Redpill on american muscle

Sup Veeky Forums
Been thinking about getting a mustang v6 (don't try and shitpost I've made up my mind) but i just can't dig the new models that I'm interested in getting ('12 - '16). I want it to look like a muscle car if I'm getting a muscle car. Should i consider getting an older model/go for a different make?
Redpill me on american muscle, and no I don't mean bbc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6i-QqjLLjO8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3.7l is a fine engine. Any V6 prior to that aka pre-2011 is dog shit in terms of power and should be avoided.

>Been thinking about getting a mustang v6 (don't try and shitpost I've made up my mind)

do it, you'll understand your mistake later anyway.

Mustangs are secretary cars not muscle

Challenger is the closest your getting to modern muscle

>12-16
What kind of a year range is that?

Dont. Just get the v8.
Or save some money and at the turbo.
At least you wont have the v6.

So I've heard, I drive a car with only 110hp,so the v6 is fine.

>secretary cars
I'm not sure what that means, please elaborate
I agree though challengers have that look to them
What do you mean? I'm finding loads of mustangs selling for less than 20k and have few miles while anything older is either same price or more expensive and yet has over 100k miles

>I'm not sure what that means, please elaborate

theyre cars for female secretarys

yknow

the way the Miata is a hairdresser car

I feel as though the turbo defeats the purpose of a muscle car, but the again v6 isn't muscle car like either.
Doesn't v8 cause insurance to rise?

A V6 mustang really is more of a sports coupe than a muscle car. That being said, 300ish hp is still respectable and the v6 cars usually do better in autocross than the v8 stangs due to less weight and better balance.

op.... mustang are way too mainstream.

go with a shaker challenger, it will FELL like what you think the Mustang feel

They're pretty popular here in kansas from chads to gradmas, cougars to mexicans. But I don't care, i always liked them. Maybe a challenger would work...

When you put it that way, it's justified looking the way it does

Whatever year you get make sure you get the manual. A V6 mustang can be a 'fun' car but only if you have that 5 on the floor to really get the most out of that big V6, hell a manual transmission makes SN95's fun with their paltry 140-190hp. An automatic transmission in these cars just makes them feel like a RWD ford taurus. But as others have said you'd be better off with the V8, it's just a better powerplant match for a car that big.

Oh come on, getting a manual is a given. Like i asked earlier, doesn't insurance go up for the v8?

Obviously. But if its an older car, you should be fine. Dont worry about insurance when you are getting a SPORTS CAR.

I drive a 6th gen V6 Mustang. It's fucking great. Blows the fuck outta BMWs in the same price bracket.

v6 is fucking dumb. here's why:
the v8 and v6 have relatively small price differences - if you can afford the v6, but not the v8, chances are you can't actually afford the v6 like you think you can - in this case, buy an economy car.

the v6 will get close to the same mileage as the v8 - dogshit in either case. once again, buy an economy car.

"BUT MOM IT MAKES 300 HORSEPOWER" and it weighs close to two fucking tons. once again, buy an economy car, because it's just as quick.

a v6 mustang is literally for someone who wants to buy a car because "it looks cool" and for no other reason. stop being a fucking retard and buy a cheap shitbox that'll function just as wel if not better, or get the v8 and have an actual 'muscle' car(even though they're really not muscle cars, but that's a completely different shitshow)

>relatively small price differences
12k is not a small price difference.

>base v6
>base v8

>12k
????????

Just get a fox body you faggot

worst advice itt

the irony of the the post is astounding

If you're going to get a v6, why not get a z or a Genesis coupe 3.8?

>getting a manual is a given
so should getting a v8 be

>V6
>American Muscle
European, huh?

On the year range, it might be because 12-16 contains two different generations

Not everyone lives in America.

The 370z is outdated. The Genesis is worse.

>Dont worry about insurance when you are getting a SPORTS CAR
you got me there

sweet

oh boy here come the shitposters

>redpill me on American muscle
>I'm getting a V6 mustang
I hate to burst your bubble, but it isn't a muscle car by definition unless it is a V8.

im looking at premium v6's not base models

If you were American, you'd have the bandwidth to upload a larger picture.

Step aside, real American coming through.

Honestly, if you don't want a V8 Mustang, you might as well get the Ecoboost

(((Premium))) V6

i'm not very fond of hyundai
if all else fails yeah the nissan is always one to consider

yeah they are 2 gens in them, but i'm not too picky about that

alright, alright
fine
then tell me what's a good sports car that isn't too overpowered and made in the us that i can get in manual that has decent performance.

i guess

teach me everything you know pham
so far, ford mustang 2013 v6 premium seems to be in first
followed by ecoboost
in third is the dodge challenger
and in last we have the 370z
not bad

Why don't you want a newer model if you're going for the V6?

In my eyes, american muscle (and mustangs, for that matter) are synonymous with V8's with loud exhaust.
V6 just won't do it, and modern V8's are too muffled to give that 70's V8 feel.

>posting plastic crap
Disgusting waste of all that bandwidth tbqh

V6 and Ecoboost are both solid. I'd go for any 6th gen over the 2011. Base model 6th gen is way nicer than a premium 5th gen.

I'm personally not a fan of Dodge. Heaver and makes less power, but my info could be dated.

Genesis is just unexciting to me.

Drive them all and choose the one that speaks to you the most.

Ok faggot give me 10k so I can buy the v8 and so you can stop crying.

>plastic
Clearly you've never touched one before. Get your pigiron out of here.

i'm not going to settle for anything less than leather seats, nigger

true, same here. i just don't like the body they have now, they don't look like muscle cars anymore, more like sports cars. i might squeeze my ass cheeks together when i test them out.

god damnit, that type of response means well, but THEY DON'T HELP SOLVE THE ISSUE

mom, dad, please stop fighting

>calling an actual muscle car pig iron
Have fun jerking off to your Miatas you queermosexual.

I was in your shoes for the last 6 weeks. I chose a 2017 V6 Mustang.

>actual muscle
An M5 is actual muscle. Stop being an elitest queer. Nobody appreciates your presnece.

how do you like it so far?

Oh, it was bait all along.

Yeah, the newest ones are fugly.

It's like it's 1972 all over again.

Dodge has the higher power and weight compared to the mustang

I'll agree with this, last gen was pretty good though

Fucking fantastic. I came over from a 2008 Chrysler 300. I could talk about it all day. Have any specidic questions I could answer.

I know you want leather. My 300 had leather seats. My Stang has cloth. Because of the aggressive side bolstering, it's a more comfortable car. Having test driven 26 cars in those 6 weeks, the 4 Mustangs I drove were the most comfortable of all the cars. Because the seating position is closer to the windshield compared to a compact or midsize sedan, your frontward visibility is actually better in the mustang.

I haven't looked at dodge since it made 250hp in the V6 and cost more than the comparable Mustang.

>I could talk about it all day
tell me everything
go ahead and sperg out about it. i want an in depth review pham

What exactly were you looking at?
Dodge claims the current Challenger makes 305 HP

youtube.com/watch?v=6i-QqjLLjO8

You have posted multiple times trying to justify buying a v6 and get shot down every single time. Make up your mind and stop posting.

Dodge changed engines in 2011
that would explain the difference

>Redpill on american muscle

They're really fast and awesome, but

They are not ***nimble***. You will be slower on technical tacks (see Tsukuba), auto-x, and any mountain road that's worth a damn (not a sweeping canyon)
bout it really

Keep in mind, the car is brand new. I've only put 335km on it and it's still well within its break in period. It's comfortable, quiet in the cabin, the ride is smooth, you can feel how stiff the body is, it pulls plenty hard despite having to keep the car under 4k rpm for the first 1600km. I can't speak in depth of it's driving characteristics for obvious reasons, but I'll talk about my favorite part that was completely unexpected.

My first day with the car, I was driving a friend home down a slow city road. A black 6th gen was approaching in the oncoming lane. I pointed it out to my friend and have the other driver a thumbs up through my front windshield. His face lit up and returned the thumbs up. Honestly, it was one of the greatest feelings in the world. It's like being part of an exclusive club. The next day, a different black 6th gen pull up being me at a red light. In my rear view mirror I could see the driver point out my car to his girlfriend, so I lowered my window and gave him a thumbs up from my window and the same thing happened. He reciprocated with a massive grin. It makes my day every time it happens. I went to the movies last night, only to return to my car with an identical Mustang parked next to mine. Everyone stated freaking out and having a laugh. The car just seems to attract fun little moments that make day to day life so much more exciting. Just being able to experience that Mustang owner's comradery transcends any physical aspect of the car. It's magic.

Another unexpected effect is that the car catches a lot of eyes and lots of attention. It's probably just because my car is so bright though. I'm not into being the center of attention, but it's pretty neat.

>only 335km

>only
Wat

calm down nigga

tell me more pham this sounds great

335 kilometers.

I can't think of a whole lot else to say. The car has 2 usb inputs. I use one for my iPod and if I want to charge my phone too, I can. I love the fact that I have a normal handbrake. I love how prominent the car's hood is. It's always in view when you're driving. Somewhat reminiscent of the long hood Mercedes and Vipers.

Here's mine. Grabber blue, black stripes, 18" wheel package, security package and rear parking sensors.

Not OP, but why did you get a V6 instead of a GT or Ecoboost?

The GT would have cost an extra 12k. I'll buy myself one someday, just not now. I was also able to buy the V6 with cash. I wasn't too interested in making payments.

I didn't want an Ecoboost. I like the sound you can get out of a V6, I like the linear powerband, and I'm not a tuner. A turbo Mustang doesn't feel right to me. I drove one at the dealership and I wasn't a fan. Kind of a contrarian opinion, but it is what it is.

I'll probably buy a GT in 5 years and I think I might keep this car even then. I just like it that much. I'm really just waiting for a new GT engine.

fucking nice mustang man.

also that's the reason i plan on the v6, no payments, cash only

I picked up my 98 SVT cobra from a stealership cheap 5k , 53k miles on it, needed a fuel pump. Look around, and check local auctions...got my 66 from a friend, wouldn't run needed a carb was all..

that's always an option, i guess but i really dislike 90's mustangs, they did away of the menacing front end for a while there

I'm assuming you're in Europe?

Canada.

well so far, my car pick doesn't seem bad supposedly i can get something better but no one seems to make an offer. therre are other cars available, so at the very least if i don't get my pick i have some runner ups.

thanks everyone for the input let this shit 404

I guess that explains the price difference

If your into muscle the only other options are really a Challenger or Charger if you want something more practical

1966 and the cobra both were 5k and both have v8's, that doesn't count the cash I've dumped into them

As someone who actually owns one of these things, get the V8 or wait until you can. The Coyote is a glorious engine. The V6 is okay, but like others have said, that's not why you buy a fucking mustang.

Buy a slightly older v8 you idiot.

Simple Breakdown for ya

>Heavy
>Overpowered
>Muh V8
>Muh RWD
>Hard to Control
>Fun

I prefer lightweight good handling cars but definetly can see the appeal in the American Muscle

Hard to control is a meme, and they're not really overpowered, just powerful.

v6 is fine, does good skids and can easily do 120 mph with the limiter off. pretty balanced on track as well.
get a shifter bushing, you'll love the transmission even more.

so much for letting it 404 alright let's continue

i just don't like the front end of those 90's mustangs man, i just don't

yeah the challenger has that look to it so im kind of veering towards it a bit, but still a v8 is just too much i think.

i guess so. i mean i CAN wait, but if i want it sooner rather than a month or 2 later, i could get the v6.

right? i feel as though today the muscle car fad is over, its all about overall performance. hence why the new focus rs and ecoboost mustang and what not

>hence why the new focus rs and ecoboost mustang and what not

are all coming out submitted too early

There's a 2009 challenger rt for sale with only 7250km @ 27000$ CAD. Seems like an amazing deal. Should I pull the trigger?

27k?
what are the other options?

Leather and I don't know what else. I'm going to see it on Wednesday. Seems pretty basic which is what I like.

idk man, try and lower that price, other than that if you like it go for it

Yea I'll try. Gonna go see it tomorrow actually. Hopefully it ain't too good to be true.

Are they generally more expensive in Canada? There are 2014 SRT's here (US) in the $30k range with low miles.

don't say that nigga, you never know.

as some piece of inspiration here's a short story

>be not me
>be wanting a bmw m3 for a dd
>still use newspaper because cheaper than computer (early 00's)
>see ad for sale
>wants $100 for mint condition bmw
>mfw yea right
>go check it out anyway
>woman says yes $100 as stated in ad
>just sign these documents
>few weeks later get called to court
>oh fuck.png
>stand as witness for purchasing bmw for $100
>yes just like the ad stated
>turns out grandpa of woman was having an affair and the bitch wanted the money for the bmw
>since it sold for $100 she only got $100
>still got to keep bmw

NIce.

>Get arrested for buying an obviously stolen car

Can't say you didn't ask for it

learn to read nigger, it wasn't stolen. let me elaborate

grandpa bought the bmw for the bitch, but he died and obviously the woman was in the will so she gets it all. bitch ain't havin' that and wanted at least the sale value of the car. so the woman went and sold it for $100. funny thing is, it's a deal too good to be true that the guy that went and bought it was the only one that actually checked it out

>3400 lbs
>2 tons
Try 1.5 tons faggot, and 0 to 60 on the mid 5's.
Also

>Same MPG

Go for the V6 Manual OP, look for the one with the 3.31 gears and the performance package if possible.
Once you get bored, you can always put a turbo in it.

>Not buying a muscle car because muh mpg

Well, get a fucking prius faggot,

>He says the v6 gets the same MPG as the GT
>I say no
>buy a Prius.

Anyway OP, go for a v6, tons of fun.

yeah op go for a v6 it's will be a fun sportish car but not a muscle car.

you'll be able to suck as much dick as people buying secretary v6 mainstream mustang.

>0-60 in "mid 5"
>Muscle car

For boomers, speaking of which...

My asshole needs to be rimmed, will you do it?

>
listen to this man, he plays Gran Turismo

Never said it was a muscle car.
Also, the Challenger SRT from the same year does 0 to 60 on the mid 5's too.

Thabks for the input m8

Well, better than sucking dick on the bus like you

If you're buying new you might as well go with the v8 2bh. Maybe you could trade the v6 in a few years, but it probably won't hold it's value and dealers probably won't be able to sell it fast.

The only reason I've looked into the 5th gen v6 is because I'd be using it as a first car and (ideally) build some credit (and it looks nice, but so do Audis and Lincolns imo).

It isn't a muscle car if it doesn't weigh 3 tons and anything smaller than a 350 engine.

yeah, it defeats the purpose of a muscle car if it's not a v8.

i really don't plan on trading it in, i intend to keep it. but who knows? i may just decide for the v8 if i don't like the v6
>using it as a first car and (ideally) build some credit
eehhh, good luck with that, im no business expert and its your money.
building credit by auto payments is always a good start