What does Veeky Forums think of Volkswagen?

What does Veeky Forums think of Volkswagen?

Tdis with manuals were the only ones worth buying.

Shit. Especially jettas

>insane diesel v10s and v12s
>best sports cars in the world
>among best luxury cars in the world
>insane factory sleepers (webm related)
>best trucks in the world
>best buses in the world
>best supercars in the world
>best hypercar in the world

And above all that they even made effort to give as reliable, high mpg diesels at cost of some smoke coming from the pipe. This is considered scandal even though biggest 10 ships in the world make more "damage" in 6 months than all vw cars in 10 years...

Pretty based company.
Also, daily reminder that vw wagon is faster than every fartcanon that ever came from japan

Only VW I've driven was a 2.5L Golf with 2 doors. Didn't like it at all. The shifter was too notchy, the steering wheel had zero feedback, couldn't hear the engine, just felt like a really boring car. Nice, but boring.

I like the scirocco. Good dd, looks good and has a funky engine.

They're good daily drivers, I've had my Jetta for years and the check engine light has popped up. Just care for them and they won't die on you.

*has never

Fuck phoneposting.

Overprices, outdated shit. They should have spent their money investing in their own cars instead of buying other companies. Now they own everything and their consumer cars are shit, but people still buy them because people are dumb.

And they can't even build a car that meets emission regulations. Worthless trash. You're not even paying for brand prestige or a a nice looking badge. You're just wasting your money.

currently daily one and it has a check engine light when ever it feels like it. and then it fixes it self... thats been my experience so far

sounds like a misfire, check spark plugs

They make boring shitboxes that are slightly more upscale than the Japanese shitboxes but also less reliable.

Generally speaking, they exist. That's all.

If we're talking about their subsidiaries, Audi makes boring luxury cars with meme quattro, Porsche as a brand is pretty OK, Lamborghini is a meme, Bugatti does make the Veyron though.

Better than Toyota.

'no'

Awful cars, especially nowadays

Great cars, especially nowadays

diesel in passenger cars is dead. emission laws won't allow it or make it more expensive than a plug in hybrid.

Probably one of the worst brands in existence.

Had two 2002 1.8t jettas in high school. The first car was totalled when someone pulled out in front of me from a stop sign (I had right of way), and dumbass high school me got another one which was exactly the same with insurance money.

Fun to drive, but that is about the only benefit I can think of. Alternators on both jettas failed within 6 months of ownership. The second one had some parasitic draw when the car was off that would kill the battery overnight. The turbo on the second one failed within a year (less than 120k miles). The interior on the first was literally falling apart. The plastic driver side door handle ripped off when I closed the door. The glove compartment latch broke randomly and the only way to repair was to buy a whole new glove box, so I went for some duct tape.

Both cars were kept well. Carfax reports noted regular maintenance and at least one was garage kept for its entire life.

Literally a nightmare. Bought a Toyota and have never looked back.

I also had some friends who owned Mark 4 jettas and golfs. Nothing but problems.

I had two part time jobs in high school and college that requires me to drive to clients and owning a Volkswagen was a major hindrance.

The only thing people acknowledged Volkswagen for was their fucking clean diesels which, as it turns out, are some of the most unclean modern engines. I don't support brands that do stupid shit like ripping off consumers and the environment. I don't see how anyone could unless you are a masochist cuck.

Overpriced, unreliable, unethical, ugly shit boxes.

Sorry to burst your bubble m8. Toyota is relative shit.

My experience with owning a VR-6 VW was pretty much like rolling up a $1000.00 dollar bill every other month and flushing it down the toilet.

Mechanic: "oh, your water pump went out" pay. "Oh, your OTHER water pump went out" pay "Oh, your fan motor went out" pay "Oh, your plastic radiator burst" pay "Wow, does this thing ever need a tune up" pay "Wow, your sunroof cartridge failed. $800.00 installed" Did NOT pay and sold it.

I bought an older, used Toyota to replace it and love the Toyota.

Best automobile company ever created.

>>best supercars
>>best hypercars
They don't make corvettes and vipers m8

great cars to own if you enjoy working on your car every fucking weekend. Decent aftermarket. Getting one running nicely is rewarding, can be expensive and time consuming so it's not for everyone. If you plan on driving your car like it is an appliance, get a honda or toyota.

I have a MkIV Golf and it is the worst car I've ever owned but I've had more fun in it than any other car combined.

Well engineered...

It will be flawless to 50k miles and then need to be repaired every weekend. DE parts are triple that of US and JP brands.

>Golf
>fun

Do you actually know what "fun" means?

I guess hyper and super means something else for hillbillies

One of those is supposed to be a hypercar?

Oh my bad I thought they were supposed to be faster to what us Americans consider sports cars lmao

>VW-Porsche-AUDI groupe

I just bought a T5.1.

AMA.

>VAG
Most shit tier german brand

Nice b8

have a golf 4
reliable but slow(1.6)
i enjoy riding it
saving or atleast planning on getting a golf 6 next year

>I had two part time jobs in high school and college that requires me to drive to clients

Pizza delivery driver.

They are the Apple of the car industry.

Er, no. That would be the wrong answer.