pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7aDZuCkKGkk&t=3580
youtube.com/watch?v=OVROA_ef-ng
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dead thread.

>bake new thread
>enjoy it alone
Fuck Miyazaki for making a cashgrab game.

Does the WA on the Spiked Mace get hyper-armour?

Where is Jar-Eel's arena in New Londo?

FC WHEN

Not sure. You'll never use a raw WA by itself though, you'll do R1 L2 R1 for a three hit true combo.

>muh cashgrab game
DS3 was still a fucking great game.

I know, but it'd be nice if you could poise through shit with just L2 R2 (since that's a true combo).

>getting no watchdogs invasions at sl30 +3
>try going to +4
>Invasion aborted due to time-out

If that were the case then Spin _____ weapons would still be meta.

Yeah I don't get it, I'm still playing it, I still love invasions at every SL between 20-60. I have almost 500 hours into the game, played since release (took a break for a few months before the DLC though), and still love playing it to this day. Well worth the money I paid for it.

u jelly? :^) Literally SL30 +3 btw

What's so good about it? Please share it with the whole class.

Not really no. Its a good game but bad souls game

Yes. IIRC it has 30 poisehealth

>And saying that criticism of a weapon is invalid when the other person is using a greatsword is just retarded. Thanks to Memezaki's patches, over half the playerbase is using greatswords, so it's more valid than ever.

Flawless logic, asshat. I bet you used a Dark Sword before.

What did he mean by this?

I thought we were talking about DS3 not DS2

It is so hard to ask for a game with the same amount of care put in similar to demons souls and dark souls? Come on. I want a good game again from software
Out of all the souls games des and das are the only two I go back to because of how good they are

I've been using Hollowslayer since launch because I'm a DaS2cuck, actually. But thanks for the continued (You)s I guess.

>Ds2
>Good game

Yes apparently.

>Tfw last good souls game came out in 2011

youtube.com/watch?v=7aDZuCkKGkk&t=3580

right in the feels man

EVERY FUCKING THREAD

FUCK OFF ALREADY

NO ONE CARES

POST SHITTY WEBMS OR SOMETHING, ANYTHING, JUST STOP BEATING THE DEAD HORSE

Don't tell me to fuck off.

>I bet you used a Dark Sword before.
>Implying that a weapon that fares poorly against SSs shouldn't be instantly flagged as trash.

is /bbg/ dead ?

>a weapon class has existed from the start of the series
>favorite of many people
>it becomes OP in one patch
>suddenly everyone who likes them is a fucking fotm dark sword user
neck yourself

In your dreams PCuck

we should just let them come here and make a /ds2g/ instead

Actually I was planning on playing bb again for the comfy dungeon runs
t.pcuck

What is the drakesword of DS3?

>Australians are on at this time of day
Why

The Four Pronged Plow

>hopped on dsg and declared GS to be amazing the instant the patch hit and I got to try one
>all those naysayers slowly fading away as more and more people claim they're "the new straightswords"

Raw ASS

t. pcuck

>DS1 drakesword
>DS2 fire longsword/heide knight sword
>DS3 raw ASS

raw astora, only it never really stops being good

How do i play with thrusting swords in pvp dsg ? I don't know what to do with them against HA weapons

The combat is damn tight, some mechanics like the health system is like the best of DeS but the regen is gated reasonably far into the game so it doesn't trivialize the game and it has the DaS2 limited Estus flask system PLUS Ashtus.

The PvE is good, the setting feels like you have a clear purpose, the levels are very atmospheric, the level design and combat encounter design is solid, the enemies are fun to fight, with the DLC patch the hyperarmor works ok. There are actual invasions and overall the game just feels GOOD, the combat is really meaty.

One thing that I kinda miss about DS1 is having usable armor and more different playstyles but overall I think DaS3 is a good mixture of the good traits of the Souls series.

Most pointless NG+ system thus far though.

As soon as the patch dropped we had people recording webms and everyone instantly latched into them. Half of the FCs were GSs, you're not special

I see way more noobs using the regular "Slab" Greatsword

>see HA weapon begin to wind up
>R1 and roll away
>HA weapon swings and misses
>repeat until HA weapon user is dead

Wow dude, so hard...

4PP is really underrated in all honesty, especially at lower levels. It's almost as long as my dick.

You have the shortest R1 recovery in the game against the weapons with the longest startup.

Mash less and time your attacks better

fuck off randy

Just because a lot of nubs use it doesn't make it a drake sword. In order to be a drake sword it has to be something that's easily accessible and can carry a shitter through early game

I love how ds2 and ds3 fags admit this respective games are shit and resort to shitposting about whose game is worse

>everyone instantly latched into them
>half the thread was insisting that it wasn't enough to match CCS
>to this day there are people who favor the saber
I see you bought the game on black friday, user

All these idiots probably thought I was joking

>Demon's/Dark Souls baby thinks their onerous and slow combat is a masterpiece with braindead bosses anyone can beat

>don't spam
>r1 one or two times
>roll away
>repeat
>gesture point down when they die

This guy gets it.

Thrusting swords are finally good but not cancer since they got nerfed, you gotta enjoy that shit. You don't R1 spam, you time your attacks. I never do more than two R1's ever, you gotta float like a butterfly sting like a bee.

>Souls
>good games

Everyone was running GS or another buffed weapon like hammers. The few people not running those were the ones dedicated to a specific weapon but everywhere you always saw at least 2 other guys with it.
Onyx was and remains the most popular dlc weapon even

4pp is known to be a good weapon, it's just not considered a low level carry weapon like raw ass since it doesn't get that oddly high raw ar. what makes a drake-sword weapon a drake-sword weapon is the fact that it's better at low levels than you'd expect, not just good in general.

Blooborne is shit too

>You have the shortest R1 recovery in the game

is this true? i thought they got nerfed arent straight swords faster attack speed than rapiers?

How would you feel if Miyazaki came out and retconned dark souls 2 and 3

>nobody expects the extra AR from the hidden fifth prong

Like a Dark Lord.

What triggers does killing Abyss Watchers activate?

Indifferent, as Miyazaki is dead to me as a creative authority.

>implying Fromsoft has ever made a good game

Its weird, I think they have lower recovery and definitely lower startup, but more startup on consecutive attacks. An SS has like two thirds the startup on its follow up swings compared to the first.

Honestly gameplay aside they did kinda fuck up the story.

Ac3, fuck you

I'm not taking anyone who uses Berserk as inspiration seriously

Which Tenchus are they involved with again? Some were good

What sl should i be for pvp and invasions in the dlc?

nothing really, but entering the catacombs kills yoel if he isn't already dead

Yoel dies if you didnt get 5 Dark Sigil levels by that point.

Orbek leaves Firelink if you didnt give him a scroll. If you send him to Firelink AFTER Watchers, you have to give him a scroll within 4 boss kills or he will leave Firelink.

He dares to insult 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Deep Battleaxe.

If you skipped Cathedral of the Deep, it used to break Siegward's questline. I don't know if they ever fixed that.
Stepping into the Catacombs (but not killing the boss itself, per se) kills Yoel if you didn't get all 5 anuses from him yet.
Orbeck leaves Firelink if you had him settle down but forgot to give him either of the two sorcery scrolls from the swamp.
Hawkwood gives you a ring.
You lose access to the Pale Shade armor set if you didn't piss off Yuria and kill the invader in the swamp, but can still get the Manikin Claws in Irithyll.
You lose access to the Proper Bow gesture if you didn't get it before.

The entire King's Field series makes Dark Souls look like tryhard nonsense

What to infuse to Astora greatsword?

Armored Core Last Raven and Verdict Day were good games.

so rapiers have the fastest first R1 of the game then? don't use them but have been wanting to start trying out the crow quills

The timeframe between R1 and roll wasn't changed, they just made the cancel window into another R1 later and get progressively worse the more you spam

Why is the NG+ pointless?

4PP is really good at low levels though because you can wield it with base stats while it's also long as fuck. That's really important for anything in the SL35 and below range since you generally want to dump all of your stat points into life and maybe stamina. The only other spear option in that regard is ghru spear which is shorter and does slightly less damage but is good at SL15-20 where poison is actually useful.

Why isn't there an enchanted falchion in DaS3? Even DaS2 had one.

>go into the arena at SL85
>encounter Carthus Curved Sword + washing pole
>BK shield + Gargoyle Flame Spear
>greatshield + thrusting sword
>greatshield + straight sword
>pyromancer that spends whole match backpeddaling at throwing Black Serpent and Chaos Bed Vestiges
>medium shield + great magic shield + thrusting sword

good game

so basically seems like it's a 1-2 R1 weapon now, with single R1 hits and probably turtlepoke backstabs being the most efficient in the game.

especially with an estoc it seems pretty damn good considering how good shield splitter is with a WA shield.

Because it doesn't shake up the gameplay enough to make a difference. DaS1 added Gravelording, DaS2 had a whole load of NG+ changes to levels and NG+ trader inventories. DeS didn't change much for NG+ but the game had a lot of replay value anyway and the jump in difficulty was bigger.

I wish there were more daggers with quickstep in this game. They're probably the funnest thing ever to use in PvP. Hope the DLC does something about this.

could anyone tell me what the SL cutoff for doing watchdog invasions is? i'm currently SL30 +4 and thinking of going up to SL35 +4, am i fucking myself over and i wont get any (or many) invasions if i do that, or is that fine? is even SL40 fine?

Does Pyromancer's Parting Flame apply the bonus damage to Sacred Flame? Or do they enter the animation too fast to take the bonus damage? I feel like you could 1 shot people with it if it does.

you found a great variety of builds
what are you fucking complaining about? that not everyone was using the wooden hammer and miracle frisbee while fatrolling?

>six builds, three of which are basically variations of each other
>great variety
Is this what Bloodborne babies believe?

Which is better for a leo build aiming at doing invasions: RH Halberd or Lucerne?

After the hyperarmor nerf, RHH.
Lucerne only works if you have like 55 poise now.

fun fight, guy

>All deffensive builds are the same build

youtube.com/watch?v=OVROA_ef-ng

Is he "our" guy?