>starter below the intake manifold
>anything at the back of the engine
>no dipstick

>no fuel pump access panel
>have to take the bumper off to replace headlight bulb
>have to pull motor to replace timing components

>automatic transmissions without drain plugs
>automatic transmissions without external filters

I swear shit like this is half the reason automatics are "less reliable" because nobody can service them, or nobody wants to pay someone to drop the fucking pan.

>starter below the battery tray and thick ass wire harness

Fuck MkIV Jettas.

Came up with a few more;
>bolted fuses
>range selector on the left of the gearstick
>hidden seat belt pulleys that are fucking hard to uncover

>entire front clip has to come off for a timing belt job
>WATER PUMPS WITH PLASTIC IMPELLERS

>mfw 4eat has both

>PLASTIC IMPELLERS
THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE

>the French.

>Flat head screws

Are there engines with a not removable head?

>one-time use head bolts that take their name a little bit too literally

>plastic clips
>can only be removed by breaking them

some types of flat head and only a few ohc

not at all. Plastic clips can be removed without breaking either careful with two flat head screwdrivers, or pic related, with a special plastic clip removing plier

>have to take the bumper off to replace headlight bulb
clio/megane?
a friend once asked me if I could help hime change his bulb, was really pissed when he showed up in a clio

it does mean you have to take the engine apart from the bottom up tho
would work in well with a split crankcase lmo

>need to do a small fix
>have to take apart the whole fucking car to get to the part that needs fixing
REEEEEEE
fuck you FCA

We had to do that on a 206 if I remember correctly

That thing was simply a HUGE piece of shit

>Weak clutch return spring only replaceable by completely removing rubber floor and all of dash

I should have just bought a fucking Fendt. Have done 2 springs in this so far. Case dealership gave me a massive bill for the first one. Fuck off

this also has no need of head gaskets

Offenhauser

>clutch job
>entire fucking front suspension has to come off if you want to get the gearbox out, along with the downpipe
who the FUCK approved this

There are way more types than just plugs

>Windshield cowl drains that clog very very easily causing water to spill into the interior and soak the carpets
Fucking Volvos

>Battery removal involving more than unbolting the retainer

Haven't had a lot of problems with the NH t9 600s.

Our cat payloader is dangerous though. You'll rev up for the hydraulics when you go to deface and it'll randomly shoot forward for seemingly no reason. Factory reps have replaced a bunch of electrical bits but the problem persists.

The little LS tractor I bought is a complete joke. It's like every attachment involves welding tabs so you can get a complete range of motion. I originally thought I had the wrong length cylinders but that's not the case.
Damn thing is burning coolant as well. At least I think it is.

No, not always. GM and Chrysler come to mind for fragile plastic clips.

This. Tapped my own for my 4l80e.

Still an internal filter, but at least I can drain it without making a mess.

>implying torque is bad

I have a great dislike of NH. All the ones I've used in the past have been highly average or plain disgusting to operate. I see a fair few around my way though so they can't be all that bad, maybe I've just had a few bad eggs. My case has been a delight other than those clutch return springs, haven't had a problem.

>need to take head off
>have to remove distributor first

>not having an ursus
enjoy your inferior tractors ya sheepshagger

>plastic heater core components that break after 7-10 years
I'm just going to scan and print one of these fuckers, then pour a brass one or something

>Any work on the back row of cylinders/sparks on a transverse engine
>No dedicated fuel pump relay
>Oil filters that are angled to make the most mess possible when they are removed
>Plastic grills/covers that take longer to remove and reinstall than the part that you need to replace
>Plastic bits held onto the car with 10 plastic snaps, 8 plastic tabs, 6 metal tabs, and sealed with the devil's jizz.
>Plastic parts
>Plastics

>Slavic heater core still works after 30 years

>tfw no slav gf

>oil filter in between starter and exhaust manifold
>rusted rotor screws with stripped heads
>drag links
>spring around shock
>no valve adjustment
>ckps in hard to reach place
>20 year old japanese plastic
>American ecu's
>German timing
>European suspension

Do you wanna be the guy responsible when the heater core of seven top-ranking members of your local peoples party Volgas all fail during the harsh, siberian winter?

>>any bolt below 10MM
>>Your elusive 10 MM wrench
FUCK. YOU. 10. MM. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

>live in 1980s russia
>work in glorious Izhnev combined toaster/heater/bathtub/coffin factory
>send heater core to outpost in stalingrad for party member's house
>heater core fails in a week, 5 party higher-ups die
>get shot along with half the factory by siberian ditch

that chimp is a dyel faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=raJ7p471lM4
you had me scared for a bit there. I kinda want to have one of these one day.

This one hadn't been treated all that well, but that was also because it never really responded well to being treated with actual care either...

Rusted quite easily, the headlights were shit even after fully restoring the lenses, suspension felt somehow under-dimensioned (we swapped out shocks and the front springs), anemic diesel engine, rattly interior that felt god-awfully cheap

There is a reason why these were dirt-cheap why they were new, and why they depreciated damned quickly

I mean this sincerely; you are going to really fucking hate your driving-life with one of these

>have to pull the air box and remove the battery to chance headlight
>have to pull the motor to change spark plugs
>the drain plug on the transmission requires a big ass star driver

>>have to pull the motor to change spark plugs
The fuck?

Same here, i need a new evaporator temp sensor. 10$ part, have to remove the whole dash, i don't think I'm going to replace it.

It's a Subaru meme.

any Subaru, ever, if technician does not have the thinnest and shortest fingers ever.

I think the RC has a better suspension than the more downmarket models. But if I were to ever buy one of these, it would be as a 4th or 5th car or so, in my hypothetical future garage with unlimited space for all the shitheap impulse buys I will make when I'm rich.
When.

You can just remove the air filter housing, battery, and washer fluid reservoir then loosen the motor mounts and jack it up. No reason to remove the engine.

t. Done spark plugs on multiple subarus

I like how we have a very similar idea of what it was like being a factory worker in soviet times

>all the plastic covering the engine on any car past the year 2000
>trying to figure out which o2 sensor is bad
>removing belts on transversly mounted engines
>having to use the little spare tire jack that comes with the car
>assholes in lifted trucks
>grease that won't come off your hands before dinner

It's called the 300zx

>removing belts on traverse mounted engines
Nothing like removing a motor mount to replace a serpentine belt.

I like you

Dude, wtf? They're right there, almost on top.

That all seems really excessive just to change the spark plugs (save for removing the motor)

Get yourself some acetone or methyl ethyl ketone. It'll remove any grease you have on your hands

>the timing marks are missing

">2 plugs per cylinder"

What cars have this? I've not seen it outside of small planes (Which are much easier to get to)

Ford Ranger comes to mind for the 2.5 i4.

SOUL
AND
PASSION

My Merc had that

I actually miss that old rustheap a little...

Literally the reason I didn't mind buying an Autotragic Outback wagon.

Are Subaru's CVTs proven reliable yet? I'm genuinely curious because X mode in them Fozzies.

>transverse engines
>coolant hoses running right over bolt on belt tensioner pulley
>two bolt heads coming out of the engine bay on either side of the bolt on the pulley
>less than .5" clearance for the tensioner bolt on the top, left, and right
Fuck the SC2

I don't know whether to be disgusted or impressed by that valvetrain

>car has huge engine bay and babby sized engine but STILL is hard to do simple jobs
>spark plugs that are hard as fuck to get out even though all the others came out easy as pie
>bolts in weird positions requiring you to use a small wrench or socket but are torqued to ape strength so it's hard as shit to remove with so little leverage
>parts that are stock that dont exactly quite fit together no matter what you do
>brake discs that need the entire suspension to be removed in order to change them
>parts that need you to be a fucking yoga instructor to reach let alone even attempt to remove them
>bolts that aren't rusted but still strip the fuck out if you so much as touch them
>leaks that happen for no reason
>things that work intermittently for no reason whatsoever
>previous owner decided that the regular screws to hold on the license plate weren't cutting it so they screw self tappers straight through the bumper
>people who drive like SHIT then are absolutely mystified when car parts fail
>people who have their own theories about why their car is running like crap and you just want to kill them
>jobs that have 3 steps and are piss easy but UH OH that one bolt just decided to snap off and the 10 minute job is now going to take over a week while the new bolt comes in the mail

>let's run coolant through the belt tensioner assembly via plastic elbows

>step one remove the battery

It's not all it's played up to be. Me and my last slav had some friction between us

>simple thermostat gasket
>cant find it ANYWHERE
>can get new radiator pipes thermostats water pumps radiators even fucking engine bottom end internals
>cant get a tiny ass gasket that costs 4 bucks

>flat four spark plug changes
>centric rings
>spark plug tubes
>oil filter between exhaust manifold
>AC compressor is literally hitler
>rattle
>console collapses

I have no problems with northstar engines...

>get told to rebuild starter instead of buying new one
>transverse engine
>remove modor mount and rock engine for more room
So stupid

Or when things on PCBs break, and you gotta explain that you gotta replace the while thing.

Honestly I consider the starter to be relatively easy to access on MkIV platform cars. Comes out in roughly 15 minutes with basic tools.

Nissan 200sx

The actual fuck? I thought Subarus were supposed to be well designed. I've never owned one but that sounds even worse than my fucking VW that you need a whole bevy of specialized tools to change spark plugs on.

My Golf has drain and fill plugs but NO DIPSTICKā€¦ It is literally easier to just fucking change the fluid than to check the level of said fluid.

It's like VW was giving auto drivers the finger when they designed that transmissionā€¦

We tried to replace a headlight bulb in friend's Micra K12 a while ago. After 30 minutes of blindly trying to dislodge the metal rod holding the bulb in place we resorted to online forums just to find out you need to take half of the front apart to remove the lamp to have a remote chance at doing the job.
Also

>any bolt going through a suspension bushing

>Hemi in chrysler need to take head off the change spark plugs

changing plugs in my 300zx takes 20 minutes tops, if even that. do you even own one? everything else engine bay wise is a bitch

>parts that are stock that dont exactly quite fit together no matter what you do
>jobs that have 3 steps and are piss easy but UH OH that one bolt just decided to snap off and the 10 minute job is now going to take over a week while the new bolt comes in the mail

fuck, this hits way too close to home. I've stripped or snapped so many studs on my car when I'm still 15-20 ftlbs of torque under factory spec.

also
>putting in replacement suspension parts
>other parts are worn amd shifted so its a huge struggle trying to put in the new ones

>change rear shocks
>bolts are on the inside of the car, hidden under multiple plastic shells
RRREEEEEEE

">bolts in weird positions requiring you to use a small wrench or socket but are torqued to ape strength so it's hard as shit to remove with so little leverage"

Ahhh, that feeling of "how the fuck did they even get this on without breaking it or rounding it off"

And in that regard

>Torqued down SCREWS instead of bolts. After years of sitting there they very rarely come out without rounding them off

>Ahhh, that feeling of "how the fuck did they even get this on without breaking it or rounding it off"

what is an assembly line

Modern Chrysler V8's.

>Tapped my own for my 4l80e.
>Still an internal filter
Get rid of the filter and just change the fluid more frequently.

plugs per cylinder

>He doesn't like nitromethanol

>oilpan gasket leaking
>oilpan gasket replacement require subframe removal

I broke a nice snap on U-joint trying to get the block coolant drain plug out on my honda because its behind the fucking manifold and you cant get a wrench in there. Said fuck it, you're not getting a full flush I guess.

>BMW plastic tubes

What car? I have the same problem

Some rocks fell off a truck today and bounced up into my car. One chipped my windshield. I wasn't even tailgating. Reeeeeee

>huge engine bay
>tiny 1.0 engine
>spark plugs, intake and exhaust ALL on rear side of transverse engine
>engine pushed right back against back of engine bay
>german """"""""""""""engineering"""""""""""""""""

>having to remove the whole engine and transmission just to replace a clutch
>having little to no space to replace a belt
>vacuum lines up the ass
>when you can't get a new engine mount so you have to rebuild it

Try and guess my car guys

I forgot one
>when you change the oil filter but the exhaust manifold is in the way and the only way to get it out is by forcing it out through the littlest gap there is

VW Up?

Are you actually retarded?
I'm pretty sure he meant how tight the bolt has to be...

>he doesn't wear disposable latex gloves while wrenching.
Enjoy your contact dermatitis colonel fukwad