>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Wood Elves Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

5 Minutes of Gameplay (Morghur confirmed!)
youtube.com/watch?v=-9M33Idbm5k

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hExX9EdmbRk?t=2171
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I WANT TO PLAY AS PONTUS

Elves are shit.

Butthurt M2 autists.

Nihon
Nihoff

i want to play AoC but i cant get over that there's hardly any units

The real butthurt is you that feels the need to cry about anyone criticizing warhammer.

We'll always be friends, won't we, Gobbla?

>survive the first wave of chaos
>chaos arrives two turns later

>Kamikaze suicide squads.

Maybe not per playable faction but almost every minor faction got some unique units. You just gotta catch em all.

I'm going to marry her!

Do you think the M2 autists are aware how stupid their arguments are or are they so delusional they genuinely think they make good points?

>build armory or whatever other equivalent
>+5% whatever
>translates to literally nothing in practice, on anything but the highest tier units
>can't retrospectively maintain armies of shitty units, with concrete number (ie, +10 charge) buffs attached
Why did they do this in Rome 2? Absolutely retarded.

Not to be a nostalgist - but did they change this back to the old way in Warhammer or Attila? I remember in M2 and S2, being able to maintain armies of ashigaru and spear sergeants that were actually competitive and worthwhile in bringing. Sure it took awhile to build up the facilities for it, but after you'd built up the recruitment province, you'd get levy tier units with stats that put them on a level where they could stand a chance of competing with professional units.

The Rome 2 system meant that levy units were forever doomed to be shit, and stat boosts were only worth it on already high tier units, and even then it wasn't great. In Rome 2, I feel that my levies are never ready, and it upsets me.

>Medieval III never
>thinking it would live up to Med 2 or even Med 1 at all
what a meme

so the series has been going down hill for a while then?

>10 days until launch
>still no battles or big intro to campaigns
>nothing on lore of life or shadow
>DUDE SPELLSWINGERS LMAO

CAs marketing department is fucking disgusting

% bonuses are still in Warhammer and you can't even change taxes in it

They told us yesterday that we're getting battle gameplay Wednesday you fucking autist.

Yes.

why do people praise attila's campaign map then?

Ghost dads aren't Legendary Heroes

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

>warhammer + dlc's
oh fucking hell it's expensive

>Watching HoCs Snarsnik playthrough
>It's a goblin Vietnam episode

youtu.be/hExX9EdmbRk?t=2171

They do?

The Attila campaign map is awful, there are ZERO actual decisions to make it's just a bunch of busy-work

Just get the stock game. Chaos and Beastmen both suck dick anyways.

>Turn 65
>Hasn't expanded outside of one province

fukken wot?

Why do people in this general keep posting the same memes with the same images over and over and over again.

Am I on fucking [s4s] or something.

have you not been reading the threads as of late?

It's an improvement over Rome 2 but still suffers from some really retarded game logic like blocking the strait between France and England with a ship does nothing to protect it from land armies. And Warhammer is Attila's campaign map with pretty much all your control stripped away from you. You can only tax or exempt provinces and the campaign map is pretty much on autopilot.

Beastmen are fun to play and would be perfectly worth buying if the shitty mini-campaign was cut out and the cost lowered by 5-7 bucks.

Chaos is shit though.

Just use one of the radious tier mods that adds some Frankish dismounted knights (heavy archers) (Brave...for a frank)

>ZERO actual decisions
>bunch of busy-work

I'm just confused by this, as opposed to what exactly?

Why is chaos bad?
I haven't played the game yet and I was really looking forward to chaos.

Levies ARE supposed to be shit, what the fuck would be the point if they could rival professional units?

Take it easy

It's just people who are butthurt about Warhams being "casualized" and are clinging to absolutely anything to prove it

See: Warhammer putting the campaign map on auto-pilot is a good thing.

Obviously it would be preferable if they made the campaign map actually deep with actual gameplay in it and meaningful choices to make. But if we're gonna have a braindead Attila style system where there every choice on the campaign map is signposted and obvious then there is no reason to not just have it literally run itself so the player can get to the fun part (The battles)

>It's an improvement over Rome 2
not really selling it to me.

>Warhammer is Attila's campaign map with pretty much all your control stripped away from you.
I'll agree on this.

Pygmies when?

oh well. I can't understand why the dlc's are so pricy. I would even have to pay for blood decals what the fuck. Perhaps it's better to wait till they make better deal

Bunch of faggots trying to imitate the Tomb Kings guy. The literally unplayable one has to be the worst.

It can eaisly become better than medieval 2 if it has as good unit responsiveness as TWW and Attila and just base it sieges of Attila.

I want the Med 1 or 2 map back. I also think they could add some more things on the Warhammer campaign map(which is what i'm hopping the future expansions will do).

FIMIR WHEN?

I love playing Chaos in the battles, their heavy infantry with monsters is great yet their campaign is straight up the worst I'v played out of any total war.

It's mainly running in circles in the tundra trying to make all the tribes loyal.

>those web articles clinging to whatever they can come up with to try to claim that the models aren't racist

>A fantasy race whose only unique characteristic is that they reproduce entirely through rape of human women

What a great idea.

The campaign map features of Attila like internal politics are neat. The problem is they don't do enough. The loss of the current system wouldn't be big.

The Chaos Campaign is the very definition of tedium.

They're fun enough in battle, if a little on the weak side, but the amount of time you'll spend on the campaign map auto-resolving piss-easy battles and doing a whole-lot of nothing will make you question your sanity.

I'm not selling you anything. They went back on some of Rome 2's retarded design decisions such as no more instant sieges as soon as you attack a castle, constant penalties as besieger, a much longer period of besieging before attrition kicks in tied into the settlement damage in the campaign map (that could be accelerated with artillery in the army), no more civil war where stacks spawn on your capital or half your faction turns against you in a nonsensical way. They even added features for once with the family tree system and garrison buildings. Army limits still stayed in and navies were worthless apart from sniping hordes crossing the ocean.

Japs would agree

>what the fuck would be the point if they could rival professional units?
The point would be increased depth to the game. A reason to specialize provinces. Some sort of reward for going out of the way to research the relevant technologies. A reason to actually take non-elite tier units in the late-game, and have mixed armies, that isn't also fucking yourself over in a big way.

What's wrong with the idea of there being an option of researching and upgrading a province so your spear-men can wear the same armour, and hold the same shields, as your elite sword infantry?

It's a bland late-game when all that's worth bringing are the highest tier units. If you can't get a throwaway unit to be anything but a throwaway unit, what's the point in ever taking them? I'd like to think that I could develop my lands enough to give my peasants some chain-mail to wear over their tunics, and a role on the battlefield.

Speaking of mixed armies, I didn't see anything in the FAQ about any base types of armies. If I have two armies, should they both be balanced or should I have one focused on, say, infantry and another focused on anti-large and hope I don't get the rock to my scissors?

Depends on what game you're playing. Peasant spearmen will not stop heavily armored gothic cavalry in Medieval but it will in Shogun 2.

Is the a building guide/program for max money in Attila?

Warhammer, typically Empire. I think I have a problem balancing my armies because I've been put in battles against considerably weaker opponents and somehow scraped by with Close Wins despite the advantage.

Not really, Attila's sieges were amazing bar some annoyances like >losing melee attack

And Warhammer has set a new low, only the fact that Warhammer's combat is the best in the series hides that

>fantasy

how about it's campaign map though? isn't it worse than Med 2 or 1? and isn't med 2 campaign map worse than med 1? also
> Warhammer has set a new low
how so?

Elffags want their anime waifus. Even CA knows that.

>Not welcoming the Faction of Peace, Hygiene and Fun Camping Trips

There's a stream tomorrow, nerd.

>And Warhammer has set a new low, only the fact that Warhammer's combat is the best in the series hides that
No way. Visually? Yes it looks really nice even without fancy matched animations but they just stripped out too much. I can't even put my damn troops in loose formation. You have more control over your men in Shogun 1. Also push/pull mechanics are severely lacking in Warscape.
>inb4 warscape is just the renderer!

Get "The Uncivilised North" mod. It splits up the Norscans into 7 different tribes and changes Sigvalds recruitment condition to razing Kislev.
Also lets Kraka Drakk stay in the game longer.

That spellslinger video was a bit disappointing, but I guess it serves as filler until Wednesday.

Also I do hope they have some variants for appearances, because I'm not really that fond of the standing up hair version. Some of the ones in the concept art looked a lot nicer in my opinion.

singer, not slinger

uh..

What

how's attila then?

>[autistic rambling]

Man, i love gors. They feels so meaty and vicious, just like they should be. It's a shame that they are too expensive in multiplayer, and you are forced to bring 90% of shitty ungors.

can i be a horsefucker in memehammer?

1-3 Ebdanians
4-6 Picts
7-9 Caledonians
0 Garamantia

It's better than Rome 2 but they did some really retarded shit with the balance. WRE has some of the worst infantry in the game instead of having the best, no guard mode whatsoever, no way to directly order troops to throw pila/plumbata. Solid battle speed and probably the best sieges in the series.

Finished reading the beastmen army book and it's fucking finally time to play.

Out of all the factions, I think they are the least interesting. They are just big bad goats that literally want to shit on you, as mentioned several times in the book.

POO POO PEE PEE

>they just stripped out too much
I know about the loose formations but what else did they strip out(battle specific)?
>Solid battle speed
this is my biggest complaint with warhammer.

>When chaos invades and the player is a non-norscan faction the norscan factions will become vassals

Holy shit this might just make the Chaos campaign playable, thanks user.

Ranged cav is kinda lacking in warhammer, as there aren't really any true horsefucker factions in the setting.

I think they mean NPC chaos.

Fuck, I don't know why I keep making that mistake.

They were always kind of the canonfodder type of thing. To be the throwaway masses to the elite forces of Chaos.

But then Skaven kind of took over that role as time progressed.

Not really.

Maybe when Woodelves come out.

>Reading the 7th edition book for lore
>The book that actually removes most of the good Beastmen lore

>by Sigmar, NO

Unless the Kurgan get added in the Dark Lands or whatever the Chaos expansion is, probably not.

be honest with yourself user
poosmearing barbar is what they are

It was the latest so I went with it.
Oh well.

with wood elves you can
Use your lord to buff missile damage, speed and ammunition for your elven units, train your lord to use a bow and give them a horse/eagle and then go to town with horse archers and warhawk riding archers

Not missing much, I've never seen anyone play beastmen and they are never prominent in the books or games.

I just bought Attila+dlc on the stem sale, any recommendations for first faction to play?

While this is a nice map and I like how the Mountains of Mourn and the New World are set up, I doubt this will be the map we get. Ulthuan is way too small and there's so much wasted space with Naggaroth and Lustria.

Shift Naggaroth and Lustria to the left until the Spine of Sotek and the Black Spine mountains are the western border, like how the mountains of Mourn are the eastern most border. So it's sort of like the Med 2 map. Then make Ulthuan bigger and boom, it be pretty good.

Even moving it, there's still a lot of open land on the new world, and more room on Ulthuan. Unless they're going to make everything 1 settlement province with 10 building slots from now on.

>opening cinematic will only include first 4 factions

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

They used to be vaguely more nuanced then POO POO PEE PEE, but GW at some point decided to dumb down the lore and over complicate the TT because, fuck you bitch you have no where else to go, no one else will love you like I do.

But that's kind of the how all the races ended up. Cliched.

Any of the goths for a first time horde.

Sassanids as your first time big empire

>Gobbo archers

any wagers on the next dlc? skaven or tomb kings or am i being optimistic?

I'd be willing to bet the expansion will bring a new cinematic. I mean, Napoopan, FotS and Attila all had new sparkly cinematics.

Skaven are 90% likely to be a launch faction with expansion 1