>Official game guide:
us.battle.net/d3/en/game/

>Patch 2.4.2 notes
us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20210379/patch-242-now-live-8-2-2016

>Season7 now live
us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20194746/season-7-now-live-8-5-2016

News:
Season7 is now live with patch 2.4.2
Clans generally wake up at the first week within' season start *scratch that* NEVER
Diablo4 announcement at Blizzcon is wildly speculated cuz of a rigged d4 dice in Blizzard Goodie Bag.
Some optimists still hope for D3X2.

>Unofficial game news and builds
diablofans.com/

Clans:
Name the following clans for requesting invite with your "full" Battletag#No and region.
Empty slots may vary. If clan officers see your request you'll be noticed somehow.
We don't know if clan officers are still lurking here.
vidya on EU
on US

Links &information
>Character Planner &simulator
d3planner.com/

>Reroll weapon DPS Calculator for comparison
rerollcalculator.com

>Droprates and average gamble, upgrade cost per unique item for each class
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16w3GylxL3mM1RFE7wtQT2xOv41xgkBxe9trTlpWe-vE/pubhtml#

>GrimD3, Shade filter information:
pastebin.com/rAiwd2ew

Charts &spreadsheets:
>Reroll weapon DPS Calculator for comparison (google doc)
Go to "File", click "Make a copy" to open it on your google drive
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O9FtwgePbBRohdzP9V0f86Wtpb2apscNNTeyYnkKQCo/edit?usp=sharing

>Greater Rift progression percent mob table:
warpath.eu/index.html

>Diablo 2 resources
google.com

>Previous thread

Diablo 2 ladder reset a few days ago

I know ladder reset and all that shit but anyone playing on slash?

I'll probably give it a shot when it resets again in however many months.
Do they do 6 month sessions too?

The way I remember they reset 3 months after btnet reset. Not a 100% percent tho.

>one more hour of farming, if i dont get an item this time i'll quit
>okay, one more hour, this time if i dont get an item i'll quit for real
>okay, okay, one more hour...

fucking comfy

fuck slash. a bunch of faggots who whine over self-imposed rules

>self-imposed rules

What rules mate? Last I heard the only rule is don't bot or dick around.

I still have some unanswered questions and stuff from the last thread, maybe someone can help:

- Is there any way to equip trang-oul's full set for the stat bonuses but NOT transform into a lame looking ghoul with awful casting, hit recovery, etc. breakpoints?

- I noticed that trang's shield offers an increased chance of blocking but not a faster block rate. Is this something to be concerned about? I know that the base blocking speed for necromancers is awful so I'm worried that I'll get stuck in block frames and swarmed by enemies.

For a summon/poison necromancer hybrid should I max out skeletons and mastery (less points in poison synergies) or should I put less points in skeleton/mastery?

What's the ideal ratio between raise skeleton and skeleton mastery, assuming you don't have enough points to max both?

For a (weak, poorly geared) bone necromancer should I bother revives or not?

Is max block worth it in hardcore?

>flail 5 sockets
>I know for sure I will never be able to get CTA runeword

anyway, how is that shit so fucking op, literally doubling your total hp.

Do you guys listen to music while playing D2?

do you think my carpet needs to be vacuumed?

probably, shit's far more insidious than dust piling up on stone/wood floors

>probably
that was exactly the word i was looking for
youre pretty good at this

>having carpet
>being an anglojew

disgusting desu

Blizzard buffed the Barbarian without actually buffing the class.
feels good for everyone else man

D2 music of course

Help a scrub out lads, which private servers are Veeky Forums accepted and are there any active Australian servers

i've only ever heard of slashdiablo and they seemed ok

hey guys, should i buy a macbook pro in order to play diablo 2?

used windows based desktops my entire life, but im heading to uni next fall. i want to look hipster i guess haha

r e p o r t e d

anyone playing Grim Dawn?

im 18 haha silly

Slash is fine tho don't expect too many people one month into the ladder.

>literally unsellable item drops in my party
>its a big upgrade for me
>someone steals it who will never find any use for it
fucking niggers, almost as bad as gold stealers
why are blizzard communities always moba tier?
what attracts such shit eaters to their games?
its not like this elsewhere, i know for a fact

>literally unsellable
>big upgrade
Does not compute

>gold stealers
I do this. What's wrong with doing this?

serious question
Is there anywhere to go to talk about Diablo 3

were talking like ko or lum tier value here
dude had his fucking enigma too
fuck you nigger get your own gold

Hahaha, your reaction is exactly why I do it.

>its not like this elsewhere, i know for a fact

it really isn't. blizz games are like 90/10 for shitbags, finding a decent person is a rarity. other games its the complete opposite.

I dunno dude, most of the games I play also have shitty communities and it's almost impossible to find a game that isn't tainted with stale league of legends memes. Communities in general are pretty trash atm.

>Not even the Diablo reddit wants to talk about Diablo 3 most of the time

I wish they'd just fucking work on Diablo 4 already, or reboot the whole franchise. And learn form this bullshit.

anyone wanna run some mf on east sc lad?

I played d3 but never d2. I'm curious, what makes d2 allegedly so much better?

variety

The shitty thing about javelins is that they don't allow you to do that. Each "stack" of javelins is a weapon in itself that you can repair to recover the stack and they can have a mod that recovers the stack over time though even the best one doesn't feel like it's fast enough

>they openly allow maphack
Why the fuck would anyone play there?

>Is there any way to equip trang-oul's full set for the stat bonuses but NOT transform into a lame looking ghoul
Don't think so.

>I noticed that trang's shield offers an increased chance of blocking but not a faster block rate. Is this something to be concerned about?
Even with Homu's fbr the block is terrible. I don't think you can get enough fbr on a necro to make it decent.

>For a summon/poison necromancer hybrid should I max out skeletons and mastery (less points in poison synergies) or should I put less points in skeleton/mastery?
I'd probably skimp on Poison Explosion points since you'd want to use CE over it anyway. Poison Dagger could be used on boss kills. Honestly not too sure a hybrid like that would be any good.

>What's the ideal ratio between raise skeleton and skeleton mastery, assuming you don't have enough points to max both?
Don't put any points in them or one point in the entire skele tree for one point revives.

>For a (weak, poorly geared) bone necromancer should I bother revives or not?
They can give a nice boost on areas with strong monsters on them but most of the time it's not worth the effort to revive. Bone is kinda tight on points so you might want to save the even the points to get the prerequisites.

>Is max block worth it in hardcore?
I'd assume it is but I've no hc experience in D2.

>Blizzard buffed the Barbarian without actually buffing the class.
At least now they can be useful before people get their hands on a CTA.

Just one of the things.

D2 is a very flawed game but it has it's charm and up to this day can still entertain me for hours at a time. A lot of it's game design is something you can't really find in modern games anymore. It's hard to explain.

It's all a lot of seemingly minor things that come together. Like the free stat allocation. So few games today do this and when they do it's often boiled down to "you're melee you take str".

>lame looking ghoul
I actually think it looks quite nice.

>think about palying D2 again
>remember bots

Trying out the trial for D3.
Every class seems to absolutely obliterate everything in Act 1 on Hard. Does the game get difficult later on?

>Does the game get difficult later on?
not really

you gotta get to Torment difficulties for any real challenge.

nobody plays story anymore by the way, you need Reaper for Adventure Mode

Not in hard mode for sure.

If you do get the game, I'd suggest ramping up to master or higher ASAP, or having a friend who can run master games host games for you after you get workable gear.

>start playing d2 again
>blizzard banned all bots
>no baalruns

Hey boys dont know shit about trading.

+1 skill grand charms worth a damn (no other stats)?
also laying of hands?

>laying of hands
not really worth much but some people might want it
>+1 skill grand charms
depends. pala combat is worth quite a bit, stuff like barb masteries are worthless.

Thanks man. The gcs are fire sorc and summon necro, I try to find someone willing to trade.

>join an enchant game to level my new character
>get a nagel and manald ring from normal cows
>literally more loot than the past 5 days of playing 10 hours a day
nothing makes sense

>Download Median XL
>Step out of camp
>50 enemies
>All have 10x the health and damage
Retarded artificial difficulty doesn't make the game any better

there aren't that many summoners but they'll definitely want one
fire skillers are sadly the cheapest for sorcs, lightning > ice > fire

Boy golly, what would I do without you windows 10

wew
crisis averted

You can definitely sell a summon necro skiller that doesn't have other stats, summoners need less survivability than almost any other class so the lack of +hp doesn't hurt that bad, and the skeletons get overpowered as fuck with a lot of +skills because it double dips on the skill and the mastery.

I'm pretty new to this game and noticed that the wiki doesn't mention which monsters in which location drop certain items, do certain monsters drop certain items or is it just like if you want high level items then kill high level monsters and they might drop the one you want?

The latter. There are some pretty good spots for finding shit on hell. With a high enough magic find or luck that is.

>decide to try Diablo 3 again
>roll a barbarian
>do adventure mode
>get to higher difficulties
>one of the quests is killing the spider queen
>get to her
>fight starts
>one minute in, realize that I'm just holding down the left mouse button and looking at the screen
>been doing it for about a minute, interrupted by right clicking when she runs away and spawns adds
>the entire gameplay of Diablo 3 is holding down one button and watching things happen

Where did it go so wrong?

There are a couple of freak exceptions, but mostly there's no specific item drops and it's just the monsters' levels depend on the level of the area, and the items they can drop depend on the monster level, and they just drop random shit within their level range.

The Countess drops lower-end to mid tier runes, and Andariel on NM/Hell has a disproportionately high chance to drop rings for some reason.

you're suppose to try to rank on the ladder against people that bot paragon levels

i remember meteor twister wizard was really really fun to play like 2 years ago. i tried to find a video but everything thats been uploaded is so shit i gave up.

It went wrong when you thought the beginning stages of an rpg are challenging.

>torment
>beginning stages

You're doing quests, so you're not anywhere near endgame.

>I only play Story Mode

Can't tell if you're this new or just fucking with me.
You're either killing spider queen in story mode or bounties. Neither of those are endgame nor will they ever be challenging. So refer to

>I don't go for bounties in endgame

>just randomly found titans
>and buriza
Goddamnit I wasn't going to make a gunslinger again because I make one every time I get back into the game. Oh well I guess it can't be helped.

>found the 1h hammer that gives +3 druid elemental skills or something
Pls no druids are so shit, don't tempt me

On one to ten scale (where 10 is dogshit) how shit is a summoner druid?

Oh shit nigger what are you doing /10

Keep in mind the druid can only have one type of summon out at a time (excluding ravens that already do no damage a few areas into act 1 normal). Druids are pretty damn awful in general, a common theme with a lot of the skills the class is "holy fuck this is bugged/broken/numbers way too small without wan million skiller charms".

Well shit. How about a light sorc?

are wind/hurricane/tornado druids bad as well?

shit with bad gear, ok with decent gear, most overpowered shit ever in godly gear
they ok

Zoomancers are good enough to beat Hell mode, but you'll need a decent amount of +skill gear and a decently equipped might aura merc. Tl,dr you'll need twink gear to have a smooth ride.

Get an enigma and wind druids are hammerdin tier, otherwise they're decent but not great.

>bought a +2 necro skills 20 fcr wand from a vendor
>tfw basically best in slot until really expensive upgrades

>what is spirit sword

The "white" runeword wand is great, make it in a +3 bone spear want bought from drognan in act 2. It has 20 fcr, +3 poison and bone, and +2 to bone spear so you can get +8 to bone spear from that wand alone. The only runes you need are Dol and Io which I believe you can get from nightmare countess.

By the way I found a 2-socket necro head with +3 to bone spirit. Is that worth anything? You could make rhyme or splendor in it. Too bad it didn't have bone spear instead, I don't like bone spirit.

Oh and I'm wondering what the actual best wand would be. Is it possible to get, for example, +3 to skeleton mastery and +3 to raise skeleton in a wand or necro head that has a magic prefix of +3 to summoning skills? Or is it impossible because skeletons are a low level skill?

+3 summons, +3 raise skeleton, +3 skeleton mastery wand is possible, you can even buy these from vendors, but it's probably gonna take a while to find one.
>tfw shopped for java gloves and trap claws while watching a movie yesterday for an hour
>got fucking nothing

>find 6 sox phase blade
>its not eth
JUST

>phase blade
>ethereal
pick one

>>Diablo 2 resources
>google.com
KeK, first time in this general and didn't expect that

I bet you didnt expect this either
*unzip CTA AAAAAH AAHH your total hp x2 ~balanced~*

OK I figured it out! It's impossible to get +3 on a wand as well as +3 to skeletons or skeleton mastery. This is because you need a level 60? magic item to get +3 to summons and level 1 skills stop appearing on items past level 20-something.

However you can get +2 to necromancer skills plus +3 to skeletons, +3 to mastery, and +3 to something else (corpse explosion I suppose). It has to be a rare weapon. You need to take a high level wand (elite or maybe some of the exceptional ones) and head to charsi and have it imbued with a very low level character. You can get +skeletons on this because of the low level (ilvl? whatever), and you will be able to get high level magic properties because the high level (qlvl? whatever) of the base wand you used. You can reroll and increase you chances with the following recipe: 6 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Random Low Quality Rare Item of the same type [or you could skip the charsi step and just burn a million skulls lowering the ilvl]

So theoretically you could get +2 necro skills, +3 to specific skills, and some more modifiers like faster cast rate, resistance, mana, strength, energy, etc. on a rare wand.

That's extremely unlikely and not much better than arm of king leoric so why bother.

A necromancer head can't get faster cast rate but it can get the same +2 to skills, +3 to specific skills, some resists, and presumably -of deflecting unless that doesn't work on heads. Never mind the best possible mods, a basic head with +2 skills or +2 to summoning and +3 to raise skeleton and skeleton mastery would be notable because as far as I know there aren't any shields/heads that can offer more than +3 to skeletons. You could switch to this stuff when you want to summon skeletons and switch to something better afterwards.

Also worth mentioning is the splendor runeword which is pretty shit but provides +1 to skills and can be made in a random low level head with two sockets and +3 to skele/mastery/etc.

WHERE THE MF TOPAZ('S?) AT GOT DAM

is this worth anything? pls hurry

What merc should I use on a bone necro? I was thinking of using a rogue with a harmony bow because I don't like walking slowly, but would you recommend an act 2 might merc for insight + killing stuff to start off corpse explosion chains?

Yeah definitely, looks like a good base for runewords like enigma

a-at least I manage to trade the circlet +2druid skills and +16 all resist for a Immortal King helmet, m-maybe this one will be easy to trade for some sorc things or runes r-right...

lol

ik helm is good for a bo bitch but its not worth anything

and a druid circlet would be garbage too don't they know there are druid specific helms with +3 skills and all kinds of great mods?

if you want to be masochistic and play through the game with a warcry barb then ik helm is pretty great

Rakanishu? More like RIPanishu amarite guis?

10/10 find, roll the dice for sockets and make more cash or sell it as is

>not Rektanishu

whats wrong with you

>tfw rakanishu with conviction aura, multishot and stoneskin
RIP melee

>hop onto d2jsp after a few years
>have 90fg, decide to buy an oculus for better farming and forever ignore the website
>now have 500fg
help i'm addicted to trades again

d2jsp was a mistake
the old days of channel trading were way more fun

>help I'm addicted to RMT and supporting bots

>le Diablo is a botting game boogeyman is back
Back into the shadows lad.

awww yisss

second try