/pg/ - Persona and Goro General

Previous Thread: NEWS
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/
>P5 Translations: p5anon.imgur.com/
>Trophies: imgur.com/a/AwlYV
>Full Soundtrack: mega.nz/#!SkhyDCDb!qlwAxLlyc1dNkBek3cJtT12Hf_oBXOaIm71Y9Vompy0I
>Locations/Dungeons/Misc: imgur.com/a/FEkpW
>Voice files: mega.nz/#!qcsmTQBR!eDpNzWytu6JQ1BYBoO79dhboXzdbZgz3T95jKlXX5U4
>Portraits: mega.nz/#!R0EzxIyb!WRA_4wI_4nOuZzrjbTeW8mo9LdfFn5Cx4y0HzYS8MG4
>Other Images: mega.nz/#!VlF1VAyA!KSzFsKg2r3Q_Drv6fSjP5kl-SuRUI_bAHzs8z_IjzWU
>The Soundtrack can be found at: domi-persona.tumblr.com/post/150303511502/p5-ost-unzip-pw-sharebymamoru-updated
>P5A: the Day Breakers is out and subbed on Nyaa
>P3: Winter of Rebirth BD rips are out on Nyaa
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016
>P5's English Cast: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>P5: The Aesthetics Artbook
mega.nz/#!BBR2BYoQ!zRI40J_hA7QzqnuUX_zcHbd7Uf36Me5sngLBFzwPEQY

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Haru!

1st for Rise

It can be both

Where's my fucking theme, Deep Silver?

FeelsGoodMan

Anal with Makoto!

it's shit

No love interest will ever be canon

Not only best pairing, but also canon.

...but P5 literally IS about the current state of society? The current state of society in JAPAN. The subjects that the game is tackling are very relevant to Japanese society and culture. Atlus just doesn't handle LGBT well or seemingly care about it. Probably because LGBT issues don't have the same spotlight on them as they do in the west where it's often at the very forefront of political debate and such. Japan has developed differently in regard to this.

Even when they have gay shit, Japanese media seems to be more about consumption and pandering than it is about muh representation and muh diversity, anyway.

>P5 waifu game is so weak a bland seito kaichou is "best girl"
What went wrong lads?

>Atlus just doesn't seemingly care about it
No one does.

>The current state of society in JAPAN.
Oh gee so homophobic as fuck too?

>LGBT
Fuck off tumblr.

Then why doesn't anyone ever shut up about it

If you want more cultural background you can check a couple of streamers who talked a bit about these issues, such as Jiyuna and some other streamers living over there

Spoiler, how they portrait society issues and how they see gay people is actually pretty accurate

Butthurt waifufags went wrong

>reposting your shitty ass bait from the previous thread
The sad thing is people will reply to this shit seriously

>why does this game about the current state of japan depict gays exactly how the current state of japan sees them and not how my western hugbox does

>anyone
It's a small and loud group on the internet.

What did I just say?

And I'm not from Tumblr mate, but sure.

but the point of the game is to criticise the current state of japan, not play into it

>Atlus just doesn't handle LGBT well or seemingly care about it.
Someone didn't play P2. Catherine had a trans character and the game is implied to be set in America.
P5's as you said about the current state of society in Japan. Why the fuck would you expect something the clashes with that completely to be present?

>optimal pairing

p2 isn't really a good example of handling lgbt issues well considering the gay character is a walking stereotype.

>Jun
>a walking stereotype
What

(You)

I literally explained why the game depicts them the way it does, or rather has no "representation" aside from the gay jokes. Atlus doesn't care about gays because that's the current state of Japan and politics in Japan. My point was that I think it's retarded to claim P5 is free of attempts at portraying political or societal problems just because you don't recognize them, when that's what the whole game is about.

He's extremely feminine and has feminine hobbies(flowers, horoscope, etc.). IIRC in one contact, Lisa puts make up on him.

>Catherine had a trans character

But I thought Erica's existence made people whine and rage because the game made fun of her?

are you kidding? is he not extremely feminine to the point of parody?

Critiquing it from the director's perspective on the issues. Obviously Hashino is homophobic. How could you have not picked up on this by now? Get the fuck over it, not everyone likes the idea of men fucking eachother in the ass.

And? Gay dudes can't be feminine? There's a lot more to his character than just being gay, it's unfair to call him a walking stereotype.

>american is triggered because how dare a country not being a carbon copy of america and not care for their western "issues"

>it's a "degenerate fudgepackers complain that the game doesn't pander to them and suck their HIV infected dick" episode

This. Enough with the "muh diversity" crap.
Faggots wanting games that pander to them are killing the industry.

>weeb nips will eat actual shit and love it as long as it's from japan and no one can criticize other cultures desu

America was a mistake, its nothing but trash

To be honest, Japan are right here. Faggots are fucking disgusting and modern America has ruined itself by not shunning them for the sick scum they are.

Honestly, I think nails it. Couple it with how bad they fumbled Kanji and Naoto (yes i know they're not gay/trans it's still a present theme) and they might be wary to try.

>161339992

I've never said that, it's not about being feminine or not per se, Jun just embodies stereotypes Japan pushes to gay men. Also, I'm not the one who said he was a walking stereotype, I've just exposed why the previous user said that.

The fact that trump actually won makes me happy since it means that all THE MUH MINORITIES fags are just a very, very vocal minority and the rest of non libtard people don't give a shit.

of course there's more to his character but as far as his sexuality goes they fall back completely on stereotypical tropes. i wouldn't call that handling lgbt issues particularly well.

/pg/ - fujo and homo general

I'm the user you mentioned. I don't even think they really fumbled Kanji or Naoto, to be honest... I think that was largely misinterpretation of Atlus' intentions with the characters The focus was to address strict gender roles in Japanese society. Naoto wanted to be a guy because that meant she could get respect in the workplace, whereas Kanji was afraid of feminine shit because of the negative connotations. Each of them game to accept themselves at the end of the game. This totally went to shit when the game hit the west because despite Atlus' good intentions, some of the writing was homophobic and trans people didn't like being told Naoto was actually a girl, yeah.

can we not go on a political tangent please
we're here to talk persona

Which persona girl is most likely to be a fujo?
Other than Chidori, thats too obvious.

Maya or Chie maybe.

What exactly is handling LGBT shit for you faggots? You don't see Jun go all angsty and shit because he got bullied by liking dudes and all that jazz and the rest of the cast telks him It's okay to be gay.
No, Jun is literally just fujobait for Tatsuya but people put him on a pedestal for being gay. Even though he showed no interest in other men aside from Tatsuya.

I'd say Futaba.

Anne looks good in Yusuke's costume

People who care about Jun being gay or not never played P2, let alone know shit about the character that isn't on the fucking Wiki's resume.
Jun being a faggot barely played any roll on the game other than being a negotiation option.

The game never even confirms that he's actually gay, does it?

>>>canada

He's Tatsuyasexual

Katsuya best boy

Tatsuya can choose him as a romantic option, though, and when you check the menu it says they're together. The subtext is pretty much on par with the female characters showing interest in Tatsuya. Some shadows make comments about them being gay, too. Years ago I also read an interview where the writer comments on it like "So Jun and Tatsuya are "like that," after all?" and talks about how they'd lie in bed with their hair tangled. I'm not shitting you. I'll find the excerpt if I have to, somehow.

Point is, it was pretty fucking gay.

This is my wife.

Best 3some

but muh gay characters also they have to cater my own specific views of how gays should ever be portrayed.

i hate it when we start talking about who's gay and who isn't please just go back to goroposting

She isn't real.

Ryuji looks surprisingly good in Futaba's outfit

Right but like that other user said it's pretty much that he's just Tatsuyasexual. That's fujobait, and it's not really "handling LGBT issues".

>Knight Goro
Would be funny to see him and Makoto matching outfits.

Oh, yeah, I wasn't saying they handled LGBT issues as a theme or plotline. They just had a not-straight character, that's all.

Yusuke in Haru's is way better.

Yusuke would actually look good in that if the shorts were longer pants.

>normalizing mental illnesses in your society
bu-but progress we must criticize cultures that don't abide to our great western moral

this is dumb, they should be with the character they have the best chemistry with
Ryuji dressed as Anne
Yusuke dressed as Futaba
Joker dressed as Makoto
and Goro is the leftover so he should be dressed as Haru.

How long will it take for Atlus to confirm Goro's alive anyway? They started to give Adachi a more "obviously evil" representation after Golden, which was 4 years after P4.

(You)

shit taste for normies

This before the game came out user

But he's right though. You need to find help.
This is like letting someone with autism go about their life like any other without getting them the assistance they need.

>Makoto has the best chemistry with Potter

ha ha

wait, how are mental illnesses normalized? they're literally called mental illnesses for a reason

Are you serious? She's basically the co-leader of the group and always sides with him when the group is divided.

You're not real.

I am you.

Not in his deranged fantasy world

(You)

>character sides with joker because "good chemistry"
>just every other party member who would suck joker's dick if he asks

Arena 3.

All in all, this talk about gay characters/dating/whatever should be done by nip fans. Atlus isn't trying to please part of the western audience and it's silly for some people to place their expectations onto them. Especially when Persona is a waifu game aka neogaf

>he's right and i have no argument
Okay.

>Persona is a waifu game

No, i-it is an engaging narrative with fun and lovable characters! >.<
Waifus are creepy and everyone who thinks about it should be jailed!

>Atlus isn't trying to please part of the western audience

i'm guessing you didn't read that recent interview where the CEO literally says they want to focus more on marketing to the west and europe more and try to break out of being just a tiny niche game

That was the Atlus USA CEO. Of course he'd say that.

Probably 2018. The P5 anime and first spin-off should be released by then.

Wasn't there just an interview talking about their interaction with the western audience

>Atlus USA CEO

LMAO. How's that 2015 release going, Hardin?

He is on the board of directors m8.

(You)

the ceo stated the reason they pushed the release back was because after seeing just how well it sold overseas they wanted to make sure the localization was optimal for the west in terms of "culturalisations"

He's worth jack shit in the grand scheme of things.
They didn't get the fucking game until it was released in Japan, let alone manage to get Atlus JP caring about the west in any way.

Accept it, the western market is just secondary extra profit made in the cheapest possible way.
We aren't worth shit to Atlus.

>Negrogaf retards writing walls of text in support of a reposted bait
>Hardin
Explendid thread

You're not me.

No, it was because they got the game too late and underestimated how long it would take to get the job done, rushing it and we ending up with embarrassing shit like "Suckmahtoe".

How can a game set in Japan with japanese characters and thematics fit in many westerns values? That's what I meant by pleasing. One thing is to change their marketing, another is to approach certain issues that are more pertinent to the West.