Are tiny houses a financially responsable decision?

Are tiny houses a financially responsable decision?

It's not the size, it's how you use it.

Seriously though, the trend goes towards smaller families, single households, more independence. If they're in a good neighbourhood they're a nice investment.

>seriously considering living in a cuckshed

They're an excellent way to save money, but I would personally only choose to live in one of these if I was already working from home and generating a large income. If the goal is to grow your net work and you/your SO do not mind confined spaces or live a normal/active life then I'd recommend it for a short-medium term stay.

might as well just live in a van than buy a tiny ass plot of land

Consider this:
>no or very little mortgage
>you can pick top of the line furniture (since you don't need as much)
>your girlfriend cant fill the place up with useless shit (since it's a confined space)
>you can shower an hour a day extra (since you don't waste energy on heating maybe many multiples of volume)

I dream of having a tiny house (maybe bus sized unit) on the outskirts of town when I'm off for uni

long term, no. once you have kids you need a house. these won't hold their value and now that there is a market for tiny houses, the builders of them are making them with too much stuff so they can charge top dolla for them. if you have land and build it yourself then they are ok. but if you are buying one, you are buying the meme. and paying the meme premium.

tiny-houseism has been killed by hipsters and wannabes desu. now they are cold, small, expensive apartments on wheels.

Terrible resale value and you aren't gaining any equity in appreciation. Just buy a cheap camper or trailer for 10% the cost.

Nope.

> Actually more expensive than a normal house, by the square footage
> Not practical
> Many zoning ordinances prevent them from putting them on land not zoned for a trailer
> Good luck in a hurricane or tornado

I think it's a meme that will die out. Green energy will grow and get better, but the tiny house thing is a fad.

I agree, but why bring kids into the equation? It's 2016, not the sixties. If you have kids, you're screwed, house our no house.

I suspect tiny home buyers feel above trailer park trash, the whole point of the tiny home meme no?

Yeah I mean myself, I would just buy a nice functional RV and truck to move it around from time to time and still have money left over to burn. It's an image thing is all, not practical. Maybe even for people who want a log home but can't be bothered to build one themselves I dunno.

Having kids is not a financially responsible decision in the first place.

Id rather live in a new Clayton home than a little dinky house on a travel trailer.

>once you have kids
>Veeky Forums

>cuckshed
>girlfriend

Is buying a shitty house in the city that the bank took from niggers who wouldn't pay and fixing it up and buying a gun a financially responsible decision? From what I can see the savings I get from buying a house in a worse neighborhood are massive and far outweigh any risk to personal safety or property.

>>you can pick top of the line furniture (since you don't need as much)
>>your girlfriend cant fill the place up with useless shit (since it's a confined space)

>try and save money and not give to the jew
>gives to the jew anyways
you fucked up.

haven't you learned by now?

the jew always gets his due.

she will fill the place because is weights 660 pounds and OP lives in a tent

Next year I am getting into real estate, buying a multi family home and living in one of the units and renting out the rest.

There is a part of me that wouldn't mind the idea of getting a few more properties under contract, rented out and/or under management. Then spend my time traveling around in a cozy custom mobile home RV thing which is what the tiny house trend is really.

It's no different then living in any manner of camping trailer, just because it's made of wood hipster numales and wannabe gypsy ladies think it's the greatest thing since pinterest.

>tiny house can't even withstand a natural disaster

>wood
>hipster

I wonder if anybody has ever made a tiny house entirely from rotten shipping pallets and old barn wood. Splinter city, but you know some douchebag with glasses stolen from a special ed kid circa 1991 would love it.

Well aint that a cuckshed op?

Kids being THAT expensive is just a meme, especially if you live in a country providing things like leave, free childcare, good free education, and child subsidies.

Probably, if you live in a first world country crime shouldn't be that huge of an issue. Also inner city housing is on the rise. Hold on to that apartment and one day it might be worth something.

>living in a trailer is now called 'the tiny house movement'

>> Actually more expensive than a normal house, by the square footage
Is this before or after you pay 2x the purchase price in interest?

pretty much this

send me back to /pol/ but having kids like has nothing to do with having less money.

>> kids aren't expensive

I take it you don't have children then, lol.

Kids are not a wise decision these days, for about a bajillion reasons.

Tiny houses are the future, but better still is tiny houses with bigger basements and full roof balconies. That way your basement is as big as your puny yard and your your dining room / kitchen is has that submarine stethoscope feel to it and your basement tv room is extra cozy.

I did it on sims.

That's a trailer, not a home

Yes, but you have to live around trash

>I agree, but why bring kids into the equation?

What's the point of your life?

hint: It's the same as everything else's life.

>>your girlfriend cant fill the place up with useless shit (since it's a confined space)
Just takes less shit to fill it up.

Otherwise, I live in a 'tiny' house. It's shit. Why would you want to go for what is basically a single room made out of materials that will rot away in a year?