My Summer Car Thread 11 /msc/ - Skins > Peer

First Thread: Second Thread: Third Thread: Fourth Thread: Fifth Thread: Sixth Thread: Seventh Thread:
Eighth Thread: Ninth Thread: Tenth Thread: Walkthrough / Screw Guide: my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

Alt Walkthrough: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786551026

For people who have questions, search through previous threads first, there's plenty of good info in them

Peer, fun & failed inspections

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ptIT719xPC4
mega.nz/#!ssMVBR7A
mega.nz/#!ssMVBR7A!OxZYWTXnj6g-R5wxtbKtBG5VMND-fAKwuxE1fk2O_so
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone had any rides from green car? I'm curious how that goes, but if it keeps you from walking home after I inevitably go careening off the road then I'll trust the guy. Maybe.

I'm scared.

overrated game
it has potential but lots of stupid elements

Overrated opinion.

such as

Such as the users that cry when they have no idea what they're doing?

why did these threads die so suddenly?

Finns are asleep is my guess.

Whatever you do do not run the shit truck out of gas

This is what happens

youtu.be/ptIT719xPC4

perkele

>falling through the planet
>>welp, might as well piss

>buy the new car game, you get to build an engine that sounds cool
>read up on the guide a few paragraphs, okay I've played garry's mod a little this should be easy
>die in a van accident, restart
>go to the store, successfully shop, then drop all my shit on the floor when I reach for the bag
>shopkeep gives me this look

this isn't going to be easy is it

I rode with him for about 10 minutes. Got in with him near the mechanic shop, and he drove up to the store, looped around the town, came back down the dirt road connecting the shop and mechanic, then headed out of loppe and to the intersection leading to your house. I would assume he turns around near the airfield and goes back to loppe and eventually the shop. He drove pretty fast and was drinking and smoking the whole time, but he never crashed or really want off the road at all. Not bad at all, definitely beats walking

How do you get out? Just tuck and roll? Or do you pull a string like the rest of these bus-riding Veeky Forumstists?

I opened the door and hit the "hitch hike" button again he let me out.

BTW does anyone know if you can pass the inspection with a broken windshield? I have all the stock parts except for the extra gauges but every time the mechanic returns my car the windshield is broken.. I've had him fix it 3 times...

my first time posting in these threads

FUCK ME

Sorry, I'm not into necrophilia.

I can fap to this
Show obituary

Nope. I pressed on after my windshield shattered installing my dash and I pressed on. Ended up restarting. Also don't forget to bring your safety triangle. It's on the reactor, put it in the trunk or back seat. I usually put stuff in the back seat to avoid my trunk caving in to np reason. Your hazards don't work so you need the triangle to pass.

Thanks. I'll just have to hope the mechanic can get it right this time.

>reactor
wow they really went deep with the new update

Here are some ads for your radio. Remember to rename them.
mega.nz/#!ssMVBR7A

Did it wrong
mega.nz/#!ssMVBR7A!OxZYWTXnj6g-R5wxtbKtBG5VMND-fAKwuxE1fk2O_so

I have put 80 hours on it and agree.

>boat
>fridge
>landfill
>airstrip

Pretty much useless stuff. But the game is early access, so *we* must wait for cool stuff.
What is right:

>boat
Fishing!
For own consumption or sell to Teimo.

>fridge
If your food is not on the fridge, it will rotten and if you eat you're going to die.

>landfill
Use the van to collect trash (sofa, tv, bed) from oher houses, them dump there. Get paid for that.

>airstrip
Bet on drag races.

Make Peräjärvi Great Again.

also need more building cars (and more detailed too, such as gearbox and differential)

Need pulling spare parts off abandoned cars.

The ability to maintain and possibly upgrade the van would be neat.

A newspaper to buy and sell shit would be cool.
>like the old nickle ads

The Developer mentioned the possibility of a junk yard.

It would be cool to have alternate car body styles to build. like a 4door sedan, station wagon, small puckup, old style landbarge, and so on.

Quick question to everyone else also. I got the car all assembled and I find that when I drive, I see like smoke or liquid shooting out from under the hood. I got all the caps tight, full fluids, what's the problem? Am I reving it too high or something? I try to keep the rpms under 6000, I drive it carefully, I'm very certain I got all the stuff assembled right and I tuned the carb to be slightly on the rich side just so I dont make the engine strain to hard... or is the stock radiator just shit and I have to save up for the better one?

your temps go too high

Its probably just the stock radiator. I usually order all of the parts before getting the car finished.
>Install the aluminum radiator
>Stock exhaust/ carb
>Do the inspection

How do I prevent this? I dont see how I am making my car work so hard, I am babying it. Am I supposed to tighten the coolant tubes or something? I have been inspecting the fluids often and it always seems to be full of coolant.

That's what I was wondering, is the stock radiator just junk to get the car running, rather than a long term solution?

FUCK THIS FUCKING EXHAUST PIPE I CANT GET THE FUCKING BITCH ON

The A/F mix is probably too lean.

-use floor jack on one side max height
-pick up exhaust somewhere near the middle
-crouch and lean while lined up with the gear stick
easy

holy shit that worked, thanks

Push the car into the pit area after getting the motor built.
I use the engine hoist and put the motor in first then install the exhaust, handbrake gearshift linkage, check all brake/fuel lines.
>hold the exhaust behind and put it in the general area it goes under the car
>rotate it a little if needed you should get the check mark to install relatively quick

I have it tuned to the point where if I tighten it just one click more, the exhaust becomes grey rather than black. So loosen it more towards black smoke?

>try to pick up satsuma with forklift
>wreck it instead

It's literally dented all over the place, does it cost a lot to fix the chassis?

Pick up the Satsuma once it's got wheels on, much easier and less prone to damage.

Well, I needed to pick it up to install the wheel-y parts where the wheels go, all the shit that goes under the engine.
damage is done now anyway.

Has anyone managed to jack it up when it's touching the ground? The floor jack bugs and makes the car shake around

It costs a ton, but you can also just replace the meshsave.txt in the save file, look at the wiki guide to see how.
Frankly, I don't even bother with the forklift after my first few times building it, I just roll it in to the garage and use the pit. It's a lot easier to install the exhaust that way anyway

You can put everything except the exhaust on without having to lift the car up desu.

Helps, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Is there a key to making the steering column stay in? I've tried doing it while it's on the ground, on the jacks, and on the forklift.
It just jams in then falls out.

Floor jack lifting the back, scissor lifting the front a couple inches.
Lining up the forklift is the main part, then lifting it and rechecking the balance as you raise it.

Yeah, I realised that when I dropped it but it's my first time anyway.

>almost finished car
>need another bottle of brake fluid and food
>drive van
>asshole in a car driving down the wrong way of the road
>spot too late, swerve
>van tips over onto side and slides into forest
>miraculously avoid every tree
>stop with wheels butting up against forest border
>can't tip van back over
>haven't saved in over 2 hours
PERKELE PERKELEEN

>tfw you brake checked the green car guy because you thought he was an asshole one time, sending him off into the woods
>tfw you're walking along the road, and wondering if it's worth hitch hiking with him if he remembers you

Basically thick smoke is bad. Light means too lean, dark means too rich. Inbetween the smoke should be significantly clearer.

You need to put the steering rack on the subframe first.

Torque wrench when

is satsuma normally very thirsty? I run it for a couple minutes and use almost half a tank.

Subframe is screwed in
when I bring the column over and place it with the check mark, it just makes a loud bang and usually dents the body or breaks the windshield then falls on the ground.

no matter whether I'm putting it in by standing above the engine bay, or under the car.

check that the bolt connecting the fuel line to the tank is tightened (it's a 12mm). If it is, you're probably running way too rich

Turns out I missed the bolt, thanks a lot friend.

>stop in front of bolis officer and get out
>take test
>go back in truck
>fucking car outta nowhere rams me and I run over the cop

Welp

>Enjoy working on cars
>Always thought a game where you restore a junker would be fun
>See this hot new meme game on some shitty youtuber's let's play channel
>Decide to give it a go because it looks neat
>Spend nearly half an hour fumbling with the controls and shoddy detection of bolts getting suspension on
>Finally get the wheels on but have to fulfill the hunger meter because meme game
>Start putting down the road in Diesel powered van
>Game crashes out
>Didn't save

Fucking Christ I need to find a new hobby.

the game crashed? that's pretty rare

Probably autist beating on the keyboard because they crashed a car. Rather than crying about how "hard" it is, an actual bug report should be submitted unless of course they pirated a buggy version because $15 is too much money.

For some reason I've been getting a shit load of crashes in the short time I've been playing this game. And no, I didn't pirate it. I picked it up from Steam for $15 like a good boy.

Your potato a shit. go to the game settings and disable some of the graphics features

I doubt it's something like that. My computer is an absolute toaster with a sapphire 7770 and I haven't had any crashes

Weird?

So send the crash report to the dev so he can tell you what's wrong rather than just whining about it.

I went to the garage to pick up the muscle car and saw this in the workshop. Was very strange as they are very unknown cars.

I drive one daily IRL.

My trailing arms fall off when I put the coil springs on, what am I doing wrong?

not bolting in the trail arms

Problem solved thanks, I am a person of colour

Out of curiosity, post an error log up on pastebin so we can see what failed. I've had one crash and it was the force feedback drivers.

It's at Steam\SteamApps\common\My Summer Car\2016-11-11_123456\error.log

try disabling wheel FFB

I had the same issue. Yout fan belt is probably too tight. Have it 1 or 2 clicks away from the.tightest setting

>Drive one daily

HNNNGHHH pics please

Goys where does the fuel strainer go?

In the engine bay near the carby afaik

Do i put it before mounting the engine though?

>>airstrip
>Bet on drag races.

New to the game, is there a way to reach safely and faster the store without using the van? I always crash and never reach it, I'm a scrub. Can I use the boat to buy things?

That's a emotional photo.

yes

truck is more stable overall, can reach 110-120kmh without death wobble
can fit everything the van can, except for exhaust (which you can jam in there but it might glitch out while driving)

the van drives 10 times better if you load weight in the back (it's really light there and RWD) (the couch, your shopping, logs) but desu after my first trip to the store I've never used the van except for getting the couch home

Drive slow, slow down when turning or when you can't see a lot down the road

I'm all about realism so I mount it after the engine is in.
>Installing a fuel filter that mounts on the car
It can be done either way.

I'll fit it later, might be easier to put in place

does anyone have a reliable method for aligning the tires? I feel like I have way too much toe out to the point that I can't accelerate on level ground in 4th gear

that supposed to be a Fiat 126?

yeah
the proportions are way off though

Piss in the radiator

>its a fiat

>lose the satsuma for pinks because Race Wars

It is tho
It's a 133

I tried to test my handbrake in the garage but it flew off. Is there a way to get it back if I don't know where it landed?

>it's a rear engined fiat that looks nothing like the car in the game but the dev just made the logo look like a Datsun and made it front engined for the hell of it

>still a fiat

>nice fiat engine

now look at the car in the OP post and see what dumbass you made out of yourself

Do have a look at the car in OP and stop sperging out m8
>hurr there's a datsun in the game all cars in the game must be datsuns durr

pls resbond, I don't want to start over because of a handbrake

You seem upset. Something wrong?

>fiat jumping

>fiat comes in 4 doors

>wrecked fiat