Only REAL car guys drive manuals!

>Only REAL car guys drive manuals!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TvDqFqvnxdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how the fuck does that even happen

This. 6->3 I can see happening, even 6->1 if you don't normally drive stick.

there's literally no point in going manual in a daily driver, especially something like a corolla from 2015

Fuck reddit, and fuck you OP

6 to 1 would be impossible unless you're the hulk, the synchromesh just won't let it happen. Too much resistance. Also maybe it's a different than normal shift pattern? I'm trying to think of a pattern where 6 to 2 is a thing.

A transmission that's easily serviceable, a tick more power, more control over the powerband...

I bet he wanted to go from 6 to 4. And managed to slide it into 2nd instead. But really tho, how did that happen at all? I can't even go from 5th to 2nd if I'm going over 65mph.

>manual fwd ecoboxes

Why do people do this

There's no driver involvement in an a-to-b commuter
Omitting sporty versions like the xrs/st/sti

Why not? It's not like it's a stiff clutched, short shiftered sports car.

I've only mis-shifted once and it was 5 to 2 in a 5-gear. I was going about 55 and it caused the drive wheels to lock up briefly until the car slowed to a speed 2 was capable of, but I didn't lose control or anything. it was just startling. and the car worked fine after.

This fag managed 5th to 2nd
youtube.com/watch?v=TvDqFqvnxdk

skip to 7:05

5 to 2 is easy on this pattern if you're inexperienced. For me it was also a loose wobbly piece of shit.

If I had to drive a FWD econobox manual would at least make it kind-of-fun as opposed to kms-tier.
All car guys [at least can] drive manual but not all manual drivers are car guys.

The synchromesh actually makes it easier. A lot of trannies still don't have a first gear synchro, which makes shifting to first nigh-impossible while moving over 10mph at all. I hate that my reverse doesn't have a synchro. Makes starting my shitbox while facing uphill rather annoying.

Great for weekend warrior. Not a daily driver econobox.

i have both

MUCH prefer the manual in pic related type commute

Real men drive doglegs

Ops wrong pic

That's not a dogleg, user

That's not a dog leg pattern

so my '93 automatic honda's speed sensor/harness/ecu is sort of fucked (probably shorted from leaking coolant) and my speedo keeps fucking up.

like sometimes the speedo bounces all over the place and makes the tranny downshift/upshift rapidly and i'm afraid it will destroy it

if it does end up going out, would it be worth converting it into a manual?

also, fuck automatics

>sometimes the speedo bounces all over the place
What does it take its input from? Could just be a bad sensor somewhere.

I did that once in a 3.5 Altima, was probably still my first week driving it. Redline was 6750ish, saw it go to about 7.5k nothing bad happened though

I go from 6th to 1st all the time on Forza

What was the last car to have a manual dog-leg transmission? The Saab 96 had one, and it ended production in 1980.

The E30 M3 and MB W201 Cosworth came with dogleg transmissions

512M? They had them in 1996

1) it's the only thing keeping me awake
2) when I drive a modern auto econobox and I have to wait 2 seconds for the ECU to decide I actually want to accelerate, 1 second for turbo lag, and 2 seconds for the transmission to sort its shit out when I have barely enough power to avoid getting killed by a truck to start with it is the worst possible experience

Found that that just this year, Aston Martin announced a 7-speed dog-leg transmission for the V12 Vantage S.

On a somewhat related note, what was the last car that had a manual column shifter?

>fwd manual - banging a qt3.14 while wearing protection
>fwd auto - getting aidsfucked in the butt

It's literally exactly like that.

>401.jpg
>tfw allen road finally get on

Toyota crown