Corolla GTS

Give me reasons to buy and not to buy a Corolla GTS

Other urls found in this thread:

driftworks.com/forum/new-driftworks/11329-know-anyone-who-thinks-theyre-buying-ae86.html
my.mixtape.moe/kxpuct.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=H5FNEhF3b7I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lets talk realistic

its a 40 year old peppy hatchback that revs really high. There's gonna be a lot of things that can go wrong with them

now lets talk idealistic

I have driven one, its really fun, and it looks really fun. Drives like a go cart.

dumping whatever 86 photos I have on my hard drive

So would you say its worth getting one?

depends, post your craigslist.

Do you own another car? will this be your daily?

Pros:

>very fun
>easy to work on
>no drivers assists whatsoever
>more aftermarket than you think.

Cons:

>dagumi and FR tax
>rust
>30 years old so parts that you didn't replace will break down on you at the worst of times
>slow stock

>inb4 furfag butthurt

Yup, give it a moment and mr cummy will be all over this thread like a rash.

Haven't started looking yet. I also don't have another car because i walk to work. But i would like to have a car to drive places.

Tofu tax on a 40 year old economy car

>1986 was 40years ago
Really makes you think

I'll give you two
A60 Supra
'84 Celica
Both of these are superior choices to the 86, sure they may be heavier but you'll find them in better condition, and they'll be cheaper, plus JZ swaps are doable in either

It's entirely possible to daily one. The 4A-GE is a fantastic little engine and it's pretty reliable. Minor components may go on you, but if you can work a wrench, it's not hard to fix most things. Hell, I've learned how to fix my car just by buying an AE86. Perfect for entry level mechanics.

Major thing to look for when buying is rust. And if you live in a fucking winter hellhole like me that salts the roads, definitely take it off the road for the season. I'd drive mine year round if I could.

post more pics, i love these cars

Every thread
driftworks.com/forum/new-driftworks/11329-know-anyone-who-thinks-theyre-buying-ae86.html

if you want the gt86 is a modern version of the ae86.

It's a 30 year old Toyota shitbox

If you have to ask, don't buy one.

If this is exactly the kind of car that fits your taste, probably.

This.

Yes. A fucking enjoyable and fun one.

Pros
Its cool, it sounds nice, pop up headlights are cool
Cons
WAY overpriced for what it is, Rust issues, possible issues with previous owners possibly going full dagumi and possibly damaging the car, pop up headlights can break

If you find one for a reasonable price and you got the money, go for it
Just make sure you don't get suckered into buying a crappy SR5 like that one copypasta spammed every week on Veeky Forums.

get this instead for 10-15k

this, s2000's are pretty fun, and relatively cheap

FYI, we never got true AE85s here, ours fall somewhat in between (4ac instead of 3ac, hydraulic clutch instead of mechanical, and a t50 instead of a K50). As a result, it's much easier to convert one from an SR5 - GTS.

Most of this is bull shit. Or not applicable to the US market

dont get a corolla, if you want a good rwd get an rx8 or a mk3 supra. anything but that. only weebs drive those old corollas

>has never driven a corolla

>good rwd get an rx8 or a mk3 supra
lol wat are you retarded
not saying a corolla gts is any better than those but those are both shit choices for different reasons

my.mixtape.moe/kxpuct.webm

lost your name there or are there really two retards in one thread incapable of counting?

this
youtube.com/watch?v=H5FNEhF3b7I
also