/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>confetti seats edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:

>4 door ITR
youtube.com/watch?v=zcTKmBXwUEQ

>etuning/Hondata
youtube.com/watch?v=HZPVdszzC4E
>user's Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=dHub7oSQdy8

>Spoopy thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU
>Baning thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=vW1QbGCNmVk

>user's problem
youtube.com/watch?v=FuAsv6L0Gb4&feature=youtu.be

>You cringe you lose
youtube.com/watch?v=DOb1JHlE3LI

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7IOdbxyK6a8
passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-Trunk-Finisher-94-01-Integra-2DR-P10561C86.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do I join the collage?

itt we honour all the dead EP3s and FN2s that chavs have crashed over the years

>D2 from old collage
F

been a while since i checked into /hg/, I got rid of the HFP suspension and went with some s-tech springs and koni orange. Perfect drop height and the shocks are way more comfy for DD. Overall very pleased, just need to get a front end alignment now.

lol all 3 cars are the same . Still looking good man. I like your minimalist style.

same color*

Just picked up the z3 head from the machine shop. It's officially survived the thrown rod, passed all tests, milled, and ready to go

Thanks. I don't plan to do anything else unless I go supercharger.

Other cars are neighbors, pic taken through my living room window, I normally park in back, but I have my friends MS3 in the garage, we did a turbo upgrade over the weekend-tough job. Waiting on a basemap before he can drive it, but it started up no problem.

What kind of gains are we looking at chief? Is it safe to say you're faster in a straight against the BRS?

I have quite a bit of money on hand and nothing to blow it on. Is it possible that I could special order a custom 1990 model Civic turbocharged and in RWD from Honda themselves?

You don't have enough money for them to do that. Your best bet is just pay someone to fab it for you

Must be a new meme. I'd import a Beat and turbo that.

>Turboing a small displacement engine that comes with ITB's

Literally B16 swap you mongoloid

Sorry m8 had no idea. I learned something today.

There's a dyno not too far from me so I plan to capture before and after numbers. Over the stock k24a2 with bolt ons, I think I could see a 40-50whp gain with a fairly aggressive head build. That would probably put it somewhere in that 250-260ish whp area which will make it respectably quick for a honda civic, imo.

Keeping the block internals stock because it'll work fine with the cams according to Vit. With his approval and some pretty decent gains on the table, there's no good reason for me to crack open the block, probably massively fuck something up and spend another 2 or 3 grand to fix it or to have someone do the whole thing for me. No way, Jose. After the head swap I'm keeping my hands off the motor for a while.

No

ree you're giving the troll le precious (You)'s

Rain always comes at terrible times. Ready to put in this new knuckle I put my new bearing in.

Not sure if anyone here watches stickydiljoe vlogs

but for the most part they are Honda Related

very comfy t b h

youtube.com/watch?v=7IOdbxyK6a8

I'm just hoping for a warm day when I do my oil change desu

Very comfy indeed

>mfw busted the clock frame bringing moulding and quarter rounds home
son of the fuck

It's rained every fucking day since I bought my NSX so I'm stuck driving my Integra and it's killing me.

Change cams. You'll regret not doing so.

J O I N
T H E
C O L L A G E
if you haven't already

Post pic of damage?

>confetti seats
my body is ready

My nigga

>He doesn't have NSX seats

thats p dank

looks like generic 90's leather seats, look up 300zx leather seats they look the same in that angle

They might look similar from a particular angle, but the construction is wildly different.

Plus NSX seats are insanely comfortable

I actually really like the old teg confetti seats, i was just jokin around

I'm looking for a trunk lip spoiler for my car and I found one, but the problem is that it's an adhesive application.
I didn't think that something like glue would work very well for a spoiler, but I could be wrong.
My main concern is I live in Texas (winter time so heat isn't a concern but it easily reaches 100+ F here during the summer) and it worries me that an adhesive wouldn't be able to handle that.
The spoiler itself is cheap as fuck because I can't find any big-name companies offering one for my car, and I don't really trust their adhesive quality, are there any recommendations for adhesives to attach my spoiler with?
Or, alternatively, has anybody found an Integra coupe trunk lip spoiler? I can only find 4dr ones.

Look for adhesive that can withstand the temps. Usually preparation is the most important thing.

Yeah, I'll be swapping out the stock cams is what I meant. I'll be running DC 3.2's, supertech 92 lb springs and s2 alpha valves stock compression on the z3 head. I was under the impression that it would be too spooky to run a built head with those cam specs on the stock block with 10.5:1 comp, but since vit said it'll be fine I'm just gonna run with the head build and keep my hands off the block.

What would the preparation entail?
And should I get the cheapo (70 dollar) one and try to jury rig it on or drop 300 for this project JDM one and drill a hole in the middle of my trunk?
I plan on getting it paint matched eventually.

and it's carbon fiber style not carbon kevlar like in the pic, that was just the only one I could find.

Alcohol wipes and dry with a microfiber towel. I don't recommend drilling since it doesn't look like it has enough thickness. You'd need to have at least 4 drills.

>enough thickness, you'd need 4 drills
What do you mean? The trunk isn't thick enough? passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Dry-Carbon-Fiber-Trunk-Finisher-94-01-Integra-2DR-P10561C86.aspx
the ad says drill hole in middle of trunk and attach rest with adhesive, I was considering just getting adhesive and putting it on.

Oh no I meant the lip. I thought it didn't have predrilled holes. You'll be good man. It's just pricey.

Yeah you can say that again lol. Shit is about as much as a DC exhaust system.

>driving '91 EF hatch D15B6 HF swap
>9 hour delivery shift. like 4-5 hours driving and maybe 40 min idle time that day
>car running perfect for entire shift
>(Just had a head gasket and valve lash done 2000 miles ago)
>shut car off during delivery
>come back and start it (immediately noticed it started roughly)
>making a whirring noise that doesn't go away with rpm
>still runs fine though

time belt was loose a f

I'll be taking my first long drive in the civic on Friday boys. Wish me luck. I'll be getting the oil and filter changed beforehand as well as checking tire pressure. I think it will be fine I'm just a little worried because my my tires are old af. One is from 2000, one 08 and the others 2010

use butyl rubber adhesive

you could glue down a live gorilla with that shit

>One is from 2000
>just one

fucking third worlders

Kek , you want to buy me a set of new tires?

blue one in the collage? I think you should replace your timing belt if you haven't already. It might have jumped a couple teeth since you mentioned it was loose and rough.

good luck user. Don't crash pepe now

So are there audio cues for a belt going bad? My engine sounds as good as the day I bought the car.

I forgot to mention he should change his tensioners or check the pulleys the timing belt uses. One of them might need to be replaced. And obviously if his belt is okay (visually) then he doesn't need to replace it.

It's kind of like asking if there are audio cues for a tire going bad.

You're not really going to know anything until it's probably too late.

This is why visual inspection and record keeping are important. And any time you pull your engine, do the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump in one go

I plan on doing it along with my head gasket since it's on its way out. Get it all out of the way at once and have a record of it.

Right now my bad estimation on miles on the engine is around 110k. Had 60k according to the guy I bought it from last year.

What do you mean its on its way out? What kind of symptoms have you been dealing with?

Exhaust pushing coolant out of the radiator into the overflow tank. It's not too bad yet as long as I pour it back into the radiator every day. I only have to add new coolant maybe once a week.

Thanks bro

Also congratulations USA. People here are butthurt because the majority of them are retarded. Their tears are delicious

Our Hondas...the most important cars of all - and we have them here in America, oh yes!..They. are. Tremendous. We have the best Honda's, don't we folks? And we're gonna keep having the best for the next 4, maybe 8! years. Because that's what America is all about, the best Honda's. And I'm not just talking about USDM models either. Were gonna get the Honda's we deserve. JDM? JDM Type R's anyone? Lookit all those Honda folks over there nodding yes, we see ya! We're gonna get the Japs to send us those cars, oh yes and I'm not done. I'm not done yet, folks. We're gonna get those JDM Type R's.......and they're gonna pay for it. I'm tellin ya folks, get ready for the best Honda deals this country has ever seen. You better believe it.

Front buddy clubs and rear skunk2's for $260. Should I cop for my eg hatch?

OH GOD HOLY SHIT LIVING IN ILLINOIS AND VOTED FOR TRUMP NEVER FELT MORE SMUGGER THAN THIS
Du30 won
Trump won
Make the world great again

That's really cheap dude go for it

asking again,
Curious, don't 3rd gen accords and 3rd gen preludes share most parts? Im thinking of searching for prelude parts to expand the parts available to my accord

Should I just save for Koni yellows and ground controls?

Hello fellow third gen driver?
Third gen preludes and accords do not share all that many parts. I know for a fact you can swap the accord alternator for higher current, but you need a bigger belt. There's a list of interchangeable parts with various other Honda models on the preludepower forum.

konis are the way to go if you'd rather not have to worry about dialing in a coilover setup. But that would be a pretty good set of coilovers for that price, well at least the buddy clubs are probably pretty good. Not sure about that gen of s2 coilovers

Christ, I've forgotten my trip...

Anyway, I'm sadly betraying /hg/ at least for the near future.

My lude has developed a gearbox problem that I can't fix myself as well as a couple of other notable issues so it's getting shipped off to a friend who has the time to fix it and then use it as their car. Might reclaim it when they're done with it.

Bought an MX5 for the daily run to work in the meantime. Don't hate me

Do i need anything else to grey it out on the collage?

So should I just get these as a sorta quality budget option for the time being?

Yes

>most
Nope

97 prelude right?
F

correct!

Em2's auto transmission is finally dying by torque converter. Anyone know how to fix a torque converter when it starts sounding like a supercharger on gear shifts?

I didn't even vote only because I know the South is red as fuck. Of course Orleans parish is one of the very few blue spots in Louisiana. They probably have the most welfare queens.

This is gonna be a great four years.

D series blocks do ok up to around 190hp. Then you start having more issues. K 24 goes to about 230 while k20 goes a bit higher before reliability drops on stock internals. Blocks can handle a lot but other areas are lacking.
If i remember right boosting the k24 you can get it around 260 hp. I suggest looking up better dampeners though for past 230hp on a k24 since you already have plans on most the stuff you would need to swap anyways. At 10:1 id suspect its going to be much harder on the engine mounts, though i may be wrong.

Replace

Based.

I feel like black people probably didn't vote but were the first ones to complain first.

Fuck all the soft ass Americans.Jew book has a lot of you rage you lose material.

All this doom and gloom from them is ridiculous. They clearly didn't watch the American Comeback video. They just assume he's Hitler because of some words he spoke of of context.

They had their chance with Obama and we are worse off for it. I wish it was David Palmer from 24 instead.

the stock internals on k series motors are good for quite a bit more actually. Not at all uncommon for people to bolt a blower onto the stock motor and push 300whp reliably. I know Fat Marrah reviewed a 400 hp si running a comptech kit and E85 on the stock k24z7. 400-500 is generally ok on these motors from what I gathered, but I would say even 400 hp would be too spooky for me without some reinforcement.

yeah, I made the upgrade to the 70a Hasport dogbone and rear mounts . Even when i'm just idling, my change rattles around in the coin drawer haha. I think I've seen dampers or pitch mounts that can be added to the dogbone. I'll have to check em out

lol, that's something you'll have to decide for yourself f@m.

If it only takes you a month or two to save up for the konis/gc, probably just wait it out.

really depends on internals.
i gave up on elections. every one in nc hates the candidates now just by ads alone. there wasn't a single non political ad on regular cable across nc up till Tuesday. i voted casue macrory is an idiot why would you focus on sales tax when the selling point of nc is estate tax, why do hb2 double down on it then blame men on all rapes, how the hell is a penny tax too infringing, its literally less than 1% extra on sales tax. seriously wonder how he is even competing when no matter who you ask they call him a faggot. either way, for president i voted old moot.

I miss moot. Hiro was a mistake for sure. Last time I voted was 2008. I just can't be bothered anymore.

honestly considering that but the problem with living in a heavier swing state is that people never stop bothering you about voting.

Best..and his gf is one sexy bitch

hnngh

Too much tuck imo

Should I chance it on potentially bad coilovers?

Looks clean but I always hated how cases made phones so much more bulkier

>>>

Looks pretty crusty.

Why?

I work in real estate and quite literally have a few million dollars, I'm certain I could easily custom order it.

You sure? I would figure money speaks louder.

>backing out of the parking spot at the gym
>coast is clear, when I was about to press the brake and clutch in some rere runs across my path from the gym towards where I back up
>almost hit him
>spill some spaghetti and rev to 2k to put it into first after braking hard
Why are people so retarded? If I hit the guy it would've been my fault by law

>implying Honda does that kind of custom order

>implying Honda does that kind of custom order
I don't see why car manu's don't, it's an easy sale and they only have to make one. Any problems post production that aren't from the manufacturing is all on the owner, so I mean.

They won't bother wasting time. Just buy a new one and go to a tuning shop.

Why not just get an e30 m3?
They're in the business of making mass producing ecnonoboxes, not racecars