Why do amerilards drive automatic cars?

Why do amerilards drive automatic cars?

Why are you so obsessed with what Americans do?

So they can text and eat fast food with their right hand.

(You)

So that we can finger your broad easier

Because our cars are powerful enough to hit highway speeds even with the torque converter loss.

Because we can afford nice things.

>automatic
>nice

Just admit most of you can't work out how to use a manual.

GM & Chrysler popularized automatic in America starting in the 30s l, meanwhile manual remained the norm in Europe. Mercedes-Benz didn't offer automatic until the 60s. By then the preferences were already established.

It's not about preferences, it's about manuals having been able to make far more use of limited displacement and torque until very recently.

Why are Europeans so concerned with Americans? Don't you have a union to attempt to keep together?

We appreciate the finer things, superior performance, superior fuel economy, and when it breaks, throw it away and buy another.

I recognize that shitty shifter, its from Daewoo Magnus.

Why do the Germanazis make so many Porsches with automatics? Remember the 928? The vast majority of those were automatic in EVERY market.

Europoors have just literally been so poor for the majority of their existence.
Automatic is starting to take an aggressive hold on the normie car market in Europe now.
America at least still understands that sports cars come in manual.

Makes it easier to:
>Text and drive
>Talk on phone
>Drink soda/coffee/whatever
>Eat burgers and fries
>Jerk off

>Automatic is starting to take an aggressive hold on the normie car market in Europe now

[citation needed]
I am serious. I really want to see where you get this ideas from. I live in Europe and the only cars that have a hydraulic gearbox are the one that had it before.
We don't stick a automatic gearbox in every shitbox we produce.

I'll tell you why little nigga so sit down

Ever since automatics have been sold in North America it's always been featured as some top trim or luxury feature. Combine this with the American dream which caused people not to strive for their dreams but rather to outdo their neighbour, people bought whatever they could to appear better. What other way to do that than to have a car the magically shifts for you and never stalls.

Keep in mind, automatics were viewed like having a butler shift fro you. So companies pushed for such a feature so they can sell at a higher price. Eventually as manufacturing improved and your average car could have one, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. How cool it would be to have such an impressive feature in an affordable package? That explains the 80s auto craze and from there, the idea that auto was the ideal transmission never wore off. Then after several generations, people only learned to drive autos, never moving onto the cheaper standard transmissions.

Automatics never really took off in other places, say east Asia, because the demand didn't reach the level of North America and plus, why spend all that money when you could just learn to drive standard? That's why in those regions automatics cost significantly more than standards.

such a car is ruined with an automatic

Unless you have a rwd with 300 hp memeuals are joke. Driving a shitbox commuter car with a manual is fucking gay, annoying, and stupid. In that regard i guess it's perfeft for yurotards and third world poorfags.

Why are you americans so obsessed with japanese?
You nuked them twice and still get buttmad over the gt-r and the fact that their cars just were flat out better than american during detroit downfall

>wah someone drives something different than me and I don't like it
Opinion discarded.

I couldn't find a car i wanted in stick in my area,

>having shitbox with shit power
>have it automatic so even fewer horses will get to the wheels

Are you mentally challenged user?

You no longer need stick to save on gas, hybrids save gas and come with automatics.

We don't have heavily taxed gas, so mpg is not as much of a big deal.

Cars are not taxed by engine size, so we just drive an automatic and throw a V-8 instead of some overworked 4 cyl with a 5-speed.

Manual transmissions are easy. Europeans think they're super hard for Americans and that's kinda sad because they're not super hard for anyone.

I know it's easy. That is why I find it hilarious that most burgers can't into manuel.

I dont know, man, beginning to think its just a syereotype. Nobody I know has a problem with them.

i still roll back with manual so i can see why most americans switched if given the option

I don't think your explanation explains anything. Let's go by parts:

>you no longer need stick to save gas
So far ok.

>We don't have heavily taxed gas, so miles per gallon is not as much of a big deal

The implied point seem to contradict itself here. If you don't need stick to save gas, why are you on the next sentence stating that miles per gallon is not that big of a deal?

But proceeding:

>Cars are not taxed by engine size, so we just drive an automatic and throw a V-8 instead of some overworked 4 cyl with a 5-speed.

What does this have to do with anything? And how does any of that explain why Americans drive automatic?

>implying I give a shit
Car's a car. Import, domestic, exotic, i'm more concerned with the actual workings of it than with the badge on the hood.

If you're European and you think you can drive a manual car but you jerk and choke the car with each shift and still think you have a right to make fun of Americans for driving automatics, you need to fucking kill yourself.
t. europoor