ITT : Cars you like for literally no coherent reason

I just want one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uIuZyliL8ts
youtube.com/watch?v=thyJOnasHVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cool supra OP

Always liked pic related, why no mazdaspeed version though :(

I really want to import a Honda Acty to burgerland.

bet you sip on cider and smoke menthols

Because it's a minivan for picking up kids from school in not a sports car.

Wow, the rear spoiler makes these look a LOT better than without.

I've currently got an Alfa 147, next year I'm gonna be trading up and I'm so tempted by a Crossfire.

Am I a mong?

i like these but everyone i see is auto with nigger rims

Mah nigga

Why the fuck do you want a pre-riced car you faggot

Don't be a heretic and keep the 147. You'll regret letting it go.

The fact that it's horrendous adds a bit of charm to it actually.

I guess just for the "wtf is that" look on people's face

I know it's pigfat slow, unreliable and hell, i don't even like convertibles but i want one

I know I'll miss her, but I fancy a change.

Get it with the 3.2 v6 and 4wd, won't be that slow

Honda Element

why the fuck dont you learn to read you faggot

brz and accord coupes/preludes

i own mk2 got it from my dad
but whenever someone says golf i always think of mk3
they're dog shit of a cars but with right rims and height they look spectacular

im sorry.

I'm european btw

It's so quirky and screams 70's oil crisis. some reason I think this old 70's shitbox would be fun, especially the version with a V8 stuck in it

MY NIGGAS!

The GT2 Taevion Trampio FTO is what made the FTO for me. I worked for a mitsu dealer for years (limited Canadian market) and I know it'd realistically be a shitbox with an engine that'll go forever. Those memories tho...

Pic fuckin related

>talking with family friend
>be back in the day
>crammed a 454 big block into a pacer (or was it a gremlin?)
>did wheelstands
>shit was so cash

the mirth-mobile anybody?

Sounds stupid, but diesel torque looks fun.
youtu.be/uIuZyliL8ts

& the chrysler crossfire

Something about that boxy rear end, and the neat as fuck coupe rear windows that go down. I've been told they're decent cruisers and not particularly good at anything.

Just to be clear, I don't really like Merc's at all.

>Tahoe with a body kit

>no coherent reason
>except that it's one of the best cars ever with one of the best diesel engines ever

Lol'd
As soon as I saw that I thought that goofy "ayuck ayuck" type noise in my head.
I feel like it needs the smug pepe hand

It's to give some consolation to the cucked dad who has to drive it.

You'd better be.

I think we'll go with a bit of bohemian rasphody gentlemen

>it's one of the best cars ever
I don't think so. Unless you're with some east euro mafia.
>one of the best diesel engines ever
No idea, but I don't think many people are doing turbo swaps to it.
Surely the best diesel engines are found in trucks and tractors.

>featherweight
>pop ups
>RWD
>practical
>best sounding 4cyl ever made
>become dagumi

So many reasons

>featherweight
There's plenty of other cars with comparable weight that make more horsepower (not to mention Toyota's design which totally gimps the 4AGE until it hits 4200 rpm)

>pop ups
Cool as fuck, but not a good reason

>RWD
This should be the standard. You don't praise a C simply because it's not an F.

>practical
I'll give you that, but I don't know if I'd want to daily one of these.

>best sounding 4cyl ever made
Never heard one in person, so I can't pass judgement.

>become dagumi
Literally the only notable reason

I would love to have a tiny Japanese offroader. Too bad they are usually beat to shit by the time they can be imported to the Trumpire.

this post reeks of autism

I've got an r53 works and I can't think if anything more brilliant to drive around town

Please god don't do a crossfire. There's one parked down the street from me and it just gets stupider looking everytime I see it.

I fucking love non-taxi Checker Marathons.

I've always liked the Mitsubishi/Plymouth Sapporo/Dodge Challenger.

>tfw no soarer

>V8
>AMC Pacer

Jesus Christ

Maymay coopers are tempting too

Looks are subjective so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Is there any major reason why not? I get that they're not the fastest car in the world, nor are they the last word in grip or handling, but is there something I don't know?

They didn't sell too well here in the UK, and reviews don't go far beyond "Murican car no turn, why no BMW 3 Series?"

Waddafug you mean, no reason? It's a nigh-on 600hp, AWD-but-can-still-do-burnouts estate car with the option of a cherry wood boot floor. You can even fit grown-ups in the back, as opposed to the saloon.

>not a single car model made past 2005

any kinda boring sedan with a v6 as long it does not have a cvt.

I love these old 4wd shitbox wagons

I love you

MKZ

I irrationally want a old Ford Econoline sleeper van. I don't know why. Something about it seems cozy and comfortable. Even though I know it wouldn't be appealing and people would think I'm a pedo.

I have a Mazda 5 and its great. It's very fun to drive surprisingly.

tercel 4wd is GOAT

Yeah, the buso engine is based

I have one. It's actually really fast and turns heads all the time. Worst part about it is maintenance costs. Everything mechanical on this car is Mercedes.

Those toyota wagons have pretty decent clearance for a car. Too bad the rust began as soon as they went off the lot.

The iroc-z is gutless, pigfat, and the majority of them have those ugly ass american racing rims you can get from Wal-Mart... But i find that they are apitome of lower class murrika. whenever I see them i think of drunken police chases involving some meth head with a mullet.

Thanks man, maintenance and parts doesn't seem to be much more than the Alfa. Fuel economy might be a bit of a pick but meh.

This weird thing made by ford for the Saudis.

Nice looking car by the way

Rear shot is like one of those "future" movie cars from an 80s movie.

Or this 70's jeep concept

The main issue you're going to have with one is maintenance costs. These share pretty much everything on-board with a Mercedes SLK320 AMG. So when all the little plastic electronic and mechanical doo-dads start breaking and giving out (and these cars are approaching 12 years old, so trust me, a lot of shit has needed replacing lately) you're going to be spending a lot of money on parts.

Another reason they kind of suck is the aftermarket for them is very weak. To upgrade the power in an SRT6, you don't have many options and it is going to be quite expensive.

But if none of that is a concern, I say go for it. They have 330 horsepower and 310 torque stock with a 0-60 of 4.8 to 5.0 seconds. The SRT6 is super rare. Like less than 3,000 ever made rare. If you like convertibles, they made even less of those: under 1,000 were built I'm pretty sure. And they're cheap as fuck too. I got mine with 68k miles on it 3 years ago for $14k. They're about $10k now.

Imagine rolling up to the club in this with a full leisure suit on.

Thanks. Fuel economy isn't anything special. Like 18 city 22 highway or something. I have a sprintbooster installed on the car and when I set the throttle response to 'aggressive' I was getting like 11 mpg

I gotchu satan.
youtube.com/watch?v=thyJOnasHVE

Also, the SRT6 was only available with a 5 speed automatic transmission. I don't know if that matters to you or not but I know Veeky Forums is pretty autistic about that so I figured I'd throw it out there.

WIsh it was lighter tho

They're rarer than pink dog shit, I dont have the money (8k AUD) and I would have nowhere to put it, but goddamn do I want one just so I can throw spanners at it.

Cheers.

Over here, a well maintained Crossfire coupe is about £3k (Less than $4k) and most come with a warranty, I guess because they're not desirable here so dealers have to sweeten the deal.

Aftermarket parts for one is non-existent. I hear that many tuning parts for the Merc SLK fit the Crossfire but not sure how true that is. In any case, im gonna either deal with stock (Which isn't an issue really) or import.

Veeky Forums does go overboard with the whole automatic thing, but I would prefer a manual.

Thanks for the input, after Xmas I'll be looking at a new car and now I'm really leaning toward the Crossfire.

I can see why you feel that way, it's a nice looking car.

>tfw no Mitsubishi RVR Hyper Gear R

It's a fucking SAAB but I really like the 900 and 9-3 coupes for some reason.

want to swap a 13b into one

wow from one bad decision right into the next one

These CLKs aged incredibly well, I think 20 years from now they will still look shit hot.

So cuuute!

The 159 was the first Alfa to drop the Busso and use a GM unit instead.

Instead of the Crossfire, consider a 147 GTA. Way better V6, lower weight and better handling.

I'd love a GTA, but they're so expensive here. £8k for a decent one and nearly double for me to insure.

Same with the Brera QV or the 159 Q4.

I'm open to ideas for my next car and, on paper at least, there are better cars than the Crossfire in my budget but the Chrysler has that little something extra that I can't put my finger on that just makes me want it.

As it says at the top of the thread, they're both "Cars I like for no coherent reason".

I know Top Gear made the Alfa a bit of a meme, but there is genuinely something really special about them that I can't explain.

This makes my fizzy bit fiz in a particularly fizzy way.

This, and even the 350z. That body, and those lines. Unconventional, not profound, mildly edgy, and sending more mixed messages than a mullet on a Canadian.

But....
But...
Here I am, wanting it. To at least drive it...

>no potential for power
>memed to death

As a 370 owner, the 350 is a pile of dogshit, don't even consider it. 370 is good but if you're buying new there's better cars for the price, they're great options used though.

>There are better options
Story of my life.

I just sold my clk430 and I'm already sad, I blew a headgasket and have nowhere to store it for the winter... but yeah man they can sit comfy as fuck at going 120 through the desert

>for the price

Slow, unreliable, and cheaply made

But god damn I want one