FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

>Audi reportedly cheated gas engine emissions tests, too

>The California Air Resources Board has reportedly discovered that even more VW-Group vehicles were cheating emissions tests. The WSJ and Reuters (via German paper Bild) are talking about how regulators have found software in Audi cars that effectively masked their CO2 output under examination. The revelations were apparently made up to four months ago, but neither Volkswagen, Audi or CARB have made the news public.

engadget.com/2016/11/07/audi-reportedly-cheated-gas-engine-emissions-tests-too/

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cars/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>reportedly

not much of a car guy but isnt it common sense/knowledge that all manufacturers pull specs out of their ass, cars, pc stuff, sport equipment etcetc?

nah it's true they had some device detect when the car was on a bench with the angle of the car or smth

How is this surprising if they use the exact same engines as VW?

that's different they actually a made a device to cheat a test
they should have bride someone

I honestly hope they go bankrupt
Fuck Audi, VW and their fanbase

CARB is retarded anyways along with being corrupt fucks that needs to be disbanded
CO2 literally depends on fuel usage

>reduce ur emissions or else ill be mad
>sure faggots we'll reduce our emissions
>they dont actually do it
>retards in california celebrate 900000 billion less emissions and start making queer graphs showing how a huge slump in one thing or another correlates with the new emissions standards
>meanwhile vw and co are laughing their asses off because literally nothing has changed

Yes, they can also be modest about specs too, theyre always lying.

Dutch governmental testing services found the follow cars to be tampered with for emissions testing.

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Van
Jeep Grand Cherokee Van
Hyundai I40
Kia Cee'd
Kia Optima
Chevrolet Aveo
Chevrolet Cruze
Chevrolet Orlando
Suzuki SX4
Suzuki Vitara
Volvo XC90

I.e

Everyone does it, the failing states of the US & A are just going about zealously in some form and shape of a political spiel.

I.e

America can't compete on the international car market.

> BILD
lol

why? explain yourself

shit cars for shit people

>fwd
>""""""luxury"""""""
>overpriced
>terrible reliability
>bland styling & design

FCA
Kia
Hyundai
Chevy
Suzuki

Shitboxes made by shitbox companies. Not surprising.

>no Ford
BTFO!!!!!!!
How will the rest of the world ever recover? Will anyone ever be able to compete?

Too poor and dorky for even a VW

Literally worse than their competition in every way and only sells because of "muh German engineering" memes

CARB is going to ban sales of new guzzoline/diesel vehicles in the state in 2030.

of course by then it will be essentially mexico.

Instead having an emission standard that you must pass to be street legal.

They should just set tax to emissions of your car. the more you pollute the more you pay, and what you pays grows exponentially.

so bad polluting cars become too expensive for anyone but the vastly wealthy.

market will demand low emission vehicle.

You mean like in yurop, where everyone is now forced to drive 1.0l cuckboxes because that's all they can afford? Yeah, no thanks.

Poorfags hate paying for luxury.
Just got my scirocco for 10k and its a blast.

But VAG keeps Porsche alive, and I don't want the only brad that consistantly makes good driver's cars to die.

>Bankrupt
When will idiots stop parroting this?

Even if this is disastrous for VAG (again), they're in no danger whatsoever of bankruptcy. Absolute worst case, they pull out of the American market, and even that's unlikely.

They're the second largest automaker on the planet. They're not going to be put out of business by the pissants at CARB.

Scirocco has nothing to do wish luxury. Neither does any VW ever.
Pic related is keeping Porsche alive IMO
This.

Fucking this. Hiro is lying, the finances are fine.

But that wouldn't exist without VAG

Well, yeah, that's true.

>overpriced
Your only valid point.

fwd has no place in a luxury car

also you're delusional if you think VAG doesn't make unreliable shitheaps

>Germans trying to gas the entire planet
What else is new?

this. I went to belgium and people were amazed when I told them I drove a 5.0L V8 daily because there they'd get absolutely fucking raped by taxes for driving such a car. Everyone had shitty little 1.5L refrigerator crates and even the mustangs only had some god-awful inline 4

Who the fuck would buy a base Audi with no Quattro? All their models support AWD.

As for reliability, not sure what time you're from but this aint the 80's no more old man.
consumerreports.org/cars/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles/

You fucking retard they're all awd besides the plebeian base model a3/a4 , which if you even consider buying you're a retard cause you can just get a fully loaded passat or gti

even the A8 comes in fwd

No, all new models come standard with quattro.

>nah it's true

If it was for certain, they wouldn't say "reportedly".

>they pull out of the American market

Pull out of California. When everyone there is forced to drive cuckmobiles while the rest of the country passes them, they'll kick the batshit crazy politicians out.

That's not the market demanding low emission vehicles, that's the government demanding them.