Your (currently) unrealistic plans

What do you guys want to do with your car(s) that you currently are not able to do, either due to not having the funds, the location or the know-how?

Do you wanna drop an LS into your Honda? Do you have wet dreams of putting front and rear lockers on your Samurai?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RKmIvBw_AHI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGD-dHb8Ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i want to buy a s4 c4 or s2 sedan, but there's absolutely no old audis in my area for sale. i just want an old audi 5 cylinder.

keeping my autotragic civic to mod it later with either a k24 or manual swapping the transmission.
hard part i need a new torque wrench and a lot of harder to find parts.

I want something that fits somewhere in the middle of mazda 2.0L MX-5 and a 3.6L subaru outback. Something sporty but still practical and reliable. Also I only want to spend 7K-8K on it.

Getting my life together and fixing my car is pretty unrealistic.

>acquire B5 Passat 4Motion, preferably wagon
>acquire B5 (R)S4 drivetrain
>build the fuck out of (R)S4 drivetrain
>shoehorn (R)S4 drivetrain into Passat
>blow people's doors off at the lights in a fucking Passat

Alternatively:
>acquire Porsche 944 with fucked engine
>acquire Audi 2.3 inline 5, preferably turbo
>build the fuck out of said inline 5
>put built inline 5 into 944
>get hektik

Or if I really want to go full madman:
>acquire base model 986 Porsche Boxster
>acquire Audi 4.2l V8 or 5.2l V10
>acquire 987 Porsche Boxster/Cayman S 6-speed manual transmission
>put Audi engine and 6-speed into Boxster to create some ungodly mini Carrera GT

Although this is more where I'm currently at

I want to rwd my '95 Camry, put a manual transmission in it, and swap the engine with a twin-turbo 2JZ.

I don't know if it's even possible. I haven't taken measurements or anything yet, I just think it'd be killer to have a sleeper like that.

I want to buy a corolla for cheap and swap a 20v 4AGE to have the ultimate daily under 3k. Sadly I do not have the tools or time to accomplish this.

Finish swapping my Micra goddamit, there's something going wrong every fucking stage. Now the paint has bubbled in the freshly repainted engine bay because lolmoisture REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Once that is done, get a rally beater shitbox, cage it and go hektik in amateur events.

For the actually unrealistic ones, get a Volvo 740 to wrench on and maybe V8 swap at some point. And/or get a clapped out, rusted W123 for scrap price so that I don't feel bad about modding it in an absolutely heretical way along with swapping something along the lines of a OM606 to actually make it move.

Somewhere inbetween all those get a decent garage to wrench in and slowly fill it with whatever tools I may need. Especially metalworking tools. I really need to get my hands on a welder.

Just import a Mark II. It looks like a camry, but can have a twin turbo 1jz and a manual transimission.

4x4 swap my Tacoma PreRunner.
I can do it but i need to source all the parts from a wrecked 4x4, rent some space, and maybe a week to do it.
Everything is bolt-on, no fab work.

pick up a 90-93 integra parts car to swap the b18 and rear disc brakes onto my ef sedan

Go from lowering springs to coilovers in my mustang. I couldn't hope to afford that because I just dropped $2k on my suspension in the summer. also I'd hope to get another more fuel efficient secondary car so that I could get more aggressive on my mustang mods. For example a set of camshafts, different gears, and possibly a single turbo. This also wouldn't happen anytime soon.

Please violate my car thank you

What I was thinking:
>race built volvo wagon (9 or 8 series) with inline 5 turbo
>custom tube frame hoon machine with busa or other 4cyl motorcycle engine with some small shitbox body or no body at all
>tube frame rally monster with 4cyl honda engine

>Plans

Not sure which direction I will go however, that turbo setup is so simple and affordable hp

Also, I want buy a 740 turbo for under 1k and do manual transmission swap and upgrade the turbo to something crazy like a gtx2867r

>be me
>just saved up $4000 working over the summer
>plan on getting a super clean aw11 for sale in my area for $2700 and using the other $1300 to mod it.
>ask dad to help me check out the car
>dad doesn't even look at the car before saying he won't let me get it
>says Toyota's are unreliable
>mfw
>over the next few weeks ask to look at several other cars
>miata
>no
>240sx
>no
>crx
>no
>etc
>finnaly says I can get an audi tt. The last car on my list
>is $4000
>realising it's this or nothing I hand over my money
>within the first week I get a check engine light
>it's an o2 sensor
>realise audi's are the hardest cars to work on
>need dads help
>we can't agree on what sensor it is
>get pissed at each other for the rest of the day
>say this wouldn't be happening if I had just gotten the car I want
>dad proceeds to rant about how japanese cars are super unreliable and super expensive and time consuming to work on
>mfw my dad is a jdm nazi
>mfw I should have haggled with him more
>mfw I'm shit at buying cars
>mfw my audi tt scrapes over every speed bump

So Veeky Forums first car/ parents destroying project dreams stories?

>realise audi's are the hardest cars to work on
The TT is essentially a Golf though.

Yeah my dad does that too, I just ignore his shit he gives me about everything. Life is much better that way. Funny my friend and his dad have a similar relationship.

The faster you do you, the better.

>beetle
>hardest car to work on

>What do you guys want to do with your car
going to win le mans with my 97 5.0 explorer

O.k. to be fair I may kind of suck when it comes to things like this. But a tt isn't built like lego either.

> Le mans explorer
Can we make a kick starter for this because I wanna see anons insane delusion become reality

I would also like to get a manual E102, but I want a wagon and to drop a 3rd gen 3S-GTE in it with the S54 LSD trans

probably would still BTFO out of gm

don't even have to try, set cruise control and watch gm crash into wall

>acquire '87-newer E30
>perform 1JZ GTE VVTi swap with AR-5 trans
>Tune n Hoon
>????
>PROFIT

Finally a BMW will have a proper I6

I really wish I didn't listen to anyone else's input when shopping for my first car

ended up in a situation like yours where I was ultimately disappointed with my purchase

meh first is a 3 door rav4. dad gave it to me when I got my lisence. Jap cars are reliable as fuck (meh indestructible hilux), the only jap car I've heard horror stories about is the WRX. and that's cause people flog the shit out of em' and then sell them for $4,000. Tell your dad he's full of shit, an unmolested subaru or toyota should outlive anything.

Pretty new to cars, but I'd like to tune my v6 mustang, and eventually supercharge it with a procharger, add a quality CAI and maybe a roush exhaust.
No intention of fucking with the exterior. Stock exterior looks best and least ricey.

I'm looking for a good van/pickup to turn into a camper and then I plan to live in it for some time during the summer while I drive around the country

Wish I had the money to do a Silvia conversion on my 240 and buy a new bigger turbo.

Why not just go V8? I mean if you're gonna be adding power, you might as well...

Buy a daily a-b car then:

>VLSD from the S trim
>Build engine(just for maintenance?)
>Stillen Supercharger kit
>Akebono BBK
>Resonated test pipes + Motordyne shockwave CBE
>EcuTek tune for E85
>Corbeau real leather bucket seats + Black interior swap
>2010+ sedan front bumper conversion (with all the pieces it's ~$1200)

Realistic:
>Stillen stage 3 true CAI
>E85 Tune
>Berk Res. Test pipes + Invidia Q300 CBE
>Maybe Black interior swap if I find good prices
>Probably VLSD from S if i can snag one for less than $250

A supercharged V6:
- A few hundred pounds lighter than a v8
- 75-100 more horsepower than a GT v8
- Better gas mileage than a V8
- Cheaper than a GT after supercharging/tuning

You know, you've got exactly the car I'd want to use for that plan. Wagon, post-facelift, AWD, V6. Everything should bolt straight up.

>worse brakes than the gt
>weaker transmission
>no lsd
Why would you want that?

I'm not gonna track the fucking thing so I don't really care. Besides, a brembo installation would still make it cheaper than a GT.

I want to fix up my shitbox, fix a few dents, paint it, tint the windows. I have all the tools and know how, but im lacking motivation to do it and dont want to spend any money on a shitbox. I could probably get it looking good for 300$.

Keeping the Ralliart as a good DD. Maybe pop on a bigger intercooler and the TD05H out of an Evo.

Want to import a C5 Corvette, WS6 and a 4.5l V8 TVR Cerbera. The C5 would be getting an LSX454 swap, the WS6 that V12 LS1 some cunts made, and the Cerbera remains pristine.

Im hoping to get a 07 F150 supercab around january and straight swap the front end so I dont have IFS, raise it 2-4ft put some bigger tires and other brotruck shit such as a led light bar in the opening of the lower grill section maybe one on top too, small rear facing led light to light up the bed/back area of the truck, CB radio with obviously the light up antena. And If I wanna get really cray cray train horn, PA for the CB, air compressor and air bags with indepentend settings.

Mazda Protege5 with a KLDE Bottom and the KLG4 heads and intake manifold and boosted

Oh yeah and the colonial 13star flag and old glory on the opposite side to really rustle liberals.

>48" lift
You're delusional. Go do your homework.

I like you.

Looking to pick up a clean ish mr2 or mk2 supra next spring/summer. Don't have any desire for POWAHHH just want a well balanced, razor-fine sensitive ride.

>buy 1st gen passat
>RWD convertion
>LS convertion
>Nascar rims with All Terrain tires

Got all kinds of crazy ideas m8, just need the funds to make em real

It's your fucking money, you should have manned up and bought the damn car.

I feel ya.

>>says Toyota's are unreliable
>>finnaly says I can get an audi tt

>be me
>American
>???

Drop a newer Stang engine with a manual transmission, keep it like so with only beefier tires and exhaust system as a subtle warning that this ain't grandpa's car.

ya but then its still the v6 and a muscle car.

price difference isn't that bad. If you are that poor maybe you should of bought a honda shitbox instead.

I have everything to convert my taco to passive keyless entry including fresh panels and a 4x4 switch relocation.

I have no desire to start the project, no free time, and it's been gathering dust on my work bench for 3 months.

Truck cap living is shit for so many reasons. Get a van. Thank me later.

>Turbo Charge
>anti-lag

basicly this not because I need it

i just wanna spit fire like a fuckboi
youtu.be/RKmIvBw_AHI

As a fellow v6 cumstain owner I have to say... you're fooling only yourself.
At least do something realistic like upgrading the shitty stock suspension. They handle pretty well when lowered and on coils.

I want a BEE*R rev limiter for the same reason.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGD-dHb8Ts

I pretty much dream of taking all my favorite looking cars that are reasonably attainable and making them not slow/shitty. think beefed up fiero, crx, miata, taking 80s-90s shitboxes with great looks and making them drive well too, and I don't mean just adding HP, more making them quick and practical DDs so I would actually use them all the time.

also: taking a good DD and making it a comfy car you can sleep and/or chill in. and I'm not talking cargo vans, more wagons or even small hatches/liftbacks. I'm always on the lookout for small cars that have completely fold-flat seats that also look good. the fit would be perfect if it was shorter and didn't sream econo hatch. plus it still looks chubby despite being pretty small.

>spend day cruising
>pull over and sleep, eat, watch a movie whatever.

Currently going down this road with my dad. He's right about nearly everything except for the stuff I'm actually interested in.

Buy a solid ek hatch, and make a lhd ek9 type r replica

Take muh BL suby legacy/liberty and convert it into an outback by swaping the struts and springs and putting spacers on the sub frames.

I wanna take my RX-7 and put in a Corvette engine, but don't have the money or garage with assorted tools to do it in.

>trade in jeep liberty for 2011 wrangler (2 door)
>get all the good stuff for it for off-roading
>rock crawl with my dad

I want to use 1st gen crv axles to make my prelude AWD. Just for shits and giggles.

this thing seems really easy to pass off to normalfags as a skyline if you just change the back headlights and custom fenders, it's like a japanese version of a fiero with a bodykit

Cobb Stage 3 for my Fiesta ST. Unrealistic because I'm broke and have never bolted on so much as an intake in my life

Nice.bait

I've always wanted to turbocharge this pile of shit. Now that I have an extra turbo and will be pulling the engine in like 20k to do head gaskets, I figure that'd be the perfect time to do it.

I'd probably cobble together parts from junkyard runs to save cost, IDGAF about this car but I think turboing it would simply make it a better machine. I'd wanna tune it for 87, just add like 5-7lbs boost for hills and shit since this is primarily a road trip machine.

Drive down to Croatia and have the body fixed up. My car looks like absolute ass.

Get at least one of my 8 projects running and roadworthy by the end of this year, so maybe I won't have to ride the fuckin bus anymore.

I want to replace it with a better car

>8 projects
>no DD
Priorities my man

Currently own a rav4.25 VVTi in automatic
I want to start racing.
So I've scouted out some nice twisty but short unused back roads, unfortunately they are too close to the city but they're still good fun in the snow and ice.
There's also an abandoned airfield but the snow is a foot thick, rav4 can propably push through it though. I'll see this weekend.

Additionally I want to get an MR2/cecilia once I have the money which will hopefully be in 6-7 months. Untill then I'll use rav4 for practise, it's a preddy gud ride and I do love it.

Turns out my sister in law has some race driver friends so hopefully it'll be easy and a girl is interested in going to the airfield with me as well with her car.

TL;DR i wanna be the takumi episode

>>dad proceeds to rant about how japanese cars are super unreliable and super expensive and time consuming to work on
he's just an butthurt old timer because japanese cars destroyed the american auto industry because they were reliable, fuel effecient and safer.

Honestly just pull some internet statistics, and show it to him, if not just buy it yourself. AW11 is a fantastic choice.

Beware, supra is a GT car, mr2's, fd's, z2xx's, miatas are more what you're looking for.

I want to go to Japan and import a skyline gtr r33 and slowly build it into a track car.

Oh god I remember what this was like.

>Be highschool me
>Living with my stepdad and mom
>Save up for first car
>"son you should only buy a Jeep, nothing else is good"
>Go buy a Honda Del Sol
>Parents like "I can't believe you bought a sissy faggot car"
>Del sol gets totaled a year later, have insurance check
>Parents like "Now you can go buy a real car like a Jeep"
>Bring home a fucking Miata
>Parents like "is there something you need to tell us?"
>Be out wrenching on the car for fun, or maybe something broke idk
>"why are you working on it yourself, take it to a garage"
>"A jeep wouldn't have broken son"

The best day of my young life was when I straight up left to live with my dad at 19.

>Did nothing but encourage looking at/driving/owning anything I like
>Encouraged projects/working on the cars, pretty much gave me the garage since he never used it for anything but storage
>dad be like "move all this shit out and you can do whatever you want in here"
>Anything that came up, he took positively
>"You blew your engine in the desert? Why not swap in a new one?"
>"Wow, it's so cool seeing an engine actually out of a car"
>Sometimes ask him for help on things requiring more muscle than I have
>Be changing springs on a Miata
>"Dad, can you help me with these spring compressors?"
>Realize I never got to work on cars with my dad when I was younger
>Have extraordinary feels when I realize it's happening

Every car guy/gal deserves to have supportive parents behind them in their early days. The worst thing you can do as a parent is shut down the interest by declaring things "too hard" or "impossible."

>ls swap my previa
>turn my saab into an electric beast
>fix my zx4
>get a project car for rally
working six days a week leaves no time....

I know
my dad was super supportive when I was doing downhill biking and some ATV offroading with him
>oh you need a new frame after you broke your last as a publicity stunt? Here, you go!
>Oh you did a massive jump in our quad and broke all shocks, here lets get new on
>oh the belt has melted again, here's the belt and heres what you need to do to change it
>hey why don't you take out the buggy for a spin in the forest

But now when I said that I want to take my car onto an airfield for racing
>you're crazy
>you'll roll it
> I won't help you buy your next car
or
>oh hey dad, the car needs new brakes and oil
>just take it to the shop
>It's cheaper just to do it myself
>shop

I want to strip my car bare, paint it proper, apply all new sound deadening, and put it back together.

Dont have the room to comfortably take it all apart
Or the money for the equipment to rotate the bare car.

I bought my first car without my parents knowing, and tricked my dad into cosigning a $5k loan.

That was 12 years ago, and its still my daily.

Get promoted, mod the shit out of my FoST and find a nice girl to settle down with