Toyota MR2

What does Veeky Forums think of the SW20 MR2?

S N A P

O
V
E
R
M
E
M
E

Fun to drive but also requires some experience.

Great car to learn manual in. I could drop the clutch into the next gear without giving it gas and it wouldn't jerk like my si does

I love mine. It may get a Beams swap eventually

Great meme
I had an NA and turbo.
Great cars

Looks like Ferrari-plagiarism.

lol wut?

They're p rad

Pretty cool, can be made to be fast easy.

Dangerous for inexperienced young drivers like most of Veeky Forums.

Also, I think its a shame it overshadows the ZZW30 model, which is just as good especially if you swap in the 190 hp engine.

Got to try one yesterday in heavy snow and ice.

It's amazing.
looks
>pop up headlights
>comfy interior, really spacious
>amazing visibility
>you can adjust the rear view mirror for a view of the spoiler and the engine deck
>a nice large boot enough to fit one avarage sized male
>3 seats
>fucking side vents and a really happy face

Feel
>literally feels like a mid engined go cart
>steering is precise, you can feel what each wheel is doing. Really top tier steering.
>gearbox is really nice and snappy. I've not driven an manual in 3 something years and as soon as I sat in and touched the gear lever I could change gears without even thinking about clutchwork or anything, it's super nice
>suspension is hard but not uncomfortable.

driving
>rwd is nice and it's surprisingly easy to control in heavy snow and ice. Took me a few minutes of going where the car wanted to go but after that I was going sideways around curbstones, small trolley bays and lampposts and I felt like I was in control.
>even the guy who owned it went through corners backwards as soon as it went to pure ice, but if there was even a little grip to be found it did spetaculary
>corners like no other car you can have for that price
>extremely reliable despite being at 250k miles and owned by 3 people who gave it a whip

Living with
>reliable
>spacious
>aftermarket is large and dirt cheap
>engine swaps for days
>mr2 owners are nice and keep together

Honestly a nice car. I'll definetly get it unless I get 3 extra grand for some reason in which case I'll get an r32

Best combo is sw20 body with zzw30 engine

No, that's disgusting.
The 3SGTE is an extremely capable engine which is superior to the 2ZZGE.

They're cool as shit and i want one badly

>yfw the mr2 came out before the ferrari it was apparently plagiarizing

No. Thats retarded.
If you're going to swap the sw20 mr2, go with a beams swap or a v6. 1mz or 2gr.
If zzw30, go 2zz. Its a very easy swap and nets you a lotus elise for a fraction of the cost

Good car, just watch out for leaves.

I'm an owner

Y
O
U
R

S
A
Y
I
N
G

T
H
A
T

T
H
E

S
W

P
U
L
L
E
D

O
F
F

T
H
E

J
U
M
P

N
O

H
A
I
R
P
I
N

N
U
M
B
E
R

!

Curious, how much of this applies to the AW11?

There's not too many SW20s where I live (GTA) for around $5k, except for an imported RHD GTS, but then insurance will be through the roof because lolOntario. Maybe I should suck it up and get the GTS.

>Maybe I should suck it up and get the GTS
you should

>3 seats
>Large trunk
Whaaaaat

if you move passanger seat as forward as possible theres a secret hidden seat behind it where the 3rd person can sit

AW11 B E T T E R

It's pretty much the same just a little less space inside, smaller trunk and less aftermarket

>If zzw30, go 2zz. Its a very easy swap and nets you a lotus elise for a fraction of the cost

not really but it's a definite improvement over stock

worst MR2

too soon user, too soon

Would you guys rate it higher than the S15?

Yes.

Mid-engine.

no

not even close

S15 is much better

Very different cars, depends on what you want.

Is that really an advantage? Snek and Poopra btfoed so many mid-engine supercars of the same era. "i think MR is a compromise, it's definitely better than heavy front, but worse than 50/50 FR. Although it must be pretty fun to drive a car with no understeer (never driven an MR car).

It certainly comes with a better package (if you buy a Spec R). With SW20 you might have to build it up to be equally good depending what version you buy (and there's so many).

I'd buy one if I didn't need back seats.
They're stupid cheap and common in bongland.

someone say 4WD?

curious

Oh god pls no

The car is somewhat a compromise. Not as mechanically sophisticated or powerful as supra, but it's smaller and like twice cheaper. Not as small and easy to drive/drift as AE86 but is actually fast (and it can in fact be very fast). Not a drifter like the S-chassis cars, but better mechanically.

S15 is a shit car for scumbags

Where did it touch you? Silvia is infinitely less scummy that the SX, not sure if it shares the same Nissan QUALITY though. But it's gotta be at least more refined compared to the s13 and s14.

>nissan
>quality
Pick one

S15 just took memes from the Jap mod scene and made them stock
>Z32 front brake swap
>aftermarket gearbox
>strut braces

I like to call it "final evolution of drift cars".