Ford Model A Thread

How feasible would it be to have a real Ford Model A as a daily driver?

Here are some more pictures because old cars are awesome.

Depends, how far and fast do you have to commute?

Love this one.
As for a daily drive, keep this in mind: back on their time there were shitty roads, almost no roads at all.

Depends, does it have a lincoln motor a 4 barrel carb and a dual exhaust?

From what I've heard man with 4.11 gears you can really get lost I'd recommend safety tubes though even if you aren't scared of that kinda thing.

I really like those model A bodies, they make it look like a pup. If you're buying one be sure to check that the brakes are good and the tires are at least in fair condition since they can be kinda pricey.

365daysofa.com

Boy you're really going to drive me to drinking...

Not feasible at all. They can only cruise around 40mph because that was fast enough back then. Go 1932 and newer. There are some Fords with a flathead v8 that are still cheap or the other brands with 6 cylinders that would stand a better chance but still wouldn't be a good idea for the freeway. The interstate wasn't a thing until the 1950's

Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln.

There isn't any reason you can't do that.
it was somebody's daily driver before. It can be yours too. Keep in mind it will be very slow and take a good distance to stop.

as long as you never take it on the highway it would be passable as a daily driver

Not just the highways, stick to residential streets only. Those things only got up to 30.

Oldest DD I've seen was a 40s Chevy pickup. GWOT vet drove it faithfully each morning even through winter storms. Not sure how far he went but I always passed him on the highway ~8 miles outside of town so at least that far.

>no ecoboost

mfw i stayed up untill 2 solving captchas to post my classic car pictures, only to find out that the next morning it was all for nothing

>10,000 bucks
you can have better for less

like an early 70's landbarge thats easy to DD and looks sick

posting my pops 2 1920s cars

That depends on only one thing. How much money do you have?

Yeah and by that logic he could spend even less and get a '95 Panther chassis that will be even better to DD , OBD1 for diag.

Not old enough, defeats the purpose.

>engine swap
>install brakes
>install some modernization into the interior

Done.

Obd 1.
Diagnostics.

LOL. Thanks for letting me know the fuel trim and NOTHING else.

Not at all if it's original spec. You won't be able to go on any major roads, and the brakes are shit.

Having driven cars of that vintage I would recommend staying off of high speed limit high traffic single lane roads, and giving yourself plenty of time to stop. Maybe invest in one of those reflective triangles that people put on the back of tractors and such.