SUV ideas

I'm looking for a larger sized SUV that is also capable of light/mild off roading when I want to. Most of its life will be on the road though so emphasis on comfort and maybe using it for road trips.

On a side note, is the H2 really that bad? They don't seem as big anymore compared to modern trucks, seems like they have a center locking diff and other hardcore off roading stuff standard.

>is the H2 really that bad?
It's a Chevy Tahoe with a different body

Most sources say it's on the 2500 chassis with some parts of the 1500

3rd gen 4runner if on a budget, 5th gen if you're not and don't mind people calling you a gold digger/rich fag. 3rd is compactish, 5th is fullsize

Bump

The H3 is actually a better offroader than the H2 because it's on the Colorado chassis. Full size is for hauling heavy trailers down highways, not for the dirt.

But it's probably not what you're looking for as a road vehicle.

Goes without saying that the H1 puts them both completely to bed. God damn Ahnold did us a solid with that shit.

Enjoy going between two rocks closer than nine feet apart in an H1.

H2 is not great in anything other than fire trails. It kinda flounders on anything rougher.

My cousin has a stock H2 he bought new, hes taken it offroading and ive seen it bashing around a bit.

Op youre better off in a Landcruiser or a Diesel Excursion/Expidition?
I forget which of the 2 had the Diesel.

FIRST GEN THO

this. longer vehicle would be annoying for offroading but OP said won't be used for heavy roading so no rocks or mud if that's the case.

why not a wrangler?

Just get a YJ at that point.

>Wrangler
>highways

modern rubicons are alright. they're light enough and the cheapness can pay for the fuel in that case.

if a taco/ranger/Colorado can offroad with their 5-5.5m length, an h1 can do so with no issues (4.5m)

It's not the length, it's the width. H1 is nearly semi truck wide.

Wtf are you talking about?
Its just a bulky as fuck brick and the ground clearance needs atleast another 3" to be an effective 4x4.

Btw i own a Tacoma.

I completely forgot about the curb weight, suspension, and especially: width

Yeah, sorry anons. It's still really damn early right now.

I still stand by getting a Jeepthough despite the highway "problem"

Just buy a Bronco in good condition for under 6k.
Even on the highway theyre solid.
Only time theyre scary is when you go over a very high bridge over water and the wind is buffeting it.
Pic related, my old OJ Bronco

Too hard to find nice 1st gens, they are also a bit smaller, and if you don't get a front solid axle then there is no point in getting one. The old independent front end is much more weak.

That's pretty awesome. My next car is going to be a Jeep.

Would you recommend a wrangler for mudding or which is best?

go to the org: offroad general thread and ctrl+f "jeep" starting from the bottom up. there's some ok discussion on wranglers yj, tj, and cj

>modern Rubicon
>cheapness
You want a cheap jeep you buy an XJ or TJ.

Why no 4th gen. Same size as 3d gen but can be had with glorious 2UZ-FE.

Expedition is what I'm considering most. I'm worried the excursion and Suburban will be too big lengthwise.

Expedition is the same length as a Suburban. The Excursion is basically a full size truck without a bed.