Hypercar performance

>hypercar performance
>mostly handbuilt
>bespoke engine not used in any other vehicle
>can custom ordered to ridiculous degrees by the owner

Why is this not a supercar again?

Other urls found in this thread:

driving.ca/auto-news/news/10-questions-with-fiat-chryslers-head-designer-ralph-gilles
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mostly handbuilt
>American

That's why.

Because a nigger is in charge of it:
driving.ca/auto-news/news/10-questions-with-fiat-chryslers-head-designer-ralph-gilles

Don't forget
>proving that MR is just a compromise together with mk4 Poopra

Because it's up to the individual to determine what high end sports cars are considered super cars. Some people do consider top trim vipers to be super cars

because it's just a variant of an existing sports car. You'd have an argument if the normal Viper didn't exist

>>hypercar performance
Pure performance does not make a hypercar. Innovation does.
>>mostly handbuilt
Does not define hypercar.
>>bespoke engine not used in any other vehicle
Modified version of the 5.9 Magnum.
>>can custom ordered to ridiculous degrees by the owner
So can a Bentley or Rolls.

>Front engined
>Big n/a engine
>Manual transmission
>Big tires + big wing
It's neither a supercar, not a hypercar. It's a heavily optimised sportscar that is extremely good at what it does.

Yeah and the cerbera speed 12 is a sports car too

Because it's not European. Europeans are still assblasted about the ACR being able to out preform their million dollar cars, at 1/10th the price. Whether you are a Ford guy, a Chevy guy, or a Dodge guy, we should all come together to laugh at Italy, Sweeden, Germany, the UK, and the Swiss. Fuck all of you. America is STILL NUMBER 1, BABY!!! Wooooooo!!!!

Stricly speaking, yes. A maniacally fast one with too much power, but a sports car nonetheless.

Doesn't make it or the ACR a slouch though.

Now, if America could just get off their collective asses and produce something like the P1, 918 or LaF, that's be great. You've shown you can make a modern supercar with the (mostly American) NSX and Ford GT, now look for that hybrid hypercar. Problem is, I don't see any American brand going that far: Mopar would effectively compete with itself (Ferrari), Ford has the GT already, with no real reason to go beyond that level, and GM - well, it's GM, they'll let you down eventually. Maybe, just maybe, a mid-engined halo Cadillac - but that'd have a bigger chance of falling flat on it's face than it would have to succeed.

>Sweden
>Switzerland
Never produced any noteworthy cars.

Because the engine is in the wrong place.

>what is koenigsegg

If you want to compare a track car with european cars at least pick some european track cars.

I'd be mad too

>being slow is innovation

>being fast is innovation

Wasn't it just a racing car with an interior thrown in?

>doesnt know the Viper is mid engined.

Then what's innovative about hypercars?

I think of both the corvette and viper as super cars. I also think of a 911 or F430 as such. Very fast sportscars = supercars in my opinion. Especially with the idiotic hypercar meme that is being forced these days.

>MR

You mean RR

Its front mid engine like the s2k

The innovation

>can custom ordered to ridiculous degrees by the owner
With a customization department? How does this work? Is it like Porsche Personalization, JLR SVO, or M Individual where they'll do just about anything? Or just lots of boxes to tick?

Because it lacks another $100,000 or so in materials for nice interior and suspension that won't beat you up on your commute.

>humpty dumpty doesnt exist

>Viper
>too much power

It has 355 width tires, long gears, and 645hp. For comparison, a P1 has 900hp and 315 width tires. It has no problem putting power down.

The P1 has sick aerodynamics and is refined to the teeth.

Viper has been a supercar since the 1996 GTS

only underage don't know this

>Why [do retards think] this not a supercar?
sports car price.
It is a supercar, but people think its not.
Also truck engine.

>truck engine

This meme needs to stop. The first gen Viper was a truck, the current gen is a bespoke Italian engine that has zero parts commonality with the old 8.0L

>Italian engine

This meme also needs to stop. the only time the Italians even touched the Viper's engine was the first gen in the early 90s when Chysler still owned lamborghini. its impossible for the Italians to work on the Viper's engine because its not like Fiat owns Ferrari or Lamborghini (i think they used to own Ferrari but they don't own them anymore and even if they did Ferrari would probably rather burn down their entire company HQ than touch the Viper engine with a ten foot pole)

>american
>"why isnt this a supercar???"
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA please lord be a troll thread

Don't you fucking call Ralph a nigger. He's an automotive saint.

i'll be the 1st one to admit that this car is fuckin insane, BUT literally all they did was strap a park bench to the back & bolt on some fuckhuge tires.

you're damn straight the performance is fucking incredible, but it's not a supercar, for the same reason that jim-bob can get his dick out of his sister & strap a jet engine to his rusty foxbody. just because something is fast as fuck definitely doesn't make it a supercar.

those things don't make the viper acr any less impressive, it's just not a supercar, ya feel?

i want one so fucking bad :((((

Faggot

He's a nigga, not a nigger.

something is a supercar if it has a pretense of being fast and its base model is significantly more expensive than a base model corvette

corvette by definition will never be a supercar therefore if your supercar is slower than a corvette it is objectively shit