How to drift

Generall drift thread

Okay so i've been wanting to get into drifting however i only have a mazda 2 2012 model which is a FWD automatic transmission car i know it cant "drift" it just "slides" since its not a RWD but how exactly do i do it? Everybody tells me something else also should i keep the car in "L" so it doesnt shift to higher gears while drifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rghhO0OZIfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sell it and buy a rwd beater

Selling it or trading it is sadly not an option because of multiple stupid reasons

this thread

Save money and buy a clapped out rwd beater

I just want to know if its possible to drift a FWD automatic car and if yes, how?

you're going to crash your parent's car kid

>yank handbrake
>smash into tree
>???
>profit
>use monies to buy a RWD car

Of course you can

Its my car no worries

There is a huge flat field with nothing around it crashing into something wont be a problem neither

And how exactly?

If you own any land at all try buying a beaten to fuck car for like £100 and just practice, I used to practice in an old Peugeot 205 gti and it was so much fun

Go fast
Slam brakes
Swing steering wheel
Slam gas

Should i put the gear to " L" so it stays in first gear? Or just keep it in drive?

You can make any car go sideways with the handbrake as this series of images explains. However, doing skids isn't drifting, you need an FR car with non-open differential. So either LSD or for absolute ghetto-ass shit welded. So just any RWD beater wont do (doing skids on one wheel isn't particularly easy or controllable, it's not a way to go fast either).

Look up the Scandinavian flick

I fail to see how initial D is relevant, Takumi drives a rear wheel drive, and the few civics on the show didn't really drift

some guy did racing in a rav4.1 against some subaru and kept up.

He mentioned something about heeltoeing and doubleclutching in an automatic to downshift to 2 or L in the corners for a faster time.
You can try that.

>heeltoeing and doubleclutching in an automatic

That manga looks really interesting what is it about?

Me And My niggas watching 3 fast 3 furious on a laptop off a generator in an empty shipping container in the Mojave desert with a tarp taped over the hole in the wall to keep out the cold

youtube.com/watch?v=rghhO0OZIfY

I highly recommend practicing on snow first. Snow is a lot more forgiving than dry or even wet pavement when you eventually fuck up. Having your wheels going from sliding to suddenly gripping is bad for the car and you could roll if you fuck up enough. You have to get fwd shitboxes going pretty fucking fast to drift in the dry even with shitty ass tires, so be careful.

i know if it's wet and you have a light shitbox then doing mad handbrake drifts is easy as pie

Have shit rear tires and good front ones, no weight in the rear, drive into a corner too fast and engine brake like a motherfucker while turning. You'll either do a bit of a hektik skid or just understeer straight into wherever.
Or just yank the handbrake like the yobbo you are

Using the ebrake to drag the back wheels doesn't really count though. Ripping the ebrake at high speeds, especially in a turn is generally a really bad idea. You should be able to Scandinavian flick it and hold a drift for a few seconds without using the ebrake.