Toyota Corollas

Sup Veeky Forums. Time for another Shit post.

So my parents decided to go all out and spend a lot of money on me for my first car.
They got a 2015 Toyota Corolla s plus.
(pic related that's the car).

Any tips on maintaining Corollas so I can make this car last as long as I can?
Or is it really just all about getting the oil changed on time and getting parts checked out as soon as shit sounds sketchy?

Final question, that's the recommended time frame to use the premium gas when filling up a new car? I heard it was like 2 years.

Who ever told you about the premium gas thing needs to be put to sleep before they spread anymore of that information. It was probably your father.

Does Toyota make a "Corolla Si" like the honda civic si? do they have any higher performance sedan/coupe thats not the GT86 thing?

No.

First of all, that's an S premium, not plus.

Second of all, just take it in for service every 5,000 miles and do whatever they recommend.

The end.

whats the difference between the regular corolla and the corolla S?

I see them on the road sometimes and its got little extra skirts and stuff but idk

>whats the difference between the regular corolla and the corolla S?
Upgraded wheels
Upgraded upholstery
Upgraded gauges
Spoiler
Sport mode

It was my father :(

Look at the sticker when you open your fuel door. That will tell you the ONLY type of fuel you need for your car.

Thanks dog, appreciate it.

ALSO change your oil after the first 5k miles. There's a lot of metal flakes and other impurities your eye can't see inside the oil. It wont break your car but if you're trying to take care of it the best you can then do that.

So nothing that actually benefits the vehicle?

What an absolute waste of cash. Could have gotten some much nicer things with 10-15k

He is getting a brand new car for free from his loving parents. Why are you being so bitter?

Only benefits Toyota by squeezing an extra 2k for some extra plastic

'Premium gas' is a bit of a misnomer. It is not automatically better. If your car isn't designed to use premium gas then DEFINITELY do not use it.

tl;dr on premium: all it is is a higher octane rating in order to reduce knock on higher-pressure engines (when fuel+air is compressed it can ignite from the pressure alone, like a diesel engine. Higher octane prevents this). If your car doesn't require this higher octane then there is literally zero benefit of using 'premium'. It has nothing to do with the quality of gas.

All fluids need to be changed because they degrade with time/use. Brake, power steering, oils, transmission. Most of the time its also easy and cheap to diy.

>buying your kid a brand new car for their first car that they'll probably wreck in a month

10/10 parents

>letting your parents waste money on you
Why not say, buy me a decent car for

I had an rx7 as my first car.
That was 15 years ago and ive never been in a wreck.
Negative nancy

Not him but this kind of parenting creates spoiled brats that don't know the value of a dollar and gives automakers profit for shit cars and just adds to consumerism.

>my first car was an rx7 and i never crashed once

how much tire pressure did you lose on the downhill though?

Um none.
Wtf are you talking about

Okay but buying kids a new car as their first car does not automatically give them an 80k a year job and a loving wife with 2.5 kids. Spoiled brats don't ruin the economy. It just makes those young faggots pissy when they cant afford to live their life as they see fit. Literally nothing wrong with it. It's a family issue not an economic issue.

>newfags

>have reliable car
>no need to worry about getting to work
>can save money for college or apartment
I dont see a down side. Its super helpful as long as youre responsible

Been here since Veeky Forums began.
Im 30 years old.
I have not watched a childrens show. So i dont get whatever youre memeing at

is it manual? looks cool

>as he posts on a website for children's cartoons

They used to, it was called the XR-S.

For some reason the Corolla public in the west is not as prone to driving sporty cars than Civic drivers. Shame because the engine in it was just as good and had better sound.

Use good quality oil, do any preventative maintenance if and when it needs doing and use good quality parts.

Don't take it to any Wallmart/Jiffy Lube tier mechanics if you can't work on it yourself.

Only use premium petrol if the engine requires it, chances are it probably doesn't.

Above all, let it warm up before you go beating on it and don't beat on it too much.

Treat it well and it'll you well.

Enjoy your new Corolla.

Because a civic for 3k is literally just as good.

Just stop

no. new econoboxes are pointless. only poorfags need a warranty.

A $3k civic is pretty much a carbureted base model from 1988.
Fuck that shit.
A $1000 corolla is better.
Honda a shit anyway

>replying to the salty poorfag whose parents wouldn't get him a car

3k can get you an early/mid 2000s civic with low miles. Go suck a dick.

>the world revolves around your area
Mid 2000s is $7k around here.
And a $1k mid 90s corolla is still better than a mod 2000s civic

no it's not. it's a 01-04 with power windows and locks and mirrors and cruise and an aux-capable radio and keyless entry. you don't need anything else

where?

Not since 2006

piece of shit

That's fucking retarded.
There is nothing wrong with buying gifts for your children, particularly large investments like cars, so long as the opportunity to learn something is had.
And look, OP is here asking Veeky Forums questions, learning and becoming a more rounded person, even though it wasn't his money coming out of his pocket, it doesn't matter for now he can invest more of his own money wisely.
OP, Premium gas can and will gunk up modern, normally-aspirated, direct injected engines. The higher octane rating can cause incomplete combustion and additional detergents and additives present in all premium gas can turn to carbon deposits in intake ports.

Premium gas should only be used in a car that specifically requires a particular octane rating to deal with high or varied compression, such as in a turbocharged or supercharged car, or some of the newer small economy engines from Mazda et al.

>young faggot that's going to crash it
If the guy sounds like how he is in the OP, I do think he is a bit more responsible than 90% of other American kids.

OP, don't text and drive. It's not just your life on the line now, there are tons of idiots in the road but don't be one of them.

I know this is bait, but I'll bite.

You must have made up that premium gas bullshit. That's the dumbest thing I've heard all week.

Not OP here, but I had an uncle who always did that, he claims that on his old (90s Corolla) he gets more mileage and better acceleration on premium than regular unleaded.

We made lots of trips using that car, always noted mileage. It did help out a bit more with mileage but not so much to pay more moneys per gallon.

It's a reliable, cheap, sporty lookin car. Perfect for a first car.

OP hope you have fun in it and you get lots of sex with hot sl00tz in the backseat.

Don't buy premium gas for a na car, does nothing and just wastes your money.

not everyone is a shit driver

It actually kinda depends. My dad had some old cars where there were so many deposits and shit inside the cylinder that it effectively increased the compression slightly AND the deposits tended to heat up and cause pre-ignition. So even though he had a shitbox that was only supposed to take regular, he actually needed to use premium to keep the engine running smoothly.