/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Pawn Squad Assemble Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

=============================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLd

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5RRvhlb-ID0SXZiUTN5NE80cHc/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

link to old thread

I lose 20 frames which is bearable. Now when I turn AO on i lose 40-50.

Damn, that's quite a bit actually

There's a lot of post going on, it actually looks very overblown in gransys.

I want these colours please.

Download reshade and use it with dd. You'll have to mess with its settings to get what you want but the basics would be to increase contrast and saturation, plus some post effects like depth of field and light bloom.

I want your colours tho.

Time to advertise the pawns again.
Who wants to teach Cathlin the valuable lesson of friendship?
Also thank you for whoever rented her already

I just picked up this game as part of the HIB monthly, and have been playing vanilla for a few hours, but now wanted to look into some QoL mods, but the existing mods pastepin says its been removed. Any chance someone has that somewhere?

do Striders get any cool moves? by fucking up my first play through as a fighter and getting the fat jew as my betrothed. I want too start over to actually beat the game but that was soul crushing and I just don't know what to play anymore

I guess I can share the preset. These shots are cerrypicked though, the effects are quite powerful.

Still, looks like a great base to work with. Thanks.

Hi anons. I've never played the game but I'm currently reading through the Beginner FAQ and as wondering if there are any gameplay balance mods I should install before starting? I wanted to be a Warrior but I've heard they're kind of gimped in the vanilla game.

>Warrior
>Gimped
How is one shotting everything Gimped?

level 122 strider/female name is D, need some riftbucks to purify crap, can send level 3 weapons in return.

Add me on Steam at fusbun for free rents

she's good for fighting daimon when she uses the firecrackers

gimme a few minutes to figure out how to share it and upload it somewhere.

Anyone

Yeah they got the cool spin attack that's hella OP.

Just what I heard user.

striders are pretty darn cool
if your asking for their strongest attacks it's brainsplitter and downpour volley
brainsplitter absolutely shrekts any and all enemies, watch their life melt away!

I play a Strider and not only do they get cool armor, they do get cool moves as well.
Or at least I think so. Dash into the enemy, do some quick stabs and roll away again.
Or maybe you'd like to punch them into the sky and let them explode because you attached explosives? (haven't tested that one yet)

All I can say is, yes.
Yes they do have cool moves.
What do I know though, I'm a lowly level 24 Strider. Picture related

>if your asking for their strongest attacks it's brainsplitter and downpour volley

Their strongest attack is fracture dart

Alright here ya go. Just unzip this into your ddda folder. Let me know if it doesn't work.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B5RRvhlb-ID0SXZiUTN5NE80cHc/view?usp=sharing

I'll give it a try sometime, thanks.

installing now

do i need a controller like dork souls or can i play fine kb+m?

Controller is nicer, KB+M works just fine.

I wanted to do some texture replacement mods, and yes, some nude mods but apparently the way the game is designed, it's not just a matter of dragging and dropping in replacement files. Does the modtool on Nexus mods allow for mod combinations? Is that what the unpacking/repacking is all about? Is there a modding guide for nubs?

Also, the available mods pastepin is dead.

staggering daimon 2.0 on hard mode is a real bitch

>it's not just a matter of dragging and dropping in replacement files
That's exactly how you install the nude mod though.

Yeah, but that one and the texture improvement mod seem to both want to replace the same file, so I would need a way to merge the mods.

Even BBI monsters?

How much damage is 250 magick? Like, I have 250, my sorc pawn has 500 but does it really matter when BBI weapons have 1500+ dragonforged?
Also, do skills that increase them work with base values or total?

I love how the sales bring new people in to enjoy this wonderful game.

post your arisen's reaction to the cult leader's face

for the longest time I thought that character was a woman

Post your Arisen? Rate my Arisen?

On another note, how the fuck do you beat the dragon in the final battle fast? I dropped his health to the second health bar before I somehow went very high midair after I jumped off of the heart and died from falling. It felt like I was wailing on him for thirty minutes and I didn't feel like doing it again. Is it supposed to be this tedious?

maker's finger

I didn't like that fat Jew so I let his ass get executed. I realized how big of a mistake that was when I needed a gold idol and now this.

Please respond

just sent back Albedo and Khelgar

Albedo was a really great pawn. actively went into battles and used her skills wonderfully. she was real sturdy too, rarely died on me.

khelgar on the other hand was a bit more troublesome. he died pretty often and didn't use his skills quite as much. my biggest recommendation is to upgrade his armor. it's cool that you want something different and all, but pls give him some more defence, as he is he is too squishy. his resistances are also lacking; blindness isn't much of a threat.

biggest debuffs to watchout in bbi are possession, petrification, and sleep
am i forgetting one? i feel like i am

anyways, both were pretty cool and i'd definitely give em a hire in the future if you want some rc. best of luck to you both!

Thx user

I just bought DD for PC, and haven't played in a long while. I wanted to build a Mystic Knight, but I don't really remember which vocations at which levels make for the best MK. I don't really want to min/max, I just want to look at what the most optimal vocations per level are, and maybe use it as a really broad guideline for switching vocations if I find the one I'm playing at the time getting a little repetitive.

If I remember, I think fighter was good for levels 1-10, then I think there was something about either the mage or sorcerer next after that, and like 40 levels of assassin, and then more sorcerer, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on at least one or two of those.

good fashion

Holy shit, I just hopped on and decided to rest to see if I got any hires and I get greeted with this. Glad to hear she does well. I'm always genuinely a bit surprised when she dies to anything other than a dragon roar, I expected her to have a rougher time in BBI, but she seems to be trucking along just fine.

Thanks, man.

>all these pawns wearing the duchess outfit

>pawns
That's not how you call those sluts

>send them back with 1 stars and wearing the jester suit

I cheese them any chance i get

this man knows what's up

I'm gonna try out a sorc pawn instead of a mage, but I have no fucking idea what kind of spells/inclinations I should look for on a sorcerer. What kind of shit do you guys like on your sorc pawns?

>High Anodyne
>Instead of getting the first phase off right as my team is about to die the stupid pawn waits to charge the second
>Have to use up my curatives instead of getting that gray bar back that was 80% of my health
So I don't hire these High Anodyne pawns right? Or can they learn to just fire off the first one when it matters?

Personally I use curative items for myself since they're much faster and I am usually in the front line as a melee class. I still bring a mage though but their main purpose is just to heal my two other pawns instead.

High comestion for blowing things up
High fulmination for deleting most enemies
High gicel for hitting things in the face when they're down
High l-something for torpor unless you don't mind inflicting it yourself with rusted weapons more effectively
High something for removing debuffs is a must for BBI
High seism or maelstorm if your pawn can get enough time to cast them
First three spells can be considered mandatory

People say that utilitarian challenger is the best for syncing spells and staying away. The main problem with sorc pawns is that they tend to interrupt casting when an enemy leaves their range and pawns don't seem to be aware that they can simply walk closer with most spells. On the other hand scather will probably stand too close. If you're a sorc then either wait until your pawn casts something to sync with it or start casting when you're close to the pawn

what are the Rangers cool skills to pick up

>comestion over bolide

dire arrow and whirling arrow are pretty fucking rad

Summon my boy so he may learn more

Well sorry I like them having a skill that doesn't take 10 seconds to cast

miasma is better for that though

So how's DD Online? Looks cool as fuck but there also seems to be a lot of shit to even get it working properly.

I do use curative items but it's just. It was a great moment to use a spell and save them, but the pawn refused to play along.

EXPLOSION

>attacked my snow harpies
>mage pawn casts ice boon
Should I toss her in the brine her send her back with 1 stars and a rotten egg?

I mean, you hired a mage

it's WAY more frustrating with Grand Anodyne

Should I use a flat female base to make a trap or is it possible using a male?

christ I got 970,000 from osama just last friday aswell, the hell does he do to earn so many riftbux

probably possible with male

Thank you fampai. Do I need to dragonforge his armor or to get a new one?

goodnight

Why does the Meloirean Plate have to look so bad?

>Fortress besieged mission
>Infiltrate the fortress with my buddies.
>We dispatch pretty much everyone.
>Disable one of the ballistas
>make the two ogres lose their helmets and a good deal of their health
>We open the gates for our brave men
>Slice through the enemy hordes with swift and deadly steel
>Commander still manages to get himself killed like an idiot and we lose the battle
>We can't keep pushing on our own. We have to go back and report we failed.
>Can't load last checkpoint because it autosaved on the spot
FUCKING HELL

How the fuck do I counter the Eliminator's thing where they slap me to the ground and I have to escape? It's such fucking bullshit.

It might be impossible without the faster escape augument. I was never able to do it (hard mode, m+kb). Only other way is having pawns stagger them out of the "grab" before it ends.

Not the same user, but what's wrong with mage pawns? Their healing seems pretty useful, and I like the buffs, just have to be careful hiring them, since it seems like a lot of people just slap all available slots full of buffs, instead of one buff, a healing spell, and other useful stuff.

I hope that will stop being a thing in the later game.

the heal scales like shit, and in BBI mages can't get rid of petrification, which really is the only debilitation you need to worry about aside from sleep and skill stifling, but in those cases a mage probably wouldnt help anyway

Escaping grapples/pins is so ridiculously hard, even if you're spaming a+d and left+right mouse buttons.

Anodyne is outclassed by healing items.
Their only good buff is spellscreen and pawns cant even stack it.
Halidom isnt that useful, voidspell is better.
Waste of a party slot.

I sort of imagined the heal would scale poorly later on. I imagine sorcerers can remove petrification, then, or do you need an item to do that?

How does the game play with m+kb, anyway? I'd try it now, but I'm winding down and don't want to be tempted to fly into free anymore tonight.

Even worse - healing doesn't scale at all.
Mages are okay early and as you go on their usefulnes goes down in favor of sorcs.
Late game you have so much health that waiting for it to heal via spells just takes too long and you mostly have good gear with status resist so hauling a debuff removing magic isn't as important.
On the other hand sorcs can have weapon enchants as well, but offer spell syncs and heavier hitting spells.

It's mostly BBI stuff I think, eliminators, gorecyclopses and maybe elder ogres.

I can't even imagine how you'd do it with a pad, kb+m is perfect.

>tfw going for the first time without a mage pawn and finding out that my health will actually regenerate on it's own
I finally got one that wasn't a complete fucking retard and I think I'm gonna start sticking with sorc pawns now.

Wait, mouse buttons also affect the escape?

The way your pawn gets in front of you like she's ready to tackle this motherfucker if he gets within five feet of you is the cutest goddamn thing.

Yep, you also don't have to alternate just click both mouse buttons at the same time.

And it stacks on top of adad-spam? That might explain why the grabs have always felt like they took at least twice as long as they should to escape.

>tfw you get bitchin' new gear but it looks like fucking shit

Dont use it and just goldforge your favorite armor.

Kill Daimon maybe five or so times with the xp booster on so you get more XP. It's all it really takes.

Hardmode plus weal.
Killing everything (Death included) on your way to Daimon.
Thats what i did on console anyway.

What do dragons in equipment mean? I just hired a lvl 6 pawn with a yellow dragon in her weapon

>The way your pawn gets in front of you like she's ready to tackle this motherfucker if he gets within five feet of you is the cutest goddamn thing
Yeah, too cute. I tried to get a decent snap of it but they all came out fucking blurry

I'm never gonna complete the Hellfire set, am I?

It means it's been Dragonforged, so it's improved to a level beyond three stars. Red is basic dragonforged, silver is better, gold (yellow) is the best a piece of equipment can be.

>Rarifying is a process in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen that utilizes particular items and Rift Crystals to upgrade equipment beyond the level of Dragonforged. This service provides equipment an additional 2 levels of upgrade. Rarifying services are provided by Barroch. Equipment must be upgraded to a Dragonforged level before it can be rarified.

From the wiki.

SEQUEL WHEN

DDO OFFICIALLY IN THE WEST WHEN