/cbg/ - City Building General

Time to bring it back edition.

IRC: #SimCity on irc.rizon.net

--- News ---
"Natural Disasters", the new expansion for Cities Skylines released as of Nov. 29th. New content packs are available with it.

NAM v. 35 for Simcity 4 released:
>sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=851

--- Cities: Skylines ---
>Wiki:
skylineswiki.com/Cities:_Skylines_Wiki
>Modding guidelines:
skylineswiki.com/Modding
>Skyline's official site/Paradox (sign up for free Zen Garden and future free items!):
signup.citiesskylines.com/
>Heightmap generator
terrain.party/
>After Dark basic mods (needs an update)
pastebin.com/HEcKw21a

--- SimCity 4 ---
Contains everything you need for SC4 - getting started guide, modpacks, links to various SC4 communities (with more mods/guides):

pastebin.com/Fg9qNhcM

Remember to turn off U-Drive It icons and minimise the game UI when you take a screenshot.

--- Banished ---
>Modding:
banishedinfo.com/

While I do enjoy dense and cyberpunky cities, I think I'm going to aim for something more subdued this time.

Yessss

also, thoughts on the second content creator pack DLC thing they released alongside disasters?
while it's still stuff you could probably get for free in the workshop, it looks like there's more buildings in there than the shitty art deco one for the same price, and they actually seem to have basic functionality in them.

OH YES IT'S BACK

Will we live though?

Same number of buildings as the art deco pack, but this time there's ten unique buildings and five functional buildings.

>Unique buildings:
>Vertical Farm
>Nanotechnology Center
>Research Center
>Robotics Institute
>Semiconductor Plant
>Software Development Studio
>Space Shuttle Launch Site
>Television Station
>Biodome
>Electric Car Factory

>Service Buildings:
>Intelligence Agency - Large Police HQ
>Medical Laboratory - Clinic without ambulances
>Cryopreservatory - Large Crematorium
>Faculty - Small University
>Wave Power Plant

I didn't get it yet but I probably will soon, the game's default growables have that weird near-future look so it's not like this pack would be out of place with them.

I brought the art deco pack because I'm a huge art deco fan IRL and I also liked a lot of the modder's free stuff, so I didn't feel too bad about getting it. I don't think prices will lower on these content packs though, it's been a few major sales already and no luck on lower prices yet.

We darn well better.

yeah, it definitely seems better than the deco one, reckon there's any chance of it getting RICO support somehow?

No idea, a lot of the modders on reddit were bitching to everyone to give them time while they updated everything. Couldn't hurt to ask, though.

yeah, shit breaks every time, it's to be expected with mods.

I hope the next expansion/whatever is something a bit grittier though.
I miss the SC4 mechanic of lower class citizens inhabiting formerly abandoned high level housing, with increased capacity, but plummeting the land value, stuff like that or other undesirable elements when a city doesnt work the way it should.

>Natural Disasters
>Natural

Well, that's quite disappointing.
I would like aliens/giant monsters and shit.

Kind of surprised they haven't implemented that in Skylines, I can't imagine it would be hard. At least with the Paradox model of a gazillion DLC we probably will get it eventually.

Ditto, see above for our best hope.

>zombie attacks
>black friday outbreaks

Post more city screenshots. Discuss ideas for map or city styles.

I want to build a tropical city but wonder how dense I should make it.

follow the ways of Tropico, you need to fill islands full of:
Shacks
Statues

I was planning to make a dense-ish center area but lots of little islets and peninsulas with more singular houses.

Obviously easier said than done.

needs to be more shack and shanty models in the workshop. someone was working on some a while back.
in the meantime, postan old city build.

this game takes forever to load

bumpu

Will someone buy me the building pack DLCs? =3

bumping