Nissan 350z

So im looking to buy a 350z, any advice or important info I should know? What am I in for Veeky Forums?

All vq35 engines leak oil, some more than others

Watch out for codes, there are fucking sensors everywhere

Camber really fucks with our cars

Parts are expensive as balls

Pic related, it's my girl

Yes, don't.

>fill captcha
>submit

stay mad, GM fangirl

annoying fan base
shitty insurance rates, which the previously mentioned item is primarily responsible for

>What am I in for Veeky Forums?

Fat, lots of it. You'll also regret not importing a Silvia since the S13 and S14 are almost all legal now.

Don't spend more than 6000 on one. You won't be dissapointed but you might need to know how to wrench a bit because as the first user said, they leak oil. Don't listen to these other guys, they are just autistic busriders.

Lol

I pay less insurance for my 05 g35 than I did for my 08 fwd 4cyl hyundai

Oh, I forgot to mention. They are VERY slow but torquey.

You'll be passed by civics on the top end (240 hp to the wheels and 2700lbs) but the torque up to 3rd gear feels AMAZING.

>You'll be passed by civics on the top end
MONICUUUUUH

>he didn't see the 'GM SUCKS TOO' under the main text

The g35 is not a 350z to insurance, retard. Ricers don't have a lot of money so they have a harder time getting their hands on a g35 as opposed to the 350z. The g35 sedan is the exception, because those are cheap as fuck.

A G35 is old cuck'mobile when a 350z is a proper sports car.

I wonder why the insurance is different.

>240hp to the wheels
>civic
Wat

240 to the front wheels WHERE IT BELONGS

>350z is a luxury GT car.
ftfy

even best motoring acknowledges the Z is a luxury tourer while the Silvia is the true pure Nissan sports car

>240whp
>2700lb

This thing was wrong-wheel drive, 2800lb and off the bottle with bolt-ons I could still yank B-series Hondas all day with it because dat V6 torque + driver mod.

On the bottle forget it, I was in vee ayte territory.

Sloppy tranny

A 350z (any year) is cheaper than my saab for insurance so no.

the best kind

>Ass blasted nissan scumbag

>leak
>leak
>leak
I can't find any leaks on mine, I did read if it's not leaking it's drinking some oil (more so for high rev variants)

>no bite felling at all in the clutch if you get a manual
>as much gearbox sound as engine sound
>any cubby that doesn't sit behind the passenger seat is likely broken and won't open/close
>interior bits are painted and some paint will likely be missing
>dash will rattle
>get used to the noises of having your possessions in the trunk ride with you
as far as driving goes
is right but it's a very good driving car, despite the pig fat some posters and clarkson complained about this car handles in a neutral manner, can't say I've felt the front end plow or even felt understeer in the car on dirt or tarmac

plus mine is a touring model so I've got dated stability control and heated seats, reasonably comfortable (in comparison to my outgoing miata) while still feeling sporty

Either these Honda drivers were shitty or had a non-VTEC unmodded B series.

Modded B18C will still kill you everywhere except perhaps the first few kilometers of a straight race.

>leak oil
wat? i think you mean burn oil. I don't leak a drop.

this is pretty spot on, although my clutch feels good, if a bit heavy. The gearbox is clunky though as it ages.

I have felt the car understeer pretty badly but only at track days where I've cooked the tires.

>Tires
the gobble them up. be warned.

03-06(vq35de) have a lot more issues and are slower, 07/08(vq35hr) are significantly better cars all around if you can find them.