When's the last time you checked your oil?

>be me
>Be pizza deliver driver
>Be driving around making deliveries
>Downshift and my truck backfires louder than a rifle
>Think to self "been a while since I checked the oil"
>Already had a feeling the piston rings were on their way out so not a surprise
>Finish shift backfire a few more times
>Driving home
>Was that a bit of blue smoke I saw?
>Too dark to tell, drive home forget about it
>Wake up today
>Pop hood and check dipstick
>Wipe with a rag, stick back in
>Pull out again, still can't see a definite line
>Run finger down stick
>Dry as a fucking bone

Is this the end br/o/s? Parents said they'd spot me 400 for a new engine if I didn't want to sell it.

>Is this the end br/o/s?
nah dude.
If the bottom end ain't knocking you're golden.
Top it up, and run that fucker into the ground.

forgot to mention I bought the cheapest walmart oil after discovering it was without oil today. Figure there's no sense in buying good oil if it's just gonna burn it.

>doing oil change
>pull drain plug
>about 100ml comes out
>whooops

If it is burning oil then just keep topping it up with whatever and run it to the ground.

I had a 1.6 Astra that drank it like a fucking fish (litre every hundred miles or so) and you had to clean the spark plugs every time you topped it up as they got clogged and it hardly ran. I used to run it on Tesco Value 20w50 and it ran like that for about 4 months until I traded it in.

When the plugs were clean, it ran fine. Didn't even knock / rattle, in fact it sounded fine hence why the guy took it as part ex without question

>check oil
>quart low
This was Thursday
>okay, I get paid Friday.
>Friday
>fucking tooth falls out (am poor and have had little dental care)
>spend all day trying to get a dentist appt before they close for the weekend
>no luck
>Saturday, niece has drill competition and am stuck up there from 9 AM to 8 PM
>okay, I can do it Sunday
>open door Sunday morning
>pouring rain
>wait for it to stop
>deadly toothache starts, doesn't stop till early this morning
>forecast is rain until the weekend
>said fuck it and just poured half a quart in
I hate not being able to take proper care of my car
>shitty teeth
I was OCD when I was a kid and managed to brush all my enamel off, and since I started getting dental care it hasn't come back very much

I forgot to mention I needed to change the oil completely not just top it off.
Oh and my clutch is going out

if you bought the walmart brand (supertech) it's actually decent oil

Here's a video of all the damn smoke it's blowing. Wonder how much oil I'll have to buy to keep it fed till tax season. Wonder if I can put the engine swap down as vehicle maintenance on my taxes.

Just had it changed yesterday. They tried to sell me a coolant flush for 150$ even though I had to replace the whole coolant system and flushed it less than 2 years ago.

might be coolant burning, its quite white

I suppose it could be that too, but 5 quarts of oil consumption makes me think it's probably more oil since the coolant level hasn't dropped since I replaced the rad.

Did it Saturday OP. Fuck I love the 1zz-fe. Perfect little plant.

Swap 1zz into s10?

it might be mixing the oil into the coolant and then burning the oild/water mixture

could be

If that was the first time you heard it backfire and you didn't just keep driving it like an asshat you should be fine. You may have shortened the engines life by a few years, but for the foreseeable future I wouldnt worry about it. Just keep that sump filled boi

Couple days ago, it was still clean and full since it's only been about 2 weeks since I changed the oil. It burns oil a bit since it's a Subaru and I beat on it a lot, so I check it often.

Yeah user that doesn't look like oil burning. Give it a whiff, id say it's coolant. Do a compression test and investigate further, worst case scenario your block is fugged

>might be coolant burning
I can see condensation dripping out the fucking tailpipe!

OP stop being a fuckin' retard, if you're going to show us the smoke at least warm the fucking thing up first!
Twat.

I pop my hood every 2nd fuel fillup, I check the Engine oil, Trans Oil, Brake fluid, Coolant and P/S fluid.

Takes literally an extra 2 minutes for some peace of mind.

>if I can put the engine swap down as vehicle maintenance on my taxes.
Nope. But you can deduct $0.54 per mile.

That sounds like a nightmare.

Changing mine tomorrow for the first time, hope there will be the right quantity and that its not completely black

It's wasn't cold, it was at op temp. I had just got back from school.

> "been a while since I checked the oil"
This is how people stay poor.

I have an idiot friend who bought a new car (at like 20% interest) because he was tired of having his cars break down (his fault). Bought a fucking Chrysler. Anyway, he never changed the oil and the motor seized at like 10k miles. Warranty wouldn't over it. He didn't have the money or credit to fix it so he made the $800 a month payments on it till he couldn't anymore and it got repo'd.

>when was the last time you checked your oil
Yesterday after I installed a cold air intake on my car.
Shit was still gold after 4500 miles (Subaru synthetic 0w20) in my 2015 Honda civic
Oil life be at 40% gonna put Honda synthetic change my wiper inserts change my cabin filter rotate my tires and probably drain and refill my MTF
Feels good man.jpg

Now that is how you do it m8

yesterday before a trail run.

>When's the last time you checked your oil?
I have a honda D-series. So 5 minutes ago.

Checked mine just in time today. Just needed some more oil.

That...that...better be diesel....

Better?

It was.

However after it was part exchanged, it was no longer my problem!

Enamel wont come back. Gone is gone.

A couple of days ago. My shitbox drinks about 0,6 liters of oil for every 1000km. Or it drank. I topped it off a while ago and reset the trip counter. Over 700km since and almost no oil gone. I'm a bit puzzled. I did change it from cheap 10w-40 to GM's own 5w-30 last oil change.