/hbg/ - Hombrew and Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. [Gist] readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/comments/5fayre/99_nintendo_confirmed_system_update_56_upcoming/daje4ty/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh shit, this came in today.

What do?

Also, how can I tell if I got an IPS screen with it?

I think it's 11.0, so wait for slowhax.

>11.0

>Also, how can I tell if I got an IPS screen with it?
3DSident or

lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php

Go to that site on your 3DS and if the darkest square you can discern is the number 8 square, it's definitely an IPS. If you can discern number 4, then it's a TN.

This is because TNs have better black detail, whereas IPS have black crush, so you can see the darker shade of black (#4) on the TN, but not on the IPS.

you hardmod it or use your hacked 3ds and do the dsiware downgrade and just look at from the side if it looks like shit it's tn

>-Adrenaline released. [Gist] readme.txt

nice link op

Daily reminder that Nintendo knows when you're running homebrew CIA's since it gets reported through the Friends Code network.
Just waiting for the banhammer.

5.6 incoming for Wii U
Block updates/delete Internet settings/unplug your Wii U

To be fair I didnt know if it would automatically embed or I would have to click the link then paste there again

Is 128gb for the N3ds overkill or will I be fine with 64gb?

>double TN

kill me

>use your hacked 3ds and do the dsiware downgrade
I've got a 2DS with RX Tools, seems like I need to change to the new hotness to be able to do this.

kek

(yes)

This is not I will check momentarily and report back

64 is plenty. if you get a 128, you'll likely hit the 300 installed title limit before filling the card.

Which one is the good one? I got one on friday and it's apparently a TN.

>I'm thinking about getting a 3ds soon, but I want the best bet at purchasing one on a low firmware: is it worth it to possibly over-pay on Ebay for a low-firmware New 3ds XL vs trying stores like Target, Walmart, Gamestop, etc. in hope of getting an older model?
>Searching around it looks like there was a Majora's Mask bundle n3ds xl on a low fw, but I haven't seen those in months.
>Lastly, as far as just buying one off ebay that's listed on a low fw, what's a 'fair' price for a couple n3ds xls?

I don't have much experience with hunting 3ds in stores, but as far as purchasing a system you could just get one of those refurbished n3ds xls that Nintendo is selling on eBay for $170 usd and wait for a hack, assuming Nintendo didn't update them to 11.2 or just wait for the prices to drop after Christmas on eBay and buy a low fw n3ds xl after the market crashes.

IPS

ips

they're both fine. a majority of people couldn't tell the difference unless looking at them side-by-side.

Where were you when pirates got steins;gate 0 early and /vitagen/ got btfo again?

>11.0

so can i downgrade or do i sit here and wait?

I was here shitposting instead of playing it

wait

every 3ds from blackfriday is TN

stop asking

Last thread someone linked a fork of ctr-httpwn that wasn't Plailect's or ys8.
It included a server.zip without a readme, what was that for?
Just curious, as it I can confirm that the fork does work on 11.1 US if you fix the config url file. Currently browsing the eshop, might update the Badge Arcade.

reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks/comments/5fayre/99_nintendo_confirmed_system_update_56_upcoming/daje4ty/

its so you can host a mirror of ctr-httpwn in case the other mirrors go down

Also what is that update even for.

So if I'm on 7.1, what's the best option for hacking my 3DS?

Is there any way to update to 9.0 and then just use Menuhax?

Where do the files inside them go? Root?

follow the guide

ok /hbg/, Redbull me on why I need to buy a DS game on the Wii U eshop?

boot Decrypt9 and downgrade to 2.1 to get OTP for a9lh

follow the guide

what? no its for hosting a server from the computer

dont worry about them

so you can boot to HBL without internet (no loadiine.ovh, no local server)

other thread got archived so I'll post this again
I have an old 3ds that's still on 6.3
maybe I'm retarded and missed it but I didn't see if there was anything to use the homebrew launcher for something that old
is there a way to directly update to 9.2?

follow the guide

Then how would we go about doing that.
Teach me the ways of the Hackerman senpai.

First time hacking my 3ds here; does anyone have any recommendations of the homebrew starter kit vs. launcher in the getting started part? Or are they basically the same?

when's slowhax

just do what it fucking says

A little slower than five hours. Tops.

why would you want to?

and that would be networking, which i have no idea on

probably 33c3 - december 27th

don't lie, user

it's a full 5 hours. nothing more, nothing less

Trying to setup homebrew on my 3ds, but when attempting to transfer the files using the built in ftp I get this error

>To make things easier, we put together the homebrew starter kit; you can just download it and extract it at the root of your SD card. Alternatively, you may choose to only download The Homebrew Launcher menu executable and place it at the root of your SD card.

Looks like I have 2 options here buddy, and if you actually read my post you'd see I'm asking what people generally find preferable/easier to use! Thanks for your post though, very helpful.

okay, apparently it just doesn't like files that aren't images. I guess I'll have to get a microsd card reader.

just use the full starter kit (.zip file)

Thanks user

In the middle of the transfer process now for DSIWareHax - which option is better? PC based, low capacity, or wireless transfer?

that's the part of the guide that on smea's page which is different, in the guide it doesn't tell you to just get the executable it says get the starter kit idk how you got lost on that

that's not*

when hacking your 3ds just use an sd card reader, anything that's "built in" is going to be a pain to use

once it's hacked, use ftpd and filezilla to transfer files

>tfw

>didn't buy the games I needed for dsiwarehax when I had the chance
fug

yeah, I know. I just wanted to avoid having to pull out the sd card initially

still one left

oh yeah. thanks user

>having to update to 5.5.1 on Wii U even though you know it's safe
>still sweat profusely

What part are you not understanding? I'm not lost I was wondering which one out of those two things people preferred.

Anyone complied a translated Steins;Gate Zero maidump yet?

Which one? It doesn't say in plailect's.

right nice try though

Mine had a bottom IPS, actually. The second one I grabbed was double TN. The difference is visually very obvious.

Anyone?

>tfw updating emunand to latest back in the day

Now that shit was terrifying

Greets.

My PS4 is on 4.05. Is it worth it to keep at this firmware? I like to cfw/jailbreak whenever possible and I just learned ps4 has a scene, so I figured it out late.

Secondly, and this depends on a yes from the first question, can you update a disc based game without being on the most recent system software?

Thanks.

>My PS4 is on 4.05. Is it worth it to keep at this firmware?
yes, 4.06 patches shit

how was that scary? You did keep regular backups of your emunands, didn't you?

It was the initial downgrade that was terrifying.

Legends of Exidia

god updating from RxTools to Luma was such a slog but i finally did it.

twice.

>40$ for a piece of shit game while waiting for an exploit that might never happen
>60$ for a hardmod

Are you kidding me?

Because the entire time you were working on it you knew updating sysnand would fuck you and so you internalized that you should never ever do anything that could make you update, and it was hard to tell if you were even in emunand or not sometimes.

Even when you were 100% sure you were safe, it was still hard to bring yourself to do it.

>40$
exidia is only 8 dollars

This is the proper way of thinking anyway, updating without sweating bullets and triple checking is a good way to accidentally fuck yourself

>he fell for the a9lh meme

Daily reminder this literally doesn't matter

is it possible to hack a 3ds below v9.0

Before I had A9LH I always triple-checked before updating my emunand. It never hurts to be sure before you do something that'll potentially fuck you over.

Yes

How do I browserhax on 11.0? It tells me I have to update.

>a9lh

Menuhax, famalam

four swords anniversary? the free one they gave away right?

I too have a mutt 3ds with a top TN and bottom ips. why the shit did they bother making mutts over both tn or both ips? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of using tn to save money? Then again what's even the difference in a bottom screen being tps vs tn?

but i cant use browserhacks right, should i use home menu or what

Sure you can.

Which one the better n3ds screen? IPS or the other one?
Just say one, I don't understand your autistic jargon if it goes beyond anything newer than plug-in-colored-cables-and-play CRTs.

IPS

oh neat, ty ty ty

TN

Just read plailect's guide

didn't someone find a way to get browserhax working on 11.0 with router trickery? there were links last thread

Can you update a PS4 physical game without being on the most recent system software?

Who knows. Nintendo's panel lottery is quite the shitshow. Try to stay positive and think that at least you can adjust the angle of the top screen, while the bottom one benefits from the increased viewing angle :O)

Unless he has an old 3DS running on a version lower than 9.0 like he said

IPS