EVE Online General /eog/

based Sansha edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free SP, beg for it here if you have.
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
??

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EI9yvAx3uCQ
support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203209712-Rookie-Griefing
youtube.com/watch?v=aiENvviVSO4
youtube.com/watch?v=_Wg3FRG8x3c
youtube.com/watch?v=4qX2gJ2n0yA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sansha extinguisher coming in.

DAILY REMINDER THAT THE TERRORISTS WON

Can a omega-turned-alpha accounts do l4 missions, or are they ostensibly locked out due to difficulty?

You might get a gnosis to tank the room but it would be so goddamn slow in comparison to about any omega-piloted battleship.

Mining in highsec while listening to His Cheeseburger at 1:30 AM.

youtube.com/watch?v=EI9yvAx3uCQ

Life doesn't get any better than this.

Why is it so hard to find a bunch of bros to roam around and shoot things with?

And why is it so hard to find good fights without getting 10 man blobbed

Loading up my miasmos full or ore, going back and forth 4 jumps to unload and make bank. No gatecampers no dangers what so ever.

Coffee pot is on and listening to Donald J Trump speeches.

Who else /comfy/ here?

Hi guys I need your help.
A friend suggested I get a VNI to do sansha havens in since he has one too.
Got mine fitted and went in but my drones keep getting targeted even though he never had a problem with that.
Is there any skill that would help?
since that's the only difference.
Ships are the same and I'm using his tactics

My guess is fit a civilian gun or whatever to draw attention. I've never flown a VNI though, still get flashbacks of Ishtar meta.

finaly, gellente cruisers 5

i have proteus

what now?

Is there a reason why I can't cross train to other races ships and weapons on the free account? Is it because I could potentially have fun?

Yes, also no big mining ships cause then we could potentialy earn some isk :O

>miasmos full of ore
>bank
lol holy shit

Back to back motherfucker dont ever try to uncomfy me. Iv made 900 million so far today.

Hourly reminder that 88m isk = 1 dollar
Unless you're making a billion every 45 minutes you're grinding for less than shit tier pay.

>tfw you cannot get 30 virus strength as alpha

damn, stucking at 25 makes it hard on hard sites

If youre not posting this every hour its not an hourly reminder

>free game play
>wanting to be able to do more than low-level content
seriously fuck you millenial gibs me dats

it's a riff on the way people measure their gameplay by isk per hour.
Sorry i had to explain that.

good for you if you enjoy it :)

Come build rorquals with me.

Are HAMs the primary weapon used with Tengus?

wait for pings and bore yourself to death

Why are there two threads?

This isn't a MOBA, find a new game.

Cloaky ganks or

all part of the goy plan

There's some. Implants that help

>Join a corp
>You don't wanna be that guy

That guy who mines in a procurer in high sec with no worries and doesn't have to pay corp taxes or be involved with their bullshit wars?

That would be me.

I watch Netflix and stuff and mine. Relaxing and fun.

Deal w/it.

Awwww yissssss

>he doesn't autopilot his freighter while going to do something else

ded gaem

>be alpha
>mine while watching man in the high castle
>beep beep
>thats strange just started mining
>beep beep beep
>alt+tab to eve
>shield gone
>armor gone
>drones idle
>right click first asteroid belt I could, warped out

Got attacked by 3 rats in 0.6 space, that almost rekt me under 1 minute. What the actual fuck?! What were the drones doing by the way?

>Get in game
>Play for a week
>Notice rookie help channel

Holy shit people are fucking retarded.

I haven't played for years, is mining still:
a) Comfy
b) Corp represented
c) A colossal waste of time compared to nullsec ratting and most other ways to make money in the game

I got an incursus and 2 million, been busting my ass trying to make some backup isk in the event the ship getting btfo. Can I do those combat site in high sec in incursus? Shit still unfitted fully though.

yes to all.
C isn't as bad as it used to be. People still like the meme and hate us carebears.

>C isn't as bad as it used to be.
What changed?
I think I'm still camped in the middle of buttfuck nowhere with a corp I joined back then, I might log in and try and pod back to babbyspace if there's a mining corp that wants me.

They were also watching Man in the High Castle.

Null sec alliances that hold sovereignty generally view mining as useful and even desirable, since it raises a system's ADM, making it more tedious to be captured. I don't know how much it helps in building locally but it sure can't hurt, especially with the new industrial arrays.

its not as bad as it was for moneymaking

how do I find a decent corp to join?

Exploration frigate with max (relevant) alpha skills can pull a few hundred million on a good day.

Let's say I have a maxed out alpha character, and then I get a plex.

What activity, as an omega clone for a month, would be the best to earn isk?

The easiest and most efficient thing you can do is train for a battleship and get in incursions

Incursions can make somewhere between 150 to 200m isk an hour when you include the lp

If you're a 6K MMR Dota2 player you can skip the grind and directly apply to PL

never foretti

whats the best race for shitty alpha t1 frigate pvp?
post fits pls

Join a nullsec corp and start ratting instead.

Gallente is pretty sweet since they have the Tristan. As for fits - EVE-Uni wiki & o.smium

This

>warp to gate
>random 'you cannot do that while warping' message

>jump to perimiter
>1000 citadels

He wants to get ganked

Well... What do now? I don't think I'm active enough to join a corp, but... 22 million SP...

>currently training Ore Industrial III

I like the look of the ships, sue me.

how to find a ffgood guild?

Does running distribution missions for the Caldari affect my Gallente standings? I want to lower my broker fees as much as possible

the corporation matters
normal missions don't change standings unless u shoot at ships of a specific faction
storyline missions increase/decrease your standings of the faction and its allies/enemies

How bad are the Minmatar for PvP as an alpha clone? I know Gallente is recommended but I'm attracted to the ballistics.

>running missionans
>check mtu after finishing a room
>mfw
>mfw the actual market price is almost double the value its displaying
Oh baby.

>try eve now it's free
>can't even fire my guns for long before running out of cap
>whatever do boring tutorial and career agents
>get told to do the SoE """epic""" arc next
>only thing epic about it is how many times I have to fly 20 jumps just to transport a sheet of paper.
>finally get to a mission where I have to kill some NPC in a battlecruiser
>my guns barely scratch him
>ok fine, spend 2 hours asking in local and rookie help before someone finally decides to help me
>kill the NPC fine
>they steal the mission item that drops before I could reach it because their p2w boat moves 3 times faster than mine
>I either have to pay them 20 mil or abandon the mission

What a great game and community.

You should have been orbiting dagan at 500 if you're in a ship that can't scratch him, you stupid faggot.
I would have tried to rip you off too.
Go off and do something else, he'll reset at downtime.

>p2w

No wonder your game is dying,

The epic arcs are glorified hamster wheels and have literally nothing to do with the rest of the game.

Don't blame us someone tried to teach you a lesson about being an annoying ass spamming for help in local or rookie help.

Eve has been dying since 2003

>highsec

lmfao

Isn't it now against the rules to fuck with people trying to do SoE arc? Either way, you learned your lesson.

Or maybe not

>Isn't it now against the rules to fuck with people trying to do SoE arc?
no

support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203209712-Rookie-Griefing

>Given the variety of systems this arc can take place in, players are asked to refrain from any form of griefing to rookie players (30 days old or less) in mission sites associated with the arc. Such griefing involves but is not limited to; destroying, stealing or ransoming mission critical items.

o

Good luck reporting it and waiting 6 months for CCP's ticket response time

F

But doto is shito same with all mobas.

What about wanting to shoot things with a few people makes me seem like a dotard

Does anyone even use the gnosis? Why did the chinese communist party give me a skin for it?

I've have an alt account that I made a bit ago that I wanted to skill into dreads. But now that I'm back and resubbed a lot of people are saying that dreads have fallen hard and a carrier would be a lot more useful. The big thing that attracted me to dreads in the first place was being able to perform well in a cap ship with low training time (relative to other caps). But if I'm never going to get the chance to fly them in a fleet then I might as well drop them. Right now I only have about 1.75M skill points in gunnery and other stuff that wouldn't carry over to a carrier, so I'm not all that invested.

So are dreads so bad that I won't hardly use it if I got one? Are carriers in a good place right now? Is it worth skipping over dreads to get to a carrier faster? Also, are force auxiliaries good/ in high demand? And what's the training time like to get into one compared to normal carriers or dreads?

By the way, these questions all relate to how the ships are view/ would perform in a cap fleet in a nullsec alliance.

If you use any window appearance other than Nebula, you're a dirty frikken pleb.

null or wormholes

oh null

ye carrier is good, dread for blsting other caps, fax has some use

wh space caps are dead except fax

>What about wanting to shoot things with a few people makes me seem like a dotard

You seem to expect EVE to work like a matchmaker and automagically put together a group of guys for you to fly with. That shit is just not going to happen. Put in the work and effort and do it yourself.

>Does anyone even use the gnosis? Why did the chinese communist party give me a skin for it?

It's the largest hull alpha clones can fly, and the baked in bonuses aren't tied to a single race.

Is there a command to learn skills on the test server?

no
ccp sometimes gives a few mil free sp on the test server if you take part of mass tests

Nope, you only get what you get on the regular server. Though they do sometime run test events where everyone temporarily gets a free ship and the skills to fly it (ie. everyone gets a titan). I think they also give out injectors/ skill points/ isk on the test server for coming to certain testing events.

Thanks for the response. I'm still not really sure the direction I want to go, but luckily there's still a ton of support skills I can work on before I have to decide.

Dont rush it, unless you want carrier for income

What are you listening to while playing?

youtube.com/watch?v=aiENvviVSO4

the amazing eve soundtrack

If I have a maxed out trading alt in Amarr, can I also access the other trade hubs as long as they are within 20 jumps?

If I get Procurement, Marketing, Day Trading, and Visibility all to level IV, I should be able to do it, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Wg3FRG8x3c

youtube.com/watch?v=4qX2gJ2n0yA

gotta love hauling

So /eog/, what's the best fit you can come up with for a T1 frig with only T1 rigs and equipment?

>do incursions
>have to listen to neckbeards joking for hours
At least I get some ISK for that.

mute them

Dual prop tackle

Do your roll