Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UBcj4D7QJyw&t=2s
fggsfv.challonge.com/ranbat5
discord.gg/U4qCScZ
youtu.be/9pMCPDW73to
youtu.be/Ncp-rYHF06k
hitbox.tv/pickles2393
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How come ISDD dresses like a 6 year old edgelord? Isn't he like 35 years old?

youtube.com/watch?v=UBcj4D7QJyw&t=2s

Why am i getting SF4 nostalgia already?

After a short hiatus, we're back.

/fgg/ SFV Ranking Battle Round 5
fggsfv.challonge.com/ranbat5

FRIDAY @9:00 PM EST

>Currrent Standings - Top 8
1. SeaPerson
2. Tramps
3. prl
4. Pickles
5. ZetaZeta
6. bael
7. Sharkboot
8. CFG_Jobber

Top 8 at the end of season will participate in the '/fgg/ Cup' to determine the ultimate winner. In the event of a tie for 8th place a short deciding match will be held.

discord.gg/U4qCScZ

Here's a discord link specifically for this tournament series. I'll try to coordinate matches in here as well as stream chat.

>Previous Tournament vods
Round 2 - youtu.be/9pMCPDW73to
Round 3 - youtu.be/Ncp-rYHF06k

>Stream
hitbox.tv/pickles2393

If season two sucks I'm fucking moving on to some other genre.

so annoyed sfv is the only game i can pickup and netplay with

you're a retard if you think sfv's going to be any different.

Is this character going to not suck by the time of console release or should I just jump ship Josie?

ISDD is about to break something on stream he's so pissed. I can feel it! Kek wills it LULZ

Did he loose to jimmy or what

What happened to fgg?

no but he lost to a bunch of other platinums and lost hundreds of points

Been slowing down for awhile now. Big slowdown after /snk/ became a thing.

Overall I think everyone's a little tired after all the things that's gone down with SFV.

>Terrible launch
>DLC shenanigans
>Dwindling community
>Online still sucks
>The whole Steam backdoor thing
>lol banning that stage you just bought

The list goes on but we really need just need some honest good news that doesn't involve us getting jewed for once. We're all just burnt out at the moment and just gotta wait for Capcom to give us some sign of hope.

no one can find it in the catalog under FGG

>not typing Veeky Forums/vg/fgg instead of using the catalog

seriously that future does it way quicker instead of going to the catalog and filtering there

*feature

all that does is search the catalog for fgg

What if he's a 35 years old edgelord?

>ccl not going to capcup

Because he's at home? Who cares?

Capcom Cup finals will be Infiltration v. Nuckledu in a Nash mirror match.

the core circlejerk that governs the thread is cancerous as fuck and drove everyone out.
shame really. fgg used to be gdlk a few years back

>people ulling out of capcom cup

not a good look

also why didn't they release kofxiv in the state the current graphics patch?

fuck they need to add rollback netcode and ill be set

Please play KOFXIV

i predict the 1.10 update will also intoduce rollback netcode

He doesn't dress much better at tournaments either, but I'm guessing that's just a British thing

ded thread

There is no reason to post here anymore. You can't talk about anything SF5 related because you just get a bunch of >sf5 lmaooooo
Can't talk about GG either and KoF is already dead again. Plus you barely get games here anymore for anything.
There is just no incentive to do anything but shitpost in this thread.

How do I prevent crossups/get better at AAing as Vega in SFV?
It feels like my buttons are very hard to use when defending against crossups, so I normally slide out, but I'd like a better solution as I also feel that as a player I'm terrible at AAing.

>Inb4 SFV lmao

jump back air throw

Work on your spacing. Know when you can possibly be crossed up. Also, when you are crounchin the range at which you can be crosed up increases.

Walk/dash forward

Are we ever going to get PC Revelator? It looks so shitty on PS3 that I'm thinking about buying a PS4 now, but Xrd and Red Dead 2 are the only games I can think of that I would even play on it

we're sure to see another decent PS4 exclusive fighter sometime, right?

Snk general is faster than these threads now

I never understood what people meant by Random Kens until I started playing more Ranked.
Kens starting the round with H.Tatsu or just random H.Dp after every block string.
Are these people retarded?

I play Ken too, these people are making me want to switch to Ryu

ken rewards you for playing like an idiot more than any other character in the game

>games with EX moves

Why do you have an issue with resource management?

post 30 seconds of yourself playing a game without EX moves

xrd is pretty big man

nobody on /fgg/ plays GG, they just shitpost about SFV while pretending to do so

playing vs ken on ranked is fucking irritating cancer

anyone else here takes wins way too seriously

Yes. I beat my chest like a gorilla and talk shit every time I win. Feels good.

replace thread and fgg with fgc and this statement still holds

>xrd
>big

why the fuck is ibuki so fucking garbage in SFV, I wanted a fun fast movement character that's not boring as fuck and my options are ibuki and thats it.

Also, how the fuck does ranked work; 2 out of my 3 games i've played so far in ranked have been against ultra silvers.

>fightan
>steamgroup
y

Has anyone here built their own hitbox/stickless arcade stick? How much was it and how difficult was it to pull off?

I'm afraid the hitbox will be too large for my tiny hands and I'd like to build a custom one, but I have no knowledge in DIY stuff.

>how difficult was it to pull off
>I have no knowledge in DIY stuff
Might be pretty hard in that case.
Buttons will be about 20$, PCB can be 35-90$ depending on what you want and wiring would be about 15$ at most. Making a case for it will most likely take a shit ton of time if it's your first time doing one.

Is there a reason why we have two generals?

Understood. So do you think raw materials + getting somewhere to make exact cuts like Home Depot would amount to under $200? That's how much a hitbox costs on the official website and I guess it's patented or some shit because there's zero stickless alternatives.

if you look closer at the OP of this one, you'll see it's a troll

I see that now but I could swear that this OP's template was used at one point many years ago.

The franchise needs to just be allowed to retire gracefully. Many of these character and system design decisions were made 20+ fucking years ago, when video games were still a budding art form and nobody knew much of anything about how to make them. What's weighing the game devs down is being stuck with those decisions because nobody wants to play SF without the nostalgia factor.

Realistically though we can't expect Capcom to ever stop suckling at the teat, so what we really need is an indie dev, someone to make a game to Street Fighter what Skullgirls is to MvC; inject new ideas and a new design that nevertheless maintains a strong appreciation for what made the games worth imitating in the first place. And then we need our legions of Capdrones to be willing to take a chance on something that doesn't have the official seal on it.

So again, to be realistic, we're waiting on Capcom going bankrupt.

Stick to one thread.

which non mutants do you guys want for Mvc4?