/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last Thread: Underrail and Underrail accessories

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

gamejolt.com/games/bernband/34864
underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2789.0
store.steampowered.com/app/550560/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GAME OF THE THREAD
BERNBAND
gamejolt.com/games/bernband/34864
it's a game about an alien world that you just kinda walk around in. The game has a really unique feelto it though if you like "walk around and explore" games.

Is there dialogue?

That's not a game so it can't be game of the thread

I don't like where this lore is going. Cards have dna and are maybe alive.

Looks cool. I'll (((play))) it

What the fuc this legandary I got as price is just insanely OP. I am sure I could create an unbeatable deck with it if I bothered with card effects.

GAWDAMMOOT FREE DRONES

why

That fucking window has to be the comfiest thing in the entire game.

what game is this? why is there a card with iji stuff on it? from the same developers?

I need to take a break before continuing my 2nd run of underrail. Everything is still too fresh in my mind. Think I'll actually finish exploring the whole world on my main character and get him to 25 before continuing on with my level 9 sniper

Card City Nights
I just bought it because user keeps posting it and looks cool

>need 157 mechanics to craft armor
>with workbench and +2 int food have 155

>not maxing mechanics

It is.
I have to wait until next level I guess.

Is there any way around gassing the Drone or do I just have to shrug my shoulders and get it done?

Well, you could also just not do it. But if you mean an alternative path, there is none. It's actually a pretty interesting quest though, so it's worth playing just for that.

does carnifex drop any good loot?
I cant get to it because of the net

He has a pretty good tabi, but otherwise not really. And you can make better tabis with Tailoring anyway.

I fucking hate junkyard

get good

>get thick skull
>realize dazed doesnt trigger second wind

JUST

To be honest after all the horror stories I was expecting something much worse. And that was pre-nerf Junkyard.

Still beats being out of control.

is the Stardew Valley general dead?

Yes for a while already.

Is the soundtrack good

I find myself humming to a lot of background music and battle themes.

>mines
>traps at 0

Eh, decent Perception is enough to see them. I had 7 PER and 0 in traps, and never accidentally stepped into one.

My perception is 4

Wear motion tracking googles.

Keep a few frags to detonade them safely from a distance if they are in the way.

I am wearing them. I don't know how detection works (like range, or whatever) but I can stand right next to where I know a mine is and I won't see it.

Finally after all this time, it is done.

What level should I be when heading to the junkyard? I'm 6 at the moment playing on oddity. I feel like I've been searching everywhere but I just keep finding repeat oddities.

You are doing good. There will be plenty new oddities once you get to Junkyard.

Well you can't expect to insta detect them at long range even with motion tracking goggles when your PER is only 4.

Now you could try to make a better shield.

Not him but my PER is low because that was supposed to be a part of my character's background. Didnt know the place is fucking littered with mines, or even know how mines worked until 10 or so hours in

That's a lot of shielding.
I have 3 per but my trap skill, and heat resistance, keeps me pretty safe.

is it enough if I focus on persuasion for my pro-protectorate run or do I need mercantile too or some other shit?

>Not him but my PER is low because that was supposed to be a part of my character's background.
Well in that case having trouble with finding mines is a part of your characters background too.

You can also turn your energy shield on when you are expecting traps.

HE CAN'T KEEP GEttiNG AWAY WITH THAT!

Persuasion is enough. All mercantile does is let you save some money or get bigger cash rewards from quests.

Thougts on Ittle Dew?

Oh yeah 100% OJ now got super moves for the npcs too.
Excellent 'zeldalike'. It is very puzzle heavy which makes it a bad stream game and annoy action folks but it does it really well.

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure since I keep dying to the initial wave of enemies. I didn't know if it was because I'm playing poorly, or if pulling like 4 dogs and 6 guys was too much.

are any of the non-workbench upgrades useful for the house in underrail?
I could sink a lot of money into this just not sure what security could do beyond skyrim tier autism

>are any of the non-workbench upgrades useful
No, I don't think so.

Watching a stream of normal Zelda sounds boring as h*ck. Speedruns of anything but OoT or tLoZ sound miserable

Nope, they are useless. But some of it looks good. Not always the most expensive though.

On an unrelated note, I wish there was a way to have this as a regular armor. It just looks so silly, and I want to out-X-Men the Faceless.

>I wish there was a way to have this as a regular armor
There is a way to do that, at least until its fixed.

underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2789.0

>If you mine the tiles where the Runners spawn on killing either one interrupts the cutscene. This results in the player character not walking forward with the gate closing behind them. No aggro is gained by doing this as the runners are independent and aren't affiliated with any factions. This gives player access to both the lockers and the elevator as the gate does not shut. Speaking to Andrea results in her asking if we want to start the gauntlet but this time the cutscene does not play. Player must still pull lever in final room of Gauntlet and speak to Andrea for quest completion. All items brought into Gauntlet are deleted when completed. Even if you cull the competition the final room will still spawn the two different runners.

>At least you can keep all the loot in the lockers including the unique yellow tracksuit by doing this.

Is there a map for the upper level?

Oh shit, oh shit, I'll have to do this before it's too late. Sure that thing is useless, but fuck it, I'll find a way to compensate for it.

The first thing I'll do once acquiring it will be Motioning until I get the "I'm the chosen one!" thing. Fuck yeah, ugly yellow jumpsuits. It's like something straight out of an old comic book.

Thanks, man.

upper underrail is small as fuck though

>engage lunatics in the mall thinking it will be meh
>shield and weapon isnt even charged
>stacks keep coming at me and killing me in a shop

well that wasnt easy

Am I doing this wrong?
Faggot Runner just tanked two Frag Mines, an Electrokinetic Imprint, and a TNT.

So I assumed during the cutscene they are immortal.

>Faggot Runner just tanked two Frag Mines, an Electrokinetic Imprint, and a TNT.
What's stopping you from using more?

What MK are you using? I and II are not that strong.

>So I assumed during the cutscene they are immortal.
No, nothing changes durning cutscenes.

The Imprint alone should have a good chance of one-shotting them, and my movement options are kind of limited, what with the guard standing there and all. But alright, let's try some more.

Okay, it worked out. Sadly however despite people inside the Gauntlet not minding it, that shit still turned Praetorians hostile.

Ah well. Time to import.

Retard here, what's a good level to leave traps at?

Just enough to use all bear traps and MK III frag/HE mines, the best you can get without crafting.

This is how a dream comes true.

You could also, you know, just export your character while in Gauntlet. Since that's what you had to do anyways.

I don't think they're going to "fix" the silly things you can do with traps and cutscenes, because that's just the way the those mechanics coincide. There are many ways to break the game if you go looking for them, that's just one of them.

Does it matter which branch of tchortism I join?

Not really, but that's a good place to leave a backup save for other reasons.

True. But then I'd have to give up on my equipment. And fuck me if I'm going on another hunt for good electronic parts. Moreover, I'd have to replay the entire tutorial, since I wouldn't have a way to break the rocks. And then go through the oligarch quests again. And that would be just a chore.

This solution was far from optimal, I would have preferred it if I could have just get away with it. But it's an acceptable compromise since now all I have to do rush through the Coretech research lab to trigger the Tchortist cutscene, and pick up where I left off. And the ending slides I couldn't give less of a fuck about.

PC needs more brain training games
store.steampowered.com/app/550560/

That looks weird.

>Genre: Casual, Indie
Wish games didn't do that. Casual is not a genre. Indie is not a genre.

Is it a game about nothing then?

I broke free of six's mindrape and then he tried to kill me.
I ran away and when I went back in his room he disappeared.
Is that bad?

It looks like it tells a yotsubalike story with brainage gameplay to connect scenes.

Nah, I wasn't talking about that.

Steam genres are worthless. There isnt even a puzzle or platformer genre, just a user tag which shows what a a pain the store was before the update.

Don't worry, the game actually accounts for that possibility. You'll miss out on some information this way, but not too much. But honestly, I kinda like how he gloats if you stop resisting, even though you COULD beat his mindrape if you wanted. He is so full of himself it shouldn't even be funny, but it really is.

>tag: roguelike
>not a roguelike at all but has a poor selection of random order rooms and die2grind mechanic
>tag:point&click
>it's a fucking telltale game
>tag: indie
>published by warner brothers
>tag: survival
>the game barely survives 2 weeks after launch because it is an unfinished mess

>>tag: survival
>>the game barely survives 2 weeks after launch because it is an unfinished mess
That's actually hilariously meta.

>underrail
>oddity
>have to side with the free drones to acquire the most of the oddities
>free drones are just derailed cucks that want to do illegal shit without being arrested for it

i get it all the "anarchism" stuff, but they are just stealing supplies from small communities and killing civilians

>i get it all the "anarchism" stuff, but they are just stealing supplies from small communities and killing civilians

The meaning of life is the will to power. Killing those who supposedly deserve it the least is the most empowering.

wait what mindrape are we talking here I never encountered this

That isn't just a small community. Rail Crossing is the center of the South's railway system. Cut it off, and you cut off trade between the important stations. Strategically Rail Crossing is more important than any other station of the South.

>tfw oddity was meant to stop xp metagaming
>people still metagame to get the most oddities
>even though you get to max level without that
Styg just can't win this one.

I am making a crossbow/trap fighter in underrail. Will it hurt me if I only put points into mechanics and biology and ignore electronics+chemistry? Other skill I got at stealth, persuasion, lockpick and hacking (I cant stand not knowing what is inside the boxes.)

I got perception at 10, so I won't need snooping to find secrets, right?

I also got paranoia, so hopefully those bitchass cave scorpions won't be an issue.

Can you just kill the drones normally and THEN do the gas?

Even if oddities gave no xp at all, I am sure some people would want to get them all just for sake of having a complete collection.

>tfw beat the game at level 22
>going to have to run around everywhere and explore shit now

electronics is amazing for god tier shield emitters
you can face tank the final boss and all his shit with a good one
>persuasion

The thing about crossbows is, you don't use normal bolts for anything except few special attacks. It's all special bolts.

>electronics
You want minimum 40-60 skill for mk2-3 shock bolts. Preferably 100+ for good shield emitter since those are the most powerful crafted items by far.
>chemistry
Do not ignore it. Incendiary bolts are too good to pass and corrosive acid bolts make the endgame much easier. There are few corrosive bolts in DC, but it's just so much better if you can craft as many as you want

Snooping will be useless with 10 per, yes.

I'm retarded and can't quit spamming through chat in Lisa the painful, keep activating pain mode.
Have a save on pain mode already, just want to play casually.

>Anyone upload a save file?

Nothing special, just his oppressive aura that causes you pain and makes it hard for you to think clearly. And if you resist he increases the pain and puts even more pressure on your mind. And if you tell him something he is interested in, he fucking puts his mind-worm into your brain to monitor the activity of your neurons. All while being a complete dick about it.

honestly, this oddity playthrought made me more a murderhobo than my last classic one
>gotta kill this nigga because there's a chance of him having a oddity
>plot a bajillion of ways to kill him so i can get that oddity
>turns out he didn't had so i spent 1 hour of my life on nothing

yo senpai, drop persuasion, if you really want it just leave at effective skill of 60 so you can pass the check on the faceless from buzzer's shop to keep him alive wich is imo the only important one

also, if you do Abram's Quest fully you can leave hacking/lockpicking at the effective skill of 105 since the item you receive from that quest boosts those skills by +15

also, electronics and chemistry are really good to give up

Yeah but how does it lead up to that point

You could have skipped that 1h of planning if you only had checked his inventory with pickpocketing.

>pickpocketing exists

He instantly greets you with the aura. You can resist it with a combo of WILL and Thought Control, and it's fine as long as you fail. If you beat his aura he will become mad jelly of your abilities and attack you to cover up this embarrassment. If you play along, he will ask you about why you are after the Cube. If you tell him it's because of the Faceless Invasion, he drops the aura and leaves. But if you tell him about the missing merchants, he will mind-worm you and demand you tell him what station you came from. He will be able to detect your lie through the worm, which again will lead to him attacking you. Of course you can also just tell him the truth, in which case he just fucks off again.

yeah this has never happened to me
I don't know why you're being vague like do you not understand from my posts that this has never happened to me? I must've missed it by not going to a certain area or something so what I wanted to fucking know is where this happens
it's like I'm trying to converse with someone whose 4th language is English

>it's like I'm trying to converse with someone whose 4th language is English
This is technically correct. Although anything that isn't my native language is a second language, but never mind that.

You get this encounter in the West Wing of the Tchortist Institute. Happy?

Pickpocketing is really good. You end up with more ammo and drugs you ever need plus sometimes you find keys for places you couldn't otherwise.

>tchortists vs faceless
>wait 10 minutes for my turn to start
>can't use aoe or everyone will attack me
>one of the tchort bastards hits me with friendly fire

That's why I always kill every Tchortist in the room first. Faster than waiting for your turn.