/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Rocket barrage Edition

Currently on sale on Origin as well as consoles. Enter "TITAN20" code at Origin checkout for an additional discount.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network update with info on DLC, new Titan kits, game mode tweaks & more:
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-2/
Angel City map coming december, late november for preorders
Prime Ion and Scorch skins coming in December
The pc network has been purged, join on the new one linked above

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

If you cant find games in a specific mode, try playing mixtape.

Doomed thread

first for tone is cute

>Tone

Second for Tone a ugly, even plain-jane Northstar is better

Tone is for catching off guard and melting

Who /Bronin/ here?

Post holiday weekend spike is depressing.

If a pilot phase shifts can I phase shift after him to kill him?

Reposting OFFICIAL PIN-UP NOSE ART POWER-RANKINGS
Scorch (2>1, plus dat red hair)>Northstar (red hair, biggest tits, gasmask)=Ion (cute, makes Ion the girls face>Legion>>>>Ronin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tone (literally just worse scorch, with blue hair)

>Oi! This is what you were born for!!!
I never felt such confidence in my abilities until Blisk believed in me! Apex Predators FALL IN!!!!!!

>mfw my team of three ronins and two northstars just steam rolled a normal team 4 rounds in a row on exoplanet

>[RDDT]
>Volt
>Tone
>Cloak

no. damage cannot be recieved in the upside down

Fucking what is the point of the SMR? Is there a weapon you're supposed to pair with it, or what?

Ronin is slowly working his way into my Titan mains.

1st/2nd Pick: Ion and Scorch
3rd Pick: Ronin

I never typically use Northstar or Tone. Legion just for fucking around.

I use to be a Tone guy. Got her leveled up to 34. But I have discovered the beauty that is Ion and there's no going back. Is it better than Tone? no. Is it worse? maybe. Don't matter I love it.

why the FUCK can't i run/slide between a titan's legs

Cause their massive cocks crush you.

You basically use it as your dedicated Anti-titan weapon, and take a pistol as secondary.

It's pretty garbage against pilots, but especially when amped it can shred through enemy titans fast. It's more of a Last Titan Standing pick than anything else.

>tfw have beaten three Ronin in melee with an Ion today

It's primarily used to whittle down Titans rather than being an outright destructive means of wrecking them. That said, it is more than useful at dropping infantry and pilots. It may not have the quickest fire rate, but it's more than capable weapon that can be used in multiple modes. Most most recent build incorporates SMR, Wingman, and Holo pilot. It may not seem like the most effective build but I'm having a blast.

How does a Ronin beat a Scorch? Everytime I play Scorch and a Ronin tries to fuck with me and starts slashing, I just use my flame shield and it does more damage than his sword so he pussys out and runs.

Ronin should never try and drop an Ogre body with just the sword unless they get the drop on them.

Ronin should use that shotgun and arc blade to fuck them from a distance and then charge in for the kill.

why does it seem like you dont experience recoil in any of your webms with the flatline?

Favorite maps, /tfg/?

How would BT even be able to check for a "hot streak" sensation?

Flatline has almost no vertical recoil but a whole lot of left/right kick for the first few rounds, from what little I've used it

Eden is fun. It's my mapfu

I'm pretty certain that I'm the only person who plays this game with headphones.

So many fucking times I'll watch a blue just sit there shooting next to an enemy on a rooftop, both of them just oblivious to another.

Or I'll be the first to fall in a titan, and there's some guy with an MGL shooting at me... friendlies just run by him and don't see or hear him.

He has very good mobility, so what you want to do is completely bait out the flame shield using phase dash and normal dashes combined with block. Reload while phase dashing to come back with good damage ready. Use arc wave when behind scorch to prevent him from turning. Block if hit by any thermite to make the damage trivial because it is a small dot. Don't use melee because scorch is good at close range, just focus on shotgun and evading. Overall scorch is not a very difficult engagement, but because of his large health capacity I would not do it unless he is at three bars or less.

The only engagements that give me trouble with Ronin are Legion and Northstar. Legion because sword block doesn't stop machine gun damage very well and Northstar because she can usually match your mobility.

I O N
O
N

Black Water Canal and Complex for LTS.
In all other modes, I legitimately don't have a favourite. Pretty much all the maps are playable, but just not very exciting or unique. Even Eden annoys me a bit by how easy it is for shitters to snipe all across the map. Also terrible in LTS.

I'm hoping they didn't fuck with Angel City and just ported it entirely straightly.
Houses don't need 5 more huge windows for titans to shoot into. And the roofs certainly don't need a "you are now leaving the battlefield" note.

Ion is the sleeper hit, she'll be the next meta and everybody will hate her

my lad

>aim down sights and crouch before shooting
Are you sure you're not playing BF2142?

What use do you get out of ricochet rounds besides hitting pilots in buildings?

I don't really have one favourite map but my favourite three are Boomtown, Blackwater canal and Exoplanet

>Ricochet rounds

Why? Haven't really tried them, been using faster teleport recharge so I can doge cores and get an extra dash in when I need it.

especially if that user keeps posting those stupid buffalo wing codes

its useful for precisely this
useful for shooting around corners / into buildings

ive since switched to thunderstorm because it helps a lot in titan fights

>SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS 12/12
>STARTING SERVER
>STARTING SERVER
>STARTING SERVER
>STARTING SERVER
>STARTING SERVER
why

This has been me all day.

Eden, Boomtown, or Homestead are the best in my opinion

Anyone know about how much of a segment of an HP bar the ronin shock wave attack does?

>StoryBro
When did you return, and when are you continuing your stories?

>super lethal laser not quite hitscan laser
>but it only has two shots

>no u shield reflect shield
>but the more you catch the faster it burns out

>tripmines
>they suck

>the worst rifle in existence
>you can waste all your energy making it slightly less shitty

>high damage core
>basically asking for death while you use it

Ion is tempered, balanced power
Makes me wonder how the same team came up with do everything kill everything tone

Eden, Exoplanet, Boomtown, Drydock

Coincidentally all maps that are pretty good for pilots, which is where the real fun is

>B-but I charge from there!
Where does BT post these?

I honestly think all of the maps are extremely good except for complex and crash site.

Stop changing the op you autist

I kinda hate drydock
the lanes are basically tone central and the grunts wander around too much

How do we fix Titanfall 3?

>When you carry your team to victory

like said , she's balanced. excels at poking and being a hard counter to legion. Ronins and occasionally Tones give me trouble but hardly anybody plays her.

I find that there is almost never a huge enemy presence in the outer lane by the evac ship, so I usually have a pretty good time using it to flank

This is mostly how I feel about the maps. Though Kodai certainly isn't winning any awards, and Black Water Canal promotes some seriously shitty pilot gameplay.

Crash Site should have never gotten past QA though, somewhere someone involved in the development of that map should have just cancelled it. That map is garbage incarnate.

>Remove sprint
>Make everything hitscan
>Remove titans
>Add killstreaks
>Cloak is full invis and it lasts forever
>Benis :DDD

I love this game, but fuck, the grinding is crazy. It takes so long to unlock anything. All I want are sick ass titan face paints.

Remove 3rd person animations.

>[ADV] mongoloids in Attrition who go 1-0-3 because they're too stupid to focus on grunts

Why do I keep getting matched with these people.

Crash is just straight up
>oh shit we need another map
>we still have those assets from single player
>let's just throw them together and ship it, EA's cracking the whip

the worst part is that moment after spawn where the boost menu opens if you jump
fucking awful

Replace the volt with the EVA 50% of the time, and you're 100% right

>That one guy who has 1 kill and tops the leaderboard because he has a shitload of mook kills

That's called a hero, user.

I want to fuck that IMC sniper.

You really need to run phase shift or cloak on it to have fun as a pilot, you're right about it being a meat grinder against Tones. But for me at least, it has the right amount of neat wallrunning routes to be an alright map.

Which is the best core for Ion?

is this game dead on xb1? I really wanna play it but not if it's dying fast.

relevant, even though we lost

>Ever getting matched with competent players

Dream on

Games have a sadistic streak to match good people with bottom of the barrel trash against a semi competent team

Get in line

How make good EPG loadout?

Not even close to dead there.

>2 Legions unloading into 2 Vortex Shields

EPG, tactikill and extended mags
Stim, gravity star and charge rifle

can anyone else find a fucking game? It's just searching and starting over and over.

why charge rifle instead of a pistol?

When I'm not going fast, old habits jump in.

Long range kills

ION!

i like using cloak over EPG personally. it just brings extra confusion to everything + low profile for overkill if i'm feeling like a faggot.

holy shit i cannot think.

cloak over stim, jesus christ.

why the fuck is nade cooking allowed in coliseum? or even the damn charge rifle when there is no cover from it? there is no line of sight, anyone with any kind of aiming ability can 2 shot someone at light speed. its all fun and stuff until someone pulls out the charge rifle or cooks nade till they explode a nanosecond before you can phase shift

>you are dominating

>You will never run a train on an IMC Sniper with your buds
Why even live.

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO GET IN A GAME I WANT TO GO FAAAAAAAAAAAST

>when you and your foe go so frickin fast you lose track of each other and go do something else

Why tactikill and not gunrunner? I like running and shooting.

Tactikill gives you stim every couple of kills, gunrunner is useless if you are hopping and wallrunning enough

Gunrunner is a crutch for people who can't parkour/slide hop, since you can always shoot while doing those things.

Drop gunrunner and start learning proper movement

terrorists get out

Quick reload is not quick?

is there SFM somewhere or what

Phase
EPG-tactikill and ammo
Charge-hack and ammo
Frag
Regen
Low profile

The most robust toolkit
Show them there is no escape from the colosseum

Yeah, some peeps are working on porting over models. Those

coldwar and softball shots can be shot a million feet up into the air, and still come down about 6 seconds later. some math nerds should do calculations on where to shoot them to hit enemy players at spawn or somethin like that. im sure it can be done if you can hit players in dropships with a pulse blade.

>Just learned the dropships that drop in grunts have healthbars
Has anyone killed one? Any points it gives?

Is there anything I can do to actually play the game? I cant find one at all

TERRORIZED