just the value of the car pre accident.

You don't need gap insurance if you're not a faggot that buys a car they can't afford.

Same thing happened with my pathfinder. Faggot ran a red light and t-boned me. In my case they totaled it but it was almost paid off.

OP here yeah I went to the ER, they also said they are gonna pay me back for loss wage
I do have GAP insurance, I just thought that only worked if for example I owe $13,000 on a car that's worth $10,000
Yeah he was some 18 year old Mexican kid

Sorry for your loss user

>$14,000 worth of repairs on a $20,000
>why the fuck don't they deem it as a total loss?
Idiot

im assuming thats the initial estimate, once the shop gets into it and starts ripping it apart they will most likely find more things broken that arnt on the estimate and it will probably total out from looking at the pictures. ive seen cars come into our shop that dont look nearly as bad get totaled out.

Is that strut mount bent up?

Fuck that should be totaled. That frame is so dicked

What company do you have and what company did the spic have?

That thing is fucked. Massive front subframe and rad cradle damage. Airbags deployed.

It's
FUCKED
U
C
K
E
D

If theres an option to, why dont you just take the money, pay off the loan, and junk that shit? Check kbb values and stuff to see what your car is actually worth? How much you owe on a loan or bought the car for isnt the current market value. But you should try to jew them, mention the extremely reduced resale value they will need to compensate you for. Mention that a rebuilt vehicle has approximately half the value of a clean one. Tell them you dont want the vehicle repaired and would like them to purchase it at kbb book value

This.
>Insurance company chooses to pay $14k instead of $20k.
>I don't understand.
Perhaps you should work on your math skills.

Thats why you buy gap insurance if you make a financially irresponsible decision like financing a new car

When's the last time you changed the oil?

That's their estimate, retard, it's not the actual damage to the car, it's obvious the car is fucked, can't you see?

Take the check and shut the fuck up. You lucked out. Now you can go buy a car that you can afford.

>45-50mph
was it over the limit?

anyway. call your insurance and have their kike lawyer at it.

OP here there saying it's a possible loss and that I should hear back from them in a couple days

that will buff out.

I know where that is. The other driver mustve been pissed at the lights always being red. i fucking hate buena park so much

oh wait wrong city. isnt that the street with all the automated cameras?

exactly what i said here

That poor Mazda.

Was this in Orange County? I live in Anaheim lol might know this place

GAP will cover the rest of your loan bro.

But the thing is 14k in repairs wont fix this car, it would be in the insurance company's best interest to total it so they dont have to worry about other expenses like a rental car for OP while it takes 2 months to get it fixed to sub par standards.

Damn, sorry bro

Go get an estimate at a good body shop. The estimate will be for more than $20k and they will have to total it out. Insurance companies cannot dictate where your repair is done.

>of their choosing.
If you live in the US that was your mistake

This.

Anyone who buys a new car is upside down on their loan the minute they drive it off the lot.

Almost literally the same thing happened to me a couple years ago with my Sentra.

Faggot 16 year old was driving a 95 Montero at 11pm with like half a dozen friends in his vehicle, ran a red light turning left. I t-boned his driver side at 45-50 mph.

His insurance company was being an even bigger faggot about it, weren't contacting my company or me about the accident at all after the kid/his parents never opened a claim on the accident. My insurance ended up declaring it a total loss and filed a lawsuit against the other company or something.

>why the fuck don't they deem it as a total loss?

Do not use the insurance company's Concierge Service if it has one. That is a fad with companies to reduce their costs by increasing their unfair options. They will choose the company that gives them the estimate they like. Instead, you want to find a company on their list of body shops for which they pay full estimate value. Then get estimates from all of them and hope one is so high that the insurance company totals it out.

You will have to check your total insured expenses if it is close. Most policies set a limit on rental cars to either 20 days or 30 days with a max rental reimbursement of either $40, $48, or $60. So check your policy or rather THEIR policy ha ha. If you have head ache that can add another $400 but they will require you to sign some quitclaim form which gives up your rights to sue for medical.

What will raise the costs for them is if you get a lawyer. In some cases, that forces them to cave in immediately but they may simply choose to fight it out if their lawyers don't have a full case load. If they're full, they're not going to hire more lawyers so they cave in those situations.

It's a shame the accident caught you while you were upside down on the loan.

Good luck.