2012 Volkswagen Jetta

Sup Veeky Forums. Time for a shitpost.

Going to get my first car soon, was looking at a 2012 Jetta 2.5L I-5 Cylinder.

It's got 58,000 miles and it's going for $9,630.

I want this car to last me a good while and I know that's going to require work and maintenance, but will Jettas require more work and maintenance or anything like that?

If not the Jetta, what cars would you guys recommend as a good first for under $10,000?

Sorry I'm not that much of an expert on cars, and I know this board's probably already flooded with posts like these.

pic related it's the car.

Other urls found in this thread:

app.vw.ca/ihdcc/fr/configurator.html#30906
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2015+1
>people still considering VAG trash as any kind of purchase.
This car will not last you a long time. Consider buying Japanese.

Fuck off fur fag.
But youre right

Not a fucking Volkswagen, for starters. Buying a VW outside of warranty is asking for trouble, especially if you're new to cars and can't do any wrenching yourself.

If you don't know anything about cars, do yourself a favor and go buy yourself the best Toyota/Lexus you can afford.

In fact, if you want a nice car go get yourself a Lexus GS350 in good condition.

Am not fur

wolfies just fine honey
wolfies just fine

you can get a new 2017 jetta for 12000usd in canada, come get one app.vw.ca/ihdcc/fr/configurator.html#30906

why the fuck do people still buy vag shit?

I have one. 2015 Jetta GLI. Can't say it's the best, but it's certainly not the worst. Not sure why Veeky Forums despises "vag," but whatevs

It's Wolfy to you nigger.

They're shit boring fwd cars and we like fun cars

Can't argue with that. The car I had before was rear wheel and it's definitely a let down in that regard. Current car is dropped about an inch.5 lower than factory, but obviously you don't get the driver's-car luxuries like easy drifto in the rain and hilariously fun poor traction in snow

The main reason why VW is disliked is because it doesn't know what it wants to be. It markets itself as a sophisticated brand for enthusiasts and classy euro-wannabe's, but it's also an economy brand.

So you end up with economy cars that don't have any of the desirability of the other luxury German makes, but you do get all of the dependability problems.

Ultimately, if your plan is to buy a practical economy car and keep it, buy Japanese. Only get VW if you're not going to keep it past warranty because there's a higher chance that you'll end up regretting it.

Don't fucking do it. The 2.5 is a shit engine. Power of a 4 with the fuel economy of a v6. Vag reliability too. Just get a civic for 3k.

I've got a 2016 GLI and I like it. We'll see if the Veeky Forums memes are real when my warranty ends.

Sell it before it runs out. trust me.

>Buying a newer VW out of warranty

damn son, that's just straight up stupid. Go buy an old civic for your first car.

>Friend bought the 2.5 jetta wagon new in 2010
>130k miles later, the only thing that broke was the release latch for the trunk

He's had 0 problems with it, the only problem he had was it was his first euro car that was a gateway to better euro cars. He now owns a BMW and an old Porsche.

I'll definitely keep it in mind

Do
Not
Get
The

I'm in used cars. Stay the hell away from a VW outside of warranty. We sell a warranty type plan, and it's 2x the price on a VW as any of the Korean or Japanese brands. It's about 90% of the cost of the same plan on a BMW, to give you some idea.

>VAG
>ever
Even the fucking Koreans make better cars than VAG at this point.

Does it have the DSG ? If so, RUN.

You do NOT want to be the owner of a VW with DSG with that mileage at that price. They now service them instead of replacing them outright, but the surface coating on the clutch plates in the DSG flakes off over time and clogs up passages in the mechatronic. They've gotten better, added filters, etc but it's still a major expense on something that used to last 200K miles on old school slushboxes. Now you're supposed to flush the fluid every 30K miles for $350. Why? Because the fluid it full of abrasive clutch facing material. I won't even go into the dual mass flywheels.

t. I worked for the tier-1 who developed the clutches. It's been a while, but I've always hated the friction material design.